Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by KaijuCanuck »

EMERGENCE: KAIJU INVASION

Well, my sci-fi game flopped so let’s try something with a little simpler of a backstory! My basic inspiration was to play in a world that combined elements of a classic Toho-style kaiju universe with that of a Pacific Rim dynamic (although taking place immediately after the kaiju threat has begun).

BACKGROUND: In the year 2021, a small island (Marianas Island) rose suddenly and mysteriously to the surface in international waters of the Pacific Ocean, above the Marianas Trench. An initial UN survey team found the island to contain massive amounts of a new kind of metal; dubbed ‘Marianasium’, the metal was found to be both incredibly lightweight and indestructible, except by itself. It also has qualities that, on the surface, seem mystical or supernatural, namely that the metal is infused with a beautiful, glowing, plasma-like substance they have called ‘ambrosia’ (the survey team discovered this by smashing two Marianasium rocks together, breaking them both apart, and has kept it quiet until they understand it better). Ambrosia contains energy levels off the charts, but exactly how to harness that energy remains a mystery. After news of their findings broke, the US received intelligence that Russia was sending a naval task force to the island. The US did the same, followed by China, and a tense, three-way stand-off ensued for a week.

Then, the kaiju came. Like vengeful gods, gigantic beasts mysteriously emerged all over the world, wreaking incredible havoc. Many assume the kaiju have some connection to Marianas Island, but so far that connection is unproven.

THE GAME:
The game will follow the progress of the Kaiju War, as well as examine the mystery behind the island, the metal, and ambrosia. The game picks up two days after the first kaiju emerged. The world is thrown into chaos. A United Nations conference on the kaiju has begun, but has not yet been able to determine a course of action. This is due to continuing political tensions between the great powers, who still wish to control the Marianasium, and lack of information about the kaiju (the scope of the problem is not yet understood, and many nations believe they can handle them on their own). Hilariously, the only thing the conference has decided on so far is the invention of a shared computer program, ‘Newton’, which dispenses codenames for each new monster that appears.

The UN survey team originally sent to the island have since been reorganized into the ‘United Nations Emergence Investigation Squad’ (UNEIS, or EIS for short). Travelling with a small protection force consisting of soldiers from mainly smaller and more neutral countries, they are investigating the emergence and its connection to the island.

RULES:

1. This is a story based game, rather than competition. As such, I am imposing few restrictions on kaiju power. But I will be watching for anyone who uses his or her power like a jerk. Respect the other players and their creations. If your kaiju get into a fight, it is recommended that you PM other players or discuss in the hub topic so that everyone gets a satisfying conclusion.

2. Conventional and nuclear weapons will prove useless against the kaiju. Kaiju can be hurt and maybe killed by each other, and by weapons utilizing Marianasium and Ambrosia (NOTE: THE HUMANS DO NOT YET KNOW THIS).

3. Original kaiju only. Kaiju can be inspired by existing ones.

4. Standard kaiju height will be 300 feet. Anything significantly larger than that must be approved by me. Minimum height is 20 feet.

5. Multiple kaiju of the same species (so, not a unique individual) can be on one profile (please note this somewhere in the profile)

6. The kaiju are not united in motive or intelligence. Feel free to design and depict them however you want.

7. All Earth monsters share the same, currently unknown origin. However, if you want to bring in space monsters or something Ultraman-esque, by all means you will have freedom of origin. I am okay with players expanding the lore and scope of the world. Let’s create something cool!
- No Earth mechs yet, but they might come later

8. No restrictions on number of characters.

9. Any lore creation that may happen must occur on a first-come first-serve basis. If another player establishes some past event, or whatever it might be, you can't create any lore that contradicts it.

10. Before the island appeared, nothing sci-fi, fantasy, or extra-real happened in the world that is public knowledge (they may have happened quietly, only known to a few).

11. If a player has stopped posting and you need a response in order to progress your character, you may take control of the other character ONLY in the interests of progressing your character (ie. other character is not just yours now) after you have waited two weeks for a response.

KAIJU PROFILE TEMPLATE:

Name:

Height (in feet; weight and length optional):

Physical description:

Emergence (where/ how they emerged):

Personality:

Powers/Abilities:

Weaknesses:

HUMAN PROFILE TEMPLATE:

Name:

Physical Description:

Nationality:

Faction:

Role (occupation, vocation, etc.):

Backstory:

[border][/border]

Below are two completed profiles of my characters, for clarity.

Name: Tyrosus

Scientific Classification: Ursus Tyrannus

Height: 300 feet when standing

Physical Description: Tyrosus resembles a gigantic grizzly bear, with a few big differences. His eyes are perpetually glowing red, and the fur on his back naturally rises up to form a rough, sail shaped mane running lengthwise. His short tail is usually visible only from the bladed, arrow-shaped bone on the end. This is deceiving - Tyrosus can enter into a ‘battle mode’, where the tail shoots out (resembles a very long, muscular otter tail) and becomes a nimble, lightning-quick slashing weapon that makes up for his lumbering, slow speed. Two fangs emerge from his top jaw, and the second and fourth claws on his front paws lengthen into wicked, hooked daggers. His body is covered in scars from past battles. Finally,Tyrosus generally travels on all fours, but fights standing upright. His back legs are built to be a little more like that of a biped, capable of supporting his weight and manoeuvring.

Tyrosus’ hair will gradually change colour depending on his locations. In polar conditions, it will be white. In temperate or hot conditions, it will gradually go from beige, to brown, to dark brown, to black. Black or white fur are indications that Tyrosus has been in one area a long time.

Emergence: from the side of a mountain in the Alberta rockies. The RCAF immediately dispatched a fighter squad - Tyrosus quickly destroyed them all. Since then he has been in a running battle with the Canadian Army, constantly forcing their retreat as he approaches the resort town of Banff.

Personality: Tyrosus is by nature an extremely suspicious, hostile animal that generally seeks isolation. He does not seek out conflict, except when hunting, but his brain is essentially hard wired for violence (this is a shame, as he is relatively smart for an animalistic kaiju). He will challenge anything he perceives to be a threat basically on sight (if he feels cornered, but he has a very broad understanding of feeling cornered: if you're on another mountain he'll go around you, if you're in the same clearing that's his goddamn clearing) Upon contact, generally Tyrosus will stand his ground, rear up and roar ferociously. One wrong move and he fights, waiting until just close enough to engage his 'battle mode'. In combat his instinct is to close the gap as quickly as possibly so that he can bring his powerful slashing claws, tail and fangs to bear on his enemies, although he can also fire his ‘shredder breath’ to do damage from afar. In battle Tyrosus is ferocious and unrelenting. It's as if he was made with the single purpose of fighting. Tyrosus is not a bully, but like an abused dog he possesses a deeply, deeply troubled mind.

As alluded to above, Tyrosus is a predator by nature. Like most bears he is omnivorous, and will consume entire forests, but his size advantage also meant that back in the day he could easily pick off mammoths, rhinos, giant sloths, the occasional human (though he typically ignored them, as there was little reason to pay attention to the average caveman). Occasionally, he would run down kaiju as well, using ambush tactics. He roamed most of North America, terrorizing it like a gigantic furry T-Rex, and may have already tangled with other kaiju currently awakening. Nevertheless, he mostly just likes to be alone, and like most predators he will take already dead food over a hunt. Additionally, his slow metabolism means he only needs a large meal every so often.

Powers/abilities:

Battle Mode - extension of tail, fangs, claws, which can slash straight through any known substance.

Strength and Durability
- Although his thick fur can be torn or singed off with reasonable force, the skin beneath is as thick as scales. Tyrosus is not as well protected as a kaiju who is explicitly armoured, but his skin is can take most standard kaiju attacks. Tyrosus is also extremely strong - a well-placed swipe of his front paws can send a lighter foe spinning, and a heavier one with a nasty concussive bruise.

‘Shredder Breath’ - a red energy breath weapon that coils around itself in a drilling motion and hits with incredible force and directed pressure. This weapon will ignite flammable materials, but it’s primary purpose is to drill through and shred apart contacting material. This can include the flesh of enemies, buildings, and the earth itself, allowing Tyrosus to construct caves or burrow through tunnels.

Burrowing - using the aforementioned breath, or his extendable front claws, Tyrosus can burrow underground, hiding from enemies, and enabling more covert travel

Heightened Senses - like a real bear, Tyrosus possesses excellent hearing and a incredible sense of smell, allowing him to smell out threats, food or direct himself whilst burrowing. His healing factor is also enhanced; it generally takes Tyrosus about 24 hours to recover from minor and medium wounds.

Pain Tolerant Ronin - Tyrosus is an unrelenting fighting machine, going into a bloodrage if he gets riled up enough, and will rarely let up his assault until the enemy flees or is killed. It would take some serious damage to bring him down. Relatedly, his pain threshold is incredibly high, allowing him to push on and finish the fight.

Rex of the North - Tyrorsus looks and behaves likes an alpha predator, and for good reason. All things considered he can be safely ranked on the lower end of the upper tier of kaiju.

Weaknesses:

Water - Tyrosus can swim as well as any bear, comfortably paddling along the surface. However, this paddling is slow and difficult and manoeuvre, making him a poor combatant in the water.

Temperature – Tyrosus is most comfortable in cold and temperate weather, but he can withstand hot temperatures. Long-term exposure to hot temperatures, however, such as in a desert, will wear him down over time. Extremely hot conditions, such as in a volcano, will weaken him greatly faster.

Pain Tolerant Ronin - The downside of Tyrosus' pain tolerance and determination is that he will keep up a fight much too long, not realizing if he's losing. If he gets excited enough into a full-on bloodrage, his lack of thought can allow even much weaker enemies to find a blindspot and do some damage. Obviously it hasn't killed him yet, but Tyrosus is not invincible and he has walked away from battles decrepit and bleeding all over.

Speed - With his arms, head and tail Tyrosus moves lightning quick... his legs not so much. He is relatively fast when on all fours, but, being an ambush predator, can only give chase for short distances at a time.

[border][/border]

Name: Lieutenant Helen Parker

Physical Description: Short in stature, with long brown hair and brown eyes, pale skin. Narrow face with sharpened features. Given her military training, Helen is in excellent physical shape.

Nationality: Canadian

Faction: Royal Canadian Air Force

Role: fighter pilot

Backstory:

Helen was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the youngest child of a military family, with her father in the navy and her older brother in the army. She viewed joining the air force as a challenge rather than a call to duty, wanting to prove to her male-dominated family (and her older brother especially) that she could also succeed in the military. Succeed she did; since the start of her training to fly the CF-18 Superhornet, she has been consistently the very top of her class. Despite her determination and competitive spirit, Helen is a generally genial, compassionate, outgoing and happy person.

Even with her top marks, Helen was shocked when the kaiju crisis began and she was sent into action several months early. Needing new pilots quickly, the RCAF has promoted their top cadets early and sent them into the field. Helen is now stationed in CFB Cold Lake, Alberta, and is being sent into combat against the rampaging Tyrosus.

CHARACTERS

HUMANS

KaijuCanuck

Lieutenant Helen Parker - Fighter pilot, Royal Canadian Air Force

Doctor Grygoriy Ewaschuk - Lead Researcher, UNEIS

Archie Fletcher - Canadian Diplomat, UN Summit

Major Gandhiv Semaj - Field Commander of UNEIS Task Force (protects the scientists)

Lieutenant General Gregory Lambert - commands Canadian Army

General Alexander Klein - overall commander of Canadian Armed Forces

Dr. Eiji Sato - lead researcher of secret Japanese robotics project

Zarm

Rachel Pacheco - Israeli Liaison, UN Summit

Professor Ivan Ransikoff - Botanist, UNEIS

Damien 'Blade' Harrison - Mercenary, UNEIS

Elizabeth Reed - Molecular biologist and pharmacologiest, UNEIS

Naleli Karabo - brave human companion of the kaiju Kavaru

Godzilla165

Amelia McClain - British Diplomatic Advisor - UN

Hayden Jones - American UN Spy

Laurence Andricia - young foster teen

Andrew the Gojfan

Gabriel Muntenescu - Biologist and Geographer, UNEIS

Akihiko Yasoshima - backup researcher to Muntenescu, UNEIS. Very young, has a troubled past.

SenseiTariyakiV

Eon Visser - Leader of the Gauteng Rebellion

JAGzilla

Private Mike Robbins - British soldier, UNEIS

Dawsbfiremind

Mateo Marcos - Former Spanish special forces officer assigned to UN operations in Egypt. Part of a secret project known as 'Blue Loop'.

The Djinns - a humanoid race hailing from another realm. Have a strong connection with the kaiju of their world.

KAIJU

KaijuCanuck

Tyrosus

Fennikusu

Ghagon/Flower Ghagon

Dracochelys

Cybermat 47

Colony

Godzilla165

Mokushi

Hanjiru

Ryōmen no Hebi

Billzilla1974

Ignus Lung

SenseiYariyakiV

Scaldera

The Grootslang

Plaguebringer

Andrew the Gojifan

Thanatos

Spider Colony

Epizona

Bioterror (note: product of human experimentation and not a 'kaiju' in the true sense)

JAGzilla

Sangrazotz

The Kroaken

Kronos

Skogsdjur

Arugas

MechaGoji Bro7503

Makara

Zarm

Ragnarok

Vrithigee
- currently merged with Tilipazus as “Ultra-Tilipazus”

Tekuta

Trintaurus

Carnaris

Kavaru

Chyrnax

SuperPwnageGigan

Dirannosaurus

Dawsbfiremind

The Ogdoad
- Tiamat
- Ba-Pef
- Sobek
- Nu
- Montu
- Thoosa
- Anubis
- Ra

MinorBone Good

Kuma

Suigam

Tilipasus
- currently merged with Vrithigee as “Ultra-Tilipazus”

Valse

Ceokiri
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 40 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by JAGzilla »

Cool. With Uprising in another slump (the final one, I suspect), I have kind of been wanting to start a new kaiju game. Will look into creating a monster(s?) for the game, probably a human character as well. I have one I've been tossing around, but it's a bit similar to Terosus in some ways. I'll think it over.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

This looks fun. I'm completely unreliable when it comes to roleplays, but I might make a minor character or kaiju for this.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Awesome guys! Let me know if either of you have questions.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Do the Kaiju know where they came from? In order to get into their heads, we need to know at least some of what they know. Are they supposed to be newly born/created, or have they been around a while, or...?

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

JAGzilla wrote:Do the Kaiju know where they came from? In order to get into their heads, we need to know at least some of what they know. Are they supposed to be newly born/created, or have they been around a while, or...?
Good question. So the kaiju are not aware of their ultimate origin (ie: how they came to be) They do, however, remember their last/first awakening about 20,000 years ago. They all began in an infant state, inside marianasium 'wombs' filled with ambrosia (this can be altered if you want something that fits your kaiju better, but you must involve marianasium and ambrosia) The details of their own growth and at what point they hatched can be up to you. This awakening lasted about 1,000 years. During this period they would have just done whatever was natural to each individual, unimpeded by major civilizations. So they have met humans before, while we were still in a primal state, and would probably remember whatever was important to them in that time (geography, events, etc.)

Would you guys want me to give the full details of the 'mystery' backstory? I was going to keep it under wraps because I thought that may be more fun but I totally understand if you're more comfortable playing knowing everything.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

So after the awakening period, they went into hibernation or something for the intervening millennia? Pretty standard kaiju story, if so, and easily worked with.

Also, I'd say maybe hold off on the full backstory. Some surprises in store will help keep the game going.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

JAGzilla wrote:So after the awakening period, they went into hibernation or something for the intervening millennia? Pretty standard kaiju story, if so, and easily worked with.

Also, I'd say maybe hold off on the full backstory. Some surprises in store will help keep the game going.
Yeah, that part is pretty standard. One cool thing we could play with is kaiju who have met before, either as foes or as allies. And sounds good about the backstory, but I'll also let other people chime in on that if they want.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Name: Colony

Height: Queen: 80 metres (262 feet). Worker: 20 metres (65 feet).

Physical description: A giant species of ant.

Emergence: Burrowed out of the Blue Mountains, Australia.

Personality: The Queen exists only to lay eggs. Workers are driven only by the need to protect the Queen, larvae, and pupae.

Powers/Abilities: Incredibly fast reproduction, can spray formic acid, can co-ordinate large numbers over a wide area.

Weaknesses: Will die out without the queen, can be tricked with pheromones.

Diet: Meat. Humans are the most prevalent source of meat they can find.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Alright, *cracks knuckles*. Let's see if I still got it.

Mokushi
Spoiler:
Name: Mokushi

Height: 95 meters

Wingspan: Main wings-450 meters
Secondary wings-300 meters

Physical description: Mokushi is, for a lack of a better term, beautiful, yet oddly so. His body is formed by gentle and sloping curves that makes it appear as though it was formed by wind. Mokushi is a dragon from the depths of space, and because of that, his entire being mimics his exotic home. Angular seams in his flesh glow warmly in a pale, milky blue coloration, and trace down to the very tips of his three, spiked tails. Mokushi's skin itself sparkles and twinkles as if miniature stars were stuck to him, allowing for an iridescence that can be seen even when there isn't a ton of visible light around. The veins in his four, leathery wings radiate with an intense, purple glow, and leave a trail of energy in their wake as Mokushi flies through the air. In fact, his entire body does, for that matter. To the human eye, Mokushi takes the appearance of a comet, cascading across the sky. Four heads, each with three eyes on both sides of their cranium, dominate the front of this exotic dragon's large body. Twin horns of different shapes and sizes, adorn the tops of each head, with a distinctive bumpy ridge sitting on the snout of the central head. Razor sharp teeth line glowing red maws, said maws having the ability to split in half at the lower jaw, and a three pronged tongue allows Mokushi to fully enjoy whatever unfortunate prey item he is feasting on.

Four, muscular, and clawed legs jut out from Mokushi's underside, allowing him to pounce and chase down prey like an over sized big cat. Razor sharp, glowing white talons rip, tear, and disembowel any who dare pick a fight with this predatory dragon. Four additional, three fingered talons adorn the tips of each of Mokushi's expansive wings. In the center of his chest, lies a distinctive, triangular, and blue crystal of unexplained origin.
Emergence: As stated, Mokushi was born within the cold depths of space, but it is unknown where nor when his inception was, exactly.

Personality: Mokushi wants nothing more in his mysterious and bizarre life, than to destroy anything and everything that he comes into contact with. His entire existence is based on the annihilation of different civilizations on different worlds, so that he may then go on to slowly drain the life force from said planet. Mokushi is also dangerously intelligent, and has on numerous occasions, shown signs of both sadism, and deeper thinking than the average kaiju.

Powers/Abilities: Nova rays- Mokushi is able to unleash up to three, multi colored streams of radioactive, and burning hot energy from his split maws. These beams are hotter than the surface of the sun, and can turn cities in seas of flame within a matter of minutes. The biggest drawback, however, is that the Nova rays eat up a significant amount of energy, and can only be used in short bursts at a time.

Gamma radiation- Because of Mokushi's space origin, he is incredibly radioactive, with the toxic energy practically seeping off of him at all times.

Shining Neutron wave- That triangular crystal that is embedded into Mokushi's chest isn't just there for decoration; it can be used as a devastating torrent of destruction. Said attack can, if charged up enough, erase large portions of an area at one time, essentially glassing it, and even tear through an entire planet. The drawback to this is, is that a Shining Neutron wave takes up to three hours to fully charge, and Mokushi is rendered immobile during the process. It also completely drains the dragon of his energy, and makes him completely vulnerable for 24 hours. This is only when and if Mokushi decides to use it within the atmosphere of a planet; in the depths of space, Mokushi has significantly more energy to expel and can utilize a Shining Neutron wave to its fullest capacity without worry.

Supersonic speed
- For quicker traversal, Mokushi can expel some of his energy stores and reach supersonic speeds. He is relegated to traveling at said velocity once he is within a planet's domain, but inside the vacuum of space, Mokushi can travel even faster.

EMP burst
- Mokushi is able to release powerful EMP waves that are large enough to shut down an entire city, and fry the whole grid.

Solar flares
- Using stored energy from a system's star, Mokushi can unleash enormous solar flares from his great wings. They reach temperatures that are hot enough to envelop several city blocks in walls of fire, and melt solid concrete.

Psychic control
- Mokushi is able to take control of the minds of weak minded beings, and use them for his own twisted motives.

Weaknesses: Cold - Mokushi is extremely vulnerable to freezing temperatures, and can freeze to death within three hours if he is exposed to such for long enough. As also stated earlier, Mokushi's attacks use up a ton of energy, and the process of him regaining said energy back can take anywhere from three, to twenty four hours.

Backstory: In the late 1860s, Mokushi set his ravenous sights on Earth as his next conquest. However, on the way to the little blue marble, an unknown event rendered Mokushi completely immobile, and essentially shut his entire body down. As such, the dragon crash landed deep into the wilderness in D.C. , where he remains to this day. The world's governments formed a secret, underground agency that studies his movements 24/7, and uses the opportunity to study and gain knowledge on the endless expanse of space, while Mokushi is dormant. However, recent energy readings have shown a large spike in the dragon's energy levels, and the leading world figures believe that it is only a matter of time before Mokushi rises again.

Hanjiru
Spoiler:
Name: Hanjiru
Height: 80 meters
Wingspan: 350 meters

Physical description: Another specimen from space, like her distant cousin, Mokushi, Hanjiru basically takes the same overall shape of the former, and adds sharp and abrupt angles to it. With skin made from diamond and ice, Hanjiru glistens and sparkles elegantly in the sunlight. Only one, long and slender head dominates the front of her, with two, glowing yellow eyes. Two, rocky wings envelop Hanjiru's flanks, and two clubbed tails hang from her backside. Three, ruby red, and crystalline horns stretch into the shape of a crest atop the dragon's cranium. Hanjiru's rock hard flesh is also semi-transparent, allowing for one to see the complex inner workings of her iridescent nervous system. Two, muscular and clawed legs stretch out on both of Hanjiru's sides, and four-fingered claws on the tips of her wings allow her to walk on all fours.

Personality: Unlike the sadistic, power hungry, and chaotic Mokushi, Hanjiru is a calm and peaceful giant. She wants nothing more than to bring about prosperity and tranquility on every world she visits. Hanjiru is a healing monster, rather than a destructive one. Her intelligence is also quite impressive, able to understand human language to an extent, and learn the different cultures of societies.

Powers/Abilities: Tranquil harmony- Hanjiru is able to unleash an emerald green wave of energy from her maw, and the flaps of her wings, that heals the land around her. While a rather slow process, taking up to 48 hours to fully take effect, said ability essentially restores whatever vegetation or land mass that has been destroyed, to its normal state.

Frigid storm: Hanjiru can freeze enemies with built up energy from her body, to temperatures reaching two degrees below absolute zero. Said ability is dangerous to use however, as it makes Hanjiru vulnerable to the slightest increase in heat, and drains her body to extremely low levels.

Weaknesses: Hanjiru can't be out in sunlight for more than two hours, less she wants to melt. In fact, any large amounts of heat in a short time can overheat Hanjiru's body, and take her to the brink of death. Hanjiru is also quite a delicate kaiju, physically as well; she can't take too much physical abuse from another kaiju, or she'll shatter to pieces.

Backstory: Arriving on Earth shortly after Mokushi, Hanjiru came to the rocky planet in order to defend it from his inevitable reign of destruction. However, Hanjiru re-entered Earth's atmosphere too quickly, and as such, overheated her body. Luckily, she had enough energy to keep her body sufficiently cool in order to safely crash land at the bottom of a massive glacier. After almost two decades past,
Hanjiru gained enough energy back from the force of her crash to escape from her icy tomb.

Today, Hanjiru has made a home on the outskirts of Antarctica, due to the harsh temperatures. She only ever travels away from her home to secretly keep Earth same from whatever kaiju that knocks on its door. However, the looming threat of the space devil, Mokushi always remains on Hanjiru's mind. She cannot, and will not allow for another world to be taken by the king of chaos.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.

#BotM

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^Awesome Cybermat47, great to have a many-individual kaiju!
Godzilla165 wrote:Alright, *cracks knuckles*. Let's see if I still got it.
Those are really cool kaiju, I appreciate how vivid and well-written the descriptions are and I dig the Ghidorah influence. Could I suggest some minor changes to fit the game a little neater? As I said, I'm totally cool with space monsters and new lore to make the world bigger, but I do think it's important that the world in general is unaware there any monsters at all until the emergence event. My philosophy here is to kind of take the ordinary world as it is today, and transition it into a toho-style world with all the crazy stuff that comes with it. 1997 means the world will know about the existence of giant monsters much earlier than the emergence event. Could Mokushi's arrival be a government secret, and Hanjiru's (if she's busy fighting kaiju) more recent? Maybe Mokushi crashed somewhere in the wilderness near DC. I'm open to other ideas you might have as well. Sorry, this maybe should have been something I specified earlier.

Here are two more human characters of mine.

Name: Dr. Grygoriy Ewaschuk

Physical Description: Dr. Ewaschuk is a tall, serious looking man with rough features and a perpetual stubble. He is commonly seen in an olive vest, with a matching tilly hat.

Nationality: Ukrainian

Faction: United Nations Emergence Investigation Squad (UNEIS)

Role (occupation, vocation, etc.): Zoologist, Lead Researcher of UNEIS

Backstory: Grygoriy Ewaschuk is not a typical scientist. He was born in Lviv, Ukraine, to poor farmers during the Soviet era. Despite his genius level intellect, and passionate interest in animals and wildlife, he learned to toil in the fields and expected to live out his days in the countryside and be a farmer like his parents. At age 18 Grygoriy was drafted into the Soviet Army, and fought in the Soviet War in Afghanistan where he became well-known for multiple acts of bravery. Most notably, he took command of his squad while wounded in the heat of a firefight, following the death of their commander, and successfully charged and cleared the enemy position. Following the end of his draft, the Soviet Army offered Grygoriy a massive promotion, but instead he requested a scholarship to study biology - it was granted. Grygoriy went on to become a leading researcher in animal biology and psychology. His specific studying of mutations to wildlife around Chernobyl made him the closest thing to an expert that the UN could think of given the current crisis - massive, enhanced life forms with unnatural-seeming abilities, connected mysteriously with an island. He was a member of the original survey team sent to Marianas Island and, following the discovery of Ambrosia, made it's leader. He is now leading his team (sans members dispatched to various Kaiju attack zones) on a second expedition to the island.

Dr. Ewaschuk is a stubborn, toughened man who doesn't suffer fools lightly. He maintains himself like a soldier, packing lightly and sticking to rigorous schedule, and his approach to leadership remains somewhat military as well. He expects efficiency and dedication from his team, and finds it difficult to be emotionally vulnerable to them. Still, the army was years ago and Ewaschuk acts more like a grumpy but caring father, protecting and caring for the people on his team. Being a civilian now also means that Ewaschuk has no need to be deferential to authority, and he frequently conflicts with the UNEIS Protection Task Force (UNEISPTF), the multinational military group assigned to protect EIS (frequently makes fun of their stupidly long acronym), and the 'sleepy' bureaucrats back at the UN.

Name: Archie Fletcher

Physical Description: Archie stands about 6'0, lightly built with blue eyes and messy dirty blonde hair. His face is boyish and simply featured, and he commonly wears dark green, square glasses.

Nationality: Canadian

Faction: Canadian Delegation to the United Nations Summit on the Emergence Event

Role (occupation, vocation, etc.): Diplomat

Backstory: From early life, Fletcher was interested in politics and foreign policy. He excelled through university, gaining a masters in international relations, before joining the Canadian Foreign Service. Upon entering, Fletcher was somewhat disenchanted with the slowness and inefficiency of government; however, he remains stalwart in his desire to use the public service to do good, and it's potential for doing so.

This disenchantment has now translated to the ongoing UN Summit, where Fletcher has become annoyed at bickering, lack of leadership, and finagling of everyone's national interests that has plagued the summit. Fletcher has since gone (a little bit) rogue from his own delegation, meeting with other like-minded people to try and form an international coalition of diplomats who will actually get things done.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Of course. Aaand, edited.

#BotM

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Godzilla165 wrote:Of course. Aaand, edited.
Awesome, thanks dude! I probably should have specified this, I'll add in a new rule.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Man, some aspects of one of my monsters are going to seem redundant, now. Meh, no big deal, I guess. I've got three kaiju and a human in the works; will get bios posted as time allows. I'll try to have at least one up by Wednesday.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

This sounds cool, I'll try to participate, but I've been busy with college recently.

Name: Ignus Lung.

Height: (60 meters)200 feet when standing on back legs.

Length(head to tail): 400 feet

Weight: 6000 tons

Physical description: A giant reptile that bares the exact appearance of a Chinese dragon, five fingered, clawed hands, with opposable thumbs and four clawed back feet. A serpentine body covered in red scales with golden plates on his underside, a long tail with a gold, arrow shaped fin on its tip, and large golden spines lined up along his back. His head is large, with a big snout, large, greenish-hazel eyes, giant jaws, and bat-like ears. His limbs are long and thin, but packed with muscle.

Emergence: Ignus Lung recently crawled out of an active volcano in Alaska, but has remained in close vicinity to it.

Personality: Ignus Lung is a creature that, while destructive, doesn't intend to be so. He usually has a gentle curiosity about the new world he awoke to. His temper can ruin a peaceful moment, as a mere attempt to "examine" a tree could end with him starting a forest fire in frustration. This can cause grief for the dragon, for he values the life of the earth despite being too large and dangerous to interact with it. Ignus witnessed humanity using fire during his previous awakening and may come to humanity's aid if they don't attack him first.

Powers/Abilities:
Heat/energy absorption: Ignus Lung can absorb heat the environment, and from enemy projectiles, to increase his strength, or regenerate his wounds more quickly. The dragon can also absorb high voltages of electricity.

Flight: An organ within his body focuses electromagnetic energy, granting him flight at mach 4, though he prefers to fight on land.

Flame breath: Ignus can breathe a stream of flame that is about 100,000 degrees Celsius and can create city engulfing firestorms, can be hotter if more energy is absorbed. Ignus can fire a stream of flame for as long as 30 seconds, although it requires him to recharge for at least 2 minutes afterwards unless he gains more energy.

Heated scales: For a few seconds Ignus Lung can superheat his skin to burn foes who attempt to grapple him.

Lightning slam: Using the stored power of 12 lightning bolts, the dragon can launch himself at a foe at mach 20, depending on the situation he might use this to attempt to flee. Ignus Lung must absorb enough electricity to preform this attack.

Physical strength: despite his light weight, Ignus can claw through thousands of tons of volcanic rock with ease, bite through tungsten without injury, and fend off larger foes with his claws, teeth, and tail.

Weaknesses:
Cold attacks: Ignus Lung is weak to freezing attacks, such attacks slow ignus down and make his scales brittle, and several minutes of exposure to ultra low temperatures(-100 or lower) will force him into hibernation, leaving him helpless.

Water: although Ignus Lung can swim and hold his breath for a few hours at a time, he can't breath water and must come up for air eventually. His fire attacks are also weakened in the water.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Took me while to come up with this and now it seems a tad bit derivative of Others... Darn. :P I can promise this is all original.
Anyways, this is the first kaiju I came up with. Not all that detailed but she'll probably be rather minor so I hope it's good. Let me know if there's anything I should improve!

Soldera
Spoiler:
Scientific Classification: Hippocampus Caudatas Titanus

Dimensions:

Height: 35 meters

Length(Tail Curled): 62 Meters

Physical description:
When you think of seahorse you probably don't think of abomination rumored to rise up from the deepest rings of dante's inferno, but with Soldera that's exactly what you get. A massive, orange-and white-hot seahorse with a series of spines connected by a sail right down her back.
But, while a mare of the sea, she is far from thoroughbred. The Chameleon-esque legs and feet that adorn her sides certainly draw attention to her imperfections, but the main attraction is certainly her face. Unlike the tubular proboscis that adorns most seahorse's faces, Soldera owns the long snout of a Gharial. Or you could call it that, if it weren't for the fact that the snout splits into four separate segments when opening, each connected by translucent yellow membranes. These keep her from opening her mouth too far, but it's enough to see the multiple rows of teeth and glowing gullet within.

As mentioned before, an orange and white glowing pattern of amorphous stripes adorn the length of her body. These patterns are ever shifting and moving, much like the surface of hot magma. The glow of these patterns get less intense as she uses more of her stored up heat. It will shift from an almost difficult to look at glow to a very dim blue and black/grey pattern.

Emergence (where/ how they emerged):
Soldera emerged from Kilauea, a volcano in hawaii. Studies of the volcano revealed large markings where Soldera actually dug her claws deep into the rock and climbed out of the volcano.

Personality:
Though she looks much more on the seahorse side, Soldera acts very similar to a chameleon. She is very curious and will investigate things out of the ordinary. She will stand on her hind legs to grab anything that catches her eye or grab onto things she can climb(though she can't walk in that fashion). This apathy would make her a gentle giant if it weren't for her easy temper. Even weaponry completely incapable of harming her will set her temper off; unfortunately, she has no concept of individual punishment, and the actions of one could set off a catastrophe.

Emotionally, she is basically apathetic. She can form feelings of trust, but love, sadness, happiness, and many more emotions are completely foreign to her. Reward, Curiosity, Fear, Rage, and occasionally trust are the only things she has felt.

Powers/Abilities:

Deep Sea Devil: Soldera can resist extreme pressure and breath underwater.

Prehensile Appendages: Soldera has prehensile hands and tail.

Soul of Sol: Soldera is basically a walking sun. She can store vast amounts of energy, levels of which make themselves apparent through her glow. luckily she keeps it stored as energy, but getting too close can cause severe burns. This energy can be used as sustenance OR released in offensive methods.

Microwave Emitter: Soldera has no traditional beam weapon, but does have something equally catastrophic. She can emit a precise stream of nearly undetectable microwaves(or something similar) only show via slight distortion in the air that heat up the environment. It will melt straight through things like snow and ice, while things like grass will basically burn away instantly. Metal and electronics spark and, eventually, explode(Vehicles will obviously explode more magnificently than, say, a stopsign).
But the most undeniably terrifying part is what it does to organic matter. Any animal small enough to be enveloped will basically boil from the inside out, either melting entirely or becoming a fleshy firework. Large beasts hit by it can sustain heavy organ damage from prolonged exposure, but otherwise it just blackens their skin and hurts real bad.

Steam Regulators: Through symmetrical pores on her back, Soldera can emit geysers of scalding steam. This can both be used to regulate temperatures if she gets to an uncomfortable heat or burn enemies/predators.

Weaknesses:

Overheating: While it is very high, Soldera does have a temperature cap. If she absorbs too much energy she could basically cause herself to melt down.

Cold Case: the inverse is true as well, as Soldera becomes extremely weak after having used all of her energy. This is rare but a very real problem for her.

Sloth: Soldera is rather slow and very inefficient in fast paced close combat.

Intelligence: Soldera isn't an idiot, but she isn't exactly a tactical mastermind.
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

This is awesome guys, really enjoying reading about your kaiju! You guys made me feel like mine was sparse, so I went back and fleshed him out a little. Excited to see what else some of you have coming! (really liked the scientific classification, gonna steal that)
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Thanks for letting me join KaijuCanuck! I'll post my characters sometime later today.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I don't why I had the heights in feet. Edited to meters.

#BotM

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Godzilla165 wrote:I don't why I had the heights in feet. Edited to meters.
Because one day, the English system will overthrow metric despite the naysayers and take its rightful place as the universal measurement system? :)

...Well, a guy can dream.

I think I'm in. I'm kinda working on parameters of just how much to create, but I expect to create a few profiles over the next few days.

One of them- we'll call him 'protector' for the moment, until i decide on his name- is kind of a 'always assume the best of kaiju' fella; he fights the aggressors or those causing destruction but generally treats any fellow kaiju he encounters as a potential friend and ally until he has reason to believe otherwise. As a result, he will probably have between 1 and 3 pre-existing alliances or friendships with other kaiju he has treated well, rescued from aggressors, or assisted as part of his backstory. So, just a heads-up if anyone wants to include a connection as a part of their own kaiju (one that is generally not a 'destroy all humans/defend my territory aggressively' type) when posting them.

Added in 3 hours 47 minutes 46 seconds:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Name: Dr. Grygoriy Ewaschuk

Physical Description: Dr. Ewaschuk is a tall, serious looking man with rough features and a perpetual stubble. He is commonly seen in an olive vest, with a matching tilly hat.

Nationality: Ukrainian
You're freakin' kidding me. :D That's hilarious; I didn't read this until I'd already created my Czech UNEIS Botanist! :lol: I can change the character if you think the coincidence is too similar. Great minds think alike, I guess!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!