Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:L O R E . . .

(Fun fact: he more you spell "center", the weirder it looks. :lol:)
That’s ‘centre’, you rebel scum. ;)

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:L O R E . . .

(Fun fact: he more you spell "center", the weirder it looks. :lol:)
That’s ‘centre’, you rebel scum. ;)
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforesw ... e#comments
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Zarm wrote:He wasn't sure that most of the people in the room had followed more than half of that, but...
Har har. Just a minute.
goji89 wrote:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Zarm wrote:He wasn't sure that most of the people in the room had followed more than half of that, but...
Har har. Just a minute.
To be fair, I only got about 5 hours of sleep, so I figured that might have just been me... ;) But it made sense for Bridgewell. I can just picture eveyrone in the room madly taking notes, trying to compare to both ancient mythology and known kaiju/events, and going "Wait! Is that group the same as the last group? Or a new group? And is it just being poetic about tears and hearts of suns, or is that alien technology? Oh wait, I missed it- which group did he just say created those people...?"

I suspect there are a lot of really preoccupied analysts in that room right now.
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Aye, the time change interferes with all us colonials.

Also only about 95% of that is canon. The other 5%-ish is superstition held by the Sentients.
goji89 wrote:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

@Billzilla1974 btw I went back and edited my post to show more damage to Tyrosus from the flame breath. I think my original post gave the wrong impression it didn't do very much - I was more just trying to balance that with the fact that Tyrosus doesn't really feel pain, but even if he is a Class 1 a 'city engulfing firestorm' like what you put in Ignus' profile should still do a fair amount of damage.

Also, RE: Zarm's most recent post - i thought the Swarm weren't kaiju, but the indigenous species of one of Daws' planets? Which doesn't necessarily mean conventional weapons work on them, just that if they didn't, it would be for different reasons.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Out of curiosity, Canuck, did you ever hear back from SenseiTeriyaki and SuperPawnage about whether they're coming back or not?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote:@Billzilla1974 btw I went back and edited my post to show more damage to Tyrosus from the flame breath. I think my original post gave the wrong impression it didn't do very much - I was more just trying to balance that with the fact that Tyrosus doesn't really feel pain, but even if he is a Class 1 a 'city engulfing firestorm' like what you put in Ignus' profile should still do a fair amount of damage.

Also, RE: Zarm's most recent post - i thought the Swarm weren't kaiju, but the indigenous species of one of Daws' planets? Which doesn't necessarily mean conventional weapons work on them, just that if they didn't, it would be for different reasons.
The Swarm is to Ba-Pef what the Servum are to Godzilla Earth. So yeah, they're indigenous.

Also I completely forgot about Rome Prime for some reason, so it's been edited into Ba-Pef's ramblings. Here's a bit of a key to his more obscure terminology:

Great void - black hole.
Hearts of Suns - Sentient superstition. Probably.
Kaiju ("Primal") nectar - ambrosia.
goji89 wrote:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

JAGzilla wrote:Out of curiosity, Canuck, did you ever hear back from SenseiTeriyaki and SuperPawnage about whether they're coming back or not?
Not yet.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:@Billzilla1974 btw I went back and edited my post to show more damage to Tyrosus from the flame breath. I think my original post gave the wrong impression it didn't do very much - I was more just trying to balance that with the fact that Tyrosus doesn't really feel pain, but even if he is a Class 1 a 'city engulfing firestorm' like what you put in Ignus' profile should still do a fair amount of damage.

The Swarm is to Ba-Pef what the Servum are to Godzilla Earth. So yeah, they're indigenous.

Also I completely forgot about Rome Prime for some reason, so it's been edited into Ba-Pef's ramblings. Here's a bit of a key to his more obscure terminology:

Great void - black hole.
Hearts of Suns - Sentient superstition. Probably.
Kaiju ("Primal") nectar - ambrosia.
Wait... the Servum came FROM Godzilla Earth though, right? So the Swarm came FROM Ba-Pef... so the Swarm ARE kaiju?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Whoa, lotsa spoilers, here, guys. Keep some stuff behind the curtain. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:Whoa, lotsa spoilers, here, guys. Keep some stuff behind the curtain. :)
Ohhhhhhhh I see, Bridgewell just thinks they're kaiju... whoops. My bad, for some reason I thought that was common knowledge, but you were working from a mistaken fact.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Full Kojima mode here. :lol: Sorry it's a little time-bending, but I meant to post that in July.
goji89 wrote:

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Ah ok, I made a minor edit to mine to acknowledge this.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Zarm wrote:Whoa, lotsa spoilers, here, guys. Keep some stuff behind the curtain. :)
Ohhhhhhhh I see, Bridgewell just thinks they're kaiju... whoops. My bad, for some reason I thought that was common knowledge, but you were working from a mistaken fact.
I did not know that they weren't kaiju, or had any connection with Ba-pef. But there's certainly no reason in-game for the characters to see them as any different from the Ghagon or Spider Colony, either. :)
Last edited by Zarm on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Hey lads, sorry about the lack of communication on my part. I'm going to catch up and start participating again as soon as possible.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Sweet. The game wouldn't have felt right with if your characters had been left hanging or taken over by someone else. Glad to know they'll be handled as originally intended. :D

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

So I don’t know why I wrote this far in advance, but I just finished the last scene for Hanjiru and... Stock up on some damn tissues, boys.

#BotM

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Sorry I haven' got a proper response yet guys. Work's got me bogged down a bit.
goji89 wrote:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Not an excuse, Daws. :mad: We expect a minimum of a thousand words a day, two thousand on weekends. And what happened to you bringing the coffee and donuts every day? Are you trying to get kicked out of the game?