Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by Zarm »

All my names are just made up to sound cool. Barring one ironic joke on Norse mythology.

I have contributed so much to this conversation. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Suigam is a combination of two words. Suicide and Gam (Which is pretty much means thin legs.) So in other words, Suicide legs.

Kuma is a nickname I used for my little sister. (She tends to be a bit hot headed, so I took part of Kumasogami's name :) )

Valse and Tilipazus are just names I thought of that sounded cool.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Let me know if there’s anything I need to change about my most recent post guys. Wasn’t sure about my handling of Amelia, and also of what each character knew about the strategy room, so I kind of guessed. Also wasn’t sure what had gotten out yet about Egypt and the sentient kaiju.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ You portrayed her exceptionally, mate, good job ;)!

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Well, snap. Stuff just got moving in the UN storyline. :lol: I'd totally forgotten that Kavaru and his passengers were headed for New York, so I was thinking the riot's panic meant Plaguebringer was Emerging, or something. Very interested to see where things are going to go for Eon, though; maybe assisting Gauteng Province will be the UN task force's first project?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

JAGzilla wrote:maybe assisting Gauteng Province will be the UN task force's first project?
...Somehow I doubt it. :) We'll have to see what the generals have in mind when the plotline kicks off in full, but I'm expecting the ongoing Ghagon invasion of Europe will be their top priority. And I doubt circumstances will slow down enough for them to think very long term after that...

What I want to know is: what happens next on the island? It's a heck of a cliffhanger we've left off on, especially for a plot thread that I had assumed was going to be taking a break for the next several months because everyone in the story was sleeping through the night. :)
Last edited by Zarm on Thu May 31, 2018 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Also wasn’t sure what had gotten out yet about Egypt and the sentient kaiju.
Not much about the sentients being sentient has reached public knowledge at this point, they currently just a) know about Tiamat and b) just think she's another kaiju.

What is known by the public is the presence of the Swarm after their havoc wreaking on the way to the Delta, soon to lead to the existence of Gates becoming common knowledge.

Also, as Ganesh is looking into current events to predict their outcome, it'll drive the other sentients into action, but only after the events of the "Tiamat Arc".
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Also wasn’t sure what had gotten out yet about Egypt and the sentient kaiju.
Not much about the sentients being sentient has reached public knowledge at this point, they currently just a) know about Tiamat and b) just think she's another kaiju.

What is known by the public is the presence of the Swarm after their havoc wreaking on the way to the Delta, soon to lead to the existence of Gates becoming common knowledge.

Also, as Ganesh is looking into current events to predict their outcome, it'll drive the other sentients into action, but only after the events of the "Tiamat Arc".
Ah. My bad, I shall edit my post accordingly.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:

Waitaminit...the sentient's sentience isn't public knowledge, but a UN representative or two does know about it (and the oracles).

And don't worry, it's not "your bad". It's darn hard keeping track of someone else's train of thought.
goji89 wrote:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:maybe assisting Gauteng Province will be the UN task force's first project?
...Somehow I doubt it. :) We'll have to see what the generals have in mind when the plotline kicks off in full, but I'm expecting the ongoing Ghagon invasion of Europe will be their top priority. And I doubt circumstances will slow down enough for them to think very long term after that...

What I want to know is: what happens next on the island? It's a heck of a cliffhanger we've left off on, especially for a plot thread that I had assumed was going to be taking a break for the next several months because everyone in the story was sleeping through the night. :)
Yeah, I mean rightly or wrongly, historically speaking the priority of allied countries during times of global crisis is to save Europe. Just kind of what happens for some reason. :?

Epizona was a real curve ball. :lol: Haven’t really figured out what Semaj and Ewaschuk’s reaction will be yet. This poor group just doesn’t catch a break!
Dawsbfiremind wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:

Waitaminit...the sentient's sentience isn't public knowledge, but a UN representative or two does know about it (and the oracles).

And don't worry, it's not "your bad". It's darn hard keeping track of someone else's train of thought.
So sorry, is the post good as it is? Or would you like me to edit part of it?

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote: So sorry, is the post good as it is? Or would you like me to edit part of it?
It's good, sorry I didn't speak clearly (again).

Really, I'm sorry Canuck.
goji89 wrote:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote: So sorry, is the post good as it is? Or would you like me to edit part of it?
It's good, sorry I didn't speak clearly (again).

Really, I'm sorry Canuck.
No need! Just double checking, thanks Daws! :)

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Name: Ceokiri

Height: 55 Feet (Physical Form) || 60 Feet (Spirit Form) || 20 feet (Ceo's)

Length: 105 Feet (Physical Form) || 100 Feet (Spirit Form) || 40 Feet (Ceo's)

Physical Description: In short, Ceokiri mostly resembles a red fox, though, with some major differences. The most notable difference is that the back half of her body is completely removed, as if she was cut in half by a giant guillotine. The entire behind of her body constantly spews out a thick layer of a bright, rainbow colored fog. Though hard to see and do, the inside of her body is actually enter-able. There is no organs seen within, instead, they seem like they are random bones and organs 'painted' on the walls of her body. Ceokiri's has slime replacing normal fur, having a bright rainbow color to it, not unlike the fog she generates. The pattern is VERY similar to that of paint splatter art. Some minor differences include sharper claws, sharper teeth, six bulges on the back, and the color of Ceokiri's eyes being gold.

In Ceokiri's spirit form, she now has the bottom half of her body, along with a pair of wings that look similar to a flying fish's. Her body is now translucent, having a soft purple glow to it as well. Her eyes will also have turned purple.

The Ceo's are six, large foxes that each have their own individual color. The colors include: red, purple, black, white, brown, and transparent. They all have a slight glow when in the colorful fog. When out of the fog, their entire body begins to rapidly flash white.

Emergence: Binghamton, New York. Was first seen crawling out of where the Susquehanna river and the Chenago river meet. Ceokiri began to cover the majority of the city with the mist for a few hours before the fog began to clear up. Ceokiri's spirit then headed west.

Personality: Ceokiri is not one of the smartest of the bunch. She often ignores any living being, human or kaiju. When Ceokiri is threatened in her hunting season, she'll attempt to maul any creatures (no matter how big or small) to death. This usally. gets her brutally beaten and cause her to retreat.

During hunting season, Ceokiri will have the bulges on her back open, releasing the Ceo's. Ceokiri falls asleep for an hour, letting the fog coming from her body to expand to a 5 and a half mile radius. The Ceo's try to hide away within the fog for as long as they can before Ceokiri hunts them down and devours them. Once Ceokiri has eaten all six of her prey, all the fog evaporates away, and then Ceokiri is able to transform into her spirit form, leaving her physical form as a dead carcass.

Spirit Ceokiri ironically seems to be the complete opposite of her physical self, actually seeming to be peaceful, intelligent. Spirit Ceokiri remembers all of her past lives, thus, remembering some of the other kaiju.

Powers/Abilities: HUNTING SEASON: During the hunting season, Ceokiri gains a bit of an adrenaline boost, making her faster and slightly stronger.

SPEED: Despite only having two legs, she surprisingly can move around quickly.

THICK FOG: Due to being the continuous mist coming out of her, it is typically hard to see.

EYES ON THE PRIZE: With her special eyes, she can see farther than the average kaiju can. Along with that, she has a thermal vision of the sorts, which helps her see through her own fog. This also helps Ceokiri spot the dimly glowing Ceo in the hunt. The eyes will turn red is the Ceo get out of the 'play zone' and she will have the ability to see them through objects.

ASCEND/DESCEND: After she catches all six Ceo's she transforms into her Spirit form. Spirit Ceokiri is forced to descend after a 12 hour period.

A GHOSTS BLESSING: Ceokiri cannot be be damaged at all when in this period.

Weaknesses: BLINDING LIGHT: Due to her sensitive eyes, if too much light enters her eyes, she becomes blinded for a short while.

FAILURE: If Ceokiri dies during the hunting season, she will NOT be able to go into her spirit form.

A GHOSTS CURSE: When in her spirit form, she is unable to make an attack on any kaiju or object.

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
Well, this is certainly one of my more bizarre kaiju I've created, isn't it?

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^Another extremely original kaiju, dude! I think this will be approved, but could you explain the life cycle for me one more time? Just want to make sure I understand it.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm on board for a fox kaiju. Regarding the timeline, though, I would say she definitely hasn't Emerged yet, or she should have been mentioned in the recent UN posts.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Sure thing!

Ceokiri first starts out in her non-hunter mode, searching for a interesting place to hunt. After finding one, she'll take a nap, releasing Ceo from her body while producing more fog. After around an hour, Ceokiri begins her hunt mode and she'll begin to hunt down the Ceo like it's some sort of game. After eating all six, her reward for the hunt is granted, allowing her to to become the ghost form and have all her old memories for a short while. After the time is up, she is transformed into a new Ceokiri, ready to begin the process all over again,

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Dang MinorBone, you got some bloody unique ideas. :shock:
goji89 wrote:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Approved! But I’m with JAG, probably this kaiju can’t have emerged yet if she’s been seen. However, if you don’t feel like writing an emergement post, feel free to retcon that she emerged without being spotted.

In other news, I’m imposing a provisional ban on new players joining. Things are just too crazy right now. Potentially in the future, if some plot lines condense or kaiju are killed off, we’ll open it up again. Existing players can still create new kaiju if they want.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

A very unique kaiju! And interesting that she spends at least part of the time as more of an animal than a person, behaviorally.

New York is suddenly about to steal the midwest's spotlight as frightened kaiju-central.of the USA. Did I mention that the Strategy Room is also a shielded bunker so.that things can carry on even if NYC is in the middle of being torn apart by a kaiju brawl? ;)
Last edited by Zarm on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Thank you to you all!

I don't have a problem writing up the emergence post, I already had ideas in min while writing up Ceokiri.