Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I don’t want to make promises and then not keep them, but I’ll get mine up as soon as possible. Been busy lately and also had a spat of writer’s block.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Zarm wrote:I got scenes written, ready and waiting. Just waiting on the U.N. and the island... and that includes Mike Robbins, mister! ;)
Yeah, I've probably put that scene off long enough. Will get it finished somewhere in the next few days. Arugas might wait until after the next time time skip, assuming the Ghagon invasion will still be in full swing then. He'll have a decent distance to travel from Germany, and more importantly, we frankly have enough going on right now. :lol:

Also, Kroaken is ready for the scheduled clash whenever Fennikusu is, Canuck.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

JAGzilla wrote:
Zarm wrote:I got scenes written, ready and waiting. Just waiting on the U.N. and the island... and that includes Mike Robbins, mister! ;)
Yeah, I've probably put that scene off long enough. Will get it finished somewhere in the next few days. Arugas might wait until after the next time time skip, assuming the Ghagon invasion will still be in full swing then. He'll have a decent distance to travel from Germany, and more importantly, we frankly have enough going on right now. :lol:

Also, Kroaken is ready for the scheduled clash whenever Fennikusu is, Canuck.
Fennikusu will be coming in hot starting with my next post. ;)

As for the Ghagon, whenever works for you. They'll just go about their business pillagin' and murderin' in the meantime. FYI the English Channel swarm will have split into two groups, one going to England and the other into continental Europe (many will be engaging the Spider Colony in Paris), so the latter may be closer for Arugas. But, it's totally up to you.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Name: Suigam

Height: 260 Feet (When standing) 40 feet (Defense Mode)

Physical description: Suigam's body seems to be made out of a sticky, black and hot substance. Coming out of the slime are 12 thin, barbed legs that are made out of an titanium. It's legs are completely resistant to the black substance. It's head is a large skull of a parrot. There are no eyes within the sockets, instead leaking the black slime to give it the appearance to be crying.

Emergence: During a sinkhole disaster in India, a village called "Suigam" was sucked into the gigantic hole and was quickly destroyed. After about an hour, people have been reported being saved and being brought back to the surface by a new creature. Shortly after, Suigam rose from the sink hole and began heading northwest.

Personality: Suigam is very intelligent being, knowing when it can win a fight or not. He tends to create traps for other monsters when in trouble. Suigam is very interested in life, both human and animals. He often tends to go to cities for metal. Suigam collects metal and stores it into his gooey body, which later makes more slime.

Powers/Abilities: SLIME SHOT- If in a losing fight, he will attempt to shoot some of it's body slime out of the eye sockets to blind the enemy. It's
goo is equivalent as hot glue, sticking to kaiju quickly and burning their skin.

FLEXIABLITY- Since he has no bones in it's legs, they can move in any direction. It can easily dodge ranged attacks if they are far enough.

WHIPLASH- In close combat, Suigam can quickly swing it's barbed legs around in an attempt to rip off flesh from another kaiju.

REGENERATION- If it's legs are torn from the body, the legs will regrow within 3 minutes, at the cost of losing slime from it's body.

DEFENSE MODE- When close to death, it will tuck his head into his body and his legs will wrap around his body to protect himself. No part of it's body is exposed to air when in this form and looks like a spiky ball.

Weaknesses: FIRE ATTACKS- If fire is exposed to the body, He will catch aflame and will need water to put it out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ya'll! Is there room for one more? :?:
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ There's an unconventional kaiju. Cool. Question, though: what happens if he runs out of slime?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Same thing that happens if Kavaru runs out of clay. It's infinite. ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

MinorBone Good wrote:Name: Suigam

Height: 260 Feet (When standing) 40 feet (Defense Mode)

Physical description: Suigam's body seems to be made out of a sticky, black and hot substance. Coming out of the slime are 12 thin, barbed legs that are made out of an titanium. It's legs are completely resistant to the black substance. It's head is a large skull of a parrot. There are no eyes within the sockets, instead leaking the black slime to give it the appearance to be crying.

Emergence: During a sinkhole disaster in India, a village called "Suigam" was sucked into the gigantic hole and was quickly destroyed. After about an hour, people have been reported being saved and being brought back to the surface by a new creature. Shortly after, Suigam rose from the sink hole and began heading northwest.

Personality: Suigam is very intelligent being, knowing when it can win a fight or not. He tends to create traps for other monsters when in trouble. Suigam is very interested in life, both human and animals. He often tends to go to cities for metal. Suigam collects metal and stores it into his gooey body, which later makes more slime.

Powers/Abilities: SLIME SHOT- If in a losing fight, he will attempt to shoot some of it's body slime out of the eye sockets to blind the enemy. It's
goo is equivalent as hot glue, sticking to kaiju quickly and burning their skin.

FLEXIABLITY- Since he has no bones in it's legs, they can move in any direction. It can easily dodge ranged attacks if they are far enough.

WHIPLASH- In close combat, Suigam can quickly swing it's barbed legs around in an attempt to rip off flesh from another kaiju.

REGENERATION- If it's legs are torn from the body, the legs will regrow within 3 minutes, at the cost of losing slime from it's body.

DEFENSE MODE- When close to death, it will tuck his head into his body and his legs will wrap around his body to protect himself. No part of it's body is exposed to air when in this form and looks like a spiky ball.

Weaknesses: FIRE ATTACKS- If fire is exposed to the body, He will catch aflame and will need water to put it out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ya'll! Is there room for one more? :?:
Very cool kaiju dude, welcome aboard! Just gotta ask a standard question for every new player, have you read up on the game? Ie: rules, story, game-world, other player characters/kaiju, etc.?

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

JAGzilla wrote:^ There's an unconventional kaiju. Cool. Question, though: what happens if he runs out of slime?
I was thinking if he does happen to lose all of it's slime, then all that'll be left is the skull and legs and dies... unless if left over slime was still being fed metal and brought back to the skull, it could slowly come back to life.

As of right now I know the rules and what the game world is like! Just gotta find out some other kaiju and finish the story. Thanks for the warm welcome! :huge:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

MinorBone Good wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:^ There's an unconventional kaiju. Cool. Question, though: what happens if he runs out of slime?
I was thinking if he does happen to lose all of it's slime, then all that'll be left is the skull and legs and dies... unless if left over slime was still being fed metal and brought back to the skull, it could slowly come back to life.

As of right now I know the rules and what the game world is like! Just gotta find out some other kaiju and finish the story. Thanks for the warm welcome! :huge:
No problem man! I know there’s a ton of story posts already, just make sure you get a good gist of what is happening. I’m happy to answer any questions you have, and all the other players are pretty cool dudes too so I’m sure everyone is happy to help. If we all have fun, we all win!

... man I’m starting to sound like my old pee wee soccer coach... :lol:

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Thanks! I'll notify you when I finish up the story!

Suigam fact: When I was just combining names to see what would sound good, soon settling on Suigam. Out of curiosity, I looked up Suigam on Google to see what would turn up, and I find out that the name is also used for a village in India! Guess I got lucky and killed two birds with one stone! :lol:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Man, things suck for India in this universe. :)

Great post, JAGzilla! Once we're caught up with the final Marianas group, it will be time to find out whether Ragnarok succeeds or fails in its quest...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Thanks!

I decided to go ahead and type up Arugas' introductory post. For timeline clarity, this scene takes place over the course of a few hours, from the time Carnaris and Ryumen sensed one another, to somewhere into the twelve hours we're going to skip. He'll arrive somewhere in the Ghagon warzone after that timeskip is done.

Also, I think that concludes all of the story posts I need to make in order to catch up; anything else I write in this chapter will be in response to what you guys do.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I liked that one, too! That's probably the most personality that we've out of any kaiju, and I definitely dig it.

Maranatha!

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Alright! I'm all caught up now!

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Name: Kuma

Height: Maximum: 164 Feet||Baby: 22 Feet

Physical description: Kuma is a giant, sharp, white, crystalline rabbit. If one were to touch Kuma's skin, it would feel exactly like ice. Kuma's body gives off a slight, white glow when underground. When above ground, the glow is reduced a tiny bit. Her face is almost entirely featureless, with the exception of the eyes. Her eyes, like the rest of the body, is crystal like. However, it is pitch black, making it seem like it's sucking in light. On the back of her body, the tips of her back are colored in a slight rainbow. Deep within Kuma's body, a red glow, which constantly shift between and soft.

Emergence (where/ how they emerged): During a sinkhole disaster in India, Kuma was fighting another kaiju (soon to be named Suigam) in an underground tunnel. Although nearly beating Suigam, Her heart crystal was torn from her body and destroyed. However, a lowlife robber stole a
small part of red crystal, along with some scattered crystals. After the man was saved by Suigam, he traveled to a hotel further up the town. Unbeknownst to him, Kuma was slowly regenerating it's crystals again in the night when he was asleep. Now in it's baby size, She circles around the hotel, sensing who bought her back.

Personality: A fighter. That is what she wants to be. Though her weaknesses should be enough to tell her she can't, she's determined to fight and be victorious. She is always looking for a new fight. She is also hyperactive, never being able to sit still. This combined with her love for fighting, makes her a hit and run type of kaiju.

Powers/Abilities: ILLUMINATION: Under the sun, she has the power to increase the glow from her body, making enemy's blinded for a short while.

REFLECTION: If a kaiju uses a beam attack on her, Kuma's body absorbs the beam and reflects it right back at the opponent.

AGILITY: Like a normal rabbit, she is quick on her feet, using quick hops to avoid trouble. Using her back legs, she is able to leap up into the air and come crashing down upon opponents.

BURROWING: If on her last legs, she will burrow in an attempt to escape. She can also use this for stealth to surprise other kaiju.

REGENERATION: While in the sun, she regains all the crystals she had lost within seconds. She can regrow a limb in about 30 seconds.

Weaknesses: FRAGILITY: Due to her crystals not being the strongest, she is very weak. One can easily get into chest and rip out the heart if they hit hard enough.

NIGHT: Since some of her powers can only be used during the day, It is very difficult for her to survive during the night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was looking through my sketches of monsters that I drew in notebooks and came across Kuma! Thought she could make for an interesting kaiju! :D

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ And then our game had a BUNNY. This has improved my day. I like that she subverts the expectation by randomly being an aggressive fighter, too. Why not? :lol: I imagine she and Arugas probably get along well, maybe meeting up to spar with each other from time to time.

Also, our kaiju menagerie is really getting impressive, here. We have around thirty big, distinct kaiju active/soon to be active right now, to say nothing of the thousands of Ghagon, spiders, ants, and (upcoming) Plaguebringers running around. The early years of the original Emergence period must've been a crazy time, given how many kaiju must have died over the course of that millennium. There might've been a full-on ecosystem of the things, with probably north of a hundred 'species', many with multiple members. We know there were at least a few Dracochelys turtles, for example, and some of the Kroaken's offspring must have reached maturity from time to time.

This raises the question of how no obvious evidence of their presence survived to the present day. I mean, we have literal mountains worth of dinosaur remains and footprints, and they were both far smaller, more fragile, and more ancient than the kaiju. We can safely assume that scavengers existed among the kaiju, and would've disposed of most bodies, but all of them? And why isn't the landscape still covered with their tracks and assorted other evidence?

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

JAGzilla wrote:^ And then our game had a BUNNY. This has improved my day. I like that she subverts the expectation by randomly being an aggressive fighter, too. Why not? :lol: I imagine she and Arugas probably get along well, maybe meeting up to spar with each other from time to time.

Also, our kaiju menagerie is really getting impressive, here. We have around thirty big, distinct kaiju active/soon to be active right now, to say nothing of the thousands of Ghagon, spiders, ants, and (upcoming) Plaguebringers running around. The early years of the original Emergence period must've been a crazy time, given how many kaiju must have died over the course of that millennium. There might've been a full-on ecosystem of the things, with probably north of a hundred 'species', many with multiple members. We know there were at least a few Dracochelys turtles, for example, and some of the Kroaken's offspring must have reached maturity from time to time.

This raises the question of how no obvious evidence of their presence survived to the present day. I mean, we have literal mountains worth of dinosaur remains and footprints, and they were both far smaller, more fragile, and more ancient than the kaiju. We can safely assume that scavengers existed among the kaiju, and would've disposed of most bodies, but all of them? And why isn't the landscape still covered with their tracks and assorted other evidence?
:twisted:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

That's what I figured. :lol:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Kaiju approved, MinorBone! Jump in whenever you want.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Prepare yourselves...

goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587