BotM: New Beginnings Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: BotM: New Beginnings Hub

Post by Godzilla165 »

A rather unique take on Kiryu. He sounds like he's got some depth to him. Accepted :).

#BotM

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

Godzilla165 wrote:A rather unique take on Kiryu. He sounds like he's got some depth to him. Accepted :).
Thanks! I think I'll add much, MUCH more depth to him in the actual story. I won't just turn Kiryu into something to fuel the action.

not saying he won't have any battling at all ;)
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ Awesome :). Also, and I don't know why I didn't state this previously, if any of your characters have specific weapons with specific names, don't hesitate to showcase them. We don't necessarily have to go completely by the bio format in the OP.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Hmm... I may put variations on a theme, so to speak. Just give me more time. I'll have some bios up soon. ;)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Alright, so after taking another look at the other characters, I'm thinking wendigo may not be enough... i'll see if I can beef him up but if not I might have to make a different one.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

It's the ninjas, isn't it :P?
Missingno. wrote:Hmm... I may put variations on a theme, so to speak. Just give me more time. I'll have some bios up soon. ;)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Take your time, mate. Looking forward to it ;).

#BotM

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Name: Oscar Horbitor, The Boss, Lord of the Zeus Syndicate
Height: 186 cm
Weight: 95 kg (200 lb)
Species: Human

Appearance: A big, bald dude with a seemingly permanent shit-eating grin on his face, with an air of smugness concealing a hawklike fierceness in his eyes. Oscar is typically dressed in a white suit and a leopard-patterned scarf, with a plethora of rings and jewelry across his person to show off his wealth.

Powers/Abilities: Oscar is not careless enough to not go around carrying a blaster rifle and a few hidden weapons across his person, and has been in his fair share of scuffles, but he is otherwise not an exceptional fighter. As the leader of a crime syndicate spanning an entire galaxy, he basically has other people to do that for him. But while he can't dish out, he can certainly take- his suit is made of advanced nanofibres which can allow him to shrug off even a shot from a rocket launcher. Perhaps more importantly, he typically equips a skintight forcefield of similar durability.

Weapons and Items: Besides the aforementioned nanofibre suit, rifle and hidden knives, Oscar himself does not typically carry much in the way of exceptional weaponry. Not that it really matters to him, as he stands in charge of one of the most powerful forces of his universe, the Zeus Syndicate. He has military spanning billions at his command, countless battleships, enough weaponry to glass several star systems and an utterly stupendous amount of wealth. He owns no less than a dozen star systems and has political power perhaps surpassing any ruler or politician in his galaxy.

Personality: He's...not a good person. One does not rise to become the most powerful crime lord in history by being some paragon of virtue. Oscar is ruthless, cruel and capable of incredible atrocities without batting an eyelid. After glassing your dozenth planet, you stop caring about the 'value of human life' or any of that moralising crap. A man of this power if obviously also a man of tremendous greed and pride, yet obviously to have lived this long Oscar is also one of cunning and caution. In spite of being basically an utter bastard, Zeus' leader has a certain honor to him, values and principles he sticks by. After all, one does need some element people can trust in if one is to lead an organisation.

Oscar thinks little of supernatural forces, believing this the age of Man and the desires that rule them. Man has evolved this far, surpassing angels, demons, planet-eating monsters, whatever. Of course, if harnessing these forces, he views them as a valuable resource, but he has little respect for them besides that.

Backstory( if you want): Oscar was born on a 'planetary dump' on the Stillex system, which, as the title would suggest was basically a giant dumping ground. There were a few small settlements in that particular dump, and Oscar was born in one of those 'thrash towns'. He grew up watching starships dropping their refuse across his 'homeworld' before departing into deep space. As a child, he sought to escape this dump, see what civilisation and life was really like beyond. His father was a man of little such ambition, happy to live off the crap that made up the landscape. Disgusted by his laziness, Oscar left his home at the age of 15, where he began making plans to create something of this dump. Gathering men with him, he began civilising the dumping ground and started an economy there. Turns out a planet covered with the garbage of several planets contained plenty of value, and soon Oscar found himself leading a growing, if unrecognised, economy, primarily servicing those from the underworld. While the government of the Stillex system initially ignored the fact that one of their dumps was being turned into an independent nation, eventually the fact that it became a haven for crime syndicates made its existence too much of an eyesore, and they initiated a crackdown.

Oscar's spies managed to give him information to preempt the assault. Quickly managing to form alliances with several young syndicates, he gathered a sizeable force to defend the dump from the Galactic Military's onslaught. Through his cunning, leadership, and substantial use of information and bribes, Horbitor managed to defeat the fleet that challenged his home, and subsequently led a series of heists that allowed them to make off with several battleships from the Stillex military. Horbitor's name and reputation grew in the underworld, and he found himself gaining more power and influence, and the Stillex senate, in the midst of political turmoil was unable to stop the growth of Oscar's syndicate, which he soon gave a name- Zeus. Eventually, Oscar had acquired enough starships to expand to other star systems.

At the age of 40, the galaxy came under attack from an ancient creature, the 'carnivorous galaxy', a bizzare entity that was effectively a galaxy that existed only to consume others. Several systems were soon destroyed, and it rapidly approached Horbitor's territory- where it met ferocious resistance it had found nowhere else, with the Zeus syndicate being able to respond faster than any planetary government. While its defeat was a galactic effort, it was primarily Oscar's leadership and might that drove it off, and this effectively cemented his power and status in the galaxy. At this point, most systems acknowledge it is not possible to topple the Zeus' syndicate and are forced to coexist with it.
Last edited by Primevalgodzilla V2 on Fri May 05, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Wow. Accepted man :).

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

I'll have to do some thinking on this one... Not many characters I have that could stand a chance. And the official ones I do know are kind of limited to me, with one being too powerful methinks...

Also, a test to see if it was just what I was trying to post.

Edit: Okaaaaayyyy... That is weird... Next edit will contain what I was trying to say, unless that skreonks too...

Edit 2: Must be something in that post...

Edit 3: Since I can't seem to edit the contents of that post in a way that would allow me to post it, though I can edit and post anything else after removing the body of text, I'll mention here what I had intended to say originally.

The one character who I think is too powerful, that I feel confident enough to use is Superman. And that's because Superman. I'm not sure how I'd use my fan Digimon either... I do have some Dragon Ball characters I could use... Along with my kaiju and Draborgman. Maybe, maybe a power ranger or two... Maybe even a Kamen Rider... And then of course, X and Zero from Mega Man X fame, but even they're a bit under-prepared for this whole thing from what I can tell. Like I said, I'll have to think on this...
Last edited by Dr. Carter on Fri May 05, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Okay, so I have decided to retract wendigo and save him for either an original series OR if there ends up being a "the defenders" style spinoff for BotM. But I think the character I have coming up will be sufficient.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Okay, so I have decided to retract wendigo and save him for either an original series OR if there ends up being a "the defenders" style spinoff for BotM. But I think the character I have coming up will be sufficient.
Not a problem ;).

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Carter, have you seen 165's characters? Superman isn't going to be overpowered here, trust me. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Those ninjas, right :P?

#BotM

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Alright, lets beef it up. I may have gone overboard, but I like the concept too much to abandon it. I also put way too much calculator work in to abandon it.
Spoiler:
Name: Goldilocks

Aliases: Loch, Parto Terres, Mother Nature, Father Earth.

Height: 2,645 Miles at the back, not counting foliage.

Length: 5938.5 miles

Weight: 2.98600 × 1024 KG

Appearance: Unless you are thousands of miles away, it's hard to tell what Loch looks like; however, you can get a pretty good idea by looking under a microscope.

Loch is a gargantuan tardigrade, or waterbear(Think This without all of the dirt, string, ETC.). His skin is a deep brown, like soil. On his back rests what is basically the surface of a planet, with various climates and such. The soil, crust, and magma that makes up his great planet armor are deep enough to dig for miles. The foliage on his back is much larger than on earth, with his equivalent of the redwood tree being able to scrape the clouds; and yes, he does have his own atmosphere and clouds.

Loch has the ability to roll into a ball, and when he does, he looks just like a seamless planet slightly smaller than earth. he tends to hibernate like this.

Personality: You would never guess it by his majestic, slow, peaceful movements but Loch is actually one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse; the problem is he just doesn't care enough to fight for anything. He is like a planet sized tom bombadil. When not hibernating, he just wanders around the multiverse, eating stars (which, for a single star, can take weeks). He is too lazy to actually do anything with his power. He lives by the philosophy that life should be enjoyed and is willing to share sloth and happiness with any conscious thing that desires it. Any being that steps on his soil is welcome; Any organism that stands against his values, however, will be swiftly removed from his lands.

Also, his memory is awful. Just... Abysmal.

Powers/Abilities:

Solar Manipulation: Loch eats stars and absorbs their energy. If needed, he can manipulate this energy in any form he needs. This usually takes the form of a faux sun to support photosynthesis, but it can be used for anything, including weapons.

Ecosystem: A complex ecosystem of plants, animals, ETC. lives on Loch.

Omnipotence: Loch is constantly aware of anything that happens on him.

Gravitation Control: Loch can change the gravity on any part of his body.

Proxies/telepathy: Loch can use psychic abilities to take over any organism native to his soil, and uses them to communicate with travelers.

Dimensional Travel: Loch can traverse the multiverse without portals. He simply needs to frolick to what he calls "the edge" of the universe, and leap to a new dimension.

Durability: Loch is far more durable than regular planets. Comets on the KT scale simply bounce off of him. Gods have tried to kill him, but they simply floated away after a gravity switch.

Gift of Tongues: Any creature that hears Loch's voice understands it.

Backstory: Loch was one of the first beings created, made around the same time as the multiverse. Somehow, he does not remember his creator, or anything from longer ago than around ten billion years. Because of that, his story is hard to trace.

He got his name long ago when an astronaut landed on his soil. The astronaut was met by a large amphibian, who introduced himself as the planet; the spaceman scoffed, until the amphibian asked if he had a view of it somewhere else. The astronaut had actually launched from a satellite orbiting the planet, and checked the satellite view. He was met by a simultaneous wave from what he at first didn't realize was the planet and the amphibian.

The astronaut asked the planets name, to which it was the planet said it had none. The astronaut said they called the planet "Goldilocks," And recalled the famous story. They said the planet was 'just right' to support life. The planet laughed and took the name as his own.

The astronaut had to leave about ten years later, but he left his mark as a shed in the forests of Goldilocks. Loch treasures it to this day, even though the event was trillions of years ago.

Hope he works!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

He seems like a grand master/elder god type of character. Accepted.

#BotM

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Godzilla165 wrote:He seems like a grand master/elder god type of character. Accepted.
Nah, he's too chill to be an elder god. :P

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Okay, that's really different and cool. Loch should be interesting to interact with, whatever he ends up doing.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

JAGzilla wrote:Okay, that's really different and cool. Loch should be interesting to interact with, whatever he ends up doing.
Thanks! I just love how tardigrades are basically invincible and adorable so I knew I had to do something with them.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Yeah. Loch is very unique and just sounds as though he'll be an entertaining character to interact with.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

JAGzilla wrote:Carter, have you seen 165's characters? Superman isn't going to be overpowered here, trust me. :lol:
Superman would be, from what I've seen so far of just Dante, right amongst them in power. Given he has enough strength to move planets, shatter planets, hold a black hole in his hand, escape from a black hole with just his speed, even a double black hole, and is fast enough to ONLY just lose a race with the Flash by only the narrowist of margins. He'd be like, "You're all so strong, and fast, despite being able to be harmed by bullets. I'm, rather impressed." And mind you, we're just talking about Superman's strength and speed here. We haven't even mentioned his ability to warp and rip holes into the fabric of reality with the force of his punches, or reset and realign it with the power of love. (It actually has happened recently in DC Rebirth when he, his wife Lois, and their son shifted the history of the New 52 verse so that the Pre-New 52 Superman became the same one as the new 52 Superman, and aligned both histories to practically merge him and his wife with their New 52 counterparts all just from the love they have for eachother. A feat Doctor Manhattan didn't even think Superman was capable of. Yes, THAT Doctor Manhattan, The Watchmen's Superman.) To put it bluntly, Superman is crazy overpowered, and if Dante is anything to go by, he'll feel like he's among equals.

I'm also surprised no one has thought about using Saitama, the only Japanese super hero I can think of that can match Superman due to being a parody of the super hero genra...

Edit: Superman does have one incredibly devastating ability, despite how small of a level it works on. His heat vision is able to give you a lobotomy without you even knowing it. This is the post Crisis on Infinite Earths/Pre New 52 Superman too, that can do it. So unless one of the Ninja who goes after him is aware of this, should he/she push Superman that far, he'll invisibly lobotomize them, and lock away their powers. I told you he's crazy overpowered... Little wonder I thought including Superman is a bad idea, because Superman.

Edit 2: Also, should mention that I'm just looking at the modern incarnation of Superman. Considering that Pre-Crisis Superman was able to destroy entire solar systems with just a sneeze and create new powers on the fly, probably a good idea.