BotM: New Beginnings Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Re: BotM: New Beginnings Hub

Post by Dr. Carter »

Superman might be able to resist that deception, given his mental training from Martian Manhunter and his two Torquasm martial arts training since the last time he was mind controlled, and the fact he's got super intelligence and an eidetic memory. But if he does get deceived, boy howdy... The chaos that could ensue from that...

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Singing Thistles works on the reverse of that logic- the more developed the mind, the more effective it is. It isn't really mind control- he can tell different people the same thing and how they react is still entirely up to them depending on their personalities and situation.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Edited my post at the top of page 3, so let me know if he is accepted (though I may add a couple of other characters in a upcoming post ;) ).
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Accepted mate.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:Singing Thistles works on the reverse of that logic- the more developed the mind, the more effective it is. It isn't really mind control- he can tell different people the same thing and how they react is still entirely up to them depending on their personalities and situation.
Still sounds like a form of mind control to me, since it seems to involve altering a person's thought processes. After all, a person can believe even their own lies if they repeat them often enough, changing their thought processes in the, well, process. I'll have to see this ability in action though, as I'm not convinced it's not mind control/mind alteration.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Dr. Carter wrote:
Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:Singing Thistles works on the reverse of that logic- the more developed the mind, the more effective it is. It isn't really mind control- he can tell different people the same thing and how they react is still entirely up to them depending on their personalities and situation.
Still sounds like a form of mind control to me, since it seems to involve altering a person's thought processes. After all, a person can believe even their own lies if they repeat them often enough, changing their thought processes in the, well, process. I'll have to see this ability in action though, as I'm not convinced it's not mind control/mind alteration.
Mind control is directly accessing someones mind. Singing thistles seems like the imp is just a genuinely convincing dude.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Dr. Carter wrote:
It is more a charisma than anything else, mind control is alot more powerful. Coppolius ego is so powerful he can one-up anyone in such a contest, problem is it is literally his only power.

Thing 'bout mental abilities, they either don't work on highly developed minds (your typical mind control ability) or they don't on those too stupid too comprehend (Singing Thistles). If they don't work on both then the ability only works on average schmoes which, given everyone here is a highly trained strong-willed badass or a kaiju like force of nature, is basically no one here. And intelligent people can counter such an ability with creativity rather than just 'heroic willpower', that's what dumb animals do because the ability to innovate.

Granted, I'm now realising his ability to just tell people to kill themselves ("You should jump off a building") so I'm preventing him from giving people direct commands 'cause that'd be boring.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Ok, I think I'm beginning to understand this now. I'll have to see it in action fully though, to get a complete understanding. Also, yeah, that was something that concerned me, since it seemed possible he could give people direct commands. I do have to wonder though, since if he were to say, convince Superman or Sonic the Hedgehog that they were normal beings incapable of doing what they had been able to previously, and no one else could convince them otherwise, nor how much logic and evidence said otherwise, if there is a time limit to it? Or if it would take something extreme, like exposure to Kryptonite for the former, or a crippling blow to the head for the latter, to get them to snap out of it?

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Dr. Carter wrote:Ok, I think I'm beginning to understand this now. I'll have to see it in action fully though, to get a complete understanding. Also, yeah, that was something that concerned me, since it seemed possible he could give people direct commands. I do have to wonder though, since if he were to say, convince Superman or Sonic the Hedgehog that they were normal beings incapable of doing what they had been able to previously, and no one else could convince them otherwise, nor how much logic and evidence said otherwise, if there is a time limit to it? Or if it would take something extreme, like exposure to Kryptonite for the former, or a crippling blow to the head for the latter, to get them to snap out of it?
There are actually a number of ways to counter it , though yeah amnesia you ever spoke to him is one.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

So if everyone else is okay with it, I'll be releasing the official thread sometime this week. Obviously feel free to post anymore characters that you guys may have ;).

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Looks like the Gremlin has struck again. I kept trying to post my bio for Sonic the Hedgehog, but the board keeps preventing me from doing it. I've sent the bio to G165, but I'm going to try and do so here again... So if you guys see any strange or incomplete seeming posts, just know that I'm trying to figure out what the hell the gremlin is blocking... Please, bear with me. I will bear with you guys if the gremlin decides to skreeonk with you too.

----------------------------------------

Edit: Now, before anyone says anything, this is JUST for posterity. Consider it like if I had actually managed to post it, gremlin be damned.

Name: Sonic the Hegdehog
Height: 3’3”
Weight: 77 lbs
Appearance: https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/so ... 0826150821
Powers/Abilities:
Super Speed: Sonic is titled the fastest thing alive for a reason. In his universe, there is no living thing able to move as fast as he can. His regular cruising speed is mach 1, though he can go well above that, and with enough effort, he can actually break the light barrier. It’s possible he could go much faster, but the evidence is scant, and while he boasts that light speed is the slow lane for him, it’s hard to say if that is the case. At any rate, the fact he can exceed the speed of light says that he’s the fastest thing alive, even the Flash would find him a challenge to outrace. Needless to say, he can use his incredible speed to fight and create numerous attacks. He can also run backwards as fast as he can run forwards. He’s also able to channel wind and air into his attacks, almost replicating aerokinesis. In addition, he has reflexes to match his incredible speeds, and is able to think at least this fast, be it when running, or the rare times he’s standing still.

Durability: Sonic has been shown to be quite the durable hedgehog, having been smashed through objects, and even crushed between a robot’s hand and a wall. His durability is actually quite a bit higher than normal beings, as he has even endured being blasted by Eggman’s robots when caught in the cross fire, and emerged mostly unscathed. He’s also survived falls from great heights, in fact, he’s fallen through the atmosphere of Earth, and just shrugged it off after landing if he was unable to land on his feet. Otherwise, he can land on his feet fine from that height.

Improved healing: What can hamr Sonic, usually doesn’t leave him hurt for long as he can shrug off most hits, keep going, and even heal himself by vibrating the molecules in his body. He can also throw off illness very quickly, to the point that one wonders how he can get sick in the first place.

Kinetic Energy Manipulation: Sonic is able to use the kinetic forces to attack with his speed, be it spinning right into opponents, delivering a punch to them, or using his powerful legs to clobber an opponent. He can burrow right through virtually any object, and has done so through entire mountains and walls made of solid steel.

Momentum Transfer: Sonic is able to transfer his speed to any part of his body, and thus can move at top speed instantly when needed. An example of this is the ability to dodge bullets and energy blasts, and then return to his original position and look like he hadn’t budged at all. He can also use this to enhance the force of his punches and kicks, which are already considerably strong as it is.

Strength: While there are others who have greater arm strength than Sonic, he’s still pretty strong, being able to rip a robot apart with his bare hands, and also push a robot many times his own size back with his arms. Sonic can also jump incredibly well, being able to launch himself hundreds of meters into the air with enough momentum gained. And from a standing start, he can also jump more than five times his own height.

Acrobatics: Sonic is incredibly agile and nimble, and can perform many aerial tricks thanks to his speed while flying through the air from a jump via a launch pad ramp. He’s also incredibly well balanced as he can grind on rails with just his sneakers.

Energy Manipulation: Sonic has shown in his various moves to be able to generate energy in his attacks, like with the Sonic Wind maneuver, there were energy blades in the bottom of the vortex he created. He can also create a field of energy for a brief time that can send robots and enemies he runs into flying away while running at high speed. This will tire him a little bit though.

Chaos Control: When in possession of a Chaos Emerald, Sonic is capable of warping reality and slowing time to a stand still. When using an Emerald in conjunction with another person performing the same technique, he can open up portals through time. And when using all seven, he can move tremendously large objects, though he may need help depending on some of them.

Reaction Time and Energy Sensing: Sonic’s quills are incredibly sensitive, despite their soft look, yet incredible durability. They help allow him to react to things, even when something is behind him, giving him a near precognitive ability to react to it. They can also allow him to sense energy waves, and even zero in on the source.

Combat Skill: Over the years, Sonic has become a proficient fighter from all the adventures and battles he’s been in. His preferred combat style is one inspired by break dance as a number of his kicking attacks involve moving around a break dance style movement. This makes him hard to predict what he’s going to do next.

Transformation to Super Sonic: When he has all seven Chaos Emeralds, Sonic can turn into Super Sonic where his speed and power increase many times of their normal levels. He also becomes truly invulnerable, and can fly in this form. He can also imbue others with the power of the Chaos Emeralds and turn them super if they have a super form. His fur turns yellow, his quills stand up, and his eyes turn ruby colored. The form burns through a lot of energy though, and is reliant on the amount of rings he has to stay active.

Indomitable Will: Sonic never gives up, no matter how hopeless the situation may appear, no matter how out classed he may be, he’ll never give up. He keeps on running and will fight to the bitter end.

Increasing Power: Sonic may actually be growing in strength over time, or it could be that he simply holds back to give his opponents a fair chance. What is clear though, is that he has become stronger over time, to the point where opponents in his past where he needed to transform or needed help to take down, he’s been able to take out without that. For instance, when he originally faced off with Perfect Chaos, he had to transform into Super Sonic to take him down. But in the rematch years later, he was in his base form and defeated to god of destruction with relative ease. Another example of this is when he first faced the Egg Emperor Mecha, he needed help from both his best friend Tails, and his best frienemy Knuckles, to take the Eggman machine down. But again, in the rematch years later, he was able to defeat it on his own. Truly, Sonic the Hedgehog is becoming more powerful. (If you ask me though, it’s because of his constant exposure to Chaos Energy over the years. Which as a result, makes his super form even stronger, the stronger he becomes.)

Spinball Jump: Sonic curls up into a whirling ball of death that then can crack open robots with ease, or split skulls. All while in the middle of jumping.

Spindash: Sonic can curl up, rev in place, and then release at top speed to more easily break down barriers, or mow enemies.

Homing Attack: Sonic can accurately target an opponent with this technique while in the air, going from where he was, to his opponent’s location in less than a second even if said target is 30 feet or more away. When not used as an attack, it’s called the Air Dash and allows Sonic to pick up speed while jumping through the air.

Insta Shield: Sonic is able to use static electrical force to create a brief one second shield around himself while performing the Spinball Jump. This attack grants Sonic one second of complete invulnerability. However; this attack can only be done once during a spinball jump.

Super Peel Out: When standing still, Sonic can rev his legs up, turning them into a figure eight style blurr. When he releases it, he can dash forward at near full speed, even becoming invincible for a brief second.

Bounce: Sonic can in mid air, come to a complete stop, and slam into the ground, and then bounce back up in Spinball form. It used to be that he needed an item or power-up to do this, but he has learned how to do this on his own.

Pound Stomp: Similar to the bounce attack, but Sonic instead slams both of his feet into the ground, and he doesn’t bounce back up. Useful for things where bouncing simply isn’t a good idea. As before, he used to need an item to do this, but has since learned how to do it on his own.

Weaknesses:
Inability to swim: Sonic lacks the ability to swim for some odd reason. It could be due to his body shape, and his weight, or it could be due to having aquaphobia, where he believes he can’t get out of water once he falls in. At any rate, he can’t swim.

Narcissism and Ego: Sonic is very narcissistic, and quite arrogant and overconfident. This is due to the fact he almost always wins his fights, and sometimes boasts of these accomplishments. Due to this, he can often wind up not fighting to his full potential due to his overconfidence.

Impatience: Sonic has very little patience due to his always moving around. This has resulted in him getting into danger now and again, but he’s usually able to get out of it with his quick thinking.

Dislike of Confined Areas: Sonic loves freedom and wide open spaces, and hates being cooped up in confined areas. When he is, he winds up getting stir-crazy, and very bored. If you put him on a cruise ship, or something of the like, expect to see maniacle and stir-crazy behavior to show up in him. To say the least, it ain’t pretty.

Weapons and Items: Sonic doesn’t really have much in the way of items, since he can usually get along well without them. Same goes for weapons, especially fire arms, as he said he wouldn’t be caught dead with one. None the less, Sonic has some items he uses from time to time…

Rings: Sonic usually tends to keep a few on hand, or search them out as they can be quite handy. So long as he has at least one in his possession, he can survive a blow that might otherwise kill him. They also have a tendency to pop up in places you might not expect them to, so he always keeps an eye out for them when adventuring.

Personality: Sonic is a lover of adventure, always moving around. He hates standing still, and hates being cooped up in small spaces. He also has a strong sense of justice, and hates seeing people suffer, be in pain, cry, or simply be oppressed. As such, he will help people whenever and where ever he can. He also hates evil in all of its forms, and gets angry when it does show up. He simply won’t stand for it. Otherwise, Sonic just loves freedom, moves like the wind, going where ever he pleases. He does have an arrogant and cocky attitude though, and can be very rude. Though he’s quite polite to those he considers his friends, and he doesn’t really look at his enemies as if they are enemies, more like people to which he can test himself, and have fun with. To the extent he’s also highly forgiving, and will trust a person who has realized the error of his ways. He also trash talks his opponents when fighting them, but if he gets angry, watch out. He becomes very focused and determined. To put it this way, it’s like Spider-Man, the second he shuts up, is the second you’ve done gone and skreeonked up.

Backstory: Sonic was born on Christmas Island, and often visited South Island, considering both islands to be his home. He always enjoyed the chill and relaxed lifestyle, but his real passion in life was adventure, seeing what the world had to offer. He always moved on ahead, never looking back at his past. Then one day, while visiting South Island, he found his animal friends were replaced with vicious robots. Upon destroying one of them, he found out that an animal was trapped inside, powering the machine. Whoever had done this, they were going to pay. He eventually found the man who was responsible when he saw a round man putting a distressed animal into one of the robots. Panicking, the man got into a machine, and attempted to flatten Sonic with a checkered wrecking ball. But Sonic proved much too fast, and damaged the machine, causing the wrecking ball to become detached. The man flew off in his machine, vowing that he, Dr. Ivo Robotnik, would get his revenge. Sonic smirked, he finally got the adventure he craved, and gave chase to the “Eggman,” and battled him all over the island, getting the Chaos Emeralds first, and ultimately thwarting the plans of Robotnik.

Since then, Sonic has encountered Eggman time and again, and has successfully thwarted his schemes to take over the world. Over the years, Sonic has gained many friends and allies, as well as made numerous enemies. He has always continued to move forward though, and has never stopped running, and has not let anything tie him down. In his view, living free is the only way to live life without regrets.
Last edited by Dr. Carter on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I don't get how people can manage so many prominent characters. Seems hard.

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

I almost, almost had deleted the background story in my effort to figure out what was going on... But, then what I feared would happen, happened... I'll just let G165 try to figure out what the gremlin is taking issue with...

Edit: In the mean time, have a few songs to preview who else is in the immediate pipeline. >>

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm inching along on my character's bio. Feel free to start the game without me if need be, and I'll just jump in when I'm ready. We're probably better off bringing characters in gradually, anyway, or the early stages of the game might become a chaotic, impossible-to-keep-up-with mess.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

How to introduce Frieza...? I'll figure it out; and will bring in Zarbon and Dodoria at some point. So for now, just edit the OP to include Frieza's information.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Looks like I'm not the only one having issues with gremlin. G165 is having trouble posting in here guys, hopefully that gremlin stops skreeonking with everything. But yeah, he needed you guys to know this.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Testing testing.

EDIT: Well look at that, I'm back in guys. The main story thread is now up and running. Let's get this show on the road :).

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Question, is there one Earth, or more? Given that we have Demogorgon, a ruler of the planet who doesn't want it damaged too much, she wouldn't exactly tolerate the fights Superman can sometimes get into, nor those of the Saiyans, and most certainly not of Dr. Eggman's machinations.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Multiverse= More than one Earth ;).

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Godzilla165 wrote:Multiverse= More than one Earth ;).
I thought so, I just wanted to be sure and get some clarification. There have been instances in the Omniverse where there was a multiverse that had only one earth. Also, realms can be thought of as a sort of sub-multiverse. Like in the case of Marvel's Thor and the Nine Realms. But I see now that this is the one where there are multiple earths.