BotM: New Beginnings Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: BotM: New Beginnings Hub

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Godzilla165 wrote: Ugh, you could say that about 98% of TK nowadays, honestly. But, we'd love to have yaa. Things would be slower than usual, but who knows, maybe we could make it work somehow :). Now, if the two of you will please excuse me, I have one daughter to bathe, the smelliest diaper to change on the other, and a fluie wife to feed soup and crumpets to X_X.
Uff da, sorry man. I'll give you moral support and prayers 'cause quite frankly there's nothing else I can do from over here. Don't get the flu.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

It's alright! I understand busy-ness! I have college to think about, a lot of cleaning to do, and I've been chatting with my girlfriend for hours and am only stopping bc she's going to bed.

But I can respond pretty quickly if prompted! Bc I'm not busy atm.
Last edited by Vatarian on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Give me a little bit, I don't exactly know how to continue as of now. [Which is weird, considering I can tell you how to continue (and finish) the story weeks (/months) from now, including lines of dialogue and plot twists.]
goji89 wrote:

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

It's perfectly fine. There's no shortage of time. Let me know when you would like to enter, and.... Oh.

I suppose I should provide relevant biographies?

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

I'm running out of things to say.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
goji89 wrote:

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

No need for apologies, you've hardly done anything even remotely offensive.

Are we doing real, personal biographies? My name is Gwen, which is a foreshortening of a longer name, but, we're practical strangers on a moldering godzilla-enthusiast forum, so, one syllable is all you get. I'm 19 as well.

Hahahaha.

I'll get on character information in a minute, I'm rather pre-occupied.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Re: BotM: New Beginnings

Post by Vatarian »

Name: Unknown. Leaves initials "O.Q." during initial meeting w/ Aerowen.
Height: Roughly 18 feet in native form.
Weight: Roughly 3,860 lbs.
Age: Has existed and been trapped in the heart of a dead star for multiple hundreds of billions of years, relative to outside reality. Actual time spent "living" and existing normally, unknown.
Appearance: A large, carapaced jett-black figure. Bipedal, with semi-digitgrade legs terminating in feet which appear "boot" like when the two articulate extremities composing them are drawn together, but akin to cloven hooves or stubby talons/toes when spread apart. Outer surface is glossy and resembles the shell of an insect, but lacks obvious "segments" to the degree of something so comparably primitive as an arthropod. Possesses powerful humanoid arms with hands terminating in three razor-sharp fingers and two opposable thumbs each. Waist is pinched and bug-like, and both hips and shoulders are wide and angular. Hindquarters are hidden by a graceful array of chitinous "feathers" which lends the appearance of coat-tails or a sort of skirt, similar to the tail of a bird, if birds walked upright and were huge vengeful bug-cat aliens. Possesses massive wings; feathers resemble those of traditional known avians, but are stiff and extra-ordinarily strong and sharp. Head can be most closely compared to that of a cat, albiet minus fur, whiskers, and much of any cuteness. Unclear if cranial protrusions are ears or horns. Eyes are yellow and glow to the extent that it is difficult to discern if there is an actual ocular organ, or just a powerful glow eminating from empty sockets. Mouth has no discernible seam or lips when closed, but, when open, reveals tongueless chasm framed with far too many iron-grey, triangular teeth. Eyes are framed by twin flaring protrusions which sit roughly where eyebrows ought to. It's unclear if these are "eyebrows", antenna of the sort found on something like a moth, or a sort of crest.

When summoning energy-attacks, O.Q.'s outline flashes with chaotic bursts of light and current.

Its chest bears an unhealing puncture-wound running through-and-through. It is noticably more sensitive to attack around the wound. It often stores the spear IN this wound. Pragmatism is more than universal, it seems.

Powers and abilties: -Shapeshifter, capable of mimicking the physical structure of objects or physical entities it has observed or can invision. Cannot mimic complex mechanical structures accurately. Ability akin to clay molding to a shape. Whatever shape it takes, it bears a wound across its breast.
-Exists at a perpetual st8 of absolute zero; it completely eschews heat on a structural level. Thermal energy does not "stick" to it, leaving it perpetually colder than ice. It is a cold-spot wherever it goes.
-Capable of rapidly processing and assimilating information from both organic and synthetic terminals; to it, a terminal is anything containing data.
-Not composed of familiar particles or structured like known matter. Closer to a swarm of charged subatomic matter with a singular intelligence than a living creature. Capable of shifting, melting away, reforming, slipping through tiny gaps, flattening into a razor-sharp sheet of matter one molecule wide and slicing through things and people, and pretty much anything else an imaginative being with no fixed form ought to be capable of. Does not bleed, but will leak whisps of black dust when damaged, until the component mass recovers and re-intigr8s.
-Lacks a "life-force" or soul, in the traditional sense. There is a cunning mind, and there is a sort of raw, furious, almost poltergeist-like psychic presence, but whatever "O.Q." is, it is not a living thing.
-Its unnatural presence is palpable to anyone in its immediate vicinity. It is alien in the truest sense; Deceptively semi-humanoid figure and ability to mimic language and behavior aside, it is from another epoch of reality. It is not meant to be here. It is older than the stars and its designs are colder than the vacuum between them. It is not meant to be here, it is not meant to be here, it is not meant to be here.
-Capable of flight at extreme speeds via wings, even in vacuum.
-Capable of teleporting places it has seen or can see.
-Capable of dividing total mass in order to utilize one or more smaller forms; has limits to how effectively it can control multiple avatars at once, suggesting its singular consciousness is relatively traditional, at least.
-Capable of moving limbs and body short distances (ie, flash-stepping, swinging weapon or shifting body) so quickly that a sort of after-image is left behind. This suggests that "O.Q." is moving at speeds which far surpass the luminal barrier in these moments.
-Instantaneous reaction-time.
-VERY strong, when focusing on tensing aggregate mass to direct force without give to body-structure.
-No signifciant response to extreme heat or cold; raw kinetic force and other forms of violent, directed energy appear to cause discomfort and disrupt actions, but little else. Overwhelmingly powerful attacks seem to damage and "stun", causing the affected area to disintegrate into black particul8s similar in consistency to smoke, dust, or fine sand.
-Very resilient. Disrupted matter will gradually seek out more of its like, until physical form is re-established. It appears to be most vulnerable to arcane energy, including demonic and holy powers.
-Enhanced senses. Sense of smell not restricted to particles in air. Detects "scent" of wave and particulate radiation in surroundings.
-Frighteningly apt fighter. While the martial-arts is utilizes in acrobatics and spear-fighting are not familiar, it is clear O.Q. moves with practiced grace and discipline. Its body is as much of an instrument as any power it wields. It learns by watching, and assymil8s all experiences into its internal library of possible responses to a given situation.
-Stylish as fuck. Just. Really fucking graceful and dapper as enormous, murderous eldritch monsters go. Always makes sure to look gr8 in any other form it shifts to. Just. Really. A stellar sense of style. Even takes care with its handwriting.
-Capable of channeling powerful energy-blasts which implode the geometry of space which they occupy via warping gravitational forces with extremely violent and heavily modul8ed electromagnetism. Anything which occupies the area of the blast will have its component mass crushed down to a small array of points extremely violently. Even indirect hits or proximity is extremely dangerous. The imploded matter and energy caught in the area of effect flies apart violently the instance it ceases to be effected. These blasts can be as small and simple as a linear jet from an out-stretched hand or directed glare, or as massive and complex as a snaking web of energy-tendrils spanning the gap between worlds and capable of encircling a star. The scale of destruction possible with this energy cannot be overstated. It isn't a world-breaking power, it's a star-breaking power and then some. This is the most awesomely destructive power in the thing's aresenal, but it is also the most relatively energy-draining to use to its full extent, and not typicalły a first resort in single combat.
-Draws power from its weapon, somehow. The closer to its spear it is, the more powerful it is. The further away in reality, the more its stamina seems to have limits, and its abilities lessen. The relationship seems to be mutual.
Weapons: Possesses an onyx spear, tapered to a perfect point at either end. The spear seems to be entirely unbothered by pretty much everything, which is to say that it does not break, melt, fracture, crack, rust, corrode, freeze, or even BEND significantly. The spear also has the unfortunate habit of channeling the energy of every movement it has ever made, ever impact it has ever absorbed, and every blow it has ever delivered. Via the will of its wielder, it can release ENORMOUS blasts of kinetic energy in the direction the spear is swung or stabbed. These blast are powerful enough to disintigr8 a planet with raw force easily, blast a hole through a star, and even disrupt dimensional barriers. There seems to be no limit to the rapidity or extent to which its power can be utilized. Works most effectively through impact with a medium, but can move through empty space as well, covering distance almost instantaneously. It seems to share a symbiotic relationship with its original owner. The closer it is to its true master, the more potent its power, and in turn, its master's power waxes with its own. Further away, its power is reduced, but so is its murderous owner's. If it is used by another for a long enough time, the bond will begin to shift.
Backstory: Wait and see.
Last edited by Vatarian on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 am, edited 10 times in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

At least I saved all my main story posts.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
goji89 wrote:

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Some additional notes;

-"O.Q." is more than just an intimid8ing villain character designed to cause strife amongst protagonists and antagonists alike. They are a character in their own right, They have a name, behind those initials. They have motivations. They even have feelings and morality, although they fall into the "blue and orange" camp of being kind of bizarre and arbitrary by our standards, and fairly disconnected from what we're familiar with.

-That said, O.Q. is also not as much of a "person" or a "character" as, say, some others. Not because of any failure to write them or develope them in my part, but because of what they have gone through. They've been trapped for an eternity. Impaled on their own spear and left for dead. You don't come through that the way you went in. You don't come out of that normal and grounded. And most people would not come out of that at all. O.Q.'s nuances and more sublte traits have been long, long, long subsumed by the singular imperitive to accomplish its goals and achieve vengeance and justice against those who wronged it in the first place. You'll find out what I mean by this as the story progresses.

Simply put, O.Q., is unhinged, even by the standards of completely inhuman beings fom a completely different chapter of creation. It has a goal, and every action it takes is built around meeting it. That is how it has survived its eternity served cold. That's what anim8s it. That goal has eclipsed almost everything else. There's still a mind growing up through the cracks, yes, but, primarily, O.Q. is a vessel for revenge so old no one alive knows the initial crime or slight. It pantomimes calmness, externally, but, on the inside? It's all primordial, seething fury. And if the mask slips, any fit of temper will be cosmic in scale.

The slight is too old to remember. But you, dear readers? You're going to find out all about it.

-Oh, also? It's just the first character to be introduced. I will be establishing more. Additionally, O.Q.'s bio will be filled out as we find out more about it.
Last edited by Vatarian on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

So, O.Q. is this ancient vessel filled with eons upon eons worth of built up rage and uncontrollable fury? But, what caused it to gain such hatred? What is its goal? Why did it become so unhinged and uncontrollable? So many aspects and questions surrounding this... Entity, that I’m dying to know. I’m extremely excited to see them in action, but not necessarily just in battle and it going on a killing spree, but what instead drives O.Q. to do the things that it inevitably will as the plot further unfolds. Beautiful creation you’ve got there, Gwen. I almost feel as though it’d be insulting to describe O.Q. as simply being a character. I’m really looking forward to your others as well.

But apologies for not responding sooner, you two. My wife managed to share her fluie goodness with me, the day before I had to meet with my publisher, and I actually believe I have it bloody worse than her. Blimey. I honestly could barely get up to type this really quick. Bleeech, I’m going to bed.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#BotM

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

^ Take a vacation and get better moon cherry. You need it.
He's...gone?
Which means I'm essentially left to my own devices.
goji89 wrote:

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Godzilla165 wrote:So, Q.Q. is this ancient vessel filled with eons upon eons worth of built up rage and uncontrollable fury? But, what caused it to gain such hatred? What is its goal? Why did it become so unhinged and uncontrollable? So many aspects and questions surrounding this... Entity, that I’m dying to know. I’m extremely excited to see them in action, but not necessarily just in battle and it going on a killing spree, but what instead drives Q.Q. to do the things that it inevitably will as the plot further unfolds. Beautiful creation you’ve got there, Gwen. I almost feel as though it’d be insulting to describe Q.Q. as simply being a character. I’m really looking forward to your others as well.

But apologies for not responding sooner, you two. My wife managed to share her fluie goodness with me, the day before I had to meet with my publisher, and I actually believe I have it bloody worse than her. Blimey. I honestly could barely get up to type this really quick. Bleeech, I’m going to bed.
It's actually O.Q., not Q.Q. Important distinction.

Sleeeeeeeep!!

I'm looking forward to getting all these irons nice and toasty in the fire, too, but it should w8 until all participants are well.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Once you're better we need to use that "wiki-live-chat" thing you mentioned and try and work the respective storylines we have in mind into a cohesive whole.
But I'm getting ahead of myself, just get better first 165.
goji89 wrote:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Well, after a full day yesterday of my body feeling like it was boiling me alive, and pulsating headaches... I can at least say that today, I’m better enough to say that if the two of you would like to begin any further, or in Gwen’s case, new storylines, then absolutely go for it. Hopefully, I’ll be mostly over this bloody thing by tomorrow, worst case Monday. Go nuts, you crazy kids. But... I'll be watching you.

Actually, no I won’t. I’ll be passed out with a bowl of noodle soup, from some Benadryl. Stuff feels like it puts you in a tiny coma, I swear. Daws... Just... Make sure you and the idiots of the multiverse crew keep the place from burning down.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

#BotM

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I'll be gone for most of today, too. I have a meeting w/ extended family. But I should be back by this evening. Maybe we can start weaving some webs by then? I guess I'll play it by ear.
Last edited by Vatarian on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Godzilla165 wrote:Well, after a full day yesterday of my body feeling like it was boiling me alive, and pulsating headaches... I can at least say that today, I’m better enough to say that if the two of you would like to begin any further, or in Gwen’s case, new storylines, then absolutely go for it. Hopefully, I’ll be mostly over this bloody thing by tomorrow, worst case Monday. Go nuts, you crazy kids. But... I'll be watching you.

Actually, no I won’t. I’ll be passed out with a bowl of noodle soup, from some Benadryl. Stuff feels like it puts you in a tiny coma, I swear. Daws... Just... Make sure you and the idiots of the multiverse crew keep the place from burning down.
Well, we'll be smelling like smoke for another week, but the fire's finally out. Finish your soup Dionysus, BotM is safe.

Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

So are we ready to get started? Do you just trust me implicitly enough to just stand back and let me shove my grubby, awful little talons into the plot and start pulling strings, or shall we discuss this more first?

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Vatarian wrote:So are we ready to get started? Do you just trust me implicitly enough to just stand back and let me shove my grubby, awful little talons into the plot and start pulling strings, or shall we discuss this more first?
I trust you Gwen, just please... :shock:

Go nuts tomodachi.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Vatarian wrote:So are we ready to get started? Do you just trust me implicitly enough to just stand back and let me shove my grubby, awful little talons into the plot and start pulling strings, or shall we discuss this more first?
By all means, have at it. Pull any strings you need.

#BotM

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Welp. Five pages of writing just got eaten by this shitty fucking site crashing, so. Nothing's coming from me for a while.