Destroy ALL Monsters Hub/ Sign Ups

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Destroy ALL Monsters Hub/ Sign Ups

Post by RodanStomps »

Hello people of the forum :D

I've decided to become more involved with this site, so I guess I'll start a new RP for funzies.

This will mostly be just massive fights but also there has to be a story to drive it or else it wouldn't really go anywhere and it would just be a bunch of awkward fights that ultimately amount to nothing :P

I'll try to keep it as simple as I can.
You can use any kaiju from any sort of media, but if someone else is using it, you obviously cannot unless they agree to do so or they are inactive for 2 weeks. Just be sure to include a bio on your monster (even if it's as well known as Godzilla) just to keep things somewhat consistent. I will update this as people call dibs on monsters so to keep it interesting I guess. To elaborate a bit, you can use ANY kaiju from ANYWHERE, including different incarnations, different versions (ie; Godzilla 2014, Godzilla 1955, Godzilla Unleashed Godzilla). You can also create your own kaiju, just provide in detail all of their abilities and appearance etc.

Rules: These are pretty standard but I have to say them just so people don't go killing everybody :P I'm gonna borrow Godzilla165's rules for his RP so credit to him/her.

-No Godmodding
-No controlling a fellow member's characters without their consent, and/or if they haven't been active in the RP for a fair amount of time; this would be used solely to push the story along, and keep it from getting stagnant.
-No flaming, insulting fellow members, etc.
-Have fun!
-No stopping a fight or anything of the sort to do something "silly" (ie stopping in the middle of a fight to "bake a batch of muffins for Grannyzilla") This RP is intended to be somewhat serious so please RP accordingly. If you do these things then you will be banned from the RP after 1 warning.

I'll call dibs on Anguirus

Anguirus(1955)
-60 Meters Tall
-100 Meters Long
-30,000 Metric Tons
-Spines and Burrowing Ability
-The 2nd Toho Monster to be created, and the first to fight Godzilla, this incarnation of Anguirus is the original and most animalistic, using it's fangs and spines as it's main weapon to compensate for not having any sort of projectile. Not the strongest monster of the bunch, although it certainly can hold it's own in a fight.

I'll begin the story with a little something something.

Earth. Once a proud planet filled too the brim with people and kaiju alike, co-existing (to a certain extent), has now become a total battleground. Formerly great cities have been reduced to nothing but empty, steel and concrete wastelands. Nuclear war has driven most of the human race to extinction. Using this moment of weakness, many space-borne invaders have come to colonize the Earth, along with their own set of deadly monsters. Not many humans are left, but the ones that are have been divided into factions, causing even more chaos and disorder. Douglas Gordon, former captain of the Gotengo is a leader of one such faction along with Dr. Ishiro Serizawa, Shinichi Ozaki, Miki Saegusa, Katsura Mafune, and Nick Tatapolus. The kaiju of the Earth have also formed unstable alliances with one another. The entire world is in disarray thanks to the carelessness of man, and the simple splitting of the atom. Captain Gordon's faction inside the Gotengo, along with Anguirus (1955) are locked in a heated battle with the Black Hole Planet 3 Aliens and the Xilians and their monsters Gigan and Mechagodzilla (Showa).

Berlin, Germany 20XX

"God dammit!" Yelled Gordon in the cockpit of the Gotengo. His brow has a mix of sweat and blood as the ship is rocked back and forth by the force of Mechagodzilla's missiles and lasers. "Fire that fucking maser cannon, Ozaki!"
"We can't sir, it's been damaged by Mechagodzilla's attacks!" Replied Ozaki. Ozaki used to be a young, agile, powerful Mutant. War has changed that. Ozaki has a clear, tired look to him along with many scars and one eye was a pure white.
"Send in the cavalry."

This is where you guys come in. You can pick one of these monsters obviously or you can incorporate your own into the mix. Make sure you add more story bits to it as you go, just to keep things moving at a decent pace.

Edit: I have made this thread the hub where people can sign up and call dibs and such.

Taken Kaiju:
Angurius (1955)
Godzilla (2014)
Mothra Leo
FW Gigan
Last edited by RodanStomps on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Destroy ALL Monsters

Post by Kaijunator »

Shouldn't we have a separate thread for the Hub?

IF this takes off, I'd like to call dibs on Godzilla. I also think you should wait until G165's RP is over or almost over to start it.
Last edited by Kaijunator on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Post by RodanStomps »

Kaijunator wrote:Shouldn't we have a separate thread for the Hub?

IF this takes off, I'd like to call dibs on Godzilla. I also think you should wait until G165's RP is over or almost over to start it.
Good idea, I would like to wait and see if anyone else joins in on this before I make a Hub. I would like to have this alongside G165's RP, but ill probably PM him/her to see if that's ok.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I guess I'll just create my bio for G14. If this ends up dying in the early stages, then oh well.
Spoiler:
Godzilla
Appearance: Image
Height: 122 meters (400.92 feet)
Length: 500 meters (1,640.42 feet)
Weight: 100,000 tons
Abilities: atomic ray from jaws; super regenerative power; jagged dorsal fins; Nuclear Pulse; can conduct energy through touch; able to unleash a spiral fire ray; extraordinary jumper; can absorb radiation; extremely smart
Weaknesses: spiral fire ray consumes a large amount of radiation; will slow down and eventually collapse without enough radiation
Backstory: Godzilla is a member of an ancient species of alpha predators from the Paleozoic Era, when the Earth had more radiation that it does today. He was known as "The King of the Monsters". No creature was foolish enough to aggravate him, except for two species of kaiju: the MUTOs and Shinomura. The MUTOs were parasites to his species, fighting in pairs and killing members. They would lay eggs in the massive corpses of a Godzilla. The Shinomura species were worthy rivals, able to separate and reform to avoid death. However, as time passed, Earth became less radioactive. Kaiju like Godzilla, MUTO, and Shinomura were losing their food sources. By the end of the Permian era, the Godzilla species began to die off. There simply wasn't enough radiation to support them. But they weren't ready to die just yet. Every remaining Godzilla headed for the bottom of the ocean, where they could be closer to Earth's core and absorb the radiation. The MUTOs had burrowed to get their share. The Godzilla species could live underwater, thanks to their amphibious nature. When the Permian and Cretaceous mass extinctions occurred, Godzilla was one of the only creatures to survive into the present day.

In March of 1954, the submarine Nautilus was patrolling the depths of the Pacific Ocean when it awoke a member of Godzilla's species. It was reported to the authorities, and their response was the nuke it. However, a member of Shinomura's species awakened as well, and it fought Godzilla to the death. The clash ended when the first "nuclear test" commenced, killing Shinomura and supposedly Godzilla. Unfortunately, the test failed and Godzilla was still alive. At least six more attempts occurred, and they all failed. After the seventh attempt, Godzilla had vanished. The US Army had declared Godzilla dead. However, the Monster King was far from dead, and he proved that when he rose to fight two MUTOs in 2014. The saurian returned to the ocean depths, waiting until the balance of nature had been upset or a threat to his existence emerged.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Hmm... I'll see if this thing goes anywhere before I commit to anything, but I might join. I have an OC kaiju I've been sort of wanting to use for something, and this might be it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I call dibs on Mothra Leo :huge:
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Re: Destroy ALL Monsters Hub

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

are sign ups still active Because i want to be gigan 2004

Added in 24 seconds:
i just want to know that's all
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Re: Destroy ALL Monsters Hub

Post by RodanStomps »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:are sign ups still active Because i want to be gigan 2004

Added in 24 seconds:
i just want to know that's all
Affirmative

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Re: Destroy ALL Monsters Hub/ Sign Ups

wait so i'm in
8-BIT MADNESS

RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Post by RodanStomps »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:wait so i'm in
Affirmative

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Awesome

Added in 33 minutes 53 seconds:
i will do my bio
Gigan(2004)
120 meters tall
60,000 metric tons
180 meters long
hooks or chainsaws for hands, buzzsaw on chest, and shoot lazers from eye.
Gigan is a chicken cyborg from outer space and was revived from the xillanes and with unique armour and wepons and made him stronger than ever before.
8-BIT MADNESS

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

RodanStomps, I think there should be a limit on the number of incarnations of kaiju. Otherwise, we'd have thirty different Godzillas, seven Ghidorahs running around, like ten Mothras running around, etc.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Post by RodanStomps »

Kaijunator wrote:RodanStomps, I think there should be a limit on the number of incarnations of kaiju. Otherwise, we'd have thirty different Godzillas, seven Ghidorahs running around, like ten Mothras running around, etc.
I see your point and I recognize the concern of the confusion, that'll be the fun of it and I also plan on keeping a record on who picked what kaiju, which kaiju are left, where certain kaiju will be in the story etc. I will take your suggestion into consideration because that could prove to be pretty chaotic at a certain point.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

before I sign up, i need to know: What will the restriction for godmodding and 'randomness' be? Because having your character sliced into a billion pieces before you can react is not fun, and neither is someone just completely wrecking the story with "KaijuA sits down for a tea party and starts playing rap music!"
If someone indulges in this, will they kicked out of the rp?

RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Post by RodanStomps »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:before I sign up, i need to know: What will the restriction for godmodding and 'randomness' be? Because having your character sliced into a billion pieces before you can react is not fun, and neither is someone just completely wrecking the story with "KaijuA sits down for a tea party and starts playing rap music!"
The restriction is for situations like the one you described and others like it. And yes, I will do my best to make sure this RP is at least somewhat serious but if someone is halting a fight to have a tea party or to take a trip to the lady's room then they will be banned from the RP after 1 warning.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

RodanStomps wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:before I sign up, i need to know: What will the restriction for godmodding and 'randomness' be? Because having your character sliced into a billion pieces before you can react is not fun, and neither is someone just completely wrecking the story with "KaijuA sits down for a tea party and starts playing rap music!"
The restriction is for situations like the one you described and others like it. And yes, I will do my best to make sure this RP is at least somewhat serious but if someone is halting a fight to have a tea party or to take a trip to the lady's room then they will be banned from the RP after 1 warning.
Sweet!

Okay, just one final thing: When it says don't control anothers character, what are the limitations? for example, say you had your monster kick another in the stomach: could we say "kaijuA kicked kaijuB in the stomach, causing him to bend over."

RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Post by RodanStomps »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
RodanStomps wrote:
Sweet!

Okay, just one final thing: When it says don't control anothers character, what are the limitations? for example, say you had your monster kick another in the stomach: could we say "kaijuA kicked kaijuB in the stomach, causing him to bend over."
That's fine, but you cannot control the other kaiju's general movements or how they attack.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

RodanStomps wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
RodanStomps wrote:
Sweet!

That's fine, but you cannot control the other kaiju's general movements or how they attack.
Alright, cool.

I'll start off with an orginal kaiju of mine. He is slightly strange, but I think he can do the trick.
Forgive the formatting, its made to be very descriptive and was made for a different project.
Spoiler:
CLASSIFICATION:

ANOMALY NAME: Joey the Kid
ANOMALY CALLSIGN: 189
FIRST SIGHTING: 12/3/??
KILL COUNT: 6

DESCRIPTION:

ANOMALY HEIGHT: 108 Metres(Full), 97 Metres(Hunched)
ANOMALY LENGTH: 128 Metres(Fully straightened)
ANOMALY WEIGHT: 60,000 tons

ANOMALY SEX: Male

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES: According to various Goat Breeders, Joey is a “Light Grey Agouti” pattern. He has very complex back and white patterns on a base-grey body. The most significant marking is his black mask-like markings, with a grey circle surrounding the eyes and speckled white snout. A white stripe stretches from the middle of his belly around his body, ending at his sides.
At first glance, Joey looks like a Ram’s head pasted onto a kangaroo body. Massive, curling horns adorn the side of his head and his brown eyes house rectangular pupils. Being a bovid, only his lower jaw houses teeth, his top teeth replaced by a bony plate.
The body is, basically, that of a kangaroo. However, despite appearance, his feet and paws do not house claws, but singular hoof-toe structures. His knees are rough and bare, like a goat.
The oddest feature is Joey’s pouch, which he possesses despite being male. This baffles scientists at S.O.N.A.R, but research is still underway.
In the warmer seasons, Joey’s hair is short and rough, heavily silhouetting his chubby body and love-handles. In the cold times, however, the coat is soft, fluffy and long with a long beard under his chin.

STATS:

AGILITY: Mid-High
STRENGTH: Mid
SPEED: 193 MPH
INTELLIGENCE: Low-Mid

ABILITIES:

CLIMBER
RANGE: N/A
STRENGTH: N/A
DESCRIPTION: Joey can climb near flat and vertical surfaces with incredible speed and prowess.

PUNCHING
RANGE(If applicable): Short
STRENGTH: Mid
DESCRIPTION: Like any good kangaroo, Joey boxes like a champ with quick strikes.

DOUBLE KICK
RANGE: Medium
STRENGTH: High
DESCRIPTION: Like a kangaroo, Joey leans on his tail and kicks with both feet. His toe claws can amplify the attack by scratching away at the opponent.

HEADBUTT
RANGE(If applicable): As far as joey can jump.
STRENGTH: Extreme
DESCRIPTION: Joey headbutts in three ways: 1. A quick strike with the head. 2. A classic tiptoe ‘fall-to-force’ goat style headbutt. 3. Propels forth with his strong legs, launching his head into the enemy. The first option is a quick strike, but still powerful. The second can be potentially fatal, depending on how tall he stands before the launch. There has been no recorded survivors of the third.

PROJECTILE CUD
RANGE(If applicable): Short
STRENGTH: low-mid
DESCRIPTION: A last ditch attack, Joey spits out his cud - or, in laymen terms, throws up - at the attacker. It comes out like a shotgun blast, covering the enemy. Joey sometimes whips his head to increase range. It has mild acidic properties, just like all other bile, but the disgust and stench factor are the real killers. Unless it gets in the eyes. Then the acidity is the real killer. Ouch.

FANNY PACK/COLLECTOR
RANGE(If applicable): N/A
STRENGTH: N/A
DESCRIPTION: Because Joey is a male, his pouch is an oddity. Without any - Well, Joey's - he uses the pouch for other things. When Joey kills an enemy, he takes something from them: Teeth, claws, ETC. Sometimes, he stores loose sand or even human vehicles. When in a pinch, he will grab a handful of whatever he can find and hurl it at the enemy.

WEAKNESSES:

Joey tends to expend a lot of energy with his powerful attacks.
Joey is not very strong, save for his power attacks.
Joey is not very smart, but can strategize.
Sometimes too trusting.
Although his fat allows some protection, Joey is frail.

DISPOSITION

PERSONALITY: Joey is a very social - and playful - kaiju. However, he retains his goat instinct from DNA. Therefore, his “play” is other kaiju’s fight. Therefore, he mostly keeps to himself for fear of fighting. This doesn’t mean he can’t hold his own, however. Joey’s diverse arsenal allows him to fight and fight well. Joey will go into a rage when provoked and is a formidable foe; however, he often times has no reason to fight, so he doesn’t.
Joey has a lot of energy and is usually seen bouncing around or climbing things. When it comes to humans, he doesn’t much care about them unless they’re doing something for him, or with him.
One of the biggest aspects of his personality is hunger. Joey loves food, even when not hungry; It’s why he’s so chubby. However, his energetic hopping does keep his obesity in check.

FIGHTING STYLE: Joey is perfectly equipped to fight dirty, and fight dirty he does. He often times uses hit and run tactics, running in with a flurry of punches, headbutts and kicks (The latter often below the belt) and then retreating. If an enemy tries to get too close, he will use his projectiles and cud to keep them back.

However, if he is in a very desperate or angry predicament, Joey will go full on offensive, hitting too hard and fast for the enemy to react properly, maybe throwing in some spit, then finishing it with a headbutt.

In short, when you combine two of the strongest adn dirtiest fighters in the animal kingdom, you get a Big ass UFC champion.

HISTORY: Joey is the result of the Initiative for Chimera Embryo’s set in place by S.O.N.A.R. However, after the mutagen detonation, his embryo was accelerated. He grew fast over time, growing to full size in 19 months. There have been various sightings associated with the Yeti that are believed to be Joey in early growth stages. His first official sighting was near a himalayan monastery, estimated growth level 9, where he got curious and climbed the mountain to investigate. Some hikers nearby recorded the escapade, but it was deemed a hoax buy the public.

16 months later, Joey was seen instigating another kaiju, Nanuhk(96), outside shanghai. Behavior suggested playfulness for goats, but that was not picked up by Nanuhk. The bear attempted to kill and eat Joey, but the Goat-Kangaroo hybrid was too fast. A kick in the back broke the polar bears spine and a chokehold brought its demise. Estimated damage to the city was only $2,001,503. Compared to other Anomaly skirmishes, this was lucky.
Second, I'd like to call dibs on Mechagodzilla/Kiryu.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Where is the battle between the Gotengo and MG taking place?

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Post by RodanStomps »

Kaijunator wrote:Where is the battle between the Gotengo and MG taking place?
Fixed it