TK Mafia: The Reboot

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

TK Mafia: The Reboot

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Toho Kingdom Mafia.

These are strange times in the city of Toho Kingdom, as the place is becoming filled with people from the mafia and a recent hunter has came into town. The even worse part is that no one can distinguish who is who so they all agree to band together to find out who is who. This of course can bite the innocent civilians in the ass because if there's more mafia folks then they'll all be dead and the place will become like Tumblr or 4Chan.

Thus, I welcome you all to the reboot as we'll be going back to basics as opposed to the Demon or The Thing versions of the game.

There needs to be at least 12 people for this game.

-There will be three factions: The Townspeople, Mafia and the Hunter.

-I will send out your character via PMs once sign ups are over and I've written them all up.

-For the love of god don't reveal who you are through my words. You can however claim to be a cop, medic or whatever. Though claiming may be easy, it's just trying to convince people of being who you are may be tricky.

Once you die then you're out of the game to the point where you cannot post in the thread again until the game is over.

For the love of god, no cheating or else you will be thrown out of the game.

Day Rules:

-You are to discuss who are potential Mafia/Rogue members, events that happened during the Night and throughout the previous days, etc. If you believe that someone is a Mafia member, then you may vote on that person.
-The first person who gets the majority vote is removed from the game. If there is no significant vote on the person, let's say three or less votes for the beginning portions of the game then no one is getting lynched.
-You ARE NOT to communicate with anybody about the game outside of this thread unless it allows you to do so. There will be dire consequences for anybody that dares to do so.

Night Rules:

-If you have a certain ability like being the doctor then PM your choice.
-The mafia members will all vote on who to kill for each night phase via pm.

Voting Rules:

-To vote, you must post in BOLD, that persons name. If you do not vote for that person in bold, then it will not count. Example: VOTE: Russell to be Lynched. VOTE: Russell to be locked up.
-If you wish to change your vote, you must Unvote the previous person you voted for and then vote for the person you want to switch your vote for.
-If you do not wish to vote anybody out then you post this: NO VOTE. If you have already voted for someone, you must unvote before you can do a No Vote.
-Since I am the Game Moderator, I will post a tally of everybody's votes every so often or if people request a vote list.

Roles

Doctor: The ability to protect one person himself or another during the night phase. Be warned you might be protecting a mafia member or a hunter. You cannot repeatedly protect one member or yourself the whole game. You'll have to alternate.

Hunter: The third party and a lone wolf. Can kill anyone (s)he wishes unless protected by a doctor. The only down side is that they have to wait a turn before murdering someone due to having to gain resources and not risk being caught. In theory the Hunter could win the game instead of the other two factions provided either only one townsfolk or mafia member is alive.

Cop: The ability to interrogate someone and finding out who is who. The only problem is trying to convince the rest of the town folk to believe you. Plus, do not directly give away your position.

The Mayor: The ability to save a person from being lynched, but they have to PM me their choice during the day phase by the time voting is over. They can only do this every other day phase.

The elderly couple from Cancun: These two people area able to talk about events outside of the game via PM's with each other. Though be cautious, your significant other could be part of the mafia.

Come on down and join and don't be afraid. Ask any questions if need be.

Signups:

1. EdGojira
2. DinoMaster
3. MUTO
4. Giratina93
5. Spanishbulldog63
6. MysticalDL
7. Birdman
8 PrimevalGodzilla V2
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Re: TK Mafia: The Reboot

Post by EdGojira »

I'm curious here. I'll sign up. I will probably get lynched first. :lol:
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

EdGojira wrote:I'm curious here. I'll sign up. I will probably get lynched first. :lol:
Eggcellent! And who knows, maybe you'll be the last man standing.

We'll just have to find out. :D
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

*Stands there ominously.*

I'm in.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

Count me in
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Awesome! You two are in!
52 wins and 27 loses

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

...Hey, why am I not in the #1 spot?
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

M.U.T.O. wrote:...Hey, why am I not in the #1 spot?
Whoops! I honestly forgot about that. I'll fix that.
52 wins and 27 loses

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

GodzillavsJason wrote:
M.U.T.O. wrote:...Hey, why am I not in the #1 spot?
Whoops! I honestly forgot about that. I'll fix that.
God's in his heaven
All is right in the world.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

I'll join.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Awesome! You're in!
52 wins and 27 loses

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

*cracks knuckles*

When do we start?
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

I believe GvJ wants 12 participants before starting, as 6 would be to small of a number for a mafia based game.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Sounds interesting. Sign me up.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:Sounds interesting. Sign me up.
Awesome and you're in.
52 wins and 27 loses

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

Maybe this should get started?

I doubt more people will spontaneously sign-up

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

MysticalDL wrote:Maybe this should get started?

I would like to join but I have a few questions about the gameplay how does it work for example?
Godzilla

ShinSludge71
Samurai

Post by ShinSludge71 »

Blah blah, I'm here and i'm in.
ILL GREEN wrote:There's money to be made with a Hedorah bong.

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

g2vd wrote:
MysticalDL wrote:Maybe this should get started?

I would like to join but I have a few questions about the gameplay how does it work for example?
Mafia is a game that typically has two factions.
1. Town People.
2. The Mafia.

Each side has a simple win condition, eliminate the opposing side to win. To do this there is what's called a Day vote, where the person who received the most votes is eliminated from the game. The Mafia typically has the advantage of knowing who the other mafia members are, in exchange they are typically very few in number. So they try to cause confusion, which typically will result in a Town Person or Townie to acquire the highest game day vote count which eliminates said person.

The mafia typically has what's called a night kill, it's where during each game night they target someone to eliminate from the game. A doctor ability can prevent this, but only if the doctor chose the correct person to protect. The best/worst ability to have is in my opinion the cop, while they can have someone 'investigated' by the game host to learn said person's affiliation of Townie or Mafia. The Mafia will typically make false claims of being the cop, so as to lure out the real cop into counter-claiming the role. Which then gives the Mafia a free important townie to eliminate during the night phase.

Overall, you'll need good debating skills along with communication skills, and common sense & ability to detect lies from truths. Being a good liar and passable acting skills are also required if your given a Mafia role.