Godzilla: Kaiju Uprising Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Kaiju Uprising Hub

Post by Godzilla165 »

Yeah, you know I just thought about how if Godzilla is now a solid 125 meters, then Ghidorah originally being 160 wasn't really enough for me. So I said, "screw it, let's make this golden bastard even bigger". The proclaimed, "destroyer of worlds", needs to have the size and gravitas to match, right?

EDIT: Tweaked the main OP a little bit, just so everything is centered more and cleaner looking. Any future RPs of mine will be of a similar layout.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Not going to change much with the pace. Just letting you guys know that I might not sign in for over a week since I'll be out on vacation. But we have internet there, or should have it there. But if not, that'll be why I'm gone for over a week.

Also, I felt that something had to be done for the Simians. I forgot what the names of the ones under Mugal right now though... Ah well, I can look them up later.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Look at that, Junior stepped up to Godzilla a little bit. You know, I never asked... But what do you all think of this Godzilla? What do you like about him, dislike about him, how's his personality?
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

He's a hard-to-like jackass that screws up almost everything he involves himself in, but is still kind of sympathetic because he was, after all, irradiated and tortured. So mostly what you're going for, I think? :lol: He'd be a little too 'human' in a lot of his mannerisms if this was a movie, but that's par for the course with this game. In terms of physical abilities, I prefer my Godzillers traditionally slow and lumbering, so the running and jumping this guy does aren't my style, but that's not too big a deal.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

It's funny you mention the more, "human" traits that this Godzilla has. If you think about it, in a way, Godzilla shares more with humanity than he would ever admit. So not only is he a massive jackass that couldn't not screw up any situation he was in even if he tried, he's also a hypocritical jackass, plus all that other stuff :lol:.

But yeah, my favorite incarnation of the character is FW Godzilla, so I essentially took that version, fed it some protein shakes laced with steroids, and gave him an interesting and, I'd say at least, complex personality. It's funny, because my original plan was to let this Godzilla be a lot more neutral, but ultimately decided fuck it, let's just make him the biggest bloody dick on the face of the Earth, who borderlines on villainy sometimes. I don't know how in the hell Anguirus puts up with him :P. I guess that's what happens to a being who's been through so much.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I don't quite get it, either. :lol: But Godzilla and Anguirus are traditionally friends, and I just went ahead and maintained said tradition before we'd really gotten to see what this Godzilla's personality is like. *shrug* Freaks need to stick together, though, so I guess that's why Anguirus puts up with him.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I mean, you go from the super serious and grim tone that Uprising is known for at this point, to Godzilla asking Anguirus about some of the cheesiest shit that has ever happened to this franchise, while simultaneously making it canon :lol:. A little cheese every blue moon doesn't hurt, right? This IS Godzilla we're talking about, after all.

#BotM

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I'll just... Let the scene speak for itself.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I hate to say it, but I think it might be best to formally put this thing on hiatus again, for a while. There's clearly not a lot of interest in it anymore, with only two of us having posted in the last few months. That's mainly why I've been slow in posting here; it's hard to have any incentive to play when 90% of the game's story is stalled or outright dropped, you know?

Maybe playing Emergence will motivate people to come back, and we can get this thing wrapped up sometime later on. It really does deserve an ending.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Agreed, I've already been thinking about putting this on hiatus for a little while now, what with how the RP sub forum as a whole is going. Emergence will hopefully garner up some interest again, and I've got some... Ideas of my own as well. For right now though, the two of us (as good as we are :P), can't write Uprising by ourselves.

I'm comfortable putting a hiatus on this for now. This really is one of those games/stories that deserves a good ending.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Even if I was feeling motivated to rp, there still wouldn't be enough people with just how big this has gotten...

Maybe once this is brought out of hiatus I'll be able to rp properly again? Hopefully so...

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

So a bit ironic of me to ask, but is there a chance that this may come back any time soon?
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Hiatus for awhile there buddy.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^Ninja'd by the ninja, but I personally don't think it would be a good idea right now. We just got Emergence back on track after a two-month hiatus, and it's going really well. I wouldn't want to see anything interfere with its progress (again) so early in the storyline. That, and I'm not going to be able to keep up with more than one RPG at a time. :lol:

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Is this still a thing? Kinda want to rejoin as the Anime Mechagodzilla controlled by Kuronuma (The guy from GvsMG)
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Breakdown wrote:Is this still a thing? Kinda want to rejoin as the Anime Mechagodzilla controlled by Kuronuma (The guy from GvsMG)
It absolutely can be if we were to get enough people to rejoin. Though at the moment, the RP thread hasn't been seeing too much activity lately. I would love to finish this story, though. We would just need to trim a lot of the fat and go from there.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

No worries for me, I'm ready to rejoin now I think. Whenever the others rejoin, I'll be ready. It's been a while, but I can still get back into the head-spaces of the characters I control as well as my original characters.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Well... I feel like this game is sort of pointless unless we can get Giratina back to play as Ghidorah, or someone else wants to pick him up. Apart from that, though, I guess the game can stumble along to a conclusion with 165, Dr. Carter, and myself on board, though more players would of course be welcome and helpful...

Really, I'd almost say that we're better off starting over, though, given that 'trimming fat' at this point means cutting out or disregarding about half the game. We can keep a lot of the same basic characters and ideas, but repurpose it all into a more structured, planned whole using what we've learned from Emergence. And maybe replace the 'impending Ghidorah apocalypse' finale with some other kind of threat, given that we've had two of those running already between this game and Mokushi.

Or we can try to salvage this one. I'm on board either way.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

JAGzilla wrote:Well... I feel like this game is sort of pointless unless we can get Giratina back to play as Ghidorah, or someone else wants to pick him up. Apart from that, though, I guess the game can stumble along to a conclusion with 165, Dr. Carter, and myself on board, though more players would of course be welcome and helpful...

Really, I'd almost say that we're better off starting over, though, given that 'trimming fat' at this point means cutting out or disregarding about half the game. We can keep a lot of the same basic characters and ideas, but repurpose it all into a more structured, planned whole using what we've learned from Emergence. And maybe replace the 'impending Ghidorah apocalypse' finale with some other kind of threat, given that we've had two of those running already between this game and Mokushi.

Or we can try to salvage this one. I'm on board either way.
Mhm. Like, I’ve been musing over just how exactly we could possibly reach a conclusion without it feeling as though literally half of the entire story was disregarded and/or cut completely. It just wouldn’t be pretty at this point, and I do have a different story that takes place in this specific “universe”, I guess, that I’d been working for quite a while before it was shelved. I dunno, it could possibly work with just a handful of people, seeing as it would be a muuuch smaller scale story than Uprising, and would essentially be a radical take on the Showa era that takes liberties where need be.

If enough people are interested, than I’ll probably put it out there and see if it sticks the landing. That way, we’ll at least have something fun to partake in whilst waiting for Emergence to come back, and... Other RPs to be introduced down the road.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Maybe Monster Island could be included? That's something we haven't done yet, and could be fun to play with. Most of the world's kaiju crammed into one small environment (by choice), and trying to coexist without killing each other... often.