Age of Monsters

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Re: Age of Monsters

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Dana and Dr. Banner stopped in their tracks, eyes wide. The walkie-talkie slipped from her hands, only for her husband to catch it in a frantic rush of horror and amazement and adrenal overdrive.

"Seventeen? You just said seventeen years old?" The veteran kaijuologist near-yelled into the comms. "You're...you're serious about this. Well. Wow. Damn. Uh...holy crap." He wiped several beads of sweat from his forehead. "Get me on the line with Hudson. Stat."
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

Sal and Maria felt the room spin a bit when Hudson commed in the update from the lab. This new Godzilla was younger than their youngest child, and with youth comes recklessness. Recklessness leads to conflict...conflict would lead to war. Sal just hoped this new Godzilla would be something like its predecessor....but he wouldn't count on it.

"Pop, Mom, did we miss anything?" The Marshall and PR Director turned to a newly relaxed Junior and Emiko, the shower not long enough to wash away their smell. 'Fuck, it'd be a real dick move to tell them what's going on...oh well.'

"You two might wanna hold on to your butts."

The Brigadier and Captain reached across each others back and grabbed the other on the rear. Junior held a grin that told his father that he was bracing for the worst news, "Alright, we're ready. So what happened?"
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Dr. Hudson took grasp of the walkie-talkie, "I'll say this again for those of you just now joining us: This new Godzilla is only 17 years old. Given his young age, this may mean that there are possibly more where this one came from, though at the moment we have absolutely no way of knowing for sure. Any questions?"
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

"...fuck."

Emiko wished she had some profound response instead of that, something that would sound amazing in the history books. But no, let it be known that Emiko Cameron on that January day, said "fuck" in response to the news of the second Godzilla's age. Truly her finest moment.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

"Yes," the kaijuologist said with a shudder of both horror and enthusiasm. "Many. But they'll have to wait. We may have found a kaiju food source."
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla The King wrote:"...fuck."

Emiko wished she had some profound response instead of that, something that would sound amazing in the history books. But no, let it be known that Emiko Cameron on that January day, said "fuck" in response to the news of the second Godzilla's age. Truly her finest moment.
"Again already?" Junior couldn't help but be a smartass, but he quickly focused back to the main matter at hand. "I have one, Doc: if there were more, wouldn't they all be in the Bermuda Triangle as well? Because those sat relays we have would be going off like air sirens if something popped up. Even the non-radioactive monsters we've dealt with in the past have set off the alarms; Remember the time Gorgo/Ogra incident a few years ago when they hadn't been seen in decades? A new Godzilla would set off more alarms than a Fort Knox break-in."

Sal turned his attention to Banner, "Good job. See if you can find more growth spots around the island and mark them on the map. We can use it as a reference for any points where residential kaiju conflicts can or will occur."
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
Resized Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

"The answer to that is quite simple, actually," Dr. Hudson replied, "Those earthquakes a while back most likely exposed... or possibly even re-opened an entranceway into some lost world-type biome that's been locked off from the rest of the world for... who even knows how long. As proven by that thing that appeared in Honolulu, those satellites can't exactly see through rock, so if there are more, then they're still residing in the same biome our new "friend" originated from."
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Godzilla The King
Futurian

"That's great and all...but the moment that goes down, we're fucked." Emiko sighed. "Yeah, I know, being negative and all that but we have to plan in the event that our tracking technology fails."
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

"Who do you think I am, the Japanese Prime Minister? There's back up plans for the back up plans, but they're mostly for down here because those satellites 1) not getting destroyed anytime soon, and 2) are all capable of functioning singularly. You think I'm gonna make a surveillance system function like the CCT's in RWBY, you must be high!" Sal scoffed. "On top of that, I have a team dedicated to running and upgrading the fuckers when they need it. New kaiju pops up, their signature on any and all filters is put into the system for future encounters. So you can bet Jirass won't be escaping easily."
Resized Image

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Dr. Banner and Dana sprinted onto the beach. The run was a bit lengthy, but they eventually came to a massive blob of golden-orange applesauce-like gelatin.

"This the place, Dana?" the veteran kaijuologist asked.

"Mhm. This is it." Dana picked up the walkie-talkie. "This is Dana. We're at the beach. Look out the north windows. You'll see us."
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Shinoda huffed as he caught up with the two, he was clearly not ready for that today. When he saw the massive pile of the substance all he could do was let out an impressed whistle.

"Next time...warn me about the run."
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Sal looked out the window, "I see a couple nerds on the beach...and jesus, give Shinoda a drink! Man looks like he's about to die!"
Resized Image

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

"Oi, calm off it." Banner barked back at Sal through the walkie-talkie, tossing a water bottle at Shinoda. "I always carry water."

"Furthermore, where's the boat?" Dana said, walking over to the golden pile of sugary gelatin and scooping some with her hand. "We need to trawl some of this in."
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Godzilla The King
Futurian

"Believe it or not, I don't do this every day." Shinoda sighed before taking a swig from the bottle. "Usually when I work, I'm in a car or boat."
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

"Well, you'll be just in luck then Shinoda, cause we've got vehicles for days." Sal said, ignoring Banner's outburst when he took notice of what Dana said about the boat. That's when he caught a glimpse of it 200 yards from shore, "Well, if neither of you mind getting wet, you're gonna have to swim for it...unless you want to take the easy way out and come grab one of the boats from the inner dock?"
Resized Image

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Banner looked for a moment as if he was seriously considering diving into the water and swimming. It was quickly thwarted by a glare from Shinoda and Dana pulling him forward. A sigh of relief could be heard from Shinoda...

"Oh thank GOD!"

"On our way, Sal!"
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

"Roger that. Sending some people over to load up the equipment," Sal said, trying not to laugh as Banner got yanked back like an excited puppy on a leash. He dialed his daughters who went back to the other lab, "Alice, Azucena, go load up their boat, yeah?"

"On it, dad." A second later and Alice could be heard walking down the hallway, calling back "C'mon Ozzy, the quicker we get this done, the faster we can get back to the G-Cells and do some more study on those."
Resized Image

Godzilla The King
Futurian

"Yes, well we've been waiting on this for a while. Gonna have to haul this out. But it ain't bad, we'll get what we want. This is a deal, remember?"

Tyler heard this voice echoing through the halls of the area. He recognized the voice. Simon had heard it too, though only once, some locked away echo that keeps playing on and on in his mind. Tyler walked towards the source of the noise, leading to a closed door. A quick glance through a window revealed a group of people watching...something.

"What the hell is going on here?" Tyler asked.

"Training."
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

With Banner, Dana, Shinoda, and his daughters out gathering a plethora of samples, Sal felt an itch in his trigger fingers. It didn't go unnoticed as Maria grabbed his hand and asked, "You OK?"

The Marshall sighed, "Yeah, I just don't know how to feel about the rise in events. On one hand, it's nice to be able to have a reason to go back in the field, but dammit I can feel the shit getting closer and closer to the fan, and I can't shake the feeling something big is about to happen."

Junior looked at his dad, "A new Godzilla isn't big enough?"

"Son, if there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that there's always something bigger waiting to happen."
Resized Image

Godzilla The King
Futurian

"Dad told me the same thing. That you can never be sure if something was safe or not. Dad was pretty much always right about that...couple years back. He saved my life back then, told me not to try fighting the kaiju with the Stenz." Emiko nodded. "When Matador was beaten, I knew he was right."

Tyler listened in with a balled fist. He knew that voice from long ago. Hannibal Chau. But why? What were these people learning from him? He needed answers and he looked to Simon to give them. Simon was just as confused as he was, what little flashes he remembered he did not remember Chau's voice talking to him.

"You mind telling me just what the hell is going on?" Tyler whispered to him.

"I have no idea myself...I remember a voice talking to me and others but not this voice." Simon shook his head. "This...this isn't training. Less formal. Less drills. No...this is a cult."
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY