Age of Monsters

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Age of Monsters

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

"But he was also wrong. Don't forget the miracle work you did with half a crew on the Stenz to drive Titanosaurus back to the island," The Marshall pointed out. "You're a helluva captain, and your old man knows it. But he is right that you have to know your enemy and pick your fight."

Maria cut in,"OK Sun Tzu, we get it. Now, speaking of the old fart, let's see if we can try and get a hold of Tyler or Simon. They have to have something for us, or a timetable on when they'll get back."
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Tyler stayed quiet as he listened to this recording over and over. He was training cultists and harvesters, both very different but he worded his statements in such a way that both could find meaning in the words. Katagiri was trying to be the next Hannibal Chau. He knew he had to speak to the team, he walked away from the door and called in.

"Sal? You there?"

Emiko heard her father's voice. It was like nothing she ever heard before, it trembled, not out of any weakness but out of pure rage. She leaned in to listen to what he had to say.

His eyes opened. He was awake again. There again. He sighed. Boredom. He would have to wait in order to do anything. Cromwell was going to have to sit through another interrogation, or maybe they'd execute him. He kind of hope for that...he'd like to see them try.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

"Yeah, I'm here. Figured you grabbed more than just the morse communicator, just worried some of us with the amateur move of getting that thing caught. What's the situation, over?"

He looked to one of the men on Alpha Squad and ordered, "Go find Major Gutierrez and bring him and his second-in-command here ASAP."

Sal had only heard Tyler that furious once before, all those years ago when Hannibal Chau had gone power-hungry. It took a lot to get that man pissed, so whatever it is that's going on over there, it's got his blood boiling.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
Resized Image

Godzilla The King
Futurian

"That Katagiri? He's the next Hannibal Chau." Tyler's voice answered.

Emiko only knew that name from her father's experiences with him and one meeting back at Uncle Dirk's wedding. All she remembered was an angry man looking man, arrogant. Katsura eyes widened briefly before her panicked reply.

"How the hell did we not find this out earlier? Shinoda didn't tell us that!" She shrieked.

"He knew how to cover his tracks." Tyler muttered.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

"Well, we're going to be having another chat then with Shinoda. What more can you tell us about what's going on over there, Tyler? C'mon, we need information, any and all intel you and Simon were able to gather especially. There's no way Katagiri is operating S.C.A.R. alone."

Junior was seat only a couple feet away from the Marshall, listening intently. More than likely, he and his brother were going to lead the charge inside and he wanted to be ready for anything that would be inside...wherever it was that Mr. Cameron was. His mother was doing her best to keep Mrs. Cameron calm, and Emiko was right beside him, listening just as intently as he was for anything of value.
Resized Image

Godzilla The King
Futurian

"What I'm gathering is that Katagiri funds it, maybe he doesn't do it himself but he's clearly the boss. Everyone has the most recent military gear...these fuckers aren't going down easily." Tyler whispered. "We'll try to find out about his lackeys as we make our way out."

Simon tried to remember. "SCAR is only part of this...Katagiri is in charge but something else is there too...who?"

"I...I trust Shinoda." Katsura said after she calmed down.

Emiko looked towards the speaker and spoke. "The cultists at our base had less stuff...which means..."

Father had come to the same conclusion as his daughter.

"They were gauging our skill."
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

West Beach, Monster Island

Felix Banner was digging through the strange nectar-like gelatin with his hands. Chunks of the vaguely-gooey stuff smacked into the larger mass to his sides, the color of the gel becoming a golden-orange as he went further in.

The kaijuologist's hand brushed against something he hadn't expected. At first, it looked like a piece of pale driftwood caught in the gelatinous sugary glob. But as he dug around it, it began to look like some sort of insectoid limb. Almost like a flea, or some other...

"Dana! Shinoda!" He shouted, his arms elbow-deep in the golden pudding that had washed up on shore. "Take a look at this!"
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

"He can't be the only one...there's got to be someone else running the non-financial operations, there always is. Besides, I'm looking at documentation right now on Katagiri and this guy is definitely not a field man." Sal looked away from his data-pad and out towards the sea in thought, "Simon? Your boss and head of S.C.A.R. ... do you have any reason to believe he would be working alongside Katagiri?"

"Their equipment can't be anymore recent than ours," Sanchez scoffed. "After saving the world how many times, we've gotten contracts for using and testing experimental weaponry from quite a few nations, especially the main superpowers. On top of that, we've got our own gear that the rest of world hasn't come close to."

"Yeah, but if they were truly gauging our skills, then we can expect a better trained resistance then before." Junior pointed out, his arms crossed and his chin in his hand. "On the other hand, we didn't show our full hand, so they won't be expecting our more advanced gear."

Sal spared a glance at his son; it was likely more than that at play, but it was still an accurate evaluation. "Whatever the case, you guys get out as best as you can and commandeer a way home. One of you pilot it, the other go over the vehicle for any tracking devices. I don't plan on burying our own any time soon."
Resized Image

Godzilla The King
Futurian

"Katagiri? I have no idea how he is involved beyond funding us but I'm pretty damn sure he's in it more than that. Why else would he meet up with the boss directly?" Simon quickly replied.

"Unless he didn't want to piss him off. Katagiri might be their money but I'm sure this...you said your boss is a Chau right? If I know Hannibal right, this bastard must be ruthless." Tyler muttered.

"Kiro Chau. Never met him but I've heard some horror stories. That is not a guy you want to fuck with." Simon whispered.

"Kiro Chau, huh? I don't care if he knows our tactics or some shit, I'm gonna kick his ass." Emiko had a cocky energy in her voice.

"You don't know Chau, Emi. You've heard the stories but you haven't felt the evil of that man. What he did to your father..." Katsura stayed silent. "You can't just go in there unprepared for it."

"Is that another, I hear? Today just keeps getting weirder and weirder..." Shinoda muttered.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

"Dad, do you still have the files and records of Hannibal Chau's time here and during the time he escaped and went rogue?" Junior asked, getting an idea from both Emiko and her scolding mother.

Sal turned from the console for just a second, "Of course. We've got stuff on just about everything in the archives. Why?"

"I'm gonna need it to look over and train the others on what we could expect. If things are about to get hot, we gotta be ready, right Marshal?"

The elder Gutierrez nodded with a smile of approval, "That's right. Go ahead and do what you need to do."

Junior was about to head out the door when he turned and looked at Emiko and Sanchez, "What, you think I'm gonna do all of this by myself? Let's get to it!"
Resized Image

Godzilla The King
Futurian

"Right behind ya." Emiko said as she rushed out behind Junior.

Katsura was deep in thought after all the revelations and events that had transpired. She had briefly broken and was upset about that too. She wanted to know exactly what was going on...
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

"So," Owen turned to his father as he emptied his flask, "Any idea what we should do?"

"We? Owen, I'm half-tempted to send your butt home just to keep you out of this mess."

"Oh come on, you can't be serious!"

Dr. Hudson held up a finger, "You didn't let me finish. Part of me does want to send you home, but the only reason I'm not is because the other part of me is stressing that we're gonna need all the help we can get."
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Sal's comm went off and he listened to Dr. Hudson talk to Owen, the latter apparently accidentally activating his walkie talkie. Needless to say, he just felt a lightbulb shine over his head...

"Hey Doc, I got an idea if you're willing to listen," he started on a comm line directly to his old friend. "I'm hereby proposing a third unit, dubbed Gamma Squad, not for conflict or security but for research and development of any and all kaiju reports. The team will be composed of the Island's best and brightest, and I want you to lead them. They need an experienced leader, someone capable of both scientific work and keeping watch of the others...and that person is you. What do you say Ryan? Are you up for it?"
Resized Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Dr. Hudson was, understandably, caught off guard by the sudden proposition, but responded to the best of his ability, "Well, can't say I saw this coming... But what the hell, why not?"
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"