The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Vatarian wrote:I’m STILL technically around and STILL considering the merits of instigating a new RP.

After consideration, I think it would be.... Another take on a supernatural/horror RP. Albiet a lot more focused than previous incarnations of that genre have been on this board.

I’ve been inspired by both the new season of Castlevania, and by my own interest in gothic horror and the like resurging independantly of that.

It would hit a balance between “character-heavy” and “action-heavy”, with both a fair amount of time spent to developing the cast, and a decent chunk of things devoted to. Well. Extreme violence.

Of course, it’s all just a nascent thought, atm.

A Gothic supernatural horror RP...I'm in. What kind of supernatural we talking?
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

Gigantis
Kwaidan

Postby Gigantis » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:29 am

So i was thinking for a bit and i thought of an idea for an RPG. How would you guys feel if we made one for Jurassic Park: Chaos Effect? There's a lot of room to play with considering the storyline the toys had. We could create our own Hybrids,or other genetically engineered dinosaur monstrosities,and have a nice human segment along with it!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Postby EdGojira » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:59 pm

So with the sequel trilogy done with and spoilers abound, has anyone thought about another Star Wars RP?

I have a spitball where it's another alternate history type one like the one we had back around the first showing of the RPG Forum, but this time a "sequel reboot" where we start off with the basic set up in TFA and everything official which took place beforehand is canon but malleable, which could in theory set characters like Sabine and the Mandalorian in the sequel era and resurrect some of the more tragic losses.

I'd generally be game for a new Jurassic Park one too and honestly think it might be better because of the simpler lore, but that was just something on my mind. Also thought about an Alien/Aliens RPG, but not sure how to make the Xenomorph scary there.
Last edited by EdGojira on Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MinorBone Good
Yin-Yang Master

Postby MinorBone Good » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:30 am

I'm willing to do a Star Wars RP! I've got a few characters lined up for it.
Current Quatheral Population: 500!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 210!
Showcased Above: #174 Laricksu

The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Postby Loganrules115 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:19 am

Recently I had the idea of a Kaiju Academy RP, wherein the students learn how to pilot robots, fly planes, use psychic powers, and other abilities to combat giant monsters. It would be similar to RWBY, almost.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:58 am

Loganrules115 wrote:Recently I had the idea of a Kaiju Academy RP, wherein the students learn how to pilot robots, fly planes, use psychic powers, and other abilities to combat giant monsters. It would be similar to RWBY, almost.

That sounds pretty cool.

GmkGoji
JXSDF Technician

Postby GmkGoji » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:45 pm

Loganrules115 wrote:Recently I had the idea of a Kaiju Academy RP, wherein the students learn how to pilot robots, fly planes, use psychic powers, and other abilities to combat giant monsters. It would be similar to RWBY, almost.

Yes, that sounds like a really cool idea.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

VoyagerGoji
G-Grasper

Postby VoyagerGoji » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:29 am

I’m thinking of doing a very special kind of RP...

Godzilla: Into the Gojiverse!

It will have multiple Godzillas from different timelines, and multiples of every other kaiju. They will also be joined by the cast of the Ultraman, Gamera, Pacific Rim, Jurassic Films, and Middle Earth Films Just to name a few. Also the realm of Fan Characters will be deeply explored.

Anyone up for basically a better version of my previous RP?
We are Death. We are Destruction. The Destroyers of Worlds.
私たちは死です。私たちは破壊です。世界の駆逐艦。

Return to “RPG Forum”