The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
User avatar
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4054
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:42 pm
Location: Mushroom kingdom
Contact:

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by ernesth100 »

Any rpg's i can join? preferably something where i get to do battle.
Created My Own Superhero Universe
ErgonomicComics Wiki Updated Daily As Of 12•5•20

Looking For Aspiring Writers & Artists:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=29457


Calling It Now, GvKK, King Kong won't be an inch under 250 ft. Also Kong wins, just barely though, obviously.

User avatar
Kiryu2012
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6704
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Here, there, anywhere!
Contact:

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I most likely won't really participate due to my own laziness and procrastination, but any RPs ya'll recommend for me?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy poop man.
My DA

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4969
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Zarm »

Well, I personally think the Emergence: Kaiju Invasion rpg is pretty great! I think it's technically closed to new players at the moment, but we did just have a player dropout and are coming up on a fresh infusion of new human characters, so there may be an opening shortly...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

User avatar
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Location: My writing desk

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

I never knew we had a general RPG forum. :shock: How'd I miss this?
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

User avatar
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Location: My writing desk

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Removed at the SDCC's request.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

User avatar
Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4797
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Vatarian »

Mmmmmm I’ve been considering the idea of making a new role play here.

User avatar
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Location: My writing desk

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Vatarian wrote:Mmmmmm I’ve been considering the idea of making a new role play here.
I'm on board.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

User avatar
JAGzilla
Keizer
Posts: 8132
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by JAGzilla »

Emergence is top priority for me, but depending on what it is, I might be interested...?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

User avatar
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Location: My writing desk

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

After subjecting Vats to the torture of hearing my idea, Storm Birth is "officially" canceled as a roleplay due to having very little possibility for player decision. Just thought I'd announce this here.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

User avatar
Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4797
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Vatarian »

It wasn’t torture at all.

Still considering whipping some fresh bullshit all up into a Motherskreeonkin flurry in here, but I need to get the specificalities all lined up marching-band like in my head before I go doing rash things like committing or turning my mind to the matter of details.
Last edited by Vatarian on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Location: My writing desk

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Vatarian wrote:I need to get the specificalities all lined up marching-band like in my head before I go doing rash things like committing or turning my mind to the matter of details.
I'm on the fence between wanting to help you out and wanting to be surprised at the story...

Take your time. Delayed stories are pretty much guaranteed to be good when they drop, rushed stories are almost inevitably not.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

User avatar
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5657
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Godzilla165 »

I’ll have to wait until a little bit after Emergence gets nicely wrapped up (a story that good deserves a great ending, as far away as that is, fortunately), but I’ve got some ideas of my own stewing, especially one in particular. With New Beginnings in the perpetual state that it is right now because of my own crap, I think it’s time for something new... A fresh start that embraces the absurdity and the potential for a great deal of fun to be had. A completely clean slate. I’ve got a really good feeling about this one.

Stayed tuned ;)!
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image


Image

#BotM

User avatar
JAGzilla
Keizer
Posts: 8132
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by JAGzilla »

I've also been tossing around the idea of trying to restart the Jurassic Park RPG. The last attempt fell apart before it could get off the ground, but I feel like there's potential. The main issue is that almost everybody last time just wanted to play as an uncontrollable carnivore and focus on the action. If there's to be any chance of success, we'd need a sizable number of people prepared to play as diverse human characters (not just badass rangers) and commit to actually putting a long-term story together.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

User avatar
Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:21 am
Location: Earth

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

JAGzilla wrote:I've also been tossing around the idea of trying to restart the Jurassic Park RPG. The last attempt fell apart before it could get off the ground, but I feel like there's potential. The main issue is that almost everybody last time just wanted to play as an uncontrollable carnivore and focus on the action. If there's to be any chance of success, we'd need a sizable number of people prepared to play as diverse human characters (not just badass rangers) and commit to actually putting a long-term story together.
Count me in!
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

User avatar
JAGzilla
Keizer
Posts: 8132
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by JAGzilla »

This would be a ways off, of course. Emergence needs to wrap up before we can start another big project.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

User avatar
Beast Blood
Interpol Agent
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: The Great White North
Contact:

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Beast Blood »

Does th-
Zarm wrote:technically closed to new players at the moment
D'oh.

I guess I'll wait for that possible opening.
Image

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4969
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Zarm »

Beast Blood wrote:Does th-
Zarm wrote:technically closed to new players at the moment
D'oh.

I guess I'll wait for that possible opening.

You never know. It's been on a several-month hiatus, so to kickstart things, an infusion of fresh blood may be permissible. You can always PM KaijuCanuck, the one running the RPG, to check...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

User avatar
Beast Blood
Interpol Agent
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: The Great White North
Contact:

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Beast Blood »

Zarm wrote:You never know. It's been on a several-month hiatus, so to kickstart things, an infusion of fresh blood may be permissible. You can always PM KaijuCanuck, the one running the RPG, to check...
Shoor. I did PM Canuck about it before, asking if characters had to be human or if it could be a talking monster and asking him what the fighting system was like. And I also gave him my compliments for having a cool bear kaiju. lol

Think I'll cook up a little bio for a friendly floof I want to use and post it in the discussion thread so the players can let me know what they think. If he sounds fair and such. First, though, I need to spend 2 hours arguing with myself over what I should name him and then make it 99% a waste of time because I'd probably realize the very first name idea I came up with was fine.
Image

User avatar
Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4797
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Vatarian »

I’m STILL technically around and STILL considering the merits of instigating a new RP.

After consideration, I think it would be.... Another take on a supernatural/horror RP. Albiet a lot more focused than previous incarnations of that genre have been on this board.

I’ve been inspired by both the new season of Castlevania, and by my own interest in gothic horror and the like resurging independantly of that.

It would hit a balance between “character-heavy” and “action-heavy”, with both a fair amount of time spent to developing the cast, and a decent chunk of things devoted to. Well. Extreme violence.

Of course, it’s all just a nascent thought, atm.
Last edited by Vatarian on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kiryu2012
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6704
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Here, there, anywhere!
Contact:

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Vatarian wrote:I’m STILL technically around and STILL considering the merits of instigating a new RP.

After consideration, I think it would be.... Another take on a supernatural/horror RP. Albiet a lot more focused than previous incarnations of that genre have been on this board.

I’ve been inspired by both the new season of Castlevania, and by my own interest in gothic horror and the like resurging independantly of that.

It would hit a balance between “character-heavy” and “action-heavy”, with both a fair amount of time spent to developing the cast, and a decent chunk of things devoted to. Well. Extreme violence.

Of course, it’s all just a nascent thought, atm.
I like this idea.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy poop man.
My DA

Post Reply