Godzilla 1991 Spiral Ray

Discuss and analyze various feats!
g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Godzilla 1991 Spiral Ray

Post by g2vd »

Living Corpse wrote:So I always noticed the lightning on the spikes but only after now, after Gothschiller pointed it out to me that Godzilla 1991 had a sort of spiral ray.

I'm....speechless.

And it shows up in Godzilla Battle Legends.

And new info on the Spiral Rays of the Heisei Films.
KaijuX wrote:If LC wasn't posting that around, I would have. ;)

But you think the Spiral Breath (not to be confused with Spiral Ray) is crazy? I received this from someone who knows/owns some of the info books pertaining to everyone's favorite Spiral Fire Ray...

According to the post, all the Spiral Rays seen in each of the films are different from one another. The one seen in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II is called the Uranium Atomic Heat Ray (ウラニウム放射熱線); it has a temperature of 1.2 million degrees Celsius and can even burn Godzilla's mouth.
The one used in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla is known as the Burn Spiral Heat Ray (バーンスパイラル熱線) OR the Nuclear Fusion Heat Ray (融合反応熱線); has a temperature gauge that clocks in about 900 thousand degreees Celsius.
In Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, we have two more variants of the red beam (no temperatures recorded for either). The first is called the Burning Heat Ray (バーニング熱線) and is (presumably) used in the majority of the movie. The second version we get is known as the Infinite Heat Ray (インフィニット熱線), which I assume is the Spiral Ray used while Godzilla was melting.
Godzilla

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Re: Godzilla 1991 Spiral Ray

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Neat. Surprised I never noticed that.
KaijuX wrote:If LC wasn't posting that around, I would have. ;)

But you think the Spiral Breath (not to be confused with Spiral Ray) is crazy? I received this from someone who knows/owns some of the info books pertaining to everyone's favorite Spiral Fire Ray...

According to the post, all the Spiral Rays seen in each of the films are different from one another. The one seen in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II is called the Uranium Atomic Heat Ray (ウラニウム放射熱線); it has a temperature of 1.2 million degrees Celsius and can even burn Godzilla's mouth.
The one used in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla is known as the Burn Spiral Heat Ray (バーンスパイラル熱線) OR the Nuclear Fusion Heat Ray (融合反応熱線); has a temperature gauge that clocks in about 900 thousand degreees Celsius.
In Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, we have two more variants of the red beam (no temperatures recorded for either). The first is called the Burning Heat Ray (バーニング熱線) and is (presumably) used in the majority of the movie. The second version we get is known as the Infinite Heat Ray (インフィニット熱線), which I assume is the Spiral Ray used while Godzilla was melting.
Oh look. Maybe now people will admit I was right all along about Meltdown Godzilla having two different beams.

I am curious as to the specific source of this info, though.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Inferno Rodan wrote: Oh look. Maybe now people will admit I was right all along about Meltdown Godzilla having two different beams.
But Zilla Jr KaijuKing was apparently right all along about kaiju beams being in the millions of degrees. :P

*laughs maniacally and runs away before IR can catch me*
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Inferno Rodan wrote:I am curious as to the specific source of this info, though.
It's from "Godzilla 1954-2000 Super Complete Works" 「ゴジラ1954-2000超全集」. Got the book myself and can verify :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: But Zilla Jr KaijuKing was apparently right all along about kaiju beams being in the millions of degrees. :P

*laughs maniacally and runs away before IR can catch me*
I'm honestly surprised that there are official temperatures for these. This is really cool! I'm also surprised to see Toho made so many distinctions between the beams. I never thought the spiral breath used against MechaGodzilla would be stronger than the one used against SpaceGodzilla.

I made that claim thinking that tanking a nuclear explosion would require tanking a temperature of 100 million degrees C, but now I'm pretty sure that temperature occurs for only for a very, very tiny volume at the center of the explosion and only for a very tiny fraction of a second (less than a millisecond). Supposedly, a 20-kiloton airburst's surface temperature is just 300,000 degrees C after only a tenth of a millisecond (when its radius is still only 40 feet), and the surface temperature of the fireball then quickly cools to the tens of thousands of degrees. These spiral breaths' temperatures could reasonably hurt nuke-tankers without any contradiction (aside, of course, from the numerous physical inconsistencies with unleashing so much heat that fiction almost always glosses over). I got these numbers here.

It's also pretty cool how 1991 Godzilla had a blue spiral breath before Final Wars Godzilla did it.
GigaBowserG wrote: It's from "Godzilla 1954-2000 Super Complete Works" 「ゴジラ1954-2000超全集」. Got the book myself and can verify :)
Mind posting pictures if it's allowed?

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

GigaBowserG wrote:It's from "Godzilla 1954-2000 Super Complete Works" 「ゴジラ1954-2000超全集」. Got the book myself and can verify :)
Awesome, thank you.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Someone on Wikizilla said Heisei Godzilla's normal atomic breath has a temperature of 500,000 degrees Celsius according to the guidebook. Depending on the size and duration of the beam, that would give an energy equivalent of hundreds to thousands of Megatons of TNT for the normal atomic breath.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:Someone on Wikizilla said Heisei Godzilla's normal atomic breath has a temperature of 500,000 degrees Celsius according to the guidebook. Depending on the size and duration of the beam, that would give an energy equivalent of hundreds to thousands of Megatons of TNT for the normal atomic breath.
Read about the 500k Heisei breath on a Japanese site, too (in comparison, the Showa breath is 100,000 degrees Celsius).

By the by, the Spiral Breath is also used at the very end of the movie when Godzilla's underwater, but the spiral itself is nearly black as opposed to the light purple.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

GigaBowserG wrote: Read about the 500k Heisei breath on a Japanese site, too (in comparison, the Showa breath is 100,000 degrees Celsius).

By the by, the Spiral Breath is also used at the very end of the movie when Godzilla's underwater, but the spiral itself is nearly black as opposed to the light purple.
So this one has a stated temperature, too? Is the source for this one credible? Are there any more numbers?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:So this one has a stated temperature, too? Is the source for this one credible? Are there any more numbers?
From here : http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E6%94%BE%E5% ... B%E7%82%8E

All the names and numbers match up to all the books I have so far. I don't have any material regarding Showa G's breath temperature, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Just wish it would source them!
/crawls back under rock

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Does the book say anything about Godzilla 2000's atomic breath? It would be weird if a 1954-2000 Godzilla guidebook didn't have similar information for what was at the time the most recent Godzilla.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

The book was released not even a month after the film, so no, no info regarding G2000. All it has is a two-page fold-out, kind of like a mini-poster. Doesn't even show his atomic breath, only the most basic info. No sign of Orga, either.
/crawls back under rock

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

GigaBowserG wrote:The book was released not even a month after the film, so no, no info regarding G2000. All it has is a two-page fold-out, kind of like a mini-poster. Doesn't even show his atomic breath, only the most basic info. No sign of Orga, either.
Oh. I see. If only it did. I would have liked to see how the legendary orange atomic breath fared against the others.

Gallavant123
Samurai

Post by Gallavant123 »

This page claims that the spiral ray against Space Godzilla was three times more powerful than the uranium beam against Mechagodzilla, despite the former having a temperature 300000 degrees lower. It seems to support that temperature isn't the only factor in determining the strength of Godzilla's beams

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 258D%25A3)
Spoiler:
Hyper uranium heat ray (ultra-flame heat rays, red hot wire [106] )

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla in" Godzilla and Fire radon hot wire that was used as fusion. Its temperature has a two-fold amount of heat close of radiation heat ray 1 million degrees than, shoot-back the Mega Buster is entirely ignite the atmosphere around the Super Mechagodzilla devoured. Red hot wire so to speak is a danger signal that exceeds the limit of Godzilla, the white smoke comes out from the mouth of Godzilla is because the melting is Godzilla mouth with too much high fever. It can not be prolonged firing because it takes also a considerable burden on the body.

Translation 1:
Burn spiral heat ray

By the shoulder of the crystal of space Godzilla has been destroyed, it was shot to reverse absorb cosmic energy that was nowhere to go, spiral heat rays plus a cosmic energy. The quantity of heat but 900,000 degrees, destructive power in the firing of three times exceed the hyper uranium heat ray Space Godzilla and MOGERA boast the power of about at the same time to blow up.
Translation 2:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20746
Burn hot wire spiral [Note 16]
By crystal of shoulder space of Godzilla is destroyed, it was shot by inverse absorb the cosmic energy that has nowhere to go, and spiral heat rays were positive cosmic energy. Amount of heat's 900,000 times, destructive force in the launch of three times in as more than a hyper uranium heat ray Space Godzilla and MOGERA boast the power enough to blow up at the same time.

Translation 1:

Infinite heat rays (burning spiral heat rays, hyper hot wire [107] )
Meltdown in the spiral heat rays Godzilla began to has increased the through force alone, until Godzilla itself is dissolved in infinite power to rise. Destoroyah inflict a mortal wound on. And wearing a red lightning-like energy.
Translation 2:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20746
Infinite heat rays (burning hot wire spiral, hyper hot wire
Meltdown power rises infinitely Godzilla himself until dissolved in hot wire spiral with enhanced penetration Godzilla began to put the shot. Destroy A I inflicted a mortal wound on. I'm wearing the energy of red lightning-like.

Thoughts on its validity?

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

It seems awfully weird for them to choose to make the weaker beam hotter. I wouldn't trust Google translate 100%, either.

The meltdown heat ray "rising infinitely" is a blatant no limits fallacy.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Also I've just discovered that at certain times Godzilla actually has a small fragment of that Spiral Color throughout his regular beams, as you can see here.
Godzilla

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Yeah this 1991 spiral ray was used in Godzilla The Game ps4, which is how i actually learned of its existence. I didnt know it came from GvKG. Technically its the first time Godzilla had a purple like ray.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos