The Admiration Of Legion

Discuss and analyze various feats!
EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

The Admiration Of Legion

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Finally got off my ass and decided to do this :P.

Coming from an unknown section of the universe, the Legion are a formidable race of silicon - based life forms. Colonies of these creatures travel from planet to planet in an effort to spread their formidable kind. A group of these creatures landed on Earth, and began to wreck havoc on it's inhabitance. In this thread, I'll be chronicling the Queen Legion (who I'll refer to as Legion) and her swarm's most noteworthy feats pertaining to durability, strength, firepower, and other categories. I apologize up front for the poor quality of some of my screencaps. So, without further delay, let's begin.

Now, before I talk about Legion herself, I'll post this here regarding the heat output of Gamera's Mana Beam since I'll be referring to it throughout the rest of this post.

^The Mana Beam generated enough heat to vaporize a trench into the ground. And it did so indirectly; the beam never actually touches the ground. That is...a stupid amount of heat for an energy attack. Please keep that aforementioned info in mind as you read the rest of this post.

Strength:

Legion indirectly split a mountain by burrowing underneath it. Nuff said.

Speed: The Queen Legion is capable of tremendous bursts of speed. In her immature form, Legion burst out of the ground fast enough to break the sound barrier:

^Too fast for you to properly see her fly out of the ground, huh ;)? Yeah, that sort of speed is not achievable unless one is moving at supersonic speeds.

Later on, in her mature form, Gamera attempted to gore her with the bone spurs located on his elbows. Legion was able to skeeter back with surprising speed, about 100 meters in one second:

Weaponry
Electromagnetic Blasts: Low End: Legion's most prominent offensive attribute, the Electromagnetic Blasts consist of concentrated microwaves, fired in short bursts. The shear destructive power of these bolts of energy is staggering. Few kaijus have replicated the amount of collateral damage that Legion's beam has caused in single shots. (Comparison: Multiple shots from the Spiral Rays failed replicate even half the amount of Co. damage that the EM blasts generated with single shots).

At one point, Legion's beam is shown to have put a series of massive craters in the ground, one of which Gamera himself could have fit inside:

^ Note that the largest crater, located to the left of Gamera, is over 100 meters in diameter.
* Used the length of Gamera's shell (roughly 80 meters in length) + the length of his tail (roughly 20 meters in length) as a reference.

Its explosive power is further enhanced by the massive splash effect it occasionally produces:

This is what the splash damage is capable of:

An interesting little tidbit regarding the splash effect is that it appears to be something that Legion's beam takes on during her third appearance, specifically when she went up against the tanks. What this suggests is that Legion can modify the amount of energy her beam gives off; she adopted the crazier, splashy beam to adapt to an opponent that was much smaller and more numerous compared to Gamera. It's something interesting to think about.

Apart from being explosive, the EM blasts have shown to be immensely hot. During their first battle, Legion's beam instantly cauterized the shoulder wound it inflicted on Gamera. Furthermore, during their second bout, more than a full minute after Legion had fired one of her blast, Gamera walked up to her and ended up burning his hand by grabbing her horn.

In comparison, Gamera wasn't burned at all by a prolonged exposure to the Mana Beam. In other words, Legion's beam was hot enough to burn Gamera when the Mana Beam couldn't.

What's scary about all this? Those aforementioned feats aren't high end; their just the power levels that the EM blasts normally display.

Electromagnetic Blasts: High End

^Notice how Gamera, in particular the rim of his shell, is still completely intact despite having been ground zero at a Sendai-leveling explosion. Well...

...Yeah, it's not lookin so intact anymore. Now, am I suggesting the EM blasts are stronger than a city-leveling explosion? No, that'd be silly to propose. All this feat illustrates is that Legion's beam has demonstrably pierced through something that is otherwise very resistant to damage. Its a very impressive showing of penetrating ability. Still, I can somewhat understand if some don't take this feat with the utmost sincerity given the fact that the EM blasts never really display this level of piercing power anywhere else in the movie. I, myself, don't really like to bring it to face value in a debate unless similarly outlandish feats are brought up by the opposition.

Laser Whips: An attack that is, in many respects, a more effective weapon than the EM blasts, the laser whips are of strands of superheated energy that legion can repeatedly shoot out at an enemy. The purpose of these energized whips are to cut, pierce, and burn a target. Unlike her beam, Legion can control this attack with deadly accuracy; she was able to impale Gamera on several different occasions, and even appears to have a degree of telekinetic influence over them

^Note how Gamera, despite being impaled, does not bleed.

Yes, like Legion's Beam, the Whips were hot enough to cauterize the wounds they inflicted on Gamera, burning him when the Mana Beam couldn't. Legion's Laser Whips are a phenomenally dangerous attack; versatility and a crazy heat output make them quite lethal.

Legion Swarm: Arguably the Queen Legion's most dangerous and effective asset, the Legion Swarm is a horde of symbiotic creatures that act as workers and defenders for the Legion colony. Like their Queen, the swarm sees and communicates using the EM spectrum and, as such, the Queen Legion is able to summon them at will. As workers, they help to further spur along the launching of the Legion Pod. As defenders, they are quite brutal. Similar to the soldiers of an ant colony, the brood is capable of swarming any target they perceive as a threat to their colony. Said target is then subjected to hundreds of slashing appendages rapidly digging into their being.

^An interesting aspect of the swarm is that when they attack, they appear to produce an electric shock powerful enough to harm Gamera.

So exactly why is the swarm so dangerous, besides the obvious "being covered in Legion soldiers"? Well, to answer that question, let's make a comparison. As demonstrated earlier in this post, Gamera was impaled, through and through, by Legion's Laser Whips. To make matters worse, she left me them in Gamera for several seconds; Gammy was literally getting his insides cooked.

After she removes them, however, Gamera is able to not only stay on his knees, but get back up and continue fighting. That's right, despite how devastating the Whips were on Gamera's body, they failed to keep him down for any sort of extended period of time.

In comparison, the swarm not only succeeded in damaging Gamera, but did what the Laser Whips failed to do; keep Gamera down for a prolonged period of time. That is seriously impressive, especially when you tack on Gamera incredible resistance to damage.

Defense:

Shield Legs: The Queen Legion isn't all offensive. Her ten appendages surrounding the upper region of her body are capable of producing streams of EM energy capable of blocking, deflecting, and dissipating various ranged weapons. In the case of Gamera's plasma balls, the EM shield appears to have removed the ions within the plasma ball themselves, chemically breaking down the ball into almost nothing.

^Catches the fireball

^Begins to break it down...

^More...

^And More...

^Until there is nothing left.

Durability:
Definitely a more controversial issue, Legion's durability has oftentimes been cited as subpar due to the fact she had appendages blown off by conventional weapons. That, fortunately, is not the case; Legion's durability is stellar. First off, and to go back to a previous point, an immature Queen flew out of several feet of Earth, doing so at supersonic speeds. I'm having difficulty calculating the amount of friction that was generated (help in calculations is welcomed). However, from what I do know about the relationship between speed and friction, I am quite confident in the notion that the amount of frictional force on Legion's body was considerably, easily warranting it being labeled an impressive feat of durability. Exactly how impressive is, again, a mystery to me.

And now we come to Legion's arguably most impressive feat of durability, the Mana Beam. Right off the bat, her silicon armor withstood direct exposure to the full heat of the Mana Beam (about 20 secs) for an extended period of time. And considering how absurdly hot said Beam is, that is an incredible showcasing of heat resistance on Legion's part.

Notice the pulse ring it forms immediately after the beam strikes Legion; it's indicative of one of two things:
1) The Mana Beam has a considerable amount of explosive power to it or
2) The more likely scenario, the Mana Beam hit Legion hard enough to generate a large shockwave upon contact. And the Queen didn't appear to receive any noteworthy damage. That's damn impressive.

Silicon Article
"Silicon is a metalloid, readily either donating or sharing its four outer electrons and it typically forms four bonds. Like carbon, its four bonding electrons give it opportunities to combine with many other elements or compounds to form a wide range of compounds. Unlike carbon, it can accept additional electrons and form five or six bonds in a sometimes more labile silicate form. Tetra-valent silicon is relatively inert, but still reacts with halogens and dilute alkalis, but most acids (except for some hyper-reactive combinations of nitric acid and hydrofluoric acid) have no known effect on it."

^So yes, being composed of mostly silicon renders Legion, and her swarm, immune to a most acid types, since silicon does not react to most types of acids/acidic substances.

The Legion soldiers themselves actually have a noteworthy durability feat of their own. In an effort to remove the swarm, Gamera was plowing himself through numerous buildings; not a single soldier was removed. Basically, the swarm is capable of withstanding TREMENDOUS amounts of blunt trauma.

Needless to say, Legion is a powerhouse of a kaiju. Devastating weaponry, exceptional durability, and immense phsyical strength make the Queen an extremely dangerous adversary for most kaijus/mechs to take on. I can go over her weaknesses if there are enough people that want it. And, again, help would be appreciated in regards to the whole "bursting out of the ground" feat. But for now, just sit back and try to take in the shear awesomeness of the daikaiju known as:
* Here are links to a blog that gave a few interesting feats regarding Legion:
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b= ... ment209246
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b= ... ment204839
Last edited by EmperorGhidorah on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 25 times in total.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Admiration Of Legion

Post by Tomzilla »

Bravo! It's true Legion's tiny appendages are fragile by kaiju standards, which has been giving Legion a bad rep for years in fantasy discussions. But Legion is, make no mistake, a powerhouse. Overall, Legion is extremely resistant to heat based attacks, as demonstrated in EmperorGhidorah's screen captures of Legion resisting Gamera's Mana Beam for several seconds. I could go into greater detail, perhaps citing other feats, but I think EmperorGhidorah has done everything right here. I'm sure we'll be citing this thread in the not so distant future.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Excellent thread, not enough respect material for Gamera kaiju out there, and as someone who gets incredibly annoyed with the excessive amount of Gamera kaiju underhyping and bashing this was a great read.:)
Last edited by Kaltes-Herzeleid on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

I appreciate the fact that you guys found this thread worthy of your time. Thank you. And Tomzilla, if you have anything to add regarding the information I provided or something noteworthy that you discovered, please feel free to discuss it.
Last edited by EmperorGhidorah on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Very well put together. My only gripe with it is that, splitting mountains can be done by, more or less, every burrowing kaiju out there, so, don't really see how that's a great indicator of Legion's strength. Other wise, very good. At least this time, you weren't defending Legion with, "LEGON IS COL AND UNSTAPIBLE".
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

toho_guy01 wrote:My only gripe with it is that, splitting mountains can be done by, more or less, every burrowing kaiju out there, so, don't really see how that's a great indicator of Legion's strength.
It wasn't even a mountain. It was a hill smaller than Legion herself. Legion supporters really need to stop grasping at this particular straw in an attempt to make her look better.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Definitely a more controversial issue, Legion's durability has oftentimes been cited as subpar due to the fact she had appendages blown off by conventional weapons. That, fortunately, is not the case; Legion's durability is stellar. First off, and to go back to a previous point, an immature Queen flew out of several feet of Earth, doing so at supersonic speeds. I'm having difficulty calculating the amount of friction that was generated (help in calculations is welcomed). However, from what I do know about the relationship between speed and friction, I am quite confident in the notion that the amount of frictional force on Legion's body was considerably, easily warranting it being labeled an impressive feat of durability. Exactly how impressive is, again, a mystery to me.
I'm sorry, but I don't really think this stands out as part of Legion's durability argument. The reason being, there's another kaiju whose well known for burrowing through the ground at mach speeds, much faster than Legion. Going off of this logic, Megalon would be insanely durable... except no one goes around claiming Megalon is ungodly durable based on this. As we all know, Megalon's got at most, average showa durability.

And as IR said above, Legion split a small hill less than her own size apart. Not very impressive. And it's not even that hard to do. Just dig underneath something, and it will cave in. Showa Baragon could conceivably do the same thing, or Megalon. Anyone that can burrow can replicate the same feat.

And one last thing you forget to mention: Yes, Legion's EMP is very powerful, but you keep forgetting to say how inaccurate she is whenever she uses it. All that firepower means nothing if she can't hit with it, because everytime she uses it, she blinds herself. She only landed a glancing blow against an immobile, wide target with it. Every other time, it missed and the splash damage was all Gamera was hit by.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

I'm sorry, but I don't really think this stands out as part of Legion's durability argument. The reason being, there's another kaiju whose well known for burrowing through the ground at mach speeds, much faster than Legion.
So your logic is a durability feat is moot because another kaiju replicated it? Going by that line of logic, well...most kaiju durability feats are moot then. Kaijus tanking massive explosions, massive falls, hell, even the concept of daikaijus withstanding other daikaiju attacks. All of those feats are invalid, if we subscribe ourselves to your line of reasoning, since other giant monsters have done similar things.

And that doesn't make any sense.
Going off of this logic, Megalon would be insanely durable... except no one goes around claiming Megalon is ungodly durable based on this. As we all know, Megalon's got at most, average showa durability.
Yes, no one claims Megalon is ungodly durable because he has consistently shown a durability level well below that. No one claims he has stellar durability because the whole "burrowing at Mach speeds" feat is a HIGH SHOWING, an outlier. But that same logic doesn't apply to Legion; she has consistently shown a durability level that was demonstrated by the feat we're currently talking about.
And as IR said above, Legion split a small hill less than her own size apart. Not very impressive. And it's not even that hard to do. Just dig underneath something, and it will cave in.
So, you think burrowing underneath a rock will cause it to cave in? What? Though, I will concede that the rock formation was smaller than I originally thought.
Showa Baragon could conceivably do the same thing, or Megalon. Anyone that can burrow can replicate the same feat.
Nope. Ignoring the glaringly obvious difference in weight between the kaijus you mentioned and Legion, no other burrowing kaijus have done anything like Legion has.

And one last thing you forget to mention: Yes, Legion's EMP is very powerful, but you keep forgetting to say how inaccurate she is whenever she uses it. All that firepower means nothing if she can't hit with it, because everytime she uses it, she blinds herself. She only landed a glancing blow against an immobile, wide target with it. Every other time, it missed and the splash damage was all Gamera was hit by.
Ok.

A) Besides the one that grazed Gammy, all of her shots were near misses, except when Gamera actively interfered with her aim by tripping her up.

B) That massive splash effect that you talk about generated explosions larger than Gamera and sent streaks of superheated energy dancing all around Gammy. And its AOE is MASSIVE. Legion doesn't need to score a direct hit to drop you, as demonstrated by her first encounter with Gammy. Y'know, the larger-than-Heisei-Godzilla-sized craters that the EM blasts generated WITHOUT the absurd splash effect. The same ones that dropped Gamera when massive falls or being repeatedly impaled couldn't. XD

C) All she has to do is pin an opponent down and open fire at a truly point blank range (and yes, she tried this against Gamera). Even for someone like Legion, that'd be a hard shot to miss.

Also, why would I discuss her weaknesses/low showings in a respect thread, at least in my opening post?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Also, why would I discuss her weaknesses/low showings in a respect thread, at least in my opening post?
Simple: In order to paint a true fleshed out image of the character. Showing off her high points is nice and all, but it's only looking at one side of the coin. By not going over the weaknesses and issues that monster faces, you run the risk of showing something that isn't quite what it really is. As an example, suppose I did a thread like this for Biollante. All I showed were her impressive feats, like impaling Godzilla, forcing him to retreat with her acid, and regenerating everything thrown her way. If I left it at that, people would view her as an immortal, unstoppable monster, and not something that is actually quite slow and frail, and can theoretically be overwhelmed with enough firepower.

The point is, a good argument both goes over the points going for it, and the points going against it, in order to give people the full picture of what is going on.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Time for a little fact checking.

Legion burst out of the foot of Mt. Akayuki, which the film explicitly denotes. Numerous character dialogue, specifically from helicopter pilots that were tracking Legion's underground movements, corroborates this. Now here's where the information gets real juicy: Mt. Akayuki is 2,036 ft. So yes, Legion cracked a mountain, not a hill. A big mountain. Granted, Legion is clearly bigger than what remained of the mountain, but only because she just obliterated the damn thing.

By the way, the smallest mountain in the world is Mt. Wycheproof, with a height of 43 meters. Legion is 140 meters. So even if you wanted to argue that the mountain Legion decimated wasn't really Mt. Akayuki, you should probably stop insisting it was a hill.

So yeah, still a damn remarkable feat. If you think other burrowing kaiju are capable of replicating this impressive feat, please tell us in what movie they did this. I don't recall Megalon or Baragon ever splitting a mountain, or doing anything to the terrain that was anywhere near this level of power.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Giratina93 wrote: Simple: In order to paint a true fleshed out image of the character. Showing off her high points is nice and all, but it's only looking at one side of the coin. By not going over the weaknesses and issues that monster faces, you run the risk of showing something that isn't quite what it really is. As an example, suppose I did a thread like this for Biollante. All I showed were her impressive feats, like impaling Godzilla, forcing him to retreat with her acid, and regenerating everything thrown her way. If I left it at that, people would view her as an immortal, unstoppable monster, and not something that is actually quite slow and frail, and can theoretically be overwhelmed with enough firepower.

The point is, a good argument both goes over the points going for it, and the points going against it, in order to give people the full picture of what is going on.
This is not incorrect. However, this logic applies more so to something like actively trying to determine how powerful something/one is. That's not what this thread is really about. I'm simply presenting impressive feats preformed by Legion out of respect for the character. If I wanted to demonstrate how all-around powerful she is, I'd compare her strengths and weaknesses to attributes of other kaijus.

Also, if you'll notice, I did state that Legion does have weaknesses that I could go over; she, and her brood, do indeed have flaws. I have never, ever, proposed the idea that Legion was some unstoppable, invulnerable, right-hand-of-God daikaiju (types of words/phrases that have oftentimes been shoehorned into my mouth).
Tomzilla wrote:Time for a little fact checking.

Legion burst out of the foot of Mt. Akayuki, which the film explicitly denotes. Numerous character dialogue, specifically from helicopter pilots that were tracking Legion's underground movements, corroborates this. Now here's where the information gets real juicy: Mt. Akayuki is 2,036 ft. So yes, Legion cracked a mountain, not a hill. A big mountain. Granted, Legion is clearly bigger than what remained of the mountain, but only because she just obliterated the damn thing.

By the way, the smallest mountain in the world is Mt. Wycheproof, with a height of 43 meters. Legion is 140 meters. So even if you wanted to argue that the mountain Legion decimated wasn't really Mt. Akayuki, you should probably stop insisting it was a hill.
Ah, interesting.
So yeah, still a damn remarkable feat. If you think other burrowing kaiju are capable of replicating this impressive feat, please tell us in what movie they did this. I don't recall Megalon or Baragon ever splitting a mountain, or doing anything to the terrain that was anywhere near this level of power.
Well, taking into account how fast we know Megalon is capable of burrowing, he does have the potential to perform a similarly impressive feat. But yes, most other burrowing kaijus have never displayed anywhere near the level of shear physical prowess that Legion has, at least through their burrowing-related feats.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Based on discussions in the another thread, I thought I'd post here two adjustments to these figures...

Firstly- and this is a take-or-leave-it-as-you-will- but I do think that a number of these things benchmarked by what they could do to Gamera when the mana beam couldn't are not necessarily applicable. I am pretty sure that Gamera's entire chest splitting away and his internal organs (presumably) being shunted aside would be absolutely fatal if inflicted by an enemy. I think it is safe to say that while firing the mana beam, shrouded in mana power, Gamera took on an entirely different state of being in which his physicology was drastically altered and the normal rules of biological survival were suspended, sustained by the mana instead. Therefore, I think any potential damage that could be sustained from firing the mana beam could just as easily have been abrogated by the same supernatural energy that allowed his chest and inner workings to transform into a giant cannon. :) Presumably, if he were not the source of the mana beam, infused with mana, yet in the same proximity to it, he would have been just as badly-harmed as the ground.

If that be the case, he would not (and indeed, has been demonstrated not to) have that level of durability otherwise, hence damage inflicted on him by weapons and not the mana beam is not an accurate benchmark.

Secondly, and quite significantly, the EM blasts destructive properties. Now, I am not going to dispute some of these destructive feats. However, the fireballs frequently appear to be either the ignition of a fuel/munitions source (the fuel tanks at the airport, the fuel and munitions in the tanks) or the explosive damage that movies attribute to an EM pulse and electronics (in the city)- thus the actual blast-size is not always directly attributable to the EM pulse. I would say we have to take the one that hits the ground and explodes just behind Gamera (right after the first-ever use has struck him at the airport) as the general baseline, since these are actually doing the damage themselves rather than inciting some man-made structure with incendiary-potential to ignite.

Additionally, and even more importantly,a s discussed on the other thread, the EM blast does not leave kaiju-sized craters. Those are, presumably, where Legion burrowed out of, collapsed like mole-hills (including where the stabbing-arms came up). we can tell this because there are 4 craters, and at this point, the mana beam has only been fired twice. It is impossible to be the cause. One beam glanced off of Gamera and hit the ground behind him and to his right (his '4 or 5 o'clock'), while the second struck the ground directly in front of him and to the right (his 2 o'clock).

Where he is collapsed, there is no crater in front of him. And even if you assume he turned as he fell, the two nearest craters are in 'reverse' order- nearest one clockwise, the direct hit, is smaller than the next one clockwise, the glancing blow! Plus, there is an unaccounted for third, and a forth that is way off to Legion's right, which would have no cause at all. We are left to conclude that the cause of these craters cannot be the EM blast.

Due to both of these factors- and the fact that, as discussed, three of them only knocked down a wounded and bleeding Gamera for a minute or so, and later direct hits caused no discernible damage- I think we must conclude that the EM blast, while making a lot of big, flashy showings, and causing significant collateral damage to anything electronic or with incendiary potential, is not actually as devastating against other kaiju as was believed. Certainly still enough to take a chunk out of Gamera's shell, so it isn't nothing (and would have to be compared to other things- like Legion's arms stabbing him- that have managed the same; but discounting the mana-didn't-hurt argument, that is not a feat of stellar-impressiveness, either, and seems to be even a potential outlier based on alter hits)... but it also isn't as powerful as advertised based on the revised evidence.

Lastly, for durability, the missile damage feat (and Gamera manually tearing off the horn) must be considered- and one of the primary pieces of evidence against it is the wide disc, with the two proposed explanations being explsoive power or a shockwave from the mana beam. Iw ould offer a third- and while I don't claim it is definitive, Ithink it makes more sense and gives some consistency to the mana beam's power and Legions (low) durability:
Legon is using her EM shield. This disc effect is very simillar to the screenshots above it when the fireballs are dissipated. Legion is using her shield (with the mana beam flaming out across the disc in the screenshot). This is how, for several second, Legioon seems to impossibly withstand direct contact with a beam that is vaproizing the gorund; her energy sheild is blocking it. She remains in that state for several seconds, the force pushing (Gamera(?)) back- and then, her shield collpases- which is both why the beam sems to fire a second time or leap forward (this is it closing the final distance to Legion once the shield is down) and why Legion instantaneously goes from no apparent effect to suddenly exploding. The aman beam detonates her on contact (as the missiles did)- it just hadn't made contact until that moment, when it punched through her shield.

Again, this would seem to make her durability consistent; she is not particularly strong against an energy weapon, but her shield is fairly impressive, and must be circumvented in order to get to the 'vulnerable' creature behind it. Still impressive- but the strength lies in the power rather than in her body. (And explains why her body is indeed able to be thus-damaged by explosives and the like).
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

It wasn't even a mountain. It was a hill smaller than Legion herself.
A hill slightly taller then Godzilla took out Anguirus, King Caesar and Rodan.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
ROFL. Your hate for Final Wars is halarious.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Fucking prove me wrong. Godzilla didn't knock those guys out. The fucking mountain did.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

LamangoKaijura wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: A hill slightly taller then Godzilla took out Anguirus, King Caesar and Rodan.
skreeonking prove me wrong. Godzilla didn't knock those guys out. The skreeonking mountain did.
....where did I say you were wrong? Lmao. I just find it funny that you make fun of FInal Wars at every chance you get.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote: ROFL. Your hate for Final Wars is halarious.
skreeonking prove me wrong. Godzilla didn't knock those guys out. The skreeonking mountain did.
....where did I say you were wrong? Lmao. I just find it funny that you make fun of FInal Wars at every chance you get.
Like it doesn't deserve it? :dizzy:

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

LamangoKaijura wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: skreeonking prove me wrong. Godzilla didn't knock those guys out. The skreeonking mountain did.
Like it doesn't deserve it? :dizzy:
I dont look too deep into the plot of things. Its a fun movie in my opinion. A bunch of monsters getting their ass kicked by Godzilla is something entertaining to watch. They may of made some monsters look weak, but it was still an entertaining movie to watch.