Cyber-Godzilla, A Kaiju Reborn

Discuss and analyze various feats!
ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Cyber-Godzilla, A Kaiju Reborn

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

THREAD STATUS: COMPLETE

I've seen several comments on these forums downplaying Cyber-Godzilla from Godzilla: The Series as "the kaiju that was once killed by missiles," implying that even in his cyborg form he's still as fragile as his original form, which could not be further from the truth.

There are several instances definitively showing Cyber-Godzilla's impressive durability and even some decent fighting potential, examples that seem to be ignored because of prejudice against 1998 Godzilla/Zilla. It's about time we revisit the unfortunately missed potential that is Cyber-Godzilla.
Spoiler:
Durability

Again, there are people here who assume Cyber-Godzilla is still the fragile kaiju that was killed by ordinary human missiles. His durability is actually very impressive, being arguably one of the most durable monsters of the series.

This is Ts-Eh-Go, a mutant scorpion created by the military as a biological weapon.

He brushes off fire from tanks and missiles like it's nothing (just like most kaiju). However, the atomic breath from the Godzilla (hereafter referred to as "Zilla Jr." for clarity) he faced killed him easily.

Cyber-Godzilla survived multiple powerful blasts from this atomic breath, both to his armor (which survived with virtually no damage) and to exposed parts of his face.

(It takes him exactly 8 seconds to get back up and start fighting again after 10 seconds of sand-melting temperatures to the face. More on this later.)

This is an atomic breath powerful enough to slice through thousands of tons of rock to plug up a volcano in seconds and create a supercell storm in clear weather.

This kind of firepower could put down a lot of kaiju for good. Not Cyber-Godzilla!

Rapid Regeneration(?)

This one's uncertain, but one of the durability feats might suggest that Cyber-Godzilla has rapid regeneration.

The mutant Armillaria, which could regenerate limbs and heal wounds instantly, withstood concentrated laser fire to its main body.

The laser rifles of this show are strong enough to shoot through trees.

Zilla Jr.'s atomic breath was strong enough to overcome that regeneration and burn the Armillaria to ash.

Cyber-Godzilla was able to quickly get back up and start fighting after taking a sustained atomic breath to the face, with few to no signs of injury after being knocked unconscious (with burns on his face).

Firepower

Cyber-Godzilla has energy missile launchers mounted on his back plates that can rapid-fire Tachyon energy missiles.

The Tachyon missiles are strong enough to kill the Queen Bee, who survived a mountain-destroying volcanic explosion.

These missiles can be powered-up to create some devastating explosions.

That's a pretty big dust cloud that missile caused (if it had been caused by Zilla Jr.'s digging, we would see dust clouds like this every time he digs, but this is the only time a dust cloud like this appears).

Cyber-Godzilla is also armed with an atomic breath similar to Zilla Jr.'s except blue in color.

Admittedly, we don't have many (if any) examples of Cyber-Godzilla's atomic breath's power, but that must have been a big explosion to be visible from that angle.

(As for the building, we see the blast hit for only a split second, so we don't know the extent of the damage to the building, but the same thing happens with Zilla Jr.'s atomic breath in another shot, and that breath has already proven its true strength time and time again.)

Agility

Cyber-Godzilla retains the speed and agility of his previous form.

He's fast enough to dodge and shoot down missiles moments before they hit him.

Bite

Now, we don't really see Cyber-Godzilla take down any enemies aside from the Giant Bat, and Zilla Jr. was fast and skilled enough to dodge all of his attacks, but Cyber-Godzilla had a bite attack in his previous form that could come in handy.

(Wait a second, how was he killed by missiles after he was unaffected by helicopters exploding inside his mouth?)
Simply put, Cyber-Godzilla has real potential, but his only true battle was against his own offspring, who was much more battle-experienced than Cyber-Godzilla. The creators of the series really could have done more to showcase Cyber-Godzilla's power (and they should have considering he was the highlight of the show's first season).

So, what can we take away from all of this? The Tachyons really knew what they were doing!
Last edited by ZillaJr-KaijuKing on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Godzelda
Interpol Agent

Re: Cyber-Godzilla, A Kaiju Reborn

Post by Godzelda »

Good RT, only objection I have is that calling that storm from the episode with the ice monster a "hurricane" is a bit of a huge exaggeration... a more accurate term would be "swirly cloud" (that's proper meteorological terminology, true story).
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaLord »

The bite feat ain't really that impressive, given how many other Kaiju could have done it. And yes, piercing missles has potential to do more damage.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."
GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.
No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

I made a calculation for the scene that inolves Cyber-Zilla getting blasted high into the air.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl ... to_The_Air

Force: 40,624,800,000 Newtons
Pressure: 1.213 Giganewtons/m^2

This might be more force per square meter than a massive ordnance penetrator, at least based on this comment (SPOILERS for Shin Godzilla). Can anyone confirm?