Respect HeiseiGoji

Discuss and analyze various feats!
User avatar
GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:31 pm
Location: Court of Azathoth

Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby GodzillaLord » Sun May 03, 2015 9:13 am

It has come to my attention that recently, that aside from big universes with planet busters, life wipers and omnipotent beings, that out of the millions of works of literature, comics, anime and television, The Kaijuverses are Mid to High Tier, especially the Ultra and Godzilla Heisei Universes. However i have noticed that one Godzilla has been bashed unfairly in the fantasy matches thread. Heisei Godzilla is a powerhouse, yet he is constantly questioned as being sub-par to the likes of Showa Godzilla and Legendary Godzilla, both of which are still powerhouses, yet not as powerful in my mindset. Here are some feats of the Heisei Godzilla.

Strength:
-Lifted and threw a heavier Mechagodzilla (150,000 Tons)
-Bit through Battra's neck
-Lifted and smashed Ghidorah against the ground with minimal strain
-Choked Rodan and brutalized him close up

Durability:
-Survived the intense heat and crushing pressure of the Earth's mantel
-Can survive at the bottom of the ocean at crushing deaths for months
-Cells that formed Spacegodzilla, survived in a Black Hole
-Took the full of mass of King Ghidorah stomping on him (King Ghidorah is 70,000 to 75,000 Tons)
-Tanked a lot of Corona beams, which dismantled M.O.G.U.E.R.A
-Shrugged off countless barrages of King Ghidorah's firepower, which caused the surrounding area to erupt in explosions
-Survived multiple Mega Buster Rays from Mechagodzilla, shrugging them off with a bit of annoyane

Firepower:
-Radiates excessive heat, capable of steaming the air in the Spacegodzilla fight
-In the fight with Ghidorah, the explosive force alone on a direct hit, caused the ground below to explode outward
-Nuclear Pulse sent and large and heavy King Ghidorah falling on his ass
-Had the cutting power to shear through King Ghidorah's head, ehich given his size, was denser then some buildings
-With the spiral ray, he was able to injure and force Spacegodzilla to explode, the same entity who's cells survived in a blackhole
-Was capable of destroying Mechagodzilla with a few Spiral Rays, who was coated with diamond
-Melted the Super X2's weaker diamond armor with standard beams

Intelligence:
-Seems to know when to stay at a distance.
-Mourned his son's death and became vengeful,something uncommon in non-mammals

Rage:
-In his fight with Destoroyah it seemed to bolster his fighting capabilities

Regeneration:
-Quickly regenerates deep cuts
-Likley helped in when he was in a Volcano for 4 years
-Increases his durabilty
-Can possibly regenerate limbs, though this is debateable.


Final Words: There you have it folks. Heisei Godzilla may be the most durable and physically strongest Godzilla, sure he ain't a great melee fighter like Showa or Legendary Godzilla, yet he is stronger and a hell of a lot tougher. He has high level animal intelligence, incredible firepower and is all around a badass. He does have his shortcomings and weaknesses, yet he makes up for it in rawpower.
Last edited by GodzillaLord on Mon May 04, 2015 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."

GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.


No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Godzelda » Sun May 03, 2015 11:57 am

Damn, you beat me to it! Well, it won't be long before the flame war begins. Have fun!
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:31 pm
Location: Court of Azathoth

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby GodzillaLord » Sun May 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Godzelda wrote:Damn, you beat me to it! Well, it won't be long before the flame war begins. Have fun!


What flame wars?
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."

GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.


No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Godzelda » Sun May 03, 2015 5:14 pm

GodzillaLord wrote:
Godzelda wrote:Damn, you beat me to it! Well, it won't be long before the flame war begins. Have fun!

What flame wars?

There are a lot of people around here with a raging hate boner for the Heisei series, and some who find any excuse they can to sweep anything impressive that Heisei monsters do under the rug (although the same is true for Godzilla monsters in general to some degree). There's a good chance that they will soon come to this thread to yell about how most of these feats either aren't impressive for some convoluted reason or are outliers.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:31 pm
Location: Court of Azathoth

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby GodzillaLord » Sun May 03, 2015 5:31 pm

Godzelda wrote:
GodzillaLord wrote:
Godzelda wrote:Damn, you beat me to it! Well, it won't be long before the flame war begins. Have fun!

What flame wars?

There are a lot of people around here with a raging hate boner for the Heisei series, and some who find any excuse they can to sweep anything impressive that Heisei monsters do under the rug (although the same is true for Godzilla monsters in general to some degree). There's a good chance that they will soon come to this thread to yell about how most of these feats either aren't impressive for some convoluted reason or are outliers.


Sadly your right. I personally loved the Heisei Era of films. Not to be biased, i loved the showa ones, but besides Gojira(1954), The Heisei Films had all around better stories, characters and monster designs, still i love Showa and millenium. However the Heisei Monsters are a good deal more powerful then any Showa Monster aside from Hedorah.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."

GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.


No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby g2vd » Mon May 04, 2015 3:53 am

This article is rather well done though there are a few problems with it.

- The Spiral Ray basically did nothing, SG was going to explode anyway his energy was out of control Godzilla could of stared at SG and it would of been the same.

- In truth the only reason G's beam decapitated Ghidorah, was because the Nuclear pulse weakened his body "But is that bad no, it shows the power of the pulse" but do remember Ghidorah was biting Godzilla and strangling him with his neck so that was the reason why the pulse was able to do that much damage.

- Another reason the Spiral rays did so much damage, was because the Diamond armor was already melting from the heat generated by Fire Rodan's sacrifice of course the massive power and heat of the Spiral Ray finished the job.

- If I remember correctly, Godzilla didn't shrugg off MG's Crusher beams he was clearly affected by them.
- Why didn't you mention that he lived in a volcano for 4 years.

- Why didn't you mention that when he was 80 Meters, he was able to melt the Super X 2's fire mirror which was coated with a weaker form of MG's Diamond armor.
Godzilla

User avatar
GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:31 pm
Location: Court of Azathoth

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby GodzillaLord » Mon May 04, 2015 4:49 am

Thank you for the criticism, however i can refute a few of your points.

1. Got me there.

2. I don't know i'd still say he was more durable then some buildings in the neck regions alone.

3. Mechagodzilla wasn't melting at any very noticeable pace, it is present, yet i think a good deal of the damage was from the spiral beams.

4. In the first fight he seemed to shrug them off as annoyances, they didn't really halt his advance as much as they just made him pause, sure he wailed, but he seems to emit the same wail when he's readying himself for combat, it's called a growl, for those people who are going to say "But he wailed in pain"

5. I did, Earth's mantel feat.

6. Yeah that's a good point. I'll add it.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."

GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.


No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby g2vd » Mon May 04, 2015 7:01 am

3.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRw5e8fb2w

- Also for a strength feat we have Godzilla choking Rodan.
Godzilla

User avatar
GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:31 pm
Location: Court of Azathoth

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby GodzillaLord » Mon May 04, 2015 9:37 am

g2vd wrote:3.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRw5e8fb2w

- Also for a strength feat we have Godzilla choking Rodan.


Thanks.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."

GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.


No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Godzelda » Mon May 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Some more good feats.

Strength:
-Slammed Battra into the sea floor with enough force to shift tectonic plates.
-His physical attacks were able to do considerable damage to Mechagodzilla.
-I've heard that he pushed over a rather large skyscraper with one hand in G84, don't quote me on that though.

Durabilty:
-Survived the blast that destroyed Birth Island, which he was most likely at the epicenter of considering the energy given off by his body triggered it (probably the best feat in the Heisei series, and perhaps even any Godzilla film).
-Shrugged off MG's Mega-Buster ray being fired into his mouth.

Firepower:
-The explosion caused by the clash between his beam and the Mega-Buster had enough force to knock him over from ~100 meters away.
-Godzilla Jr.'s Atomic Ray, which is probably considerably weaker than the adult's, blasted back the Flying Destoroyah, whose weight was the same as his own, an impressive distance.
-The Spiral Ray blasted M.O.G.U.E.R.A., who I'm pretty sure is made from the same armor as MG (minus the diamond coating, of course), to bits in just two hits (this means these ones were probably more powerful than the ones used in GvsMG2).

Intelligence:
-He appeared to learn from the above-mentioned beam clash and braced himself the next time it happened, as the explosion from the clash between the Spiral Ray and the Mega-Buster didn't knock him down despite the more powerful beam and the shorter distance between himself and the blast.

Regeneration:
-Regen'd in seconds from Biollante's spear tendril impaling his hand- meaning his bones heal just as fast as his flesh.

EDIT: Organized all these feats by category.


Also, this is the second time I've heard someone say that the Spiral Ray did nothing to SG... that makes no sense. The regular Atomic Ray clearly hurt him, and, although SG was already near death when the Spiral Ray was used on him, his body was presumably still just as durable as ever. The effect the Spiral Ray had on his body appeared more dramatic than any beam, perhaps even the Plasma Grenade, had on Godzilla's, so I still consider it very impressive. I think that, if Big G had hit SG with it while he was still in fighting condition, it would have at least made him fall over. The reason he used it only as a finisher is presumably because SG could have blocked it with his energy shield, and it would have just been a lot of wasted energy (plus, I keep thinking that Godzilla was only able to use the Spiral Ray then by absorbing the energy from SG's destroyed fortress, but I might be remembering wrong).
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3698
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Inferno Rodan » Mon May 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Godzelda wrote:Also, this is the second time I've heard someone say that the Spiral Ray did nothing to SG... that makes no sense. The regular Atomic Ray clearly hurt him, and, although SG was already near death when the Spiral Ray was used on him, his body was presumably still just as durable as ever. The effect the Spiral Ray had on his body appeared more dramatic than any beam, perhaps even the Plasma Grenade, had on Godzilla's, so I still consider it very impressive. I think that, if Big G had hit SG with it while he was still in fighting condition, it would have at least made him fall over. The reason he used it only as a finisher is presumably because SG could have blocked it with his energy shield, and it would have just been a lot of wasted energy (plus, I keep thinking that Godzilla was only able to use the Spiral Ray then by absorbing the energy from SG's destroyed fortress, but I might be remembering wrong).

Not in the mood to go through the rest of your post, but I'm gonna clarify on this.

You need to differentiate between "hurt" and "damage." You can hurt someone all day without damaging them. Godzilla's regular beam never damaged SG, barring one instance where it further damaged one of his already destroyed shoulder crystals.

As for why Godzilla didn't use his Spiral beam earlier, the reason is simply that he couldn't. He's incabable of using it at will under normal circumstances. He's only able to use it when his energy spikes, be it from an external source (GvsMG2, GvsSG), or an internal one (GvsD). When SG's crystals were destroyed his energy started running out of control, and Godzilla absorbed some of the excess.

And for the record, I do think Heisei Godzilla is one of the strongest Godzillas, if not THE strongest (ignoring Keizer Godzilla, since that's a temporary powerup). But you don't need to blow poop out of proportion and say ridiculous things like he "slammed Battra into the sea floor with enough force to shift tectonic plates" for that to be the case.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Godzelda » Mon May 04, 2015 6:23 pm

It's about time!
Inferno Rodan wrote:You need to differentiate between "hurt" and "damage." You can hurt someone all day without damaging them. Godzilla's regular beam never damaged SG, barring one instance where it further damaged one of his already destroyed shoulder crystals.

Didn't really say anything about "damage." Although, why do you say it didn't damage him? If it's just that it didn't leave visible marks on him, hardly any beams ever seem to do that in the Heisei series (and most Godzilla movies, really), not even the Plasma Grenade (except when it was used on Rodan at point blank range), but that clearly damaged Godzilla. With Hesiei Goji and his ilk, it's probably just because they regenerate the damage really quickly. The Atomic Ray didn't do a lot to SG, but it still definitely harmed him, otherwise why did he keep blocking it with his energy shield?
Inferno Rodan wrote:As for why Godzilla didn't use his Spiral beam earlier, the reason is simply that he couldn't. He's incabable of using it at will under normal circumstances. He's only able to use it when his energy spikes, be it from an external source (GvsMG2, GvsSG), or an internal one (GvsD). When SG's crystals were destroyed his energy started running out of control, and Godzilla absorbed some of the excess.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Inferno Rodan wrote:But you don't need to blow poop out of proportion and say ridiculous things like he "slammed Battra into the sea floor with enough force to shift tectonic plates" for that to be the case.

But that did happen... he slammed Battra into a fault line with enough force to make the tectonic plates that met at that point shift, opening up a rift to the Earth's mantle.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
EmperorGhidorah
G-Grasper
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby EmperorGhidorah » Mon May 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Godzelda wrote:But that did happen... he slammed Battra into a fault line with enough force to make the tectonic plates that met at that point shift, opening up a rift to the Earth's mantle.


Dude, this is ridiculous.

If Heisei Godzilla was really slamming Battra into the earth with that amount of force, the earth beneath them should have been shattered and there should have been massive tidal waves striking the coast.

...Which didn't happen. Meaning Godzilla did not cause that eruption. Godzilla and Battra just happened to be fighting at the same time an underwater eruption occurred and they were consumed by it.
"IF YOU CAN'T WIN THE GAME, IF YOU CAN'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE,
YOU'RE JUST A LOSER."


"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Godzelda » Mon May 04, 2015 6:56 pm

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
Godzelda wrote:But that did happen... he slammed Battra into a fault line with enough force to make the tectonic plates that met at that point shift, opening up a rift to the Earth's mantle.


Dude, this is ridiculous.

If Heisei Godzilla was really slamming Battra into the earth with that amount of force, the earth beneath them should have been shattered and there should have been massive tidal waves striking the coast.

...Which didn't happen. Meaning Godzilla did not cause that eruption. Godzilla and Battra just happened to be fighting at the same time an underwater eruption occurred and they were consumed by it.

Oh, yeah, sorry, I forgot for a second about how realistic Godzilla movies are.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3698
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Inferno Rodan » Mon May 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Godzelda wrote:not even the Plasma Grenade (except when it was used on Rodan at point blank range), but that clearly damaged Godzilla.

It tore into Godzilla's chest the very first time he was struck by it.

The Atomic Ray didn't do a lot to SG, but it still definitely harmed him, otherwise why did he keep blocking it with his energy shield?

Because why let yourself be struck by something, even if you know it won't harm you, when you can block/avoid it completely?

Godzelda wrote:Oh, yeah, sorry, I forgot for a second about how realistic Godzilla movies are.

That's no reason to completely ignore lack of collateral damage, dude.

It's a 20,000 ton mass, rather slowly hitting the ground. There is no way in hell that's powerful enough to do what you're suggesting.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

User avatar
EmperorGhidorah
G-Grasper
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby EmperorGhidorah » Mon May 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Godzelda wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:
Godzelda wrote:But that did happen... he slammed Battra into a fault line with enough force to make the tectonic plates that met at that point shift, opening up a rift to the Earth's mantle.


Dude, this is ridiculous.

If Heisei Godzilla was really slamming Battra into the earth with that amount of force, the earth beneath them should have been shattered and there should have been massive tidal waves striking the coast.

...Which didn't happen. Meaning Godzilla did not cause that eruption. Godzilla and Battra just happened to be fighting at the same time an underwater eruption occurred and they were consumed by it.

Oh, yeah, sorry, I forgot for a second about how realistic Godzilla movies are.


We have to inject some sort of logic into these things otherwise it's impossible to have any sort of reasonable discussion.

Collateral damage is still pretty accurately reflective on the type of force that is exerted in these movies. Except in this particular scene which means that, again, Godzilla did not cause any shifts in the tectonic plates.
"IF YOU CAN'T WIN THE GAME, IF YOU CAN'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE,
YOU'RE JUST A LOSER."


"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Godzelda » Tue May 05, 2015 5:35 pm

You two do realize that an earthquake/volcanic eruption big enough to open up a rift all the way to the mantle would definitely cause some big tsunamis in reality, right? So, the fact that there weren't any when Godzilla slammed Battra into the sea floor doesn't prove anything, since there also should have been some when the rift opened up, yet there weren't. Because it's, you know, a movie. The rift opened up right after the slamming, and, as far as I'm concerned, that wasn't meant to be a coincidence.

Also...
EmperorGhidorah wrote:Collateral damage is still pretty accurately reflective on the type of force that is exerted in these movies.

Resized Image
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3698
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Inferno Rodan » Wed May 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Godzelda wrote:You two do realize that an earthquake/volcanic eruption big enough to open up a rift all the way to the mantle would definitely cause some big tsunamis in reality, right? So, the fact that there weren't any when Godzilla slammed Battra into the sea floor doesn't prove anything, since there also should have been some when the rift opened up, yet there weren't. Because it's, you know, a movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_Ridge

You are incorrect, good sir.

The rift opened up right after the slamming, and, as far as I'm concerned, that wasn't meant to be a coincidence.

And a freaking volcano suddenly formed when Sanda and Gaira were fighting. Do you thing they're so godly powerful that the force of their stomping feet caused that as well?

Also...
EmperorGhidorah wrote:Collateral damage is still pretty accurately reflective on the type of force that is exerted in these movies.

Resized Image

He's right though, and if you can't grasp such a simple concept as that you might as well just stay out of the FMs.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Godzelda » Thu May 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Inferno Rodan wrote:
Godzelda wrote:You two do realize that an earthquake/volcanic eruption big enough to open up a rift all the way to the mantle would definitely cause some big tsunamis in reality, right? So, the fact that there weren't any when Godzilla slammed Battra into the sea floor doesn't prove anything, since there also should have been some when the rift opened up, yet there weren't. Because it's, you know, a movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_Ridge
You are incorrect, good sir.

Can you point me to what part of that article supposedly proves me incorrect? Because I didn't see anything about a giant rift all the way to the mantle opening up and somehow not causing any tsunamis.
The rift opened up right after the slamming, and, as far as I'm concerned, that wasn't meant to be a coincidence.

And a freaking volcano suddenly formed when Sanda and Gaira were fighting. Do you thing they're so godly powerful that the force of their stomping feet caused that as well?

Weren't they swimming on the ocean's surface when that happened? Anyways, in the Godzilla vs Battra fight, it's not like the eruption/earthquake/whatever just happened randomly in the middle of the fight with no correlation; Godzilla slams Battra into the ground, which causes lots of shaking and rumbling, which continues after he's stopped, and then the rift opens up seconds later. In my view, that's clearly meant to show that Godzilla triggered it. You don't have to look at it the same way, but you can't make me look at it your way either (unless you have a really convincing argument).
Also...
EmperorGhidorah wrote:Collateral damage is still pretty accurately reflective on the type of force that is exerted in these movies.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/467726 ... hter-o.gif

He's right though, and if you can't grasp such a simple concept as that you might as well just stay out of the FMs.

Ah, there's that Toho Kingdom hospitality! "He doesn't think the same way I do, he must just be dumb!"

Obviously, I do grasp the concept that, supposedly, the collateral damage seen in Godzilla movies is realistic and the filmmakers intended for it to be totally reflective of how powerful the monsters are. That's why I laughed at it. If the collateral damage in these films was realistic, there would be huge craters and devastating shockwaves every time a monster fell any appreciable distance, just for one example. Plus, there are numerous feats throughout the series showing that Godzilla and other monsters have nuke-level durability, which I'm not going to ignore just because the filmmakers decided not to blow up the whole set every time a monster fires a beam. Countless other works of fiction have characters throwing around attacks that are capable of hurting nuke-tanking characters without causing much collateral damage, and I see no reason why I should consider Godzilla movies any different.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3698
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Postby Inferno Rodan » Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Godzelda wrote:Plus, there are numerous feats throughout the series showing that Godzilla and other monsters have nuke-level durability, which I'm not going to ignore just because the filmmakers decided not to blow up the whole set every time a monster fires a beam.

Resized Image

Welp, we're done here.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma


Return to “FM Analysis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest