Respect Toonzilla

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Respect Toonzilla

Post by Tomzilla »

Within the Godzilla online community, it’s a well-known fact that the first American Godzilla is held with bitter contempt, to the point where the creature has been called GINO (Godzilla In Name Only) since its 1998 premiere. One main reason why GINO isn’t respected by fans is because of how weak he was portrayed, especially when compared to his Japanese Godzilla counterparts.

That’s what makes Toonzilla (Godzilla: The Series) unique. Unlike his frail father, Toonzilla actually deserves being called Godzilla. With that said, I’ll be referring to him as Toonzilla in this thread to avoid confusion. I’ll be analyzing his most impressive feats in several different categories.

THREAD STATUS: COMPLETE

Without further ado, it’s time to show a little respect for…

TOONZILLA

INTELLIGENCE
Whether he’s following commands or deploying impressive strategies in the heat of battle, Toonzilla is a very smart monster. In just about every episode, expect Toonzilla to display intelligence that is roughly on par with Showa Godzilla.

One of Toonzilla’s most intelligent moments happened in the second episode. Toonzilla swam to the bottom of the ocean, and created a whirlpool that was strong enough to raise lost ships and human survivors to the surface – liberating them in the eyes of the world. Toonzilla was smart enough to know that these people needed saving, much to the surprise of H.E.A.T. and the United States army.

On a more endearing note, Toonzilla is capable of making moral decisions, as demonstrated when he freed Nessie’s offspring from bondage.

The fact Toonzilla is even capable of showing and understanding concepts like morality and empathy goes to show you that all this is just, “the tip of the iceberg.”

FIREPOWER
Unlike his weak predecessor, Toonzilla has an extremely hot projectile known as his Thermonuclear Breath. Why is it so dangerous? Read on.

With his arms wrapped up, Toonzilla shot a quick burst of his Thermonuclear flames at C-Rex, blasting apart its tentacles.

While fighting in the heart of a volcano, Toonzilla refused to let Queen Bee escape without saying goodbye. If you’re having trouble seeing Queen Bee, look above Toonzilla’s head. Now look at the volcanic rocks jutting out of the lava to her right. These rocks, when compared to Queen Bee’s size in conjunction to Toonzilla’s own, are bigger than Toonzilla himself. Why does any of this matter?

It matters because Toonzilla’s Thermonuclear Breath blasted these lava-resistant rocks to pieces.

This is a shot of Toonzilla’s Thermonuclear Breath blazing through Quetzalcoatl’s nest, which was dense enough to support her monstrous weight.

^ Here we see Quetzalcoatl falling into the mouth of a volcano.

And here we see Toonzilla blasting apart enough rock, many of which were kaiju-sized, to successfully plug the mouth of a volcano. This is arguably Toonzilla’s best Thermonuclear feat, as the amount of power it would take to do this, especially in the short amount of time it took, is beyond impressive.

Toonzilla’s Thermonuclear fire is hot enough to turn sand to glass. This means Toonzilla’s flames, at the very least, burn at 1,700 degrees Celsius.

This is a shot of Toonzilla’s Thermonuclear breath obliterating a Leviathan spaceship, which was durable enough to withstand atmospheric reentry.

There’s more to Toonzilla’s breath than just heat. It also packs quite a punch, as demonstrated when it blasted Cyber-Godzilla and the Giant Spider back.

On multiple occasions, Toonzilla’s fiery breath proved to be chemical in nature, as it set ocean surfaces ablaze.

Toonzilla’s Thermonuclear fire burned through Lizard Slayer 1’s titanium armor. Titanium melts at 1,750 degrees Celsius. This once more proves Toonzilla’s fiery breath is extremely hot.

Quick exposure to Toonzilla’s flames forced El Gusano, a truly massive monster, to rapidly shrink in size. Within seconds, El Gusano was human sized. While El Gusano originally had an aversion to heat, it’s not an actual weakness. This was aptly demonstrated at end of Monster Wars Part 1, when El Gusano burrowed out of the side of an active volcano.

Toonzilla’s flames were hot enough to do what a fiery volcano couldn’t: rapidly shrink El Gusano down in seconds.

And yes, Toonzilla’s Thermonuclear breath utterly trashed tanks.

STRENGTH

It’s nice being one of the smartest giant critters in class, and possessing an extremely powerful heat ray helps too. But just how strong is Toonzilla? Surprisingly, Toonzilla has a host of very impressive strength feats under his tail.

During one of his fights with Cryptocleidus, Toonzilla smashed through an underwater mountain. Given the thickness of the rocks, this is a great showcase of strength.

Toonzilla hit the Crackler so hard, it sent the beast hurtling into Met’s Stadium.

Keep a few things in mind about this scene. Toonzilla and (Robo-)Yeti were fighting atop a cliff. Toonzilla hit his opponent so hard both of them went flying several hundred meters through the air before this screen capture was taken. Toonzilla’s tackles pack a thundering punch.

The Giant Spider’s webbing is strong enough to support her gigantic mass without wavering. Toonzilla, after being webbed up against a mountain, broke free – even tearing bits of the mountain off in the process.

Toonzilla swung Norzzug up hundreds of feet in the air, showing impressive neck and back muscle strength.

Toonzilla can leap across vast distances in a single bound.

Over a ridge, Toonzilla supported C-Rex’s entire weight. Toonzilla’s arms were the only things keeping C-Rex from falling.

Toonzilla jumped from the bottom of the seafloor to hundreds of feet above the surface.

Toonzilla, fed up with those meddling vines, pulled one so hard it was uprooted out of the ground. Toonzilla proceeded to tear the tree it was connected to out of the ground for good measure.

Nessie is gigantic, even when compared to other monsters. With one leg, Toonzilla dragged her across the Scottish terrain.

With the flick of his tail, Toonzilla sent Nessie hurtling back into Loch Ness.

Toonzilla’s tail is extremely strong. He not only sent the Thorny Devil crashing hundreds of feet back, he’s done the same against many other giant monsters.

Toonzilla escaped the Crackler’s wrath by burrowing underneath him. Then Toonzilla popped up, bit one of the Crackler’s ankles, and pulled the nightmarish rage-entity underground.

Toonzilla’s jaws crunched through Lizard Slayer 1’s titanium armor like it was made of butter.

This is easily one of Toonzilla’s most impressive strength feats. El Gusano tried landing on Toonzilla in this scene. Toonzilla’s jaws and arms caught El Gusano’s tail and, for several seconds, kept the giant worm at bay before El Gusano finally pulled him underground. Toonzilla would have to be extremely strong in order to do something like this.

Toonzilla’s jaws snapped off one of the Giant Spider’s legs.

SPEED & REFLEXES
The Godzilla we all know and love is many things. But the King of Monsters has never been known for having incredible speed and reflexes. Toonzilla exemplifies this trope more than most. It should probably go without saying that Toonzilla is very adept in the water, having swum faster than torpedoes, and completely dominated creatures like the Deep Dweller – a very fast aquatic creature in his own right.

Toonzilla is so fast at burrowing, he can tunnel under the earth in the blink of an eye.

Cyber-Godzilla fired his Thermonuclear breath. Toonzilla waited until his biological father’s heat ray was only a few feet away before he leaped above it. Toonzilla proceeded to pounce on Cyber-Godzilla, all in one motion. That’s fast.

The Lizard Slayers unleashed an all-out attack that would’ve impressed MechaGodzilla. Toonzilla sprinted past several exploding oil refineries before finally being caught in an explosion. He was fine, of course.

Lizard Slayer 1 fired its Concussion Cannon. Toonzilla let it pass harmlessly above him.

This is easily one of if not the best showcase of speed and agility. Those 2 missiles only had a few more feet to go before striking their target. Toonzilla’s ridiculous reflexes changed that. If the Matrix invented Bullet Timing, Toonzilla mastered Missile Timing.

DURABILITY
So what if Toonzilla is smart, powerful, incredibly strong and fast. What’s stopping another monster from breaking him apart, especially a powerhouse? True, Toonzilla has low-showings in the durability department. He’s been KO’d by lackluster attacks before. Nevertheless, Toonzilla has withstood a great deal of powerful attacks before, proving time and time again, he’s more than deserving of the Godzilla name.

C-Rex kicked Toonzilla so hard, it sent the noble reptile crashing through the waves, and then smashing through an underwater ridge. Not many kaiju can hit that hard. Not many could get right back up a few minutes later either. Toonzilla is one of those few who can, and more importantly, did get right back up.

This is probably Toonzilla’s best durability feat. Hundreds of thousands of tons of rock fell on Toonzilla. A few seconds later, Toonzilla broke free, and proclaimed to the entire world he was here to stay.

Toonzilla had been fighting the Queen Bee in the heart of a volcano. Toonzilla was trapped, surrounded by lava. The volcano erupted less than a minute later, and Toonzilla escaped. The only way he could’ve escaped is if he swam through the lava.

One Leviathan beam was powerful enough to knock Toonzilla out for about 30 seconds. Several sent him crashing through a ridge, where he rolled across the seafloor. Toonzilla had no injuries when he surfaced, several minutes later.

H.E.A.T. had invented guns that were designed to freeze lava. Their guns failed to snuff the Fire Monster’s flames. Guess who consistently withstood the Fire Monster’s hotter than lava flames? Toonzilla, that’s who.

This became quite the staple in the series. Toonzilla would routinely find himself getting electrocuted. He didn’t like it, but it was never enough to put him down for good.

This is Toonzilla taking a Lizard Slayer missile to the face. Lizard Slayer missiles were designed not only to sink entire naval fleets, but they packed enough explosive force to lift and throw a Lizard Slayer through the air.

As previously mentioned, Toonzilla was engulfed by 2 exploding oil refineries. Toonzilla was fine.

This Lizard Slayer cannon knocked Toonzilla down. But Toonzilla was back up in no time, showing no signs of damage.

Ts-eh-Go, a giant scorpion, couldn’t penetrate Toonzilla’s skin with its stinger.

Earlier, King Cobra crushed Robo-Yeti like a tin can. And yet King Cobra’s coils couldn’t crush Toonzilla.

REGENERATION
Yes, you read that right. Toonzilla has a rapid healing factor. So even if you somehow wounded him, he’d heal the damage in seconds.

After the mud removed the toxins from Ts-eh-Go’s poison, Toonzilla healed the damage in seconds.

Exposure to Medusa left Toonzilla badly dehydrated. After drinking lots of water, Toonzilla immediately healed the damage.

Go on. Keep calling me GINO. I dare ya, punk!
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

three
Keizer

Re: Respect Toonzilla

Post by three »

not bad. not bad at all. the only, ONLY thing i might be able to even remotely take issue with is the durability issue. Zilla, as i've always know the cartoon (not in a derogatory way, either) was always getting knocked out. i figure that it was just a way to prolong an episode; that and to show you how strong the opponent was.

nevertheless, it happens, and that is what makes this little guy a glass cannon. fast, strong, and powerful. if it goes up against an opponent like, say, Mechagodzilla, who has a near unlimited arsenal, it'll have problems. i think i have a fight in mind for it, though, and i'd like to see what you have to say. BRB.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

Good work, Tomzilla! This was a thread that needed to be made.
I have one question though; you stated that Toonzilla's Thermonuclear Breath had to be at least 1700 degrees Celsius. In that case, what would happen if Toonzilla struck Burning Godzilla with his Thermonuclear Breath?
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:Good work, Tomzilla! This was a thread that needed to be made.
I have one question though; you stated that Toonzilla's Thermonuclear Breath had to be at least 1700 degrees Celsius. In that case, what would happen if Toonzilla struck Burning Godzilla with his Thermonuclear Breath?
Wait....what? That can't be right. Its been shown to blow over building with no effect to them at all several times. Therefore I'm calling either false, or outlier.

Regardless though nice thread but very demanding title :lol:
Resized Image

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

Very nice! I made a lot of these same points on my Tumblr blog. I also considered making a thread like this myself.

One thing I have to question, though, is your assertion that Zilla Jr.'s atomic breath is chemical in nature. It's supposed to be an atomic breath like the Japanese Godzilla's. Shouldn't that make it radiation-based?

For the strength of Jr.'s atomic breath, you could also add the time it created an instant hurricane, complete with tornadoes, when it clashed with the ice manta-ray's ice breath. It was stated that the storm was created by their breaths creating warm and cold fronts. A feat like that would require a tremendous amount of energy (probably far more than 1700 degree Celsius heat).
Beef Bigshot wrote: Wait....what? That can't be right. Its been shown to blow over building with no effect to them at all several times. Therefore I'm calling either false, or outlier.
It is right. There are several feats to serve as testament to that. As for the building, I remember that happening only one time, and the breath was shown hitting the building for only a split second, so really we don't know how much damage it did to the building. If anything, your example is the outlier.
Gojira tai Mosura wrote:Good work, Tomzilla! This was a thread that needed to be made.
Are you suggesting that Zilla Jr. could cause Burning Godzilla to undergo meltdown and blow up?

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

that's external, he will only blow up if his internal temp reachs 1,200 degrees Celsius.
Godzilla

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Good work Tom, very comprehensive. Are you going to do other GTS monsters?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Awesome analysis Tom. I even forgot about a few of these feats so thanks for the reminder!
On this note, no. Godzilla if you recall swam through the mantle with ease. That is FAR hotter than Zilla's ray and far more than 1200 C. I think the main component on the whole Meltdown temp is Godzilla isn't suppose to be THAT hot all the time. He went through the mantle in what? A day? Pretty sure he was in Meltdown state for weeks so I would put it to an endurance test and 1200 was the number that Godzillas cells, after prolonged fatigue, could not take ANY more.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:
Are you suggesting that Zilla Jr. could cause Burning Godzilla to undergo meltdown and blow up?
lol how could the both of you even consider that? Heisei Godzilla swam in magma under a tectonic plate and emerged fine. He went months with his inner body temperature being tens of times hotter than usual until it hit 1200 Celsius. Heisei Godzilla could tank GINO Jr's breath. lmao he isn't gonna go into meltdown and blow up.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

MDK wrote:
ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:
lol how could the both of you even consider that? Heisei Godzilla swam in magma under a tectonic plate and emerged fine. He went months with his inner body temperature being tens of times hotter than usual until it hit 1200 Celsius. Heisei Godzilla could tank GINO Jr's breath. lmao he isn't gonna go into meltdown and blow up.
Greyshot151 wrote: On this note, no. Godzilla if you recall swam through the mantle with ease. That is FAR hotter than Zilla's ray and far more than 1200 C. I think the main component on the whole Meltdown temp is Godzilla isn't suppose to be THAT hot all the time. He went through the mantle in what? A day? Pretty sure he was in Meltdown state for weeks so I would put it to an endurance test and 1200 was the number that Godzillas cells, after prolonged fatigue, could not take ANY more.
...I didn't consider anything. I was just asking you guys what you thought would happen.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

Godzelda
Interpol Agent

Post by Godzelda »

I'm pretty sure 1200 degrees was the temperature his skin would be when his internal energy reached the point of meltdown; as in, his temperature was only an indicator of how close he was to meltdown, not the actual cause of the destruction of his body. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a monster who has a nuclear reactor in his chest and fires diamond-melting beams out of his throat on a regular basis can't be melted by a temperature lower than that of a candle flame (1400 degrees Celsius). And that it takes more than 1200 degrees to melt the Earth.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I consider El Gusano coming out of a active volcano to be a outliner.
Godzilla

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Greyshot151 wrote: On this note, no. Godzilla if you recall swam through the mantle with ease. That is FAR hotter than Zilla's ray and far more than 1200 C.
That depends on which part of the mantle we're talking about here. If it's the outer mantle, its temperature ranges from 500 to 900 degrees Celsius (not nearly as hot as Jr.'s breath). If it's the inner mantle (closer to the Earth's core), then it's a temperature of over 4,000 degrees Celsius.

Let's not forget that Jr.'s breath was strong enough to easily wound a monster unfazed by temperatures of at least 1200 degrees Celsius, likely hotter (I'm talking about Jr. himself).
g2vd wrote:I consider El Gusano coming out of a active volcano to be a outliner.
I suppose there were quite a few outlines in that screenshot. :lol:

Seriously, though, is there anything to suggest that this is an outlier? Yes, he was afraid of fire at first, but he then stood his ground against HEAT's flamethrowers and those flamethrowers couldn't harm him in the end.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Cool thread! I like Zilla Jr a lot, and it's about time he got a thread to show just how rad he is.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think some of these examples may just be a case of plot armor, but nevertheless it was an interesting read.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

UltramanGoji wrote:I think some of these examples may just be a case of plot armor, but nevertheless it was an interesting read.
I think a lot of cases are the opposite of "plot armor" (for instance, getting knocked out by simple power lines after having withstood the Crackler's electricity and the Robo-Yeti's shock coils well enough to keep fighting, or getting knocked out by a laser after surviving twelve at once).

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

While I can certainly appreciate the amount of work that went into this (trust me, I understand it better than probably anyone else here), I can't help but criticize the clear bias of the whole thing. You focus solely on the high-end feats while either glossing over or completely ignoring the low-end and mid-tier stuff. Add on some questionable interpretations of several examples and you'll have to pardon me for not gushing over this like most everyone else has.

Still, I commend your hard work in putting this together.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I have to agree with IR. The thing that initially annoyed me was the complete lack of Zilla Jr's low showing which carry just as much validity as his high showings.

Still, this is a GREAT thread and I wish there were more
Resized Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I agree, this is a fantastic thread and it had a lot of hard work put into it. but like IR said the thread has a complete lack of low-end and mid-tier stuff, and focus's solely on high-tier, and it has questionable Interpretations. but still this is a excellent thread and it really does show how powerful ZillaJr is, but I do wish it had more.
Godzilla

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Thank you all for your kind words. I'll be updating this thread periodically on any new findings that will embolden our (hopefully) mutual respect and admiration for Toonzilla.

I hope nobody here thinks I'm intentionally trying to mislead people into thinking Toonzilla has no low/mid-end feats. One main reason why I've omitted listing them in the first place is because first and foremost, this is a respect thread. Think of it as a greatest hits, or a highlight reel. I hope everyone here knows why you don't list anyone's blunders in their highlight reel, as that would defeat the purpose.

Personally, I don't take very many of Toonzilla's low-showings seriously. Especially since they're usually contradicted in the same episode, or in several more (e.g. powerlines incapacitate Toonzilla in one episode, whereas in several more he shrugs electrical volts off just fine). With that said, there are quite a number of consistent low-showings that prevents Toonzilla from being a powerhouse.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”