LPG nuke survival feats

Discuss and analyze various feats!
User avatar
Kaijunator
Kwaidan
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Kaijunator » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:26 am

Did he tank the nukes, or did he survive them and what was his condition?

I think he tanked both nukes, as the nukes have his food source: radiation.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2923
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby LamangoKaijura » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:56 am

The second one he was far enough away from the blast center and was asleep.
Image

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 am
Contact:

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby MM The Destroyer » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:19 pm

It doesn't matter if he survived them or not. Because we don't see what happens to him directly after the nukes went off and we don't see him again for another 60 years.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!

Image

Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?

It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.



TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

User avatar
Beef Bigshot
Keizer
Posts: 7392
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: noitacoL

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Beef Bigshot » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:39 pm

MM The Destroyer wrote:It doesn't matter if he survived them or not. Because we don't see what happens to him directly after the nukes went off and we don't see him again for another 60 years.


?

I see what your saying, but as far as establishing how strong his endurance is (and by extension how strong the Mutos are) its kinda important. He could have completely tanked it without a problem which would make him OP (although I personally doubt that given what we see later) or he could have barely crawled away from the blast. Whichever way determines to what degree his endurance is.
Resized Image

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Godzelda » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:25 pm

I think he tanked the nuke with no harm and could do the same with any nuke, including the Tsar Bomba. I'd also say that about most incarnations of Godzilla, really.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 am
Contact:

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby MM The Destroyer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:06 am

Beef Bigshot wrote:
MM The Destroyer wrote:It doesn't matter if he survived them or not. Because we don't see what happens to him directly after the nukes went off and we don't see him again for another 60 years.


?

I see what your saying, but as far as establishing how strong his endurance is (and by extension how strong the Mutos are) its kinda important. He could have completely tanked it without a problem which would make him OP (although I personally doubt that given what we see later) or he could have barely crawled away from the blast. Whichever way determines to what degree his endurance is.


Again, he could have had either happen. Or he could have been reduced to a beating heart GMK-style and had to regenerate for 60 years. Or he could have fired his atomic ray and flew away from the blast GvH-style. Or he could have simply absorbed the shockwaves and the radiation. Or he could have teleported the moon. Or Taco Bell.

There are many ways something can survive a nuke. The fact we don't actually see HOW he survived it and what shape he was in afterword negates this feat entirely. It's getting pretty well established that this Godzilla *DOES* have some form of regeneration, we just don't know the true limits of it. So he could of tanked the nuke without any issues (an asinine theory) or been horribly wounded and forced to heal for 60 years.

There's no evidence for either or. Thus it can't be used as a valid feat when determining his durability (which, IMO, doesn't appear to be very much more so than any other Godzilla). It's his endurance I question.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!

Image

Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?

It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.



TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

User avatar
Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Inferno Rodan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:17 am

Godzelda wrote:I think he tanked the nuke with no harm and could do the same with any nuke, including the Tsar Bomba. I'd also say that about most incarnations of Godzilla, really.

That's ridiculous. Pretty much every single Godzilla ever has been harmed by things less powerful than even low-level nukes.


MM The Destroyer wrote:There are many ways something can survive a nuke. The fact we don't actually see HOW he survived it and what shape he was in afterword negates this feat entirely. It's getting pretty well established that this Godzilla *DOES* have some form of regeneration, we just don't know the true limits of it. So he could of tanked the nuke without any issues (an asinine theory) or been horribly wounded and forced to heal for 60 years.

Actually, the fact that we see scars on his body which are clearly cuts during the shot with the flares is very good evidence for not being harmed at all by the nukes. Those are clearly battle scars, and not what would be inflicted by a powerful explosion. So unless Godzilla tangled with another monster at some point between getting nuked and showing up in Hawaii, that basically proves he wasn't seriously harmed by the nukes.

...Which is precisely why the nuke feats are outliers and should not be considered when discussing his durability.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Godzelda » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Inferno Rodan wrote:
Godzelda wrote:I think he tanked the nuke with no harm and could do the same with any nuke, including the Tsar Bomba. I'd also say that about most incarnations of Godzilla, really.

That's ridiculous. Pretty much every single Godzilla ever has been harmed by things less powerful than even low-level nukes.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you knew better than Akira Ifukube.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Inferno Rodan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:00 am


"Godzilla is undefeated by modern technology. It doesn't affect him, not even electricity or missiles."

>not even electricity

Apparently I do, if he thinks electricity hasn't affected Godzilla.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Godzelda » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Inferno Rodan wrote:

"Godzilla is undefeated by modern technology. It doesn't affect him, not even electricity or missiles."
>not even electricity
Apparently I do, if he thinks electricity hasn't affected Godzilla.

Resized Image
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
Beef Bigshot
Keizer
Posts: 7392
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: noitacoL

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Beef Bigshot » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:

"Godzilla is undefeated by modern technology. It doesn't affect him, not even electricity or missiles."
>not even electricity
Apparently I do, if he thinks electricity hasn't affected Godzilla.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg


I think ifukube is referring to the fact that missiles and electricity can't kill him, not that it doesn't hurt him. Must be a translation failure
Resized Image

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Godzelda » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:"Godzilla is undefeated by modern technology. It doesn't affect him, not even electricity or missiles."
>not even electricity
Apparently I do, if he thinks electricity hasn't affected Godzilla.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

I think ifukube is referring to the fact that missiles and electricity can't kill him, not that it doesn't hurt him. Must be a translation failure

Indeed. He might have felt some pain from the electric wires in G54 (hence why he fired his atomic breath at the towers), but the point is that electricity can't actually stop him. Plus, the main point of the quote was the part about him being "stronger than the weapons that brought Japan to its knees" (i.e. nuclear bombs), and I think IR knows it.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
EmperorGhidorah
G-Grasper
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby EmperorGhidorah » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:54 pm

What we know for a fact is that LPG walked away from a 15 megaton nuke. What we don't know is the manner and or state in which he walked away from said nuke. He could have tanked it with little or no injury. But there is an equal chance he was reduced to almost nothing and had to regenerate for 60 or so years. You say there was no trace of him after the denotation which means he must have swam away. Well I can just say that he was reduced to so little that the radar and sonar couldn't pick up any trace of him. They weren't exactly top notch with their location technology back then.

It isn't absurd for a Godzilla to regenerate from a near fatal wound over a long period of time. Kiryugoji took 2 years or so to regenerate from the hole he had sustained a few years prior. Gmk Godzilla was reduced to only a beating heart and yet he appeared to be slowly regenerating. So it is entirely within reason for LPG to regenerate from so little.

Personally, I don't think the mutos harming him would make the nuke feat an outlier as I'm a huge advocate of the whole "wide spread and or blunt damage =/= penetrating power" concept. But since there are two equal and opposite arguments for LPG's supposed nuke tanking with somewhat equal evidence to back said argumemts, I prefer to label it as an oulier and use feats that are shown on screen, not contradicted by much else, and or are feasible enough to be labeled valid feats.
"IF YOU CAN'T WIN THE GAME, IF YOU CAN'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE,
YOU'RE JUST A LOSER."


"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

User avatar
Godzelda
Interpol Agent
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: IN THE LOVING EMBRACE OF THE HYPNOTOAD

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Godzelda » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:04 pm

EmperorGhidorah wrote:It isn't absurd for a Godzilla to regenerate from a near fatal wound over a long period of time. Kiryugoji took 2 years or so to regenerate from the hole he had sustained a few years prior. Gmk Godzilla was reduced to only a beating heart and yet he appeared to be slowly regenerating. So it is entirely within reason for LPG to regenerate from so little.

LPG has lots of battle scars all over him, so if he was majorly injured by the nuke, we would be able to tell just by looking at him.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

User avatar
EmperorGhidorah
G-Grasper
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby EmperorGhidorah » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Godzelda wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:It isn't absurd for a Godzilla to regenerate from a near fatal wound over a long period of time. Kiryugoji took 2 years or so to regenerate from the hole he had sustained a few years prior. Gmk Godzilla was reduced to only a beating heart and yet he appeared to be slowly regenerating. So it is entirely within reason for LPG to regenerate from so little.

LPG has lots of battle scars all over him, so if he was majorly injured by the nuke, we would be able to tell just by looking at him.


Who's to say some of those scars aren't burn marks. Hell, I don't know where else he could have gotten those scars from.
"IF YOU CAN'T WIN THE GAME, IF YOU CAN'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE,
YOU'RE JUST A LOSER."


"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

User avatar
Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Inferno Rodan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Godzelda wrote:http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg]750x600

Cute. But frankly I facepalmed just as hard over the fact that you're taking comments from the MUSIC COMPOSER as canon. That's just silly.

Oh, and by the way, I was referring to KKvsG with my electricity comment. You know, when he was stopped in his tracks by simple power lines.

The fact of the matter is, Godzilla has on numerous occasions been harmed by things many times weaker than even low level nukes. If you want to deny that because "muh force of nature beyond human understanding" or "because so-and-so that worked on the movies said so" or whatever, then you might as well just leave this discussion.

EmperorGhidorah wrote:Who's to say some of those scars aren't burn marks. Hell, I don't know where else he could have gotten those scars from.

Burns don't leave neat neat cuts. The scars shown on Godzilla were very clearly slashes. They were obviously supposed to represent old battle wounds from clashes with Mutos.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

User avatar
wisper15
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5350
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:21 am

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby wisper15 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Inferno Rodan wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:Who's to say some of those scars aren't burn marks. Hell, I don't know where else he could have gotten those scars from.

Burns don't leave neat neat cuts. The scars shown on Godzilla were very clearly slashes. They were obviously supposed to represent old battle wounds from clashes with Mutos.

poop, I never even saw marks on him. Then again, I rarely analyze movies much.

Burn marks rarely leave scars like how you guys are describing them. Edged weaponry, aka the MUTOs limbs, though, do. So I agree with IR that they aren't evidence of damage by the nukes.
TK's resident Taurean
Image

User avatar
EmperorGhidorah
G-Grasper
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby EmperorGhidorah » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Inferno Rodan wrote:Burns don't leave neat neat cuts. The scars shown on Godzilla were very clearly slashes. They were obviously supposed to represent old battle wounds from clashes with Mutos.


Alright. That still doesn't explain why LPG disappeared for 60 years of he tanked the nuke.
"IF YOU CAN'T WIN THE GAME, IF YOU CAN'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE,
YOU'RE JUST A LOSER."


"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

User avatar
GojiFan
Futurian
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:50 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby GojiFan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:50 pm

It's an outlier for sure. The only feasible answer outside of that would be he regenerated essentially his entire outer musculature/skin and thus no scarring... which doesn't line up with why he has scars in the first place.
Legionmaster wrote:You can't counter-seduce, women can shut down their libido at will. It's scary fast too. You'll have to do the man version: punch her in the face.

User avatar
Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: LPG nuke survival feats

Postby Inferno Rodan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:55 pm

EmperorGhidorah wrote:Alright. That still doesn't explain why LPG disappeared for 60 years of he tanked the nuke.

Same reason he disappeared for periods of time throughout the rest of history: he went back to sleep at the bottom of the ocean. If you want to take the events of Awakening as canon (which I personally don't like to do), he was awakened that time by the activity of Shinomura just like he was by the Mutos in the movie. Shinomura was destroyed by the nuke, so he left and went back to sleep.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma


Return to “FM Analysis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests