Monster Mayhem Round 6: Zarm vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: Monster Mayhem Round 6: Zarm vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Zarm wrote:While I certainly like the sound of your analysis, I do feel compelled to point out one thing- Megaguirus is fast and maneuverable. Like, ridiculously fast and maneuverable. Like bad-special-effects-that-defy-the-laws-of-physics fast and maneuverable. I agree that it's one-hit-and-it's-all-over... but getting that hit is the trick. That's why I'm operating on the assumption that she'd have to get in pulse range, or stop to try and stab/drain to be in one place long enough for Heisei to hit her.

I don't want to overrate her, sure- as my entire case depends on her vulnerability- but I don't want to underrate her, either.
Even if Megaguirus is able to dodge very easily, once she latches on to Heisei, his pulse is going to 1 shot her. If she does the EMP, after she dies does the EMP wear off? Even then if it doesnt, after Meggy is down Heisei is going to start picking off GvRs team one by one, even if hes disadvantaged.

Quick edit, just watched the the last fight with Godzilla vs Megaguirus. She sat there for almost 22 seconds charging up her fireball. There is no way in hell Heisei is going to sit there and let that happen.

Another edit, she also flew straight at Godzilla trying to hook him with the stinger. I dont think she will last very long against Heisei with these tactics.
Last edited by MuchWowSuchGodzilla on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

If GMK Mothra goes for GMK Godzilla, than GMK Mothra isn’t going to last very long against him and my two Mothras and Gyaos.

In the battle of the drafts, aside from Jiger getting incredibly lucky, Titano is too strong and Megalon is too durable for Zarm’s drafts to win. It won’t be easy, but my side will win that bout.

Megaguirus is fast, ridiculously so. While Heisei Rodan was physically stronger and more durable, he was able to briefly overwhelm Godzilla in melee combat, a feat Megaguirus can achieve as well, making up for her weaker physique with speed. While Megaguirus would eventually go down on her own, GMK Godzilla will be very helpful to her. The two of them can keep Heisei Godzilla busy long enough for the rest of my team that survives to get involved.

The nuclear pulse will hurt whoever it hits, but it takes too long for Heisei Godzilla to use it to be truly deadly to my team. He’ll have to deal with an assault from all sides, and the occasional nuclear pulse is all the defense he’ll have against it. He could get through it, but I see my team taking the majority of wins at that point.

Myself, barely.

Edit: I am revoking my vote, as I don’t feel I am sure enough to actually cast a vote.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:If GMK Mothra goes for GMK Godzilla, than GMK Mothra isn’t going to last very long against him and my two Mothras and Gyaos.

In the battle of the drafts, aside from Jiger getting incredibly lucky, Titano is too strong and Megalon is too durable for Zarm’s drafts to win. It won’t be easy, but my side will win that bout.

Megaguirus is fast, ridiculously so. While Heisei Rodan was physically stronger and more durable, he was able to briefly overwhelm Godzilla in melee combat, a feat Megaguirus can achieve as well, making up for her weaker physique with speed. While Megaguirus would eventually go down on her own, GMK Godzilla will be very helpful to her. The two of them can keep Heisei Godzilla busy long enough for the rest of my team that survives to get involved.

The nuclear pulse will hurt whoever it hits, but it takes too long for Heisei Godzilla to use it to be truly deadly to my team. He’ll have to deal with an assault from all sides, and the occasional nuclear pulse is all the defense he’ll have against it. He could get through it, but I see my team taking the majority of wins at that point.

Myself, barely.

Edit: I am revoking my vote, as I don’t feel I am sure enough to actually cast a vote.
This scenario is not necessarily good for your team either. If GMK Godzilla and Megaguiruis double team Heisei, then whos going to stop MechaGodzilla 75? No way Titano is going to close the distance and survive the all out assault.

Rodan was destroyed a few seconds after getting close to Heisei, and if Megaguiruis goes for the same tactic he will suffer the same fate.

Heisei is going to survive long enough to use it. Only two of your Kaiju could possible tax his regen and hurt him, and thats if Megaguiruis survives.

This match is very close with alot of different scenarios, but I think Zarm has the edge.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:If GMK Mothra goes for GMK Godzilla, than GMK Mothra isn’t going to last very long against him and my two Mothras and Gyaos.
This is true. But what damage might Heisei wreak on their opponents by the time they return to facing other opponents? :) (I would still speculate that GMK and Heisei would fight; GMK was only drawn to her in the film because she was the only one there; he strikes me as the 'go after the biggest, meanest hombre on the field' type.

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:In the battle of the drafts, aside from Jiger getting incredibly lucky, Titano is too strong and Megalon is too durable for Zarm’s drafts to win. It won’t be easy, but my side will win that bout.
I don't know that I'd agree about Titano; I think Jiger could bring him down with a combo of her weapons, and Junior's ray could also do it. But I do agree about Megalon. Unless the mechs come back online or Heisei is freed up, I don't have anything to take him down. That's why my projections for even possible victory are predicated entirely on those scenarios. GodzillavsRayquaza has a few too many fighters that I can't take down without them.

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Megaguirus is fast, ridiculously so. While Heisei Rodan was physically stronger and more durable, he was able to briefly overwhelm Godzilla in melee combat, a feat Megaguirus can achieve as well, making up for her weaker physique with speed.

Again, I would concur. If Megaguirus attacks in such a way (rushing him head-long, attacking with the stinger) in such a manner that neutralizes her dodge advantage- which tactically, she does do, but only at intervals- Heisei can take her out. As long as she is relying on her speed and keeping her distance, she's going to be pretty untouchable. That's why, circling back, I do think her behavior is key to the match. If she just keeps her distance while GMK fights Heisei, GodzillavsRayquaza will win by default. Only Megaguirus getting greedy/overly sadistic and overcomitting herself, attacking up-close or frontally in a manner that a quick-shot beam-spammer can capitalize on- and even then, only if that happens in the first half of the match or so- will allow the possibility of victory on my side. All other possibilities will take me out. I do think that possibility is plausible, based on her personality; the odds are good enough that I'm still staying in the debate... but it's also an outside shot. Again, down to the individual voter and what they think Megaguirus would do. But I would totally concur that unless she makes that mistake, GodzillavsRayquaza is going to take this one.

This is Megaguirus' match to lose; anything other than this behavior from her should be considered a default to GodzillavsRayquaza's victory. I mean it; I don't want to count myself out, but I also don't in any way want to overstate my chances here. There is one path, and only one, to my victory.

Added in 5 minutes 36 seconds:
MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:This scenario is not necessarily good for your team either. If GMK Godzilla and Megaguiruis double team Heisei, then whos going to stop MechaGodzilla 75? No way Titano is going to close the distance and survive the all out assault.
Unfortunately, the high-frequency wave is an area effect; Megaguirus can cast this area effect, then immediately fly off to fight Heisei- or even just do it *while* fighting Heisei (though, I do think she has to hold still to do it- that's an interesting thought. If a beam-sniper is ready with their opportunity, someone could take Megaguirus out while she's deploying the wave. But unless she tries to do it while in combat with someone, it is likely that everyone would have other priorities at the battle's start.)

If they do double-team, I think the crucial question really does become how Megaguirus behaves; if she strikes only when GMK is distracting Heisei, she might survive even exposing herself to opportunities. It really is the stinger-stab where she's potentially screwed; from in front, he's going to blast her even if GMK is on his nerves; it'd be harder to shoot around her than to deal with her- and he can beat the drain. From the back, he's likely to either use the pulse, or turn around and put her in GMK's line of fire. (And she tends to go with the front). That stab move is really the only one that I think could win this for me, because even with GMK's help, it's really just going to be a fatal liability to her. And I can't see her not using it, or holding off for a long time. That's the only reason I still see me as having a shot at this.
Last edited by Zarm on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Megaguirus doesn’t “cast” the EMP, it’s a passive thing she’s always doing while flying.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I was under the impression that's what she was doing when she was hovering there, with her wings moving at hyperspeed, just before the big blowout that damaged Dimension Tide and put the slacker in the hospital? There may have been minor disruptions elsewhere, but I thought it took an active effort to have a pervasively-disabling EMP effect. (After all, the electronics didn't shut down the instant she showed up; even when she flew by at high speed, the lights on the street didn't go out in the vicinity, only the things her wings brushed seemed to explode afterward- indicating either a very non-powerful EMP, or one of extremely limited range; thus, I figured that a more powerful area effect was a specific, targeted attack rather than a passive area effect?).

I could be mis-remembering, or that could have been a different attack she was using?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Zarm wrote: -snip-
I think you’re right actually, nevermind.
KWCE Administrator

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I mean, that said, that's pretty much just me being pedantic; I can't see her not deploying it at the outset, and I can't see anyone having a reason to shoot at her among the man targets right at the start- or '75 getting in much of any attack before she does. So practically, it's a no-difference difference. :)

Added in 14 hours 29 minutes 36 seconds:
Well-fought, my good man. I dread the rematch. I clearly need to be on the lookout for Megaguirus-killers and Hedorah-killers to be any sort of match against you the next time- and I fear they are both in short supply. :)

Maranatha!