Monster Mayhem Round 6: Bot 1 vs. MuchWowSuchGodzilla

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Round 6: Bot 1 vs. MuchWowSuchGodzilla

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Monster Mayhem Round 6: Bot 1 vs. MuchWowSuchGodzilla

Post by Zarm »

Orga is going to be the biggest challenge here. Showa Godzilla does poorly with being double-teamed, so the 2014 duo can take him. I'm not a hundred percent sure about Striker Eureka versus King Joe, but I'm going to give Eureka the benefit of a doubt. Kong defeating Gorosaurus is just a no-brainer.

That leaves Kumonga and to King Ghidorahs against Gyaos, Cyber-Zilla, and Orga. I don't think much of Kumonga's contributions... yet it may prove to be the crucial piece. I'm fairly confident that either Ghidorah could take the Gyaos, so as long as 2001 was the one engaging in that battle, it would leave Showa to fight Orga.

That's probably the best possible matchup, as while Orga does have a somewhat-punishing shoulder cannon, showa King Ghidorah is a damage sponge. I don't think he would be able to inflict enough damage to really take Orga down, but I think he could hang in there long enough to keep Orga occupied until some of the other team members finished defeating their opponents and come over to help out. Once 2014 and the MUTO and Kong come join in, Orga can be defeated.

But that leaves Cyber-Zilla, and he's the dangerous wild card. With each of MuchWowSuchGodzilla's team occupied in important battles, one loose cannon- an agile one that could theoretically avoid strikes from the Ghidorahs- could come in and double-team either of them, or other combatants like Kong, and potentially take them down, leaving Cyber-Zilla and whichever teammate he helped to double-team other members of MuchWowSuchGodzilla's, slowly turning the tide.

This is where it all comes down to Kumonga. If it can intercept, web, and immobilize as agile a moving target as Cyber-Zilla, then I think MuchWowSuchGodzilla has this in the bag. If Cyber-Zilla is fast enough to evade Kumonga's webbing, then Bot 1 could snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

I'm leanin MuchWowSuchGodzilla here, but I will listen to alternative arguments if there are any.

Added in 5 hours 13 minutes 40 seconds:
EDIT: Whoops, I forgot- we have a MUTO with EMP. So much for King Joe and Cyberzilla! MuchWowSuchGodzilla curbstomps.
Last edited by Zarm on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I wouldn't call it a curbstomp, but MuchWowtakes it.
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

It might take a while for the Muto to use the EMP, so the robots could actually do some damage beforehand, but yeah MWSG has it in the bag after Muto uses the EMP. Even without the EMP his team is all around better, and the advantage Showa Godzilla has over every individual member of MWSG’s team would dissolve quickly.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

How long did it take for the MUTOs EMP to wear off? If its not too long and the MUTO gets killed, a high possibility, the robots may come back online.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

That is a fair point- but with the numbers advantage and the fighters on display, I don't see the MUTO being in any particular danger- especially as she is most likely to be working with 2014 to double-team showa Godzilla, a condition in which he is typically helpless. So MUTO should be off the front lines, and able to renew the EMP, while all but one of Bot 1's drafts are double-teamed- possibly all of them, if Kumonga webs one quickly and a fighter can be spared.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

I love you MUTO. EMPs seal the victory for Myself/MWSG.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:I love you MUTO. EMPs seal the victory for Myself/MWSG.
Careful, there, MuchWowSuchGodzilla. She's already spoken-for. ;)

Maranatha!