Monster Mayhem Boss Round: Coobzilla03 vs. Destroyah

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Boss Round: Coobzilla03 vs. Destroyah

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Destroyah

vs.

Coobzilla03
- Mechagodzilla (1974)
- King Kong (1933)
- Gaira
- King Kong (1962)
- Mothra Larva
- Anguirus (55)
- Frankenstein (Toho)

Arena: Tokyo (GvD)

Voting may begin!
Last edited by Coobzilla03 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Monster Mayhem Boss Round: Coobzilla03 vs. Destroyah

Post by Zarm »

This is tough, especially because, for the life of me, I'm still not entirely sure what made the critical difference in damage for Destroyah. :)

Unfortunately, a lot of the team is built around melee- however, there are number of agile meleers here that may actually be an advantage. If Destroyah breaks up into a bunch of small aggregates, they may be able to seize and annihilate the Swarm more effectively than Godzilla was able to on his lonesome. Meanwhile, the brutal firepower of Mechagodzilla, possibly with some help from charged Kong if he lasts long enough, may well be enough to put Destroyah into his reform-and-regroup mode for the others to pick off.

All of Destroyah's eeaponry is going to be horrifically powerful against Mothra and the Kongs, and they are probably not going to last very long. I don't know if Mothra or Anguirus are going to be a lot of help against anything except the aggregates... so I'm not sure. I definitely see a potential for Coobzilla to be able to effectively take this, but even if so, it's going to be a tight battle. They have the theoretical attack power to eventually take down Destroyah, but I'm not sure if they have the capability to last long enough to exercise that.

I will be holding off on voting to see if any arguments can sway me one way or another. Especially the all-important question: would Mechagodzilla's shield be enough to block a horn katana? :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I don't think the horn katana will come into play with Mechagodzilla; my team will rush forward at the beginning, but when someone lays in two pieces on the ground, the others will know not to attack from the front and will use their superior speed and agility to go to the back of Destroyah, with Mechagodzilla firing at the front, which may seem like it puts himself in danger, but he's more than capable of dodging beams that tend to aim towards the feet/legs like Destroyah's MO beam. The only bad thing that could happen is someone gets caught and dragged around by Destroyah's tail. In that case, Mechagodzilla would most likely try to either gun him down or fly behind him and gets some shots off. Eventually Destroyah will land though, with the victim of the tail possibly surviving, not too sure. When he lands, the fighters converge on him and it repeats. And if he breaks down, the aggregates will go down pretty quickly.

I think I my team has the numbers and is smart enough to take the fight. At the end of the day, Destroyah was taken down into reformation mode by damage my team can easily replicate; melee prowess and weaponry. Once he's multiple aggregates, they will be taken down by my stronger members and blasted into oblivion by Mechagodzilla. The reason they were so effective against Godzilla is because they all could converge on him. In this case, they'll have to spread themselves among my members, and that will get them killed.

Voting Coobzilla03.
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Coobzilla03 wrote:but he's more than capable of dodging beams that tend to aim towards the feet/legs like Destroyah's MO beam.
Destoroyah’s mostly aimed at Godzilla’s body last I checked, not the legs. And even if i’m wrong, what precedent is there for Mechagodzilla being able to do that?

Anyway, Mechagodzilla is the only one on Coob’s team that can take the MO beam well, if at all. Gaira was getting torn apart by masers, Frankenstein and Anguirus were damaged (not severely if I remember correctly, but still) by much weaker beams, and the rest are self explanatory. Also, while Destoroyah isn’t exactly versatile with melee, he’s still ridiculously strong. There’s a point in the movie where Godzilla is clawing at Destoroyah, and Destoroyah shoves forward once and knocks Godzilla to the ground. I say that to say Destoroyah isn’t getting pinned to the ground and pummeled very easily, which is the only way most of the team can really do a whole lot. That, and if Destoroyah tries focusing Mechagodzilla down, none of Coob’s melee fighters will be able to do much to stop him.

However, Coob has numbers on his side. His team could potentially overwhelm Destoroyah, and Mechagodzilla does have the potential to do real damage to Destoroyah. I’m not voting yet, but both sides definitely have a lot of potential for victory.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Destoroyah’s mostly aimed at Godzilla’s body last I checked, not the legs. And even if i’m wrong, what precedent is there for Mechagodzilla being able to do that?
Mechagodzilla has shown the capacity to be able to dodge beams aimed at his feet/legs (by flying) and neck region (by dodging to the side).
Destroyah's beam seems to start out low to the ground then strafes upwards, giving Mechagodzilla ample time to dodge.

I think my melee fighters will be pretty effective. Burning Godzilla was able to do some solid damage in the tooth and claw department, slashing Destroyah's chest open with a swipe and making Destroyah spray blood and collapse, bringing Destroyah into aggregate form.
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Coobzilla03 wrote:
I think my melee fighters will be pretty effective. Burning Godzilla was able to do some solid damage in the tooth and claw department, slashing Destroyah's chest open with a swipe and making Destroyah spray blood and collapse, bringing Destroyah into aggregate form.
Godzilla shot Destoroyah in the chest-flower two times in a row, then slashed at the gaping wound. And then he shot the wound again, which is what made Destoroyah break down.
Edit: Actually, Godzilla shot Destoroyah in the chest-flower three times in rapid succession, then clawed at the gaping wound, making Destoroyah break down.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Godzilla shot Destoroyah in the chest-flower two times in a row, then slashed at the gaping wound. And then he shot the wound again, which is what made Destoroyah break down.
Edit: Actually, Godzilla shot Destoroyah in the chest-flower three times in rapid succession, then clawed at the gaping wound, making Destoroyah break down.

I think Mechagodzilla could recreate that amount of damage, because he has a tendency to shoot the same spot on a kaiju once in the air (and he'll be coaxed into flying by Destroyah's beam). The kaiju fighting up close have enough strength to bring down Destroyah as well. Since Destroyah is scaled down he weighs 40k, as much as Mechagodzilla.
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Coobzilla03 wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Godzilla shot Destoroyah in the chest-flower two times in a row, then slashed at the gaping wound. And then he shot the wound again, which is what made Destoroyah break down.

I think Mechagodzilla could recreate that amount of damage, because he has a tendency to shoot the same spot on a kaiju once in the air (and he'll be coaxed into flying by Destroyah's beam). The kaiju fighting up close have enough strength to bring down Destroyah as well. Since Destroyah is scaled down he weighs 40k, as much as Mechagodzilla.
I dont think MechaGodzilla could recreate that amount of damage.....on his own.....luckily you have 6 other kaiju on your team :D .

Anyways, CoobZilla03 wins this. Both Kongs can go and pummel Destroyah with Gaira and Frankenstien helping a bit. MechaGodzilla can literally just sit in the back spamming all of his weapons, which will cause Dessy to break down. When that happens, I can see Coobs team picking him each aggregate off, with probably Mothra and Anguirus as the only casualties.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Coobzilla. Destoroyah will give his team hell, but the numbers advantage is too much. Mechagodzilla with the aid of five kaiju that excel in melee can do the damage needed to break Destoroyah down.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

All right, I'm convinced. Coobzilla03 sounds good to me.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!