Monster Mayhem Boss Round: Giratina93 vs. Shin Godzilla

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Boss Round: Giratina93 vs. Shin Godzilla

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Shin Godzilla

vs.

Giratina93
- Godzilla (2000)
- King Kong (2005)
- Gigan (2004) V1
- Rodan ('64)
- Gipsy Danger

Shin Godzilla will sleep for 2 minutes after a exhausting himself, then get back up.

Arena: Tokyo (G2016)

Voting may begin!
Last edited by Coobzilla03 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Mayhem Boss Round: Giratina93 vs. Shin Godzilla

Post by Giratina93 »

I am 100% okay with this boss selection. I was TERRIFIED of facing down Biollante or Armor Mothra but... Thank god.

Shin is as passive as they get when it comes to giant monsters. He straight up does not attack until he's been harmed... and then he freaks out and begins the laser light show. That is going to HURRRT and straight up murder the likes of Gipsy, Kong and Gigan, but Showa Rodan should be able to endure the lasers... and G2000 can definitely take them.

Once Shin exhausts himself, he's going into that coma, and even if he wakes up two minutes later, he's dead to rights. Rodan and G2000 will beat up on him, and G2000's own beam is devastating, and if a bunker buster blew chunks out of Shin's back, G2000's beam is going to DEVASTATE him, while Rodan just pecks, rams into him, and drops rocks or something. And if someone of the other three miraculously escaped death.. all the better! They also get to jump in and rip Shin piece to piece.

Or, Shin starts to billow out black smoke after the first hit... and then gets gang raped by all five of my team members before he can convert the smog into flames, and the flames into the lasers. Either way, this is a solid win for me, Giratina.
Last edited by Giratina93 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

A bunker buster took out a chunk, sure... then exploded inside him and did no apparent lasting damage. And while Shin has a reputation for flailing beams and passivity- he was only passive when it appeared there was no threat to him. once that was established, he became very proactive in seeking out threats and eliminating them; another kaiju may very well cause him to register a threat without having to inflict physical pain first. And while he did vent his rage on the city... he only did so after the thing that had harmed him had been eliminated. (Also, the usual question- is this mid-film Shin, or later end-film Shin that can conserve power with the tail beam and not overheat as rapidly?)

I'm not convinced anyone on this team has the power to harm Shin... but if anyone does, it's G2000. And I concur that his regen and Rodan's durability have the best chance of surviving the onslaught. The ability to damage him, though... well, a lot depends on whether this is mid-film or end-film Shin.
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I feel like Gigan would make the first move here, assuming the team is standing in a row far from Shin, watching as he ominously marches towards them. Kong and Gypsy would probably manuever around Shin and wait to see what he does, 2000 likes to get up close and personal before using his beam, Rodan flies up high.

Back to Gigan, this dude is going to really poke the bear, he would immediately fire a cluster beam that might chip off some skin, but nothing impressive. Rodan would probably begin pecking the face before having to back off because of the tail.

Gigan being as cocky as he is, gets the bright idea to try and reel in Shin and activates the buzzsaw. This would probably prompt Shin to begin spewing the black smoke over the city and team. Gigan gets obliterated by the force of the flames. Kong tries to subdue the tail with Rodan, maybe Gypsy can fire plasma cannons into that gaping maw with 2000 realizing he needs to bust out the atomic ray. It might be able to stop it from condensing into a ray.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Coobzilla, did we have a ruling on whether this is mid-film Shin or end-of-film Shin? There seem to be differences in both stamina and capabilities between the two...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

End of film Shin Godzilla.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

End of film Shin is more aggressive (he won't wait until he's attacked), has multiple targeting capabilities with finer control and greater tactical usage, rations his beams more carefully and activates the beams more quickly, but also has lesser stamina.

I could see it cutting down half of Giratina's team before they even begin to engage, and keeping up sustained fire on 2000, like the UFO, pre-empting his even firing. As team members fall and Shin can consolidate down to the mouth and tail beam to deal with Rodan and 2000, I see them in pretty dire shape.

Since this version has a longer threshold until exhaustion, I could see him either ending the fight right there, or leaving only a badly wounded pair of combatants left as he goes into a 2-minute coma.

At this point, 2000 and Shin have a similar level of durability as evidenced by their respective naptimes when a building's dropped on them. :) Based on that, while I think Shin is going to be hurting at the end of two minutes, I don't think 2000's slow rate of fire and sustainability is going to allow him to deliver lethal damage before Shin is back up for round two, this time with everything he's got focused solely on 2000 and Rodan. I don't think Rodan will survive long- and that will leave a largely-equal duel between Shin and 2000, both grievously wounded and partially recovered, and at similar stamina levels, I see Shin being able to deal the lethal amount of damage first, especially when he can focus mouth and tail beam on one target.

And even if we assume that Rodan does indeed have the immunity and could survive this, I don't see him being able to do any sufficient damage to Shin to make much of a difference before eventually succumbing to his wounds from being knocked around- by that tail, if nothing else. That would be a much longer and more boring battle, but I do believe that it would eventually end in Shin's favor either way.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

We don’t really have an idea for how long it takes end of film Shin to exhaust himself, if I remember the movie correctly. And even if Shin at that point doesn’t attack unless attacked, I doubt the first thing that hits him will be anything big.

As for the actual fight? I personally don’t think end of film Shin is constantly throwing out beams on the same caliber as the very first one he used. The impact of the beams he used during the Yaishori operation were so much smaller than that of the first beam. But, that matters little, as they’ll still hurt.

No one on Giratina’s team except Godzilla can handle much direct damage from Shin. Rodan’s only feats of taking beams are from 60s Godzilla and maybe King Ghidorah if i’m remembering correctly. Not exactly deadly attacks by any means, and even if his main body can survive, I doubt his wings will hold up under cutting rays like Shin’s.

Godzilla 2000 is really tough. His beam will hurt Shin, but can he get it off in time? Shin will make quick work of the rest of the team, and he can easily focus 2000 down and keep him from using the beam very often. Last I checked, Godzilla 2000’s skin was pierced by the Full Metal Missiles, which means I doubt he can handle Shin’s beam very well.

So, i’m voting Shin, because there’s too many variables in regards to Shin that don’t favor Godzilla 2000 (actual toughness of Shin’s skin, considering how the only thing we have of him being damaged is a Bunker Buster striking a vulnerable and open part of his body which G2000 isn’t getting to, and how long it takes for him to get exhausted in this stage.), and because G2000’s history with piercing weapons isn’t very good.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.