Monster Mayhem Round 1: UltimateDitto vs. Bot 1

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Round 1: UltimateDitto vs. Bot 1

Post by Coobzilla03 »

UltimateDitto vs. Bot 1

UltimateDitto
- Monster X
- Gurion

vs.

Bot 1
- Godzilla (Showa)
- King Joe (Original)

Arena: Terra (Gamera vs. Guiron)

Voting may begin!
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Monster Mayhem Round 1: UltimateDitto vs. Bot 1

Post by Zarm »

Hmmmm. Showa Godzilla's one tough hombre. Either Monster X or Guiron, he could take out with ease. Both? Well, Showa's notoriously bad being double-teamed. And I don't see MJY lasting more than 5 seconds. (This will be an ongoing theme of this tournament that may put me in conflict with other members... I don't see any of the non-showa/legendary ape kaiju as being able to hang tough with the big boys.) So, in the end, I think this will come down as a victory for team X.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Zarm wrote:Hmmmm. Showa Godzilla's one tough hombre. Either Monster X or Guiron, he could take out with ease. Both? Well, Showa's notoriously bad being double-teamed. And I don't see MJY lasting more than 5 seconds. (This will be an ongoing theme of this tournament that may put me in conflict with other members... I don't see any of the non-showa/legendary ape kaiju as being able to hang tough with the big boys.) So, in the end, I think this will come down as a victory for team X.
Zarm it’s King Joe from Ultraseven, not Mighty Joe Young.

Either way, this is tough. Monster X is stupid tough, and can take whatever Godzilla and King Joe can dish out for a while. King Joe is durable, but honestly doesn’t impress me when it comes to offense, too slow. Guiron isn’t going to matter much, he might be able to damage Godzilla, but he won’t last much longer afterwards. Showa Gamera monsters are rather fragile, and even if I feel that fragility is over exaggerated here, they’re still not exactly tanks.

Monster X’s beams will tear apart anyone they hit, but he doesn’t use them often. He’s strong, but he doesn’t utilize it as well as he could. But still, his attacks will hurt. Admittedly, we don’t know how Monster X fights for long periods of time, so maybe he’d start using beams more often after a long fight.

If Guiron gets a lucky bit on Showa Godzilla, then UltimateDitto has it in the bag. If not, I can’t decide yet. If Monster X gets spammy with his beams, UD has it. So i’m leaning UD, but not enough for a concrete vote.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Zarm it’s King Joe from Ultraseven, not Mighty Joe Young.
...And that's what nearly a week of sleep deprivation does to you. My bad! I shall revisit this, then. :)

Added in 33 minutes 31 seconds:
So, the flip-side of Showa Godzilla being essentially helpless before a double-teaming (an unacknowledged fact that cost me a tournament a couple of tourneys back- yes, I'm still bitter! ;) ), he's pretty much undefeatable with a tag-team partner. And this is a tag-team partner whose has a fairly strong armor- the ability to take some hits. Which is about all he'd need. So, I'm thinking that's about all Showa would need; as with Anguirus, Jet Jaguar, and King Caesar, he doesn't need a lot... just another warm body to throw a punch, hold an opponent, split fire, and take a few hits. King Joe fits all the qualifications needed for a classic Showa tag-team victory. While Monster X is going to be a tougher opponent than he's used to... I think that's going to be enough.

I'm very sorry, but I'm going to have to go for Bot 1. :(
Last edited by Zarm on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Gurion would, in my eyes, probably make the 1st move here, so I'll focus on what he does and how it affects the battle.

If Guiron goes for Godzilla, he'll get a couple of painful strikes in with his head or the throwing stars before he gets beat up or beamed into oblivion, which would leave Monster X to fight a brick wall for a little bit, then get double teamed.

If he goes for King Joe he can't really do too much damage. His stars will probably glance off King Joe while his head might do some damage, it certainly won't be stopping King Joe soon. Godzilla and Monster X would be an interesting fight. Monster X is fairly inept and will take a LOT of hits, but he can take those hits. He can also take several atomic breath's before he begins to feel it. The only damage Monster X can do against Godzilla is his eye beams, but he most likely won't use them until things go south for him.

And with Monster X's fighting style, Godzilla would probably have an opportunity to shoot Guiron down so King Joe can help him.

Monster X and Guiron complement each other fine with one being durable and the other having high offensive capability, but Godzilla and King Joe take that combo to the extreme. Voting for Bot 1.
Resized Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Siding with Bot 1. Guiron's gonna be killed off quickly, and Godzilla could definitely take on Monster X and win. King Joe could provide good support for Godzilla and help take out the opposition.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Oh boy, I'm in a pickle.

I firmly believe that if Guiron and Kong Joe fought head on, Guiron would take the machine down. Guiron would most likely lunge at the robot and knock him down, possibly puncture through Joe. Forcing a separation and retreat.

Now, X and Godzilla, would be a great fight to see. I imagine it going quite similar to the fight with FW Godzilla, but with more experience, I think Godzilla could beat X. Gravity beams can pose a problem, but again, I just see Godzilla getting up, over, and over and eventually beating X.

X could win with Guiron, as stated above, Godzilla isn't too good with two on one fights. Guiron lashes out at Godzilla and would probably cut him up like he did with Gamera before Godzilla can fire a well placed atomic breath. But X can easily prevent Godzilla from gaining the upper hand, and let Guiron use the shurikins to inflict more harm on Godzilla, who will eventually succumb to his wounds like in the fight with Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla, giving X and Guiron the win.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Hmmmmm. Not sure I'm quite at vote-changing status, but you make a good case.

Still, we have a slicing-dicing kaiju with a strong arsenal vs. Godzilla's melee-only robot partner before, and the duo have managed to pull off the win. Showa seems to have a pretty good ability to protect his teammates at the crucial juncture. Admittedly, Monster X is likely to keep Showa busier than Megalon. :) But I still feel like there's precedent for team bot to handle this kind of opponents.

But, I am open to being convinced.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Alright, here’s a video I found in case anyone needs a refresher/idea of what King Joe can do. I initially criticized him for being slow, and he is, but it seems as if that isn’t too much of an issue. King Joe appears to fight mostly by letting his opponent attack him, which he can take as he’s rather durable, then counter attacking. The trick where he splits apart and reforms to dodge a beam may be very important, or it might not depending on how things go. Maybe an argument could be made that such a trick wouldn’t work with Monster X’s gravity beams.

Now, if Guiron lunges for him right out of the gate, and knocks him down (I don’t see Guiron piercing King Joe’s armor quickly, if at all), then that does take him out for a good few seconds, which Guiron could use to damage Godzilla in some way. We don’t exactly see how King Joe gets up, but he is capable of recovering from a knock down. Guiron is fast, but like most kaiju from Showa Gamera, is quite fragile. If either Godzilla or King Joe catches him, then Guiron’s not going to be doing very well. But can they catch him?

Monster X will take all of the attention of whoever he goes for. I see him handling King Joe better than Ultraseven did, and I think him vs Showa Godzilla is almost 50/50 if there’s no interference. If Guiron is left to fight King Joe, that’s rather rough for UltimateDitto’s team, because Guiron can’t really hurt King Joe (barring the remote possibility of Guiron reflecting King Joe’s beam back at him). The best Guiron could do is distract King Joe until Monster X and Godzilla’s fight resolves, which may be the worst for Guiron, because Godzilla could win that exchange.

I end this rambling on the note that Monster X’s beams might throw this in their favor if they hit King Joe, as the robot seemed to not be nearly as resilient to beams as he is to melee. Though, I would have to ask people more knowledgeable on Ultraseven as to how powerful are his beams? My understanding is that Ultra rays, when not used as finishing moves, tend to be on the same level as standard kaiju beams. If so, then I see the gravity beams wreaking havoc on King Joe.

So again, leaning UltimateDitto, but not enough to vote.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

After that refresher course on King Joe I'll analyze the match again.

So if King Joe and Monster X fight, X will most likely win if he strikes a hit with his beam, but King Joe could very easily dodge them with his reform technique. King Joe, in no way, could win that fight, but he could occupy X's time.

That would leave Guiron and Godzilla to fight. Godzilla won't most likely won't have the time to help out King Joe because Guiron has to constantly be in check or else he'll score some hits. Guiron can certainly do damage to Godzilla, but not enough to put him down. If and when Godzilla gets his hands on Guiron he's done for. Even worse if Godzilla decides to use his atomic breath and scores a hit. I even see splash damage from the ray damaging Guiron.

After dispatching Guiron he'll be free to take on Monster X, with wounds. If King Joe were still alive they could win. If not, it would be a wounded Godzilla vs. Monster X, and I favor Monster X.

I think Guiron vs. King Joe would go the same as I detailed in my earlier post, however if King Joe reforms to dodge Guiron's attacks, which he might or might not do because Guiron makes himself a projectile or he launches projectiles, he could fly to Godzilla's aid. However, King Joe doesn't seem to reform for melee attacks, even if he can dodge them. So make with that what you will.

Monster X vs. Godzilla would go as I described earlier.

EDIT: hit the dang submit button by accident.

In conclusion, I think there are too many ways Guiron could be taken down. Even if he fights King Joe Godzilla could off him with a beam.
Last edited by Coobzilla03 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

I’m voting for Bot 1. There’s just too much going against UltimateDitto’s team. If Monster X and Guiron had been going up against almost any other team, they would have a really good chance, it’s just the fact that they’re going up against a team that counters them so well. King Joe is, for all intents and purposes, immune to Guiron. Showa Godzilla’s regen also neutralizes just about anything Guiron could do, minus a very lucky leap at Godzilla’s throat. Monster X is strong, but he’s taking on one of the deadliest melee fighters in kaiju history and a brick wall. There’s just too many scenarios which give it to the bot.
KWCE Administrator

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Poor UltimateDitto. This Bot chose really well. This is gonna be a tough challenge for anyone to face, especially if it keeps adding kaiju.

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Yeah... Monster X is durable, but his fighting skills are HORRIBLE. He's strong, but outside of a wrist lock and lift... THAT'S IT! And Gurion's just outclassed. Showa Godzilla can handle this on his own, while King Joe just stands back and watches.

Bot 1 for the win.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

After a rather surprising landslide, Bot1 steals a victory.
Resized Image