WotW Round 2: Kumonga vs. Showa Anguirus

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

WotW Round 2: Kumonga vs. Showa Anguirus

Post by Zarm »

Match 17: Kumonga vs. Showa Anguirus

Kumonga
Resized Image
Kumonga is 45 meters tall and weighs 8,000 tons.

vs.

Anguirus
This is Anguirus from the 70s films. He is scaled to 60 meters tall and weighs 30,000 tons.

Arena: Tree-bordered parkway

Player Bets
GodzillavsRayquaza – 150 on Kumonga

Please place your votes in bold. Voting may now commence!
Last edited by Zarm on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: WotW Round 2: Kumonga vs. Showa Anguirus

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Anguirus is a purely melee kaiju, which happens to be the worst way of fighting Kumonga. The webbing won't do much, because of how quickly Anguirus we'll get in close, but one jab from the stinger and its all over for the dinosaur.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Actually going with Anguirus on this one.

Godzilla kept his distance most of the fight with Kumonga, playing to the spider's favor. And when Godzilla DID melee, the spider was easily thrashed. Also, the poison stinger is not THAT deadly. It may have killed Kamacuras, but Godzilla took a shot to the eye and survived. I think this fight will go with Anguirus charging in, catching Kumonga off guard. With no time to web, Anguirus will tear into Kumonga before the spider uses its stinger. After one hit, Anguirus will avoid it and rip Kumonga apart.

Winner - Anguirus
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

Anguirus Kumonga's stinger would do damage, but it has to keep it distance in order to properly fire, which Anguirus' tendency to rush an opponent wouldn't give Kumonga the chance. In a close up fight, Anguirus would have the edge here.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

fanofstuff wrote:Anguirus Kumonga's stinger would do damage, but it has to keep it distance in order to properly fire, which Anguirus' tendency to rush an opponent wouldn't give Kumonga the chance. In a close up fight, Anguirus would have the edge here.
Keep his distance? Motherfucker was right in Kamacuras' personal space when he delivered the death blow. Was about to do the same to Minya until Godzilla hit it with a rock.

Kumonga
Getting close to Kumonga is also a bad idea, as when Godzilla tried to melee it, it pinned him and it took Minya spitting his beam to launch Kumonga off Godzilla. Hell, Kumonga would have killed Godzilla multiple times if Minya didn't intervene.

Anguirus starts at a distance away. Kumonga webs him, since Anguirus moves even slower then Godzilla does. IF somehow Anguirus gets close enough to Kumonga, the fuck is he gonna do?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

@Lamango

Anguirus is shown to be an INCREDIBLE competent close range fighter. He fought Anguirus to a standstill, trying to rip out Godzilla's throat merely for Godzilla to do it to him and light him on fire. He also is incredibly resilient. These feats will allow him to bit, claw and tear into Kumonga. At least, he should. The stinger could kill him, but I think his endurance and fighting tenacity will ensure the victory.

Also, Anguirus is quick when he wants to be. He could launch himself at Kumonga with his spikes for instance.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Anguirus is shown to be an INCREDIBLE competent close range fighter. He fought Anguirus to a standstill, trying to rip out Godzilla's throat merely for Godzilla to do it to him and light him on fire
Oh you mean the first Anguirus from 1955? Who isn't in this match? The one from 72-99 is?

And launching himself worked out so well for battling a gimped Mecha-Godzilla, right?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Oh you mean the first Anguirus from 1955? Who isn't in this match? The one from 72-99 is?
Just to confirm, yeah- we're on Anguirus 2.0 here.

LamangoKaijura wrote:And launching himself worked out so well for battling a gimped Mecha-Godzilla, right?
To be fair, that is simply because MechaG had great physical strength and was able to manhandle him (and did the same to King Caesar, who is a pretty strong close-range fighter himself). That's just what he does- draw melee fighters in close and use his great physical strength to latch onto them and overpower them. (That's why it's poetic justice that Godzilla defeated him by doing the same to him). That's not really an indictment on Anguirus' fighting prowess.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

I would also counter it IS the same type of monster, just a different one. I mean, check the main site - http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/anguirus_showa.htm

So while they may be different, the battle technique of one could be used for the other.
—Epsilon

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Greyshot151 wrote:I would also counter it IS the same type of monster, just a different one. I mean, check the main site - http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/anguirus_showa.htm

So while they may be different, the battle technique of one could be used for the other.
You know, except acting completely different with different personalities, different set of organs, fighting completely differently, having different move sets, one being weak to Godzilla's ray and an excellent fighter while the other lost every match he's been in and being different all together, yeah, same creature. :roll:

54 Godzilla, Showa Goji and Heisei Godzilla all are the same type of monster too! So I guess Showa can use nuclear pulse!

No. Anguirus II, despite being excellent in fighting with a group, IE: Godzilla vs Gigan, DaM, SUCKS when he's solo. Here's his feats of him being alone in shit:
  • Running from the JSDF, 55 Anguirus was able to tank those with NO sign of even noticing them.
    Getting his ass handed to him by both Gigan (who slit his face open), and Ghidorah.
    Trying to Solo Ghidorah in 1999 by running at him only to be knocked back, then almost K.O'd by Ghidorah STANDING ON HIM, WITH HIS SPIKEY PARTS,
    showing no ill effect. The real kicker is this has happened twice to Anguirus, and both times he was basically K.O'd for a bit and then either re-entered the battle while Ghidorah was being over whelmed, or stayed out of the fight for a good amount, like he did in Godzilla vs Gigan
    And the whole MechaGodzilla fiasco.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Well, it's Tuesday and still a tie, so it looks like it's up to me to cast the deciding vote. And it's tough, but... I have to say that I'm more convinced by the arguments for Anguirus. Not that his fighting style can be considered the same as his predecessors, but that his own fighting style will be sufficient to overcome Kumonga.

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Controversy, thy name is... Anguirus? After a knock-down, drag-out fight, the scrappy little ankylosaurus manages to squish the spider.

Maranatha!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

OK, I totally disagree. Anguirus would get webbed and stinger'd before he could get close, since Kumonga sprays web then asks questions later. :roll: