WotW Round 1: Zilla vs. Giant Octopus

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

WotW Round 1: Zilla vs. Giant Octopus

Post by Zarm »

Match 8: Zilla vs. Giant Octopus

Zilla
Zilla is scaled to 50 meters and 5,000 tons. This is Zilla from Final Wars, onscreen portrayal. As such, IDW feats and the theorized 'Acid Fire Beam' are not counted. The Jury will entertain arguments that GINO's feats can be used for Zilla in any area that does not directly contradict onscreen evidence. (I.e. Zilla's agility ahs already been demonstrated, and thus is not open to alteration based on GINO's feats. Zilla's swimming ability has not been demonstrated, and thus may be eligible to be counted as identical to GINO's). Zilla does not have GINO's combustible breath.

vs.

The Giant Octopus
The Giant Octopus in action.
The Giant Octopus is scaled to a 30 meter height from base to head, 70 meters from tentacle-tip to head, and weighs 35,000 tons. Note that it only has 6 tentacles, and appears to be minimally affected by electricity. The Giant Octopus is treated as if it is constantly in water (even when on land) for purposes of stamina, etc.

Arena: Harbor bordering downtown.

Rules: This battle occurs in a harbor; if either opponent is deemed capable of not only restraining, but also bodily forcing their opponent, the match can be shifted fully to land or underwater. Zilla will not be defeated by drowning (having Super Mario's infinite lung capacity) unless it can be demonstrated from film evidence that this is the Giant Octopus' primary and only viable method of defeating enemies, and that Zilla (or by extension, GINO) can be drowned.

Player Bets
gzillafan17 – 300 on Zilla
Greyshot151 – 300 on Zilla

Please place your votes in bold, and including your reasoning is appreciated. Voting may now commence!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Re: WotW Round 1: Zilla vs. Giant Octopus

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Zilla

Remember the fight Toonzilla had with C-Rex? When he ripped off tentacles? Zilla's going to decimate Octopus, and then eat him.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Just a reminder that this is GFW Zilla only, not the '98 character or the animated son of that character. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Zarm wrote:Just a reminder that this is GFW Zilla only, not the '98 character or the animated son of that character. :)
And that matters? It has the same speed and same mouth and same claws.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Zarm wrote:Just a reminder that this is GFW Zilla only, not the '98 character or the animated son of that character. :)
Per the posted rules, gotta prove that's the case before it can be taken as a given. (Though to be fair, that means less when there isn't a jury to convince anymore). Feats from alternate versions of Zilla are considered inapplicable unless a case can be made as to why they are the same. Given that animated Godzilla had both atomic breath and greater durability than his predecessor, I think it's safe to say that there were considerable enough biological changes that speed and strength cannot be taken as identical. Teeth and claws, quite possibly. :)

Maranatha!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Zarm wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Per the posted rules, gotta prove that's the case before it can be taken as a given. (Though to be fair, that means less when there isn't a jury to convince anymore). Feats from alternate versions of Zilla are considered inapplicable unless a case can be made as to why they are the same. Given that animated Godzilla had both atomic breath and greater durability than his predecessor, I think it's safe to say that there were considerable enough biological changes that speed and strength cannot be taken as identical. Teeth and claws, quite possibly. :)
And let's not forget speed. This zilla dodged almost a point blank Heat Beam from DA STWONGEST GODDILLER EBAH

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Zilla takes this, he is more durable, smarter, and faster than the Giant Octopus.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Going with Zilla. On land, he can easily evade the tentacles as they aren't necessarily fast and are essentially blind. In water however this is far, FAR closer.

Zilla is descent when it comes to speed, as he did evade torpedos which the Octopus did not, but this Zilla also has claws that tore apart New York infrastructure like it was nothing. It took time, but he did shred concrete and steel and since the Octopus has less protection, he should be very susceptible to this. Again, if the Giant Octopus clutches him, he can crush Zilla but I think Zilla has just enough agility to get the win.

Zilla
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

Zilla He's just too fast for the Giant Octopus to be able to properly wrap its tentacles around him while allowing him to run around biting and slashing.

Gman1954
Samurai

Post by Gman1954 »

Zilla he is to fast and powerful for the Giant Octopus.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

With a tearful acceptance speech at the close of voting, Zilla accepts his first-ever victory to a polite smattering of applause.

Maranatha!