War of the Weaklings

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: War of the Weaklings

Post by Zarm »

Round 3 is finished, and we're into the Final Four on both matches! The war of the metal men up top, and the squids are still going strong (or... just the opposite, actually) down below. It's time to decide the contestants for the final match, so place your bets!

For the winners' bracket, our sidelined-Gaira was originally going to come out and reinforce whichever kaiju had to take on the winner of the Heavyweight division- but as it stands, Talos has basically claimed heavyweight status with that sword of his already, so we're going to leave this showdown all on its lonesome. And over on the other side of the castle, will Mechani-Kong grenades be enough to finally stop Biollante's reign of terror? Or will the little ape that no one expected to make it thus far turn out to be not as acid-proof as he might hope? (And yes, it was extremely tempting to drop the scaling rules just so we could see Mechani-Kong climbing Biollante, but I managed to resist...)

...While out by the inexplicably-contemporaneously-setting-sun, the Son of Godzilla gets one final shot at glory against the one opponent almost as lightweight as he is, while the Giant Condor may have finally found an opponent with flesh soft enough to sink his talons into... if he can stand the cold!

You know the drill by now- you will be wagering on the winner of the match.

Once again, we have a slight change to betting rules:
As of now, you have only two options- either all-in, or half-and-half on two different matches.

Place your bets!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Half my points on Biollante.
Other half on Minya.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Accepted.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Half my points to Biollante, and Half to Jet Jaguar!
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Accepted! Betting against the sword... daring of you! :)

Maranatha!

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

All in on Biollante(Rose Form).

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Accepted; wagering is now closed on Biollante (Rose Form).
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Quite sadly, I am going to remove kaijunator and Coobzilla03 from the list. Neither has been on for almost 2 months, and are essentially functioning as bots. Alas, fair Fantasy Matches; where hath gone thy strength?

...As for the rest of y'all, better to have your wagers in by Wednesday or so. :)

Maranatha!

Gman1954
Samurai

Post by Gman1954 »

Half on Gezora and Half on Jet Jaguar.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Accepted!

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Right! With gzillafan17 being the unfortunate benefactor of the random-wager wheel, the semi-finals are off and running; all wagering is closed. This will determine the championship in both directions... and may the best kaiju win!

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

We'll close voting shortly, so last chance to get your votes in...

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

And here we are- the final round! The numbers have turned against gzillafan17, leaving only Greyshot151, Gman1954, fanofstuff, and GodzillavsRayquaza still standing here at the end!

For the prize, we have a heroic robot out to preserve the peace, versus a surprisingly-versatile stationary flower… who has bulldozed everyone in her path.

On the losers side, it is the two ‘giant animal’ kaiju, known better by their generic descriptors than by their given names… Oodakoo, the giant octopus, and Daikondora, the Giant Condor.

Place your final bets- all in on one contestant! No more than two wagers on any one contestant, so get your wagers in early! Once we’re all set, the final round will begin!

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

All in on Biollante.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

All in on Biollante.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

All in on Oodako.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Awesome, and accepted. I'll p.m. our last contestant...

Maranatha!

Gman1954
Samurai

Post by Gman1954 »

All in on Oodako

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

All wagers accepted, and the final matches are up for voting! Come one, come all- let's get as many weigh-ins as we can on what I'd consider two very close, very interesting matches! And may the best kaiju win (and lose!) Good luck, all!

Maranatha!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

It's been a little over 3 months since this tourney started, let's wrap this up soon so that someone else can have their turn.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.