War of the Weaklings

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Re: War of the Weaklings

Post by fanofstuff »

300 Maguma
100 Jet Jaguar
100 Kumonga

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Wasn't planning on joining, but how many more people would be necessary to make the jury system possible? I'd be willing to joing if it would bring it any closer than a miniscule amounn.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Wasn't planning on joining, but how many more people would be necessary to make the jury system possible? I'd be willing to joing if it would bring it any closer than a miniscule amounn.
Right now, we have enough- but the jurors have already been released, and become participants- thus I think that ship has sailed.

That said, we would of course be happy to have you if you wish to join.
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Zarm wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Wasn't planning on joining, but how many more people would be necessary to make the jury system possible? I'd be willing to joing if it would bring it any closer than a miniscule amounn.
Right now, we have enough- but the jurors have already been released, and become participants- thus I think that ship has sailed.

That said, we would of course be happy to have you if you wish to join.
I see. I think i'm going to pass on joining, i get a bit heated when it comes to these kind of things, but thanks.

Gman1954
Samurai

Post by Gman1954 »

Bets
300 on Jet Jaguar
200 on Godzilla Jr

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

As of now, Match #3 (Jet Jaguar vs. Minila w/ atomic breath) is full up and accepting no more wagers. (Match #4 only has one availability left).

When we receive wagers from our remaining 4 contestants, the matches will begin; in future rounds, there will be a several-day time window for placing bets after which a mandatory minimum-bid to a random contestant will be assigned anyone who didn't respond, and things will move on.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Bets
300 for Zilla
200 for Godzilla Jr

Question, can bets be changed before the are accepted but after they are posted?
Last edited by gzillafan17 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Match #4 is now closed as well.

gzillafan17 wrote:Question, can bets be changed before the are accepted but after they are posted?
If the matches haven't been posted, I would say so. If so, I will have to start posting acceptance instead of just adding them to the first post. In which case... all wagers posted up to this point have been accepted. :)
Last edited by Zarm on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Fellas, I really hate to do this; we have low participation numbers already. But this isn't really fair to the folks that are waiting. So I'm going to give 2 more days for Coobzilla03, Greyshot151, and Kaijunator to post their wagers, or they'll be entered in with a default wager.

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Final reminder - last chance for wagers, and secret wagers (that applies to those already having wagered, too). In 2-3 hours, wagering will close for round one (no-shows will be assigned one by default), and secret wagers will be closed permanently.

Maranatha!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

300 on Zilla
100 on Junior
100 on Kumonga

Sorry for the delay, super busy at the office the last week. :dizzy:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Greyshot151 wrote:300 on Zilla
100 on Junior
100 on Kumonga

Believe me, I hear ya! ;) Kumonga and Zilla are accepted, but Junior's match is full. Care to select an alternate?

Maranatha!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Zarm wrote:
Greyshot151 wrote:300 on Zilla
100 on Junior
100 on Kumonga

Believe me, I hear ya! ;) Kumonga and Zilla are accepted, but Junior's match is full. Care to select an alternate?
Sure. 100 on Zigra! If not, 100 on Manda. If not, thenn double my score for Kumonga :lol:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Zigra works! :)

Added in 1 hour 2 minutes 54 seconds:
Right, all wagers are now closed.

The whims of Random.org were quite capricious, I'm afraid; in absentia, Coobzilla03 has wagered 100 points on the Giant Condor, while Kaijunator has wagered 100 points on Ganimes. Despite my Maguma fandom, I respect the heck out of that choice, Coobzilla. Best of luck.

Rounds are up for voting!
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

If you really wanted weaklings, get Magura from Ultraman in here. Or Chandorah. Zahzan. Twintail. A lot of Ultra Kaiju could have been in this.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Oh crap, I forgot about this! Welp, guess I'll just have to deal with the result.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Kaijunator wrote:Oh crap, I forgot about this! Welp, guess I'll just have to deal with the result.
Understandable; it seems like that kind of summer, board-wide. Next round will be a fresh start all-round, hopefully!
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Okey-dokey; Round 1 is complete! It's a Space Ameoba clean-sweep... and by the end of the coming round, there will be at-best only 2 western kaiju remaining! But even as the demographics shift, the tournament isn't over yet!

Except for those who got auto-assigned, looks like everyone doubles their wagers; a dead heat so far! The voting opens on round 2 with just as many matches... but now divided into two camps. First off, we'll check in on Osaka castle...

...And secondly, looking out at the loney sunset as the losers head back out to sea. But they're not done squabbling yet! In these rounds, you will still be wagering on the winner of the match, but in this set of brackets, the winners will be eliminated and the losers stay on, until we determine the weakest of them all!

A few notes on matches before voting begins:

-Match 24: Due to the radiation hardening (insufficient for Element X, but substantial nonetheless), Mechani-Kong is not considered to be affected by Zigra's ray unless a strong case can be made as to why this rule is incorrect.

-Match 26: This round is not the foregone conclusion of re-enacting Godzilla's Revenge; this Minilla only has the intelligence and anthropomorphization of SoG Minilla. Whether that makes any difference or not is up to the individual voter, but the conclusion should not be taken as automatic.

-None of the loser's brackets will be susceptible to drowning, and Moguera is treated as waterproof.

The rules have changed slightly; this round:
The minimum bets has increased to 150 points, and the maximum to 500 (still in multiples of 50). Players must bet at least 500 points this round, or be eliminated.
Only 2 wagers will be allowed per match, so get 'em while supplies last. ;)

Place your bets!

Maranatha!

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

500 on Biollante
200 on Talos
100 on Baragon

Also, I love how it's inferred that Gaira just noped out there.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Hmmm. Well in that case, going to go a little more risky:

300 - Jet Jaguar
200 - Mothra Larva
200 - Minilla
—Epsilon