KBT Round 3: SenseiTeriyakiV vs BlueGojira

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: KBT Round 3: SenseiTeriyakiV vs BlueGojira

Post by Zarm »

I dunno; I think his regeneration is pretty mediocre considering the 1-year-later scars. I do think a double-team of Xenomorph attack and electric Kong could do it. I just don't see a scenario in which both of them could take him on in sufficient shape to emerge victorious.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Zarm wrote:I dunno; I think his regeneration is pretty mediocre considering the 1-year-later scars. I do think a double-team of Xenomorph attack and electric Kong could do it. I just don't see a scenario in which both of them could take him on in sufficient shape to emerge victorious.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that chest wound from the AZC? I haven't seen GxM in a while, but I remember it leaving a super-nasty wound, and only having a scar from it is still rather impressive. It might not be the best regen a Godzilla has had, but it's still rather good.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

^ It didn't just leave a wound, it turned things into microscopic chunks of ice. We see it hit a couple of buildings and do that in less than a second.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

BlueGojira wrote:^ It didn't just leave a wound, it turned things into microscopic chunks of ice. We see it hit a couple of buildings and do that in less than a second.
I know that, but Godzilla wasn't hit by the full force of the thing. If I remember correctly, I believe part of it was because he was underwater? Thing is, even being hit by a fraction of that thing's power, and surviving like Godzilla did, is impressive.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I think I always figured that, consider Kiryu's likewise survival and the lack of Godzilla being dead, that the effect was somehow severely diffused.

Generally, though, I just figured that regardless of cause, a wound is a wound- and still showing traces of it so long after is a much slower healing time (I mean, it seems like for Heisei or 2000 or Showa (buzzsaw wounds, etc.) that would be gone in days, hours, or even minutes.

That said, even if the regen is a slow worker (and possibly slow enough to not really make much of a difference to the timescale involved in this fight), the actual durability in battle displayed by surviving the diffused AZC is indeed probably better than I gave him credit for.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:^ It didn't just leave a wound, it turned things into microscopic chunks of ice. We see it hit a couple of buildings and do that in less than a second.
I know that, but Godzilla wasn't hit by the full force of the thing. If I remember correctly, I believe part of it was because he was underwater? Thing is, even being hit by a fraction of that thing's power, and surviving like Godzilla did, is impressive.
Sorry! The way I phrased my reply sounded like I disagreed. I was saying I agree with you about how no matter what stage it was in, the Absolute Zero was still the Absolute Zero and I also thought it was very impressive for him to survive at all.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

BlueGojira wrote: Sorry! The way I phrased my reply sounded like I disagreed. I was saying I agree with you about how no matter what stage it was in, the Absolute Zero was still the Absolute Zero and I also thought it was very impressive for him to survive at all.
It's fine. I interpreted your post as saying you thought Godzilla was hit with the AZC's full power. But yeah, it's fine. KiryuGoji tends to be considered one of the weaker Godzilla incarnations, and there's plenty of precedent for it, but beam and durability-wise, he's actually rather impressive. And against the guys he's fighting here, being on the lower end of the Godzilla power spectrum is still deadly.
KWCE Administrator

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Voting has ended with BlueGojira winning.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA