KBT Round 2: Coobzilla03 vs MuchWowSuchGodzilla

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Kiryu2012
Keizer

KBT Round 2: Coobzilla03 vs MuchWowSuchGodzilla

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Coobzilla03
Showa Godzilla
Legendary Godzilla

vs
MuchWowSuchGodzilla
Silvagon
Fire Golza

Arena: African savannah

Rules: All combatants are scaled to around the human size range.

Voting may now begin. Please put your vote in bold.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: KBT Round 2: Coobzilla03 vs MuchWowSuchGodzilla

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Going to wait for arguments, but I'm seeing Coobzilla win this. He has two melee powerhouses on his side, either Showa or Legendary can hold Silvagon off long enough to deal with Fire Golza. Fire Golza is tough, but power Tiga was beating him up pretty well, and I'd say Showa or Legendary is at least close enough to power Tiga to do the job. Once it's a two on one, Silvagon just can't win.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dang. This is the only match besides my own that I feel even remotely knowledgeable enough to comment on, and... I just don't know. My gut instinct is that the Godzilla duo lack the oomph to put either of their opponents down... but they do have a range advantage, and Godzilla 70s frequently out-melees opponents that I would not expect him to be able to defeat. And this is, after all, 70s Godzilla with a tag team partner, the deadliest force in the universe. :)

I am going to have to wait to be swayed by arguments, because I am honestly not certain.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Coobzilla03 take this. The melee and strength department go to the Godzillas. And they have ranged weaponry.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

All in all my team takes it. Godzilla Showa can take either of them on; Silvagon because he's a poor fighter and he's really slow, and Fire Golza because he's not the best at fighting too, though not as bad as Silvagon. Golza's beam won't help to much because, frankly, it sucks. :P And Monsterverse Godzilla can hold his own long enough against either to wait for the other Godzilla to come to his aid, thanks in no small part to his durability and brutality. Plus, the Godzillas could pull off an awesome finisher on someone. ;) Coobzilla03
Resized Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I'm going to go MWSG. From what I know, silvagon is really strong and has enough strength to take on either godzilla at least enough to hold them off. IF i'm not incorrect, Golza has a beam absorption ability, so he can absorb the long range weaponry. Legendary goes down first and then showa gets double teamed.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I'm going to go MWSG. From what I know, silvagon is really strong and has enough strength to take on either godzilla at least enough to hold them off. IF i'm not incorrect, Golza has a beam absorption ability, so he can absorb the long range weaponry. Legendary goes down first and then showa gets double teamed.
I hate to argue with you, it's just I can't afford a loss :)

#1. Even for how strong Silvagon is, he's extremely sluggish and stupid. Either Godzilla could beat him, though not without some trouble.

#2. About Fire Golza's ability, will it really help? The beam he gets from absorbing is rather weak, and the Godzilla's won't use their beam all too often anyways, as its not their primary way of attack. It'll just prolong the inevitable.
Resized Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Coobzilla03 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I'm going to go MWSG. From what I know, silvagon is really strong and has enough strength to take on either godzilla at least enough to hold them off. IF i'm not incorrect, Golza has a beam absorption ability, so he can absorb the long range weaponry. Legendary goes down first and then showa gets double teamed.
I hate to argue with you, it's just I can't afford a loss :)

#1. Even for how strong Silvagon is, he's extremely sluggish and stupid. Either Godzilla could beat him, though not without some trouble.

#2. About Fire Golza's ability, will it really help? The beam he gets from absorbing is rather weak, and the Godzilla's won't use their beam all too often anyways, as its not their primary way of attack. It'll just prolong the inevitable.
well, I can't really say much as i've never seen ultraman, but from what I know Silvagons strength seriously makes up for his intelligence; and I'm not sure that legengoji at leas is a great prize there either. He was smart enough to do the kiss of death and tail trap, yes, but not intelligent enough to outclass silvagons strength. Showa maybe able to take him on, but fire golza seems like he's pretty talented in both strength and smarts if i'm correct, and legendary will be stuck fighting him. So wither way legengoji is probably out.

Fire golza's absorption will prevent either godzilla from really using their beam on him, and that beam was Legengojis saving grace, so that could be a problem.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Legendary or Showa Godzilla could hold off Silvagon just fine. Silvagon didn't display any fighting skill or overwhelming strength that would allow him to demolish either Godzilla. Yeah, he was putting up a good fight against Power Tiga, but Ultras have color timers that tend to make things much more difficult for them. Against two opponents who have displayed similar feats, but without the color timer, Fire Golza and Silvagon won't win this. Silvagon could beat Legendary, but it would take him forever, and Fire Golza would not have forever to hold Showa off. Or Legendary can bulldoze Fire Golza, while Showa takes on Silvagon. Coobzilla03.
Edit: Also, both Godzillas are way faster and more agile than both Ultra monsters.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: well, I can't really say much as i've never seen ultraman, but from what I know Silvagons strength seriously makes up for his intelligence; and I'm not sure that legengoji at leas is a great prize there either. He was smart enough to do the kiss of death and tail trap, yes, but not intelligent enough to outclass silvagons strength. Showa maybe able to take him on, but fire golza seems like he's pretty talented in both strength and smarts if i'm correct, and legendary will be stuck fighting him. So wither way legengoji is probably out.
Here's Silvagon's battle with Tiga: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p70yI8Jjwmo

You replace Tiga with faster, more durable and skilled fighters then Silvagon would definitely have some trouble. Monsterverse Godzilla is a quicker hand-to-hand fighter, and has great durability. He can surely take some hits. And Showa Godzilla is fast and smart enough to effectively fight Silvagon without taking many hits. And if he does get tagged, he'll be fine considering he's been beaten on by very strong opponents like Titanosaurus and kept fighting.

And here's Fire Golza's fight with Tiga: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7568BPvDdrk

Once again, you replace Tiga with someone less dependent on beams, stronger and more durable Fire Golza will have some trouble. Legendary Godzilla is durable enough to go toe-to-toe with him, and Showa Godzilla is skilled enough to as well.
Fire golza's absorption will prevent either godzilla from really using their beam on him, and that beam was Legengojis saving grace, so that could be a problem.
True, but it won't need to be his saving grace here, considering he wouldn't be in big trouble like he was with the MUTOs because Fire Golza has considerably less damaging weapons. Legendary Godzilla won't need to use it.
Resized Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Well, I guess i'ma trust the experts. Switching vote to Coobzilla

Gman1954
Samurai

Post by Gman1954 »

I'm voting for Coobzilla03. His Kaiju have better speed, strength, and durability. Either Godzilla could probably take on both Silvagon and Fire Golza.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

Coob takes this. I was originally still thinking about which side to choose, but after hearing what others have to say and choosing my gut instinct it just became obvious.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Myselftakes this. Legendary wont be bulldozing anyone since there all scaled down to the same human size, and neither Godzilla's beams are deadly enough to dent Silvagon or FG. Silvagon is stronger than Legendary and im positive Fire Golza can do some heavy damage to Showa with his beam.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

This is really tough. Fire Golza's toughness and Energy-absorption would give him a major advantage over most Godzillas... but these are the two most brawl-focused, least beam-using Godzillas around. While Legendary's bulk could help him sumo-wrestler style, but both his opponents are similarly bulky. I think, on his lonesome, I could see him being eventually defeated by either Silvagon or Fire Golza; certianly by both. But...

My old nemesis, Showa Godzilla.

He has been shown to have the strength to bowl over much heavier opponents. His melee reliance could spell real trouble for Fire Golza. Silvagon is going to be a tough nut to crack no matter what... but with both Godzillas able to do the signature tag-team bit, pounding their foes between a hammer and an anvil, not to mention various tail-slides, body slams, and other mutual finishers... and if Legendary administers the kiss of death, it's not going to be stopped by Golza's heat-absorbing plates or Silvagon's tough hide...

Golza has an advantage in toughness, in burrowing, and if the Godzillas use their beams unwisely, that could turn the tide. But fortunately for the Godzilla team, both of these guys tend to lead (and stick with) melee. If they don't make the idiotic move of trying to finish Golza with a beam (and potentially recharge him a bit)... I think they could take this.

It would be a brutal slug-fest; I'm picturing Silvagon and Legendary just slamming into each-other, chest-butting, vicious clawing, while Showa struggles to keep up with the burrowing, beam-blasting, resilient Golza... but at some point- perhaps when Golza is underground- they are going to end up joining forces on one or both kaiju, and that's going to break the deadlock. I can't stress just how close I think this match is, how many times I've gone back and forth on this, literally agonizing over the decision with way more time and attention than this voting probably calls for... but I am going to have to vote for Coobzilla03 to take a hair's-width narrow, but decisive, victory.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Voting has ended with Coobzilla03 winning.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA