King of Showa R4 - MechaGodzilla '75 vs. Gigan & Megalon

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Re: King of Showa R4 - MechaGodzilla '75 vs. Gigan & Megalon

Post by gzillafan17 »

Here's how I see it, MG will fire at one of them, flooring them. Leaving one to get up close and distract MG long enough for his partner to recover and get up close and help beat MG. It will be close, but still leaning Gigan and Megalon.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

But the question I now entertain is, do they have the beating strength to actually disable MechaG? It took Godzilla and King Caesar, and even then, it took decapitation, which this model isn't suceptible to.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

I dunno where people are getting this silliness about MG only being capable of targeting a single opponent at a time. MG'74 showed he was perfectly capable of shooting two opponents at the same time, and MG'75 never demonstrated an inability to do so himself, so there's really no reason to think he can't.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

It seems that all of the debate I have observed on Mechagodzilla '75 makes a distinction in capabilities based on what was actually demonstrated on screen. I can see that point; there are several instances wherein capabilities of Mechagodzilla 1 are not used when they would have been handy if he'd had them... and since he is a completely new build, outfitted differently, there is a logical reason why some features could have been left out.

I believe that the general consensus is, unless MechaGodzilla 2 demonstrated a specific skill, he cannot be assumed to have had it- that feature was left out of the new salvage build. :) That includes multi-direction targetting, force-field, and according to some, physical chasis strength.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Zarm wrote:It seems that all of the debate I have observed on Mechagodzilla '75 makes a distinction in capabilities based on what was actually demonstrated on screen. I can see that point; there are several instances wherein capabilities of Mechagodzilla 1 are not used when they would have been handy if he'd had them... and since he is a completely new build, outfitted differently, there is a logical reason why some features could have been left out.

I believe that the general consensus is, unless MechaGodzilla 2 demonstrated a specific skill, he cannot be assumed to have had it- that feature was left out of the new salvage build. :) That includes multi-direction targetting, force-field, and according to some, physical chasis strength.
I get that, and for the most part I don't disagree with it. But saying MG'75 is incapable of simultaneously targeting two opponents when he was never in a situation to do so in the first place is silly, especially when MG'74 DID display such ability. This isn't like his melee skill or force field, where he could have made use of them like MG'74 did but didn't and thus the argument can be made that he's lacking them. And even then the question of his lack of melee skill compared to '74 is debatable, thanks to some REALLY wonky editing in one part of the movie.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

It's fucking BS Megalon and Gigan won. Fuckers couldn't even handle Godzilla's beam shot at their feet.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.