King of Showa R3 - Godzilla '70s vs. King Ghidorah

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

King of Showa R3 - Godzilla '70s vs. King Ghidorah

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla ‘70s

vs.

King Ghidorah

Arena: World Expo ’70 (Gamera vs. Jiger)

Rules: Monsters are scaled to Toho Showa sizes. Ultra Color Timers are turned off. Please POST YOUR VOTES IN BOLD.

Player Bets
- Birdman (1850 Points on King Ghidorah)
- PopInPicsPresents (1800 Points on Godzilla '70s)
- Giratina93 (1400 Points on King Ghidorah)
- Breakdown (1000 Points on Godzilla '70s)
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: King of Showa R3 - Godzilla '70s vs. King Ghidorah

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Okay, I know what many people are going to say when casting their votes for G70: "Didn't you see how brutally he beat down Ghidorah in GvG? It's going to be a replay of that here!"

1. Even here, Godzilla had help from Anguirus.

2. GvG's Ghidorah... was clearly not in the zone for some reason. Just look at him. He's barely active, and barely even fights, just standing there occasionally firing a bolt or two ( And even then, a stray miss KO'd Anguirus for a while, and a flick from the tail sent the poor guy sprawling.) I highly doubt this stoned out Ghidorah is going to be our fighter, but rather the far more active one seen in pretty much every other Showa film and Zone Fighter.

Now with that out of the way, there's a reason I'm casting my lot with King Ghidorah: He's flatout immune to Godzilla's beam. When Godzilla nailed him with it in DaM, it did nothing. No sparks, no explosion, no wound... NOTHING. This is the same beam that wrecked Titanosaurus, and Gigan definitely wasn't a fan of it. Ghidorah does not care at all about the beam, which means Godzilla's going to have to fight up close and personal. Granted, I've said before that G70's is a great fighter, but he's in over his head here. Zone Fighter, who has fighting skills about on par with G70, was struggling against King Ghidorah until he started pulling out his special moves, none of which Godzilla has access to here. Godzilla's not going to be enjoying the gravity bolts, or the powerful hurricane winds, or the possibility of him getting flung back if he tries to fight up close by Ghidorah's necks. Ghidorah's just too much for Godzilla to take on solo. He NEEDS some form of backup, and he's got none here.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

EDIT: Changed my vote. Will explain why down below.
Last edited by Coobzilla03 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Coobzilla03 wrote:I don't see Godzilla getting past King Ghidorah's defense. His beam will do nothing, he'll get flung in melee, he just can't do anything. On the other hand, King Ghidorah can beat on him and fire his Gravity Bolts, which will hurt. By the way guys, I didn't bet on King Ghidorah. I don't know where MM got that from.
1. Godzilla can definitely hurt King Ghidorah in melee. Zone Fighter was doing it, and I'm sure Godzilla can as well. He just has to be VERY careful about getting flung away like that. This isn't a one-sided matchup, but I just feel Ghidorah's too much for Godzilla to handle alone.

2. MM slapped your name onto my bid, seeing as it's the exact same as mine.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Giratina93 wrote:Zone Fighter, who has fighting skills about on par with G70, was struggling against King Ghidorah until he started pulling out his special moves, none of which Godzilla has access to here.
If this is 70s Godzilla, though, with no special conditions, doesn't that mean he has access to flight, magnetism, tail-slides, and bursting inexplicably out of large warehouses? ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Zarm wrote:
Giratina93 wrote:Zone Fighter, who has fighting skills about on par with G70, was struggling against King Ghidorah until he started pulling out his special moves, none of which Godzilla has access to here.
If this is 70s Godzilla, though, with no special conditions, doesn't that mean he has access to flight, magnetism, tail-slides, and bursting inexplicably out of large warehouses? ;)
... you know what I meant. Hardly any of those are going to be of help to him here, except MAYBE the flight, but good luck using that against Ghidorah :P

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Well, calculations have been made about the necessary beam force required for flight, and what it means to the atomic breath- so it may well be at a level higher than the typical showa beam. (Other than that, yeah, I don't suspect most of his additional showings will be much help). Whether that means anything, i leave that to others more knowledgeable than I to interpret.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Giratina93 wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:I don't see Godzilla getting past King Ghidorah's defense. His beam will do nothing, he'll get flung in melee, he just can't do anything. On the other hand, King Ghidorah can beat on him and fire his Gravity Bolts, which will hurt. By the way guys, I didn't bet on King Ghidorah. I don't know where MM got that from.
1. Godzilla can definitely hurt King Ghidorah in melee. Zone Fighter was doing it, and I'm sure Godzilla can as well. He just has to be VERY careful about getting flung away like that. This isn't a one-sided matchup, but I just feel Ghidorah's too much for Godzilla to handle alone.

2. MM slapped your name onto my bid, seeing as it's the exact same as mine.
1. I know he can hurt him, it's just not likely it'll do much of anything in the long run.

2. But I didn't bet 1400 on anything, if that's what you mean.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

So, do we have an official ruling on 'which' King Ghidorah this is?

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Zarm wrote:So, do we have an official ruling on 'which' King Ghidorah this is?
Does it make that much of a difference? I know GvG King Ghidorah has brain damage, but is there a difference between the KG's from the rest of the Showa movies? Is there a difference with Zone Fighter KG?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Zarm wrote:So, do we have an official ruling on 'which' King Ghidorah this is?
Does it make that much of a difference? I know GvG King Ghidorah has brain damage, but is there a difference between the KG's from the rest of the Showa movies? Is there a difference with Zone Fighter KG?
Well, we have proof of Gozilla 70s beating the vs. Gigan version, so this match should be settled in Godzilla's victory if they're all the same. But DAM Ghidorah, folks are claiming is unassailable. So I figure there's a difference. I mean, if they're all the same, then this battle has been fought and already decided, so it's really based on the debate itself that I assume the difference between Ghidorahs is a viable concept. (I'd also suggest that the Monster Zero Ghidorah didn't put up a great showing, and GTTHM is completely untested against the atomic ray... whereas DAM *could* put up with a lot more).

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I'm not casting a vote yet, but I'd like to say that comparing 60s Godzilla's beam to 70s Godzilla's beam isn't a good comparison. I remember 70s beam causing larger explosions, and just generally having better feats. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

King Ghidorah lacks any serious offensive capabilities. He's durable, sure, but that's literally it. Even in DAM, all he really did was fire off a few gravity bolts and flail his head around wildly. Giving it to 70s Godzilla.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Godzilla not being able to do anything in melee is....laughable. Sure, King Ghidorah can tail flick him maybe once, but Godzillas can get right back up and once Godzilla gets up close its going to be very hard for KG to throw him off. Godzilla will more than likely slam him around via his neck then proceed to kick his ass into submission. Only problem is once KG starts spamming the GB spam, which he will, Godzillas regen will be getting taxed and overcame. This is what pushes KG into the win here. Unless K.Os count as a win, KGs got this in the bag.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Post by RodanStomps »

Considering how wild Godzilla's fighting style got as the '70s progressed AND the fact the DAM Godzilla's atomic breath did a decent amount of damage to KG's neck which in my eyes sorta implies that his beam only got stronger with time. KG's offense has really stayed pretty much the same, flail his necks around, fire a few gravity beams, and sometimes flies around, which Godzilla can easily tank considering the beatings he took from Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus in ToM. I gotta go with Godzilla '70s here
Last edited by RodanStomps on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

70's Godzilla is at the top of Tooth and Claw CQC kaiju for a reason. He's trained with Zonefighter, he's no slouch, he's fast, he's smart, and can use surrounding objects to benefit him. Godzilla '70s People seem to forget his beam grounded Ghidorah long enough in 1999 for the other kaiju to gang up on him.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Now that I think about it, I say Godzilla '70s wins because of his melee prowess. I kinda overrated Ghidorah's bolts and especially his melee capabilities.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

All right, I am convinced- Godzilla 70s for me as well!

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

RodanStomps wrote:Considering how wild Godzilla's fighting style got as the '70s progressed AND the fact the DAM Godzilla's atomic breath did a decent amount of damage to KG's neck which in my eyes sorta implies that his beam only got stronger with time. KG's offense has really stayed pretty much the same, flail his necks around, fire a few gravity beams, and sometimes flies around, which Godzilla can easily tank considering the beatings he took from Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus in ToM. I gotta go with Godzilla '70s here
I'm going to have to stop you right there. Godzilla's beam did NOTHING to King Ghidorah's neck. The wound you're talking about came from Anguirus's fangs having latched onto that neck prior, not Godzilla's breath. The only physical damage Godzilla did to KG during DAM was a little nibble on the back.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The only physical damage Godzilla did to KG during DAM was a little nibble on the back.
That's cause he's like, thirty years older in DAM. And even then, that's god damn 68 Godzilla. This is Seventies 'boxing, kung fu, wrestling, dancing' Godzilla.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.