King of Showa R2 - Ultraseven vs. Gigan & Megalon

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Re: King of Showa R2 - Ultraseven vs. Gigan & Megalon

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

LamangoKaijura wrote:So Gigan, lets say, is so tough, how come, multiple times, he was blasted out of the sky by a ray that barely damaged him?
If it didn't damage Gigan, why was he getting shot out of the sky by it? Not only did he survive multiple Atomic Rays, he survived those falls just fine too. It's not like the ray was weaker in the movie for some reason. That probably puts his durability way over what Seven is used too. Changing my vote to Gigan and Megalon because I can't see Ultraseven putting them both down.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

That probably puts his durability way over what Seven is used too.
So you're saying Gigan > King Joe?
What makes you think Godzilla's beam wouldn't annihilate most of U7's various opponents outright? Zone Fighter gave us a pretty good indicator of the power gap between Godzilla and your typical toku series kaiju.
Well there's a difference, the Aliens he fought were weak as shit. The monsters he fought put up a decent fight, ala King Joe and Geyron Starbem.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

LamangoKaijura wrote:
I mean...
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
I mean...
Yeah, later versions of King Joe are pretty shit compared to Showa, who needed a special chemical to break away his armor.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

LamangoKaijura wrote:Yeah, later versions of King Joe are pretty shit compared to Showa, who needed a special chemical to break away his armor.
The armor's cool but King Joe has no way to put down Gigan. It's not like it fights very well or has powerful weapons.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Well there's a difference, the Aliens he fought were weak as shit. The monsters he fought put up a decent fight, ala King Joe and Geyron Starbem.
And you know what the difference in this particular match is? U7 is fighting both Gigan and Megalon at the same time. If it was 1-on-1 against either of them, yes, U7 would win with some difficulty, just as he ultimately did against his stronger opponents in his series. Do you think U7 would have still won if he'd fought King Joe and Gyeron at the same time? Hell no.

Also, since I didn't actually vote before, Gigan and Megalon.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Fighting 2 on 1 is never a good thing, since all you need is one wrong move or one second too long and you're down on the ground getting your face caved in. It takes a specially good fighter to be able to handle a 2 on 1 situation...

Ultraseven, however good he is, is not THAT good. Gigan and Megalon are gonna have a field day battering him around unless he somehow kills one of them very fast... which I don't see happening here.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

You're all acting like Megalon and Gigan will be able to do the same shit they did to a vague Ultraman like Robot to an actual Ultraman. MUH TOHOS.
UltraSeven survived and helped kill two kaiju beating the shit out of him in another show. Two kaiju who could cause Kaiju sized Typhoons. BUT MUH TOHOS are better then the Giras brothers? Fuck off. :roll: Gigan and Megalon will spend the first few moments of the match, taunting, like they did with Jet Jaguar, and Seven just fucking decapitates one of them with the Eye Slugger.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

If Gigan takes any significant damage, like say from a flying energized blade perhaps, he'll immediately run away. This will either let Ultraseven shoot him in the back, or it will leave Megalon alone. As we all know, Megalon on his own can barely count to 1, much less fight Ultraseven. If Ultraseven chooses to shoot Gigan in the back as he's fleeing, it'll disfigure Gigan and make Ultraseven's job much easier.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Is running away allowed?
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Is running away allowed?
Nothing in the rules against it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

BUT MUH TOHOS are better then the Giras brothers? skreeonk off
As neat as the Gillas Bros are, you're high if you think they'd stand a chance against a competent team, be it Gigan and Megalon or not. With that said, I too am voting Gigan and Megalon. On their own, yeah, Ultraseven would have a much greater chance of victory. But against them both, he is way out of his league. Save for a few kaiju of the Showa era, most of the kaiju from Toho ARE beyond that of what Ultras are used to. I will even say Gamera kaiju would be on the higher spectrum of things if they'd be Ultra kaiju. This includes powers, durability and fighting abilities. Ultraseven has never faced something as utterly violent as Gigan. Nor has he ever faced something with the sheer firepower of Megalon's napalm bombs. Even King Joe, the only thing he did was punch and try crushing. Gigan will be bashing him and cutting him. The Eye Slugger? You really think that is going to one-shot them? Will it hurt? Sure. But one-shot? No. No it will not.

"ULTRASEVEN CAN RIP LIMBS OFF!!!"

Yeah, he did it once. To a kaiju who never showed any notable displays of durability. Know who else rips limbs off? Red King. And I'm more than certain either Gigan and Megalon would dominate him in a one-on-one fight.

"ULTRASEVEN WILL CUT THEIR THROATS WHEN HE GETS ANGRY!"

You mean like how he cut the throats of all the other monsters he fought? Oh... wait. No. Because Ultraseven rarely uses his blade like that.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

LamangoKaijura wrote:You're all acting like Megalon and Gigan will be able to do the same shit they did to a vague Ultraman like Robot to an actual Ultraman. MUH TOHOS.
You pulling the bias argument is hilarious, considering how much you overhype Ultra kaiju and anything Showa related when they go up against something from other series/eras.
UltraSeven survived and helped kill two kaiju beating the shit out of him in another show. Two kaiju who could cause Kaiju sized Typhoons. BUT MUH TOHOS are better then the Giras brothers? skreeonk off. :roll:
Yes, because being able to create storms is directly related to combat ability. Yessir. And saying U7 survived the Gilas bros and Magma is really putting a spin on it, considering he was getting dominated so hard he couldn't even fight back, and Leo had to save his ass. Hell, he wasn't even doing well before Magma showed up.
Gigan and Megalon will spend the first few moments of the match, taunting, like they did with Jet Jaguar, and Seven just skreeonking decapitates one of them with the Eye Slugger.
Yeah, because U7 totally spams the Eye Slugger like that.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yeah, because U7 totally spams the Eye Slugger like that.
Watch the series, he'll use it as a shank, a sword, or a projectile.
You pulling the bias argument is hilarious, considering how much you overhype Ultra kaiju and anything Showa related when they go up against something from other series/eras.
Yes, just like I do with Zetton and Pandon? You sure you aren't the one underrating?

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Watch the series, he'll use it as a shank, a sword, or a projectile.
I'm well aware. That doesn't change the fact that he doesn't spam its use, especially instantly at the beginning of the battle like you're suggesting.
Yes, just like I do with Zetton and Pandon? You sure you aren't the one underrating?
Quite sure, thanks.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I'm well aware. That doesn't change the fact that he doesn't spam its use, especially instantly at the beginning of the battle like you're suggesting.
So I'm guessing all the times he did exactly this don't count, huh?

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

LamangoKaijura wrote:So I'm guessing all the times he did exactly this don't count, huh?
He did it a handful of times over the course of 49 episodes. Assuming he'll do so here is grasping. And even if he did, as others have already mentioned, it wouldn't insta-kill either Gigan or Megalon anyway.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:So I'm guessing all the times he did exactly this don't count, huh?
He did it a handful of times over the course of 49 episodes. Assuming he'll do so here is grasping. And even if he did, as others have already mentioned, it wouldn't insta-kill either Gigan or Megalon anyway.
No, but it would certainly inflict some major damage, perhaps even incapacitate one of them and allow Seven to get an advantage on the other before they recover.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Could Gigan and Megalon potentially block the Eye Slugger with their metallic arms?
Resized Image

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Coobzilla03 wrote:Could Gigan and Megalon potentially block the Eye Slugger with their metallic arms?
They could but there's also a decent chance it'd just bounce right off their skin
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae