King of Showa R1 - Gomora vs. Barugon

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

King of Showa R1 - Gomora vs. Barugon

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gomora

vs.

Barugon

Arena: Sea World Japan (Gamera vs. Zigra)

Rules: Monsters are scaled to Toho Showa sizes. Ultra Color Timers are turned off. Please POST YOUR VOTES IN BOLD.

Player Bets
- Tomzilla (100 Points on Barugon)

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: King of Showa R1 - Gomora vs. Barugon

Post by Tomzilla »

Barugon's Freezing Mist and Rainbow Ray gives him a serious tactical advantage. His attacks are not only very dangerous, but they also have incredible range and accuracy. I can't see Gomora winning, let alone making it out alive.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

...Fucking really? Barugon freezes Gomora and that's it. Gomora doesn't have a internal heater like Gamera does to thaw out or protect him from freezing completely over. Barugon
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Gomora doesn't have a internal heater like Gamera does to thaw out or protect him from freezing completely over.
It was specifically stated in the movie that Gamera was weak to freezing temperatures, though. If anything, the mist was more effective on him than it would be on the average monster.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Gomora doesn't have a internal heater like Gamera does to thaw out or protect him from freezing completely over.
It was specifically stated in the movie that Gamera was weak to freezing temperatures, though. If anything, the mist was more effective on him than it would be on the average monster.
Yet Gamera's power source is a plasma furnace and he flies through the vacuum of space just fine without freezing to death. Barugon's Freezing Mist also blew out Gamera's flamethrower like a candle before it froze Gamera. Are there any examples of Barugon's Freezing Mist not being impressive?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Tomzilla wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:
Yet Gamera's power source is a plasma furnace and he flies through the vacuum of space just fine without freezing to death. Barugon's Freezing Mist also blew out Gamera's flamethrower like a candle before it froze Gamera. Are there any examples of Barugon's Freezing Mist not being impressive?
There's one that bugs me, when Barugon walks by a part of the city, he's not facing it, yet it froze somehow.
It was specifically stated in the movie that Gamera was weak to freezing temperatures, though. If anything, the mist was more effective on him than it would be on the average monster
So you're saying a monster dinosaur like Gomora, who is from the tropics of some South America country, won't flinch to Barugon's mist? Good to know.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Tomzilla wrote:Yet Gamera's power source is a plasma furnace and he flies through the vacuum of space just fine without freezing to death.
Space is only cold in the technical sense. Because it's a vacuum, there's nothing to conduct heat away from an object. A body would probably get cold faster on a chilly winter day in Florida than it would in space.

https://www.quora.com/How-long-would-it ... uter-space
Barugon's Freezing Mist also blew out Gamera's flamethrower like a candle before it froze Gamera.
This... has nothing to do with temperature. All that means is it smothered the flames like a fire extinguisher (which is fitting, since I'm pretty sure compressed CO2 is literally what was used for the mist anyway).
Are there any examples of Barugon's Freezing Mist not being impressive?
LamangoKaijura wrote:So you're saying a monster dinosaur like Gomora, who is from the tropics of some South America country, won't flinch to Barugon's mist? Good to know.
Jesus people, stop reading what isn't said. All I said was that the mist would be less effective against an average monster than it was against Gamera because he's specifically weak to cold temperatures. As in, your average monster wouldn't be paralyzed and collapse from just a couple seconds of exposure like Gamera was.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Gomora isn't going to enjoy the ice mist, IR. And that must mean those things INSTANTLY FROZEN BY BARUGON like PLANES AND TANKS, are weak to cold too?
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

My vote goes to Barugon because Gomora, being cold-blooded (right?), won't like the mist.
Resized Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Gomora is labeled as a dinosaur, ergo he is warm blooded. This still doesn't change the fact that Barugon will turn his prehistoric ass into a Popsicle
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Birdman wrote:Gomora is labeled as a dinosaur, ergo he is warm blooded.
Looks to me dinosaurs were neither warm or cold-blooded, but hey, he still freezes. :)
Resized Image

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Gomora isn't going to enjoy the ice mist, IR.
Are you having problems with reading comprehension? For the third time now, all I'm saying is that it will be LESS EFFECTIVE against him than it was against Gamera. Nowhere did I say, or even imply, that it would not effect him at all. Of COURSE he's not going to like it. But it won't drop him like a ton of bricks with just a couple seconds of exposure like it did to Gamera, either.
And that must mean those things INSTANTLY FROZEN BY BARUGON like PLANES AND TANKS, are weak to cold too?
Considering metal doesn't freeze in the first place (or more specifically, it's already "frozen", aka in its solid state, at normal temperatures), the scene where the fighter jets crumble apart like ice doesn't make any sense anyway. But that's not really relevant. Yes, planes and tanks are absolutely easier to incapacitate with freezing spray than a giant goddamn monster. Simple ice buildup from flying in freezing rain or through clouds in cold areas is a very serious problem and can cause planes to crash, for Gwangi's sake.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Welcome to my Concession Stand. Would you like any snacks or beverages with that? ;)
Inferno Rodan wrote:Space is only cold in the technical sense. Because it's a vacuum, there's nothing to conduct heat away from an object. A body would probably get cold faster on a chilly winter day in Florida than it would in space.

https://www.quora.com/How-long-would-it ... uter-space
I see. Thank you for the info.
This... has nothing to do with temperature. All that means is it smothered the flames like a fire extinguisher (which is fitting, since I'm pretty sure compressed CO2 is literally what was used for the mist anyway).
Conceded.
Jesus people, stop reading what isn't said. All I said was that the mist would be less effective against an average monster than it was against Gamera because he's specifically weak to cold temperatures. As in, your average monster wouldn't be paralyzed and collapse from just a couple seconds of exposure like Gamera was.
I apologize for misinterpreting your words. I meant no disrespect.

I'm still not buying this claim that Gamera has a specific weakness to cold. I know it was stated in one of the films, but I feel like the Showa films retconned that line. After all, wasn't Gamera sleeping in Antarctica at the beginning of the series? The cold there didn't seem to bother him. Like I wrote before, Gamera is powered by plasma, so it's hard for me to believe he's really weak to cold.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Tomzilla wrote:Welcome to my Concession Stand. Would you like any snacks or beverages with that? ;)
Doritos and Sprite, pls.
I'm still not buying this claim that Gamera has a specific weakness to cold. I know it was stated in one of the films, but I feel like the Showa films retconned that line. After all, wasn't Gamera sleeping in Antarctica at the beginning of the series? The cold there didn't seem to bother him. Like I wrote before, Gamera is powered by plasma, so it's hard for me to believe he's really weak to cold.
The problem is that it was GvsBarugon where the cold weakness was stated, so, much like Godzilla's weakness to electricity in KKvsG, it's specifically relevant in that film despite it not being the case at other points in the series.