(CLOSED)Ultimate Kaiju Blazing

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: (CLOSED)Ultimate Kaiju Blazing

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

DinoMaster wrote:Since this tourney is coming to a close, and I've been eliminated for a while, I figured that I'd share some thoughts I had about it. These are probably gonna be harsh, but true.

This tourney was poorly run. For starters, the first thing I'm gonna say is that once a tournament is closed, it's closed. There should be no adding people two-three rounds towards the end, as that's really a dick move to all of those that have participated so far, whether winning or losing. It doesn't matter who it is, that shouldn't have happened.
I replaced g2vd with Gman1954 as g2vd informed me that he was banned. The only thing I let him change was his kaiju, everything else stayed the same.
My next issue is the team balancing. You were inserting and taking out monsters throughout the entire tourney, when there should have been a set list at the beginning. And then, the best part is, monsters you offered up as Team Captains would appear as draft kaiju, such as myself having Showa Mechagodzilla as a captain, and yet you had the literal sequel incarnation as one of your draft kaiju.

I agree that there was some unbalancing in this tournament, but everyone, including yourself, had a chance to change their draft kaiju at a point in this tournament.
This is also not mentioning the fact that several of the draft monsters were powerful enough to be Team Captains on their own, leading to incredibly unbalanced teams compared to others.
Look above.
Third thing I had problems with since the beginning was that the running man MuchWowSuchGodzilla actualy participated in the tourney. Of the handful that I've seen and been through here, this is something that you should never do. It leads too much into issues of the entire thing potentially being rigged, and is incredibly unfair to your participants if you somehow make it to the final round with a team that's stacked in your favor for example. With how much things were changing, I'm surprised you even had the time to participate.
So I shouldn't participate in my own tournament due to rigging acusations?
Overall, of the three or so tournaments I've been in so far, this one has been the least prepared, the most confusing one, and the shoddiest one of the bunch. If you're thinking of doing another one any time soon, you're gonna have to put a hell of a lot more work into it that you did this time.
The next tournament I do will be a lot more prepared than this current one, and thanks for your opinion.

To all those who think honestly think I'm rigging the tournament. Go check page 11 of this tournament. I'll post the quote here.
I really want this tournament to be fair and balanced, but some people just signed up and waited for the group stages to begin without checking in on any new monsters or anything. I dont want people like Kiryu2012 to be eliminated from the tournament because the didn't get any good kaiju in before the group stages started. So im asking the current players of the tournament if it would be a good idea to let some of the other teams that don't have good kaiju to get a chance to repick atleast one draft kaiju. At the same time it is their fault for not checking up on the tournament, but I would really like a fun and balanced tournament if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Another thing, at the beginning of the tournament, new kaiju were added. Participants had the chance to infinitely change their team around however they wanted to before the tournament started.....so I really don't know where all this 'unbalancing' stuff is coming from.
^ I always felt like there was something wrong with MWSG participating in his own tournament, especially with his overpowered team
I don't even have the strongest team. It's about even as far as the top 4 goes.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

^ I know your team's not ridiculously strong, but I wouldn't call the top 4 even.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:^ I know your team's not ridiculously strong, but I wouldn't call the top 4 even.
What? Kaijunator has effing Maga Basser and Tesseledon on his team, I've got a good air attack but I have to constantly buy EMP Protections, Coobzilla03 is really well rounded, Gman1954 and Gzillafan17 have good teams as well. Definitely even.
Last edited by MuchWowSuchGodzilla on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I guess the new rounds are starting the day after tomorrow?
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Yep it does!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Okay. Since I'll have 9000 or so points from betting, I'll buy a boss fight.
Resized Image

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:^ I know your team's not ridiculously strong, but I wouldn't call the top 4 even.
What? Kaijunator has effing Tesseledon
When did I get him? I thought my team was G14, Fire Golza, FW Gigan, and Maga Bassar, with Biollante as a Heisei summon kaiju.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Kaijunator wrote:
What? Kaijunator has effing Tesseledon
When did I get him? I thought my team was G14, Fire Golza, FW Gigan, and Maga Bassar, with Biollante as a Heisei summon kaiju.
I ment Golza, don't know why I thought you had Tesseledon.

Added in 13 hours 40 minutes 22 seconds:
Matches have updated!!

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Sorry for being absent, just getting over being sick. Guess I will just watch from the sides.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

gzillafan17 wrote:Sorry for being absent, just getting over being sick. Guess I will just watch from the sides.
It's fine. I was sick myself about two days ago. Stinks you got eliminated
Resized Image

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Its been an honor competing in the tournament with you guys.
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Coobzilla03 wrote:Its been an honor competing in the tournament with you guys.
You too guys, I'm probably going to lose my match even though I'm fairly certain I can win it.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

You too guys, I'm probably going to lose my match even though I'm fairly certain I can win it.
Could my prize from the boss fight be used in my match once I get it? That's really my only hope, unless I miraculously draw somehow.
Resized Image

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Yes, it has been.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Coobzilla03 wrote:
Could my prize from the boss fight be used in my match once I get it? That's really my only hope, unless I miraculously draw somehow.
Sure, since this tournament is really close to an end. Trust me, the next one will be amazing. Me and coob got some great ideas.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Coobzilla03 wrote:
MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote: You too guys, I'm probably going to lose my match even though I'm fairly certain I can win it.
Sure, since this tournament is really close to an end. Trust me, the next one will be amazing. Me and coob got some great ideas.
Cool. I'm excited for the next one, and I'm happy to be working on it. :D
Resized Image

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I'll probably sign up for you and Coob's next tourney.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Kaijunator wrote:I'll probably sign up for you and Coob's next tourney.
Thanks. Some people got triggered about balancing even though everyone had a chance to change their team.

Just a little sneak peek of what's going to be in the next tourny.

Common Pack: 5 common cards, with a 20% chance of a rare card!

Rare Pack:[ hidden text]

Epic Pack:[ hidden text]

Legendary Pack:[ hidden text]

Thats the only things that will be in the shop. Packs are also random. Here's 2 new shop items!
Glued
Super Glued
Untested Teleporter
Teleporter

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Thanks. Some people got triggered about balancing even though everyone had a chance to change their team.

Thats the only things that will be in the shop. Packs are also random. Here's 2 new shop items!
Glued
Super Glued
Untested Teleporter
Teleporter
I'm guessing Glued and Untested Teleporter have a chance to disable a kaiju, while the Super Glued and Teleporter will definitely disable a kaiju.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Kaijunator wrote:

Glued
Super Glued
Untested Teleporter
Teleporter
I'm guessing Glued and Untested Teleporter have a chance to disable a kaiju, while the Super Glued and Teleporter will definitely disable a kaiju.
Something like that :)