Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Tournaments

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 am

Grand King Ghidorah vs Grande’s Red King and Tyrant is really close, and few people have actually cast a vote on it, so last chance everyone
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

Mac Daddy MM
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mac Daddy MM » Sun May 17, 2020 9:08 am

Final match!

Grand King Ghidorah vs. Zaigorg & Crew. For the first time in over a decade, an Ultra monster has reached the final round. Can it take the gold!?
Did you miss me?

HillyHulk
Interpol Agent

Postby HillyHulk » Sun May 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Mac Daddy MM wrote:Final match!

Grand King Ghidorah vs. Zaigorg & Crew. For the first time in over a decade, an Ultra monster has reached the final round. Can it take the gold!?

Dang, this tournament is making history and (although I haven't participated as much as I probably should've) I got to be a part of it. It's been an honor.

SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:51 pm

RIP Corn Godzilla and Tyrant.

You were the true winners.

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Sat May 30, 2020 3:57 pm

The final round is still tied
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

Mac Daddy MM
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mac Daddy MM » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Ends on friday. Who will be the KING!?
Did you miss me?

GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:56 am

So, is this tourney done, or...?

Mac Daddy MM
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mac Daddy MM » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:01 am

THE TOURNAMENT IS OVER.

Behold, the 2020 King of the Monsters Champion...

ZAIGORG! along with stable mates Gorg Fire Golza and Gorg Antlar
Did you miss me?

GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:47 pm

An Ultra monster has won the tournament, hooray! Against Grand King Ghidorah of all monsters, noice.

SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:03 am

Delicious, finally, sick of GKG always winning lol.

Still wish it was Red and Tyrant though

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

Mac Daddy MM
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mac Daddy MM » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:16 pm

So just throwing this out here now, I'm already working on something a bit... larger. This won't be until early/mid 2021, but a handful of folks are helping out and I have full support from Gira as well. If there's one thing that hosting so many tournaments has taught me, its that the same handful of kaiju generally make the finals no matters what. This tournament has shown that there IS interest in adding some more power houses to the mix. So, we're going to be doing something more. Not just one... Not two... Not even three... BUT FIVE.

Five different tournaments running concurrently with one another. Each tier is a different scale of power, each with 32 different monsters from different franchises. The roster, as of now, is NOT set in stone. What I will tell you now is the tiers that have been created:

- Heavyweights: the powerhouses, the big bads. Kaiju that have a heavy variety of projectile attacks and superior durability/regeneration or come in at sizes that, even when scaled, comes out to over 100,000 tons. Examples: SpaceGodzilla, Burning Godzilla, Zaigorg, Gatanozoa, Ultraman Orb Thunder Breastar.

- Middleweights: Kaiju that are between average and power houses with decent firepower, durability/regeneration and size. Examples: Gamera (Heisei), Godzilla (2000), Ultraman Tiga, Hedorah (Showa), Red King (Grande's), Zetton (Ultra Galaxy).

- Lightweights: Kaiju of smaller size and power, primarily hand-to-hand fighters with limited projectile weaponry, durability and regeneration. Examples: Godzilla (1964), King Joe (Showa), Birdon (Taro), Gamera (Showa), King Kong (1962), Rogue Titan, Megazaord (2017), Lizzie.

- Featherweights: Kaiju that are even smaller than cruiserweight kaiju, generally have no projectile or special abilities, but ones they do have are noteworthy weak. Examples: Zedus, Anguirus (1955), King Kong (1933), the Black Scorpion, Kamen Rider J, George, Ralph.

- Teams: Kaiju teams that are established from different franchises and linked by either obeying the same master or appearing alongside one another. Teams can consist of two middleweights, one middleweight and two lightweights, three lightweights or one middleweight and three featherweights. Examples: Ultraman X + Cyber Gomora, Velokron (Victory Fight) + Vakishim (Victory Fight) + Doragoris (Victory Fight), Megazord + Dragonzord, Godzilla (1970s) + Anguirus (1972), The M.U.T.O.s.

What is being called the "Kaiju Olympics", this tournament(s) will be ALL INCLUSIVE and feature rosters of kaiju from films and live action TV shows. Monsters that normally don't appear or do not last long will finally have a real shot and winning some gold. We are trying not to get TOO obscure with some of the kaiju, but you will want to brush up on some of the more popular Ultra kaiju... because chances are they will will appearing. There will be over 50 arenas from both real life and the films, some with unique twists.

Finally, while it is not finalized, I am working on a means to get this a bit more "player" like where members can try and sway victory to a specific kaiju via aid. If this will be done, no guarantees. This is in early stages of planning.
Did you miss me?

VoyagerGoji
Interpol Agent

Postby VoyagerGoji » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:47 pm

^ That sounds awesome!

I am Death. I am Destruction. The Destroyer of Worlds.

Return to “Tournament Section”