Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
MuchWowSuchGodzilla
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Tournaments

Postby MuchWowSuchGodzilla » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:46 am

Are there any upcoming tourneys?

Added in 13 hours 57 minutes 42 seconds:
Can i revive the Reionyx Tournament? It was really good, and I would like to bring it back :D
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

User avatar
Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 6:57 pm
Location: U.S. Midwest

Re: Tournaments

Postby Coobzilla03 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:23 am

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:Are there any upcoming tourneys?

Added in 13 hours 57 minutes 42 seconds:
Can i revive the Reionyx Tournament? It was really good, and I would like to bring it back :D

Yea, Reionyx was really fun to read :D
Tohokingdom's local Wumbologist! It's 1st grade!
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Tournaments

Postby MuchWowSuchGodzilla » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:27 am

It would probably be pretty much the exact same thing with some more monsters included :>. I need the creators permission first tho
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

User avatar
Kiryu2012
Kwaidan
Posts: 5860
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Here, there, anywhere!
Contact:

Re: Tournaments

Postby Kiryu2012 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Thinking of doing my own tournament, where each participant starts off with only one fighter and gets more from winning against each other.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.


My DA

User avatar
Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 6:57 pm
Location: U.S. Midwest

Re: Tournaments

Postby Coobzilla03 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Kiryu2012 wrote:Thinking of doing my own tournament, where each participant starts off with only one fighter and gets more from winning against each other.


Sounds cool :D You should do it
Tohokingdom's local Wumbologist! It's 1st grade!
Resized Image

User avatar
MM Raids Again
G-Grasper
Posts: 1381
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Tournaments

Postby MM Raids Again » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Okay, ladies and gents. I'm back. I've really missed this stuff and while all these other tournies may be the next best thing, they aren't exactly an MM Tournament. Anyone up?
Did you miss me?

User avatar
Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 6:57 pm
Location: U.S. Midwest

Re: Tournaments

Postby Coobzilla03 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:37 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:Okay, ladies and gents. I'm back. I've really missed this stuff and while all these other tournies may be the next best thing, they aren't exactly an MM Tournament. Anyone up?


I'm up. I really like tournaments, if you can't tell
Tohokingdom's local Wumbologist! It's 1st grade!
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Tournaments

Postby MuchWowSuchGodzilla » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:14 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:Okay, ladies and gents. I'm back. I've really missed this stuff and while all these other tournies may be the next best thing, they aren't exactly an MM Tournament. Anyone up?

OMG IT'S MM THE DESTROYER

I would always be down to join your tournament.


P. S Go plop a vote in my wannabe MM Tournament matches!
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian
Posts: 1527
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Tournaments

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:31 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:Okay, ladies and gents. I'm back. I've really missed this stuff and while all these other tournies may be the next best thing, they aren't exactly an MM Tournament. Anyone up?

I'd love to join one of your tournaments, the Reiyonx tournament seemed like it was a very good, (mostly) fair, and well thought out tournament.
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I just write because i go "Wow that would be fucken cool, dinosors punching the poop out of eachother"


King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

User avatar
Beef Bigshot
Keizer
Posts: 7392
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: noitacoL

Re: Tournaments

Postby Beef Bigshot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:51 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:Okay, ladies and gents. I'm back. I've really missed this stuff and while all these other tournies may be the next best thing, they aren't exactly an MM Tournament. Anyone up?


Well your not good for much, but you do hold good tournaments, im down
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Tournaments

Postby MuchWowSuchGodzilla » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Beef Bigshot wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Okay, ladies and gents. I'm back. I've really missed this stuff and while all these other tournies may be the next best thing, they aren't exactly an MM Tournament. Anyone up?

Well your not good for much, but you do hold good tournaments, im down

Me too right?!?!?!!!
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

User avatar
Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 6:57 pm
Location: U.S. Midwest

Re: Tournaments

Postby Coobzilla03 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:11 pm

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Okay, ladies and gents. I'm back. I've really missed this stuff and while all these other tournies may be the next best thing, they aren't exactly an MM Tournament. Anyone up?

Well your not good for much, but you do hold good tournaments, im down

Me too right?!?!?!!!


Yeah, your tourneys rock dude. I'm 1000000% down.
Tohokingdom's local Wumbologist! It's 1st grade!
Resized Image

User avatar
MM Raids Again
G-Grasper
Posts: 1381
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Tournaments

Postby MM Raids Again » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:32 am

I'll start brainstorming this weekend. I won't go full-on into the card-based one I was planning before, however. I do still have all the cards though. Pretty sure I can whip up a pretty awesome basic one, however.
Did you miss me?

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8909
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Tournaments

Postby SpaceG92 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:39 am

So yeah - just spit balling here.

What if - we only have 1 tournament at a time, assuming it meets enough people joining and assuming if its "thought out enough" Ala MM's last tourny. It becomes its own sub-forum branch temporarily and when its over, it gets merged into "Old Tournaments" or into the main Tourny section. Don't know if this is a problem for you all, but again, spit balling here.

User avatar
Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 6:57 pm
Location: U.S. Midwest

Re: Tournaments

Postby Coobzilla03 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:44 am

SpaceG92 wrote:So yeah - just spit balling here.

What if - we only have 1 tournament at a time, assuming it meets enough people joining and assuming if its "thought out enough" Ala MM's last tourny. It becomes its own sub-forum branch temporarily and when its over, it gets merged into "Old Tournaments" or into the main Tourny section. Don't know if this is a problem for you all, but again, spit balling here.


Sounds like a pretty good idea to me
Tohokingdom's local Wumbologist! It's 1st grade!
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Tournaments

Postby MuchWowSuchGodzilla » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:54 am

MM Raids Again wrote:I'll start brainstorming this weekend. I won't go full-on into the card-based one I was planning before, however. I do still have all the cards though. Pretty sure I can whip up a pretty awesome basic one, however.

I could help if you'd like.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

User avatar
Kaijunator
Kwaidan
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: Tournaments

Postby Kaijunator » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:05 am

MM Raids Again wrote:Okay, ladies and gents. I'm back. I've really missed this stuff and while all these other tournies may be the next best thing, they aren't exactly an MM Tournament. Anyone up?

I'm up. Always enjoyed your tourneys.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

User avatar
MM Raids Again
G-Grasper
Posts: 1381
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Tournaments

Postby MM Raids Again » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Working on the basics for what I am calling the "Against All Odds" tournament. This would be a change of pace from the more recent tournaments and would be one-on-one (mostly) battles. There would be a set of 40 eligible kaiju (to be revealed at a later point as everything is ironed out). Instead of putting together a team, those that sign up would be randomly assigned five of the 40 kaiju. Players would start with 500 points (100 per kaiju). Should your kaiju win a match, you win 100 more points. Lose? You lose 100 points. Easy concept.

Monsters would be eliminated as they lose matches... UNLESS they are utterly crushed and overpowered by a 5 to 1 vote. At this point, they would return for the following round with their "Against All Odds" power-up activated. This could be transformations, summoning another kaiju to help, starting a match with an instant attack, etc. If they win this match, they remain in the tournament and revert to their standard. The only way to be eliminated from this tournament would be in a clean, even decide. If it's a blowout, the kaiju gains a second chance. However, this "Against All Odds" can't be utilized more than twice. Following a third crushing defeat, they would be eliminated regardless. If they would lose overwhelmingly while having their AAO active, they would be eliminated.

The tournament would wind down until there's only one standing or until so many rounds have passed. Players are eliminated by either running out of points or running out of kaiju. There would be now swapping or ditching kaiju that you dislike.
Did you miss me?

User avatar
Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 6:57 pm
Location: U.S. Midwest

Re: Tournaments

Postby Coobzilla03 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:54 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:Working on the basics for what I am calling the "Against All Odds" tournament. This would be a change of pace from the more recent tournaments and would be one-on-one (mostly) battles. There would be a set of 40 eligible kaiju (to be revealed at a later point as everything is ironed out). Instead of putting together a team, those that sign up would be randomly assigned five of the 40 kaiju. Players would start with 500 points (100 per kaiju). Should your kaiju win a match, you win 100 more points. Lose? You lose 100 points. Easy concept.

Monsters would be eliminated as they lose matches... UNLESS they are utterly crushed and overpowered by a 5 to 1 vote. At this point, they would return for the following round with their "Against All Odds" power-up activated. This could be transformations, summoning another kaiju to help, starting a match with an instant attack, etc. If they win this match, they remain in the tournament and revert to their standard. The only way to be eliminated from this tournament would be in a clean, even decide. If it's a blowout, the kaiju gains a second chance. However, this "Against All Odds" can't be utilized more than twice. Following a third crushing defeat, they would be eliminated regardless. If they would lose overwhelmingly while having their AAO active, they would be eliminated.

The tournament would wind down until there's only one standing or until so many rounds have passed. Players are eliminated by either running out of points or running out of kaiju. There would be now swapping or ditching kaiju that you dislike.


Sounds pretty interesting
Tohokingdom's local Wumbologist! It's 1st grade!
Resized Image

User avatar
Kaijunator
Kwaidan
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: Tournaments

Postby Kaijunator » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:30 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:Working on the basics for what I am calling the "Against All Odds" tournament. This would be a change of pace from the more recent tournaments and would be one-on-one (mostly) battles. There would be a set of 40 eligible kaiju (to be revealed at a later point as everything is ironed out). Instead of putting together a team, those that sign up would be randomly assigned five of the 40 kaiju. Players would start with 500 points (100 per kaiju). Should your kaiju win a match, you win 100 more points. Lose? You lose 100 points. Easy concept.

Monsters would be eliminated as they lose matches... UNLESS they are utterly crushed and overpowered by a 5 to 1 vote. At this point, they would return for the following round with their "Against All Odds" power-up activated. This could be transformations, summoning another kaiju to help, starting a match with an instant attack, etc. If they win this match, they remain in the tournament and revert to their standard. The only way to be eliminated from this tournament would be in a clean, even decide. If it's a blowout, the kaiju gains a second chance. However, this "Against All Odds" can't be utilized more than twice. Following a third crushing defeat, they would be eliminated regardless. If they would lose overwhelmingly while having their AAO active, they would be eliminated.

The tournament would wind down until there's only one standing or until so many rounds have passed. Players are eliminated by either running out of points or running out of kaiju. There would be now swapping or ditching kaiju that you dislike.

I assume the text in bold would be a typo?

Anyways, very interesting idea!
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image


Return to “Tournament Section”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests