Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: Tournaments

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Is the next tournament gonna be very soon?
Resized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Well, me and DL's match sorta blew up in our faces... because my volcano screwed us over.

Not even the machines of the gods are safe from volcanic ash!
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Recently, I was thinking of a idea for a tournament but I didn't even know how to hold a tournament. So, plus the face that all the good traditional tourneys were erased from existence by the hacking, I would like to ask, how would traditional tourneys work?
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

This'll be sorta bare bones since I don't even know what kind of tourney you're planning on doing.

Teams:
- Put a limit on how many fighters each team can have. I generally do about 5 or 6 per team since my tournies usually had plenty of good stuff to pick from.
-Add any extra restrictions. For example, my next tourney is gonna be Toku centered. So nothing from Gundam, Big O, etc. I was also thinking of making each person selecting just one character from each franchise. So only one Godzilla character, one Ultraman character, one Gamera character, one Kamen Rider character, etc. If you have something that has multiple forms like UG Gomora, RB Gomora, EX Gomora, then I usually separate each form and prevent people from just nabbing each form. So if you get EX Gomora, you can't get RB or regular UG Gomora or any other version of Gomora (the one from 80, the 66 Gomora, Max Gomora, etc).
-A ban list is usually a good idea. Kinda helps level the playing field and prevents teams from being too overpowered. Doesn't have to be just monsters but abilities/attacks too.
-If you do team captains then do something special for them like making them simply immune to arena death traps should you use them or give them they're own abilities like MM did with his tourney.

Arenas:
-Make sure they vary. Have mountainous areas, oceans, seaside cities, volcanoes, etc.
-Maybe add random death traps to them like all flying monsters are out of the round or no beams allowed. If you do this, try to makee sure that they sorta align themselves with whatever the arena is. So don't make Nilai Kinai's death trap be where the lake is frozen and all sea monsters are fucked. Make it a bit more in tune with RoM2. Add the stone guardians and make them blast evil monsters on both teams or have Dagahra's barem cancel out regenerative powers on both teams with their acidic properties.

Voting:
-Don't use polls. They're easy to manipulate.
-You must post in the thread before voting. I usually have Rounds last about 7-8 days with the last day being voting day. That people have plenty of time to talk and it doesn't drag the tourney too long.
-Make sure you BOLD your votes for it to count.
-Have a post count limit. For example, you must have at least 500 posts for your vote to count. That way people don't try to make new accounts or get friends to join just to vote for them.

I also use a random generator when it comes to picking teams. That way things are fair.

If I can think of anything else, then I'll speak up.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Derzerb wrote:*Very long helpful post here.*
Thank you. It's just that, if I do the tournament, It would just be considered a knockoff of the Reionix Tourney.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

After MM's third Reiyonx tourny and if no else has any tournies ready to go, I would like to do a better Ultimate Kaiju Battle tournie.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

I got a tourney planned out after MM's is done.
<3

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Derzerb wrote:I got a tourney planned out after MM's is done.
Alright, so I can make mine after yours is done?

EDIT: I have another question. Can I have stuff similar to MM's tourney like a store and points?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

I have a idea! A little tourney about TV or Other Kaiju. Hanna Barbera, G:TS, Godzilla Island and similar beasts!

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Now that MM is permanently banned again, what's going to happen to his tournies?

EDIT: If someone has to take over either one or both of his tournies, could I take over the Reiyonx Tournament Three?

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Kaijunator, you're not taking over either of MM's tournaments. For now, they're down until further notice.
<3

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Derzerb wrote:Kaijunator, you're not taking over either of MM's tournaments. For now, they're down until further notice.
Ok. I was expecting a no. Though I thought it wouldn't hurt to try and ask.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Derzerb wrote:Kaijunator, you're not taking over either of MM's tournaments. For now, they're down until further notice.
Any hope for this Tournament ending has officially become the Half Life 3 of the FM's.
Godzilla

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

So, I've been working on a little something. Consider it a little filler Tourney, for use in between the big ones. It's under construction still, but getting feedback sooner lets me know what I could change.

B-Movie Madness Tournament
Have you ever wondered who would win in a fight between La Serpienta Del Diablo and Taro? Have an unrelenting desire to crush all of those standing in your way? Don’t have the time to plot and strategize for a long standing tournament that may never end? Then here’s the tourney for you!
In short, it’s a basic tournament of Monster vs Monster, with whoever gets the most victories as the title champion! There will be six rounds, four regular rounds, one aquatic battle, and one aerial based battle. Each participant gets two monsters for land and special battlefields get one, with aquatics being in aquatic only and aerial in aerial battles only. Arenas shall be chosen randomly from the list below, with changes being made in the case of being unable for using. The prize is bragging rights and the knowledge that you went and watched some terrible movies to compete in this.

Monsters

Land
Graboid
Giant Tarantula
Tyrannosaurus
Nexu
Acklay
Rancor
Reek
Giant Bees
Taro
Talos
Cyclops
Triceratops
Ceratosaurus
Ymir
Rhedosaurus
Mammoth
Kothoga
Giant Grizzly
Anaconda
Giant Cobra
Giant Komodo dragon
La Serpieta Del Diablo
Cerberus
Vastatosaurus Rex
King Kong
Them!
Giant Scorpion
Giant Gila Monster

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

You'll have to wait for a while, cause Derzerb has tourney planned after MM's is dealt with and I have one planned after Derzerb finishes his up.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

You forgot Gwangi, but I like that tournament idea that would be great.
Godzilla

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Thanks g2vd. I left Gwangi off on purpose because of all of them he's the most used, and they're similar creatures with pretty impressive feats of their own. Not to mention the god like status he has with some people...

As for the waiting, yeah I get that. But who knows how long the tournies are gonna take. The Reioynx reborn has been limping along for months, and your other one did about the same amount of time Kaijunator. Mine would take about 30-35 days total, and is designed for a breather in between the main kaiju tournies. So it's adjustable in position for needs.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

DinoMaster wrote: As for the waiting, yeah I get that. But who knows how long the tournies are gonna take. The Reioynx reborn has been limping along for months, and your other one did about the same amount of time Kaijunator. Mine would take about 30-35 days total, and is designed for a breather in between the main kaiju tournies. So it's adjustable in position for needs.
Yeah that seems like a good idea.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

DinoMaster wrote: As for the waiting, yeah I get that. But who knows how long the tournies are gonna take. The Reioynx reborn has been limping along for months, and your other one did about the same amount of time Kaijunator. Mine would take about 30-35 days total, and is designed for a breather in between the main kaiju tournies. So it's adjustable in position for needs.
Actually, I plan on implementing a new rule where tournies must end within 3-4 months (haven't decide which one) unless something happens that necessitates an extension like another hacking. Just wanting to finalize things before I make it official. I'd figured putting a limit on how long a tourney can last would be a good idea. Might also put a limit on how many tournies you can do so that the same 2-3 people can't control the tournies.
<3

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Derzerb wrote:
Actually, I plan on implementing a new rule where tournies must end within 3-4 months (haven't decide which one) unless something happens that necessitates an extension like another hacking. Just wanting to finalize things before I make it official. I'd figured putting a limit on how long a tourney can last would be a good idea. Might also put a limit on how many tournies you can do so that the same 2-3 people can't control the tournies.
That sounds like a great idea, because this tournament has taken all year to finish and it still hasn't. this way it keeps everything more exciting because it's quicker keeps the hype up, though I must say I'm disappointed I rather liked this tournament and the sequel that was in the making would have been cool to see. but at this point I think the tournament should just be cancelled or finally ended.

I think 3-3 and a half months is a good limit.
Godzilla