Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: Tournaments

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Kiryu2012 wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:Looks like you *might* be able to start up your tournament, Kiryu. And I'd like the slot for tournament-making after Zarm.
Eh, I'm gonna wait until all this April Fools BS goes away before starting my tourny.
Good idea.
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Dibs after Zarm.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:Dibs after Zarm.
Coobzillas already got that slot, i think.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Would your tourney be Ultimate Kaiju Blazing II?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Keep in mind that these 'dibs' are just dibs on proposing to the head honcho that we run a tournament, it doesn't guarantee that we'll actually get approved to run the tournament. So my 'slot' may not mean anything if I get a thumbs down. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Will make my tourny in the weekend.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Kaijunator wrote:
Would your tourney be Ultimate Kaiju Blazing II?
Yep ;)
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Question for the assembled- I'm up next to host a tournament, and everything's ready... but I noticed a (seemingly) lower participation rate in the last few weeks, and wasn't sure if folks were feeling burned out or in need of a breather after two excellent long-form tournaments in a row.

Should I post tournament overview and signups on Monday, tournament to start the following week- or give things a little respite and hold off 'till that following week to make the initial post (kicking off the tournament proper first week of August)? Any preferences?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

I say start it. The more the merrier :)

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I say start it this Monday. I don't think the problem is people being burned out, I think several people were just busy recently, at least that's what I heard. Though, I guess that could still be an issue...
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I'd say start on Monday.
Resized Image

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I'd go with starting it on Monday.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, how about instead of just starting ANOTHER one right up, ya'll give it some time before another one pops up. You know, give it time to properly plan and do something original instead of just another multi-kaiju per user team versus tournament? This is the reason I don't even take part in these anymore.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MM Raids Again wrote:Yeah, how about instead of just starting ANOTHER one right up, ya'll give it some time before another one pops up. You know, give it time to properly plan and do something original instead of just another multi-kaiju per user team versus tournament? This is the reason I don't even take part in these anymore.
I have been planning for months; I just want to give people the break, or lack thereof, that they want before rolling it out. In fact, I'm using your bracketed style of tournament. And points system. I'm kind of taking heavy inspiration from King of Showa's style. :)

Whether that assesses any of your concerns or not, I will take your preference into account for timing. Thank you!

Added in 21 hours 31 minutes 22 seconds:
One unexpected side-benefit of the 'jury' format; since the match is not determined by popular vote but by debating points, no minimum post count needs apply... so this could be a good opportunity for newcomers to get their feet wet.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Seeing as the War of the Weaklings over, I'll announce I'm relinquishing my claim as the next tournament-creator. I'm just not creative enough anyways.
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

If I made a tournament, how many people would like to join? It would be similar to my first, but a lot of previous issues fixed.

Added in 8 days 4 minutes 54 seconds:
I will take that as none oof

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Would anyone have any gripes if I started up a tournament? I PM'd MuchWowSuchGodzilla about his tournament a week ago and haven't gotten a response. Besides, he's been offline for over 2 months.
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

I stalk the forums, just usually don't post anything. My tournament isnt fully ready as no one has responded in 4 months about me making one, so I just kinda left it.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I always follow with great interest, but I must admit... in the post-Last-Jedi world, I find my appetite for debate is waning. I've had my fill. :) But I'm sorry for not writing anything when I saw your post, MuchWowSuchGodzilla. Work and life are such that I ddin't feel I could reasonably get involved. Don't know that I can now, either, but I'd be game to give it a go if it would help either of you in getting a tournament off the ground.

Maranatha!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Would anyone have any gripes if I started up a tournament? I PM'd MuchWowSuchGodzilla about his tournament a week ago and haven't gotten a response. Besides, he's been offline for over 2 months.
I am interested in a tournament from either one of you guys, sounds neat! ;)
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Fri May 25, 2018 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image