Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 3)

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Wait, there were two Mandas in the first trailer. What if during their land battle, one of them gets Orga'd by Titanosaurus, allowing the latter to turn into Godzilla and making the remaining Manda attack him?

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Where is everyone watching GSP? I've only managed to watch it via Japanese Netflix which has no subs. Is everyone on TK fluent in Japanese?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Andagi1 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:42 pm Where is everyone watching GSP? I've only managed to watch it via Japanese Netflix which has no subs. Is everyone on TK fluent in Japanese?
I've been watching it on Japanese Netflix, unsubbed (so if I get things wrong, don't crucify me). Others have been watching fansubs. I think it should be easy to figure out where to find such things independently and if you so choose to, please support the full release when it's available on Netflix.

Please do not post links to fansubs: they will be deleted and result in warnings. Please do not also spam this thread with asking where to find them, but should others choose to be kind and share them privately, I think that's fine.

Also, episode 4 premieres tonight for me at midnight. I'm excited, but damn this is gonna screw with my sleep cycle.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 4)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Episode 4 was good, great even, but leaves so many things to pop off in the next episode. It's a very plot heavy episode, and has the least monster action so far, although many set ups for episode 5. I love the locale switch to Dubai with Mei, and man what this series is building up to. Episode 4 really sets things up to establish Gabara, Manda, Titanosaurus, and Angy. Not so much action, but a nice build up.

Edit: The switch of scenery was well needed. I was impressed to see Dubai and it's a very unique setting to a Godzilla property. I like that some of the newscasters, and extras (like the professor) keep repeating. I might be wrong, but Yun and Havel have a discussion about Rodan changing. It seems that there is variation within the Rodan species,

Yun says something strange about Rodan:
"神化controlする
。。。
自分の体を駆られるですか”

Keep that with a grain of salt, I'm tired and the kanji might be wrong but:
Yun is discussing how the Rodan are continually changing, and have control over their own bodies and are reactive to something.
Also, Sato with the strange man pretty much has an "oxygen destroyer moment" with the bones at the end of the first episode. We get a cut back to that moment and it's very strange.

Episode 5 and 6, need to go HARD with the monster action. While I like everything so far, we need things to start firing on all cylinders. Excited for next week.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Aaand here comes another week of painful waiting... :Anguirus:

The black and white surveillance-feed of Gabara(not-yet-confirmed™) looked quite creepy.
Hi!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:22 pm Aaand here comes another week of painful waiting... :Anguirus:

The black and white surveillance-feed of Gabara(not-yet-confirmed™) looked quite creepy.
Don’t worry at least it’s not another 10 years for more Godzilla content

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:34 pm
Gotschiller wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:22 pm Aaand here comes another week of painful waiting... :Anguirus:

Don’t worry at least it’s not another 10 years for more Godzilla content
I swear this is becomign some type of meme around here. :lol:

On another note...ANGUIRUS, IT"S BEEN SO LONG!!!! I'll take a 30 cm now, X-Plus.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:27 pmOn another note...ANGUIRUS, IT"S BEEN SO LONG!!!! I'll take a 30 cm now, X-Plus.
Anguirus was creepy on what we briefly saw of him. It's disturbing that he ate the dead Rodan, and the presumable death of the solider. One thing I appreciate, is that the series hasn't gotten graphic or gory. I don't think having ultra violence is good in a Godzilla property, so I'm glad they haven't done easy things that lesser anime might do.

I think Gabara(not-yet-confirmed™) might be bigger than we originally anticipated. I need to recheck the trailer, but there was a shot of Gabara climbing a structure, and we assumed therefore it would be small. Now, since we have the world's tallest building, it appears Gabara might be in the 30 meter range, or bigger than what we originally assumed. I think using a setting like that "Dubai" is a great way to take advantage of it being an anime.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

So the name of the creature is
Spoiler:
Aquatalis
not Titanosaurus.

Added in 3 minutes 16 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:30 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:27 pmOn another note...ANGUIRUS, IT"S BEEN SO LONG!!!! I'll take a 30 cm now, X-Plus.
Anguirus was creepy on what we briefly saw of him. It's disturbing that he ate the dead Rodan, and the presumable death of the solider. One thing I appreciate, is that the series hasn't gotten graphic or gory. I don't think having ultra violence is good in a Godzilla property, so I'm glad they haven't done easy things that lesser anime might do.

I think Gabara(not-yet-confirmed™) might be bigger than we originally anticipated. I need to recheck the trailer, but there was a shot of Gabara climbing a structure, and we assumed therefore it would be small. Now, since we have the world's tallest building, it appears Gabara might be in the 30 meter range, or bigger than what we originally assumed. I think using a setting like that "Dubai" is a great way to take advantage of it being an anime.
Can't wait to find out the meat behind the science mumbo jumbo. I think Shiva may have created a pocket universe or the red sand that has had dire, unforeseen side effects. Think Gabara may be a major threat.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

imposterzilla wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:46 am So the name of the creature is Aquatalis not Titanosaurus.
Fuck. Well, looks like Vakanai was right, lmao. However, there's something more...

I'll put a spoiler tag because this is based on a toy, not anything shown off in the show:
Spoiler:
Actually, looking at the tag, it's Gojira Aquatalis. OR Godzilla Aquatalis. In other words, it's (a) Godzilla!
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alright Vakanai, we owe you an apology for not believing you before. Although it's interesting that
Spoiler:
apparently it really IS Godzilla.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:07 am Alright Vakanai, we owe you an apology for not believing you before. Although it's interesting that
Spoiler:
Maybe a subspecies

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Spoiler:
Knew they wouldn't just randomly give Titanosaurus Godzilla's Theme.
Hi!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

imposterzilla wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:16 am
Gigantis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:07 am Alright Vakanai, we owe you an apology for not believing you before. Although it's interesting that
Spoiler:
Maybe a subspecies
I highly suspect they're re-using the original "Titan" concept from TOMG. It's going to get frustrating though, if Manda and Varan aren't the monsters. It's also possible that this is "Titanosaurus" but they have two names. Like 'd get a
Spoiler:
"Godzilla Serpentus" (Manda) and a "Godzilla Atmospherous" (Varan). That's still possible.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

I wonder how will the Godzilla skeleton will play into this series. Will it be used as a bio weapon, potentially a Godzilla that is revived, but under humanity’s control. Or will it be used to construct a potential Mechagodzilla. Anyways this is my friend had a theory as well.

So he has a theory that Anguirus when seeing the future, he’s like literally seeing the end of the world, potentially the universe as well. Of course, Godzilla is likely the center of it all.

I have a theory that, the human characters will learn about this from Anguirus, presumably from Yun’s close encounter with Anguirus. And he will also see the future.
Spoiler:
"Godzilla Serpentus" (Manda) and a "Godzilla Atmospherous" (Varan). That's still possible.
There’s a problem for Manda. We already have a figure for it and it’s already named.
Last edited by Denis on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

According to the toy leak from December-ish, we're due for two more Godzilla variants, Godzilla B and C. In the opening of Singular Point we see what looks like Varan with Godzilla dorsal plates, so I'd say that's probably B. Wonder what Kaiju C could end up being? I suspect we might've seen it right after 'Titanosaurus' and 'Varan' in the opening but the shot I'm referencing goes by so quick and is so obscured that it's so hard to tell who it resembles. I was confused for a while because I thought it was Gabara, but looking at it frame-by-frame, it definitely can't be him. My next thought was King Caesar, possibly I guess??? I'm gonna use photoshop to try figuring out a silhouette
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:41 am According to the toy leak from December-ish, we're due for two more Godzilla variants, Godzilla B and C. In the opening of Singular Point we see what looks like Varan with Godzilla dorsal plates, so I'd say that's probably B. Wonder what Kaiju C could end up being? I suspect we might've seen it right after 'Titanosaurus' and 'Varan' in the opening but the shot I'm referencing goes by so quick and is so obscured that it's so hard to tell who it resembles. I was confused for a while because I thought it was Gabara, but looking at it frame-by-frame, it definitely can't be him. My next thought was King Caesar, possibly I guess??? I'm gonna use photoshop to try figuring out a silhouette
Have a feeling that the silhouette is Varan. It looks very similar to his snout. But I do have a feeling these could either be Godzilla or a close relative. If that’s a case, then Varan being a close relative of Godzilla would be a nod to the Showa era relation of Godzilla and Varan. Which has been said they were close relatives. But that’s just me.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

The figure for the aquatic monster was posted in the JP Upcoming figures thread
Spoiler:
It's not Titanosaurus apparently, lol. I WAS WRONG!! Feel free to gloat at me all you want. :twisted:
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:56 am The figure for the aquatic monster was posted in the JP Upcoming figures thread
Spoiler:
It's not Titanosaurus apparently, lol. I WAS WRONG!! Feel free to gloat at me all you want. :twisted:
You got a link for the thread?