Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 4)

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:06 pm This might be a little too early to say but if this anime gets a second season what would it be?
Most likely introduce Mothra, Ghidorah, and MechaGodzilla if they're not in this season.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:29 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:06 pm This might be a little too early to say but if this anime gets a second season what would it be?
From what we can piece together from the story, i think it’ll be a one-and-done deal. I could very well be wrong though
Well you could very well be right since it does seem like that, but if it isn’t who know what they could add

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds:
DynomikeGojira wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:44 pm
Most likely introduce Mothra, Ghidorah, and MechaGodzilla if they're not in this season.
I think Mothra is already in this season since we saw jet jaguar has a little moth landing on his hand in one trailer that came out

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Tbh it might just be the perspective warping one's perception of the proportions, a similar thing happened with Ghidorah in KOTM.
That's entirely possible, I figure it's most likely just my brain overthinking things at 2 AM
Last edited by EvaGhidorah01 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'd honestly be pissed off if this wasn't a one and done deal. While I'd like more Godzilla content, I'd rather they don't make an overly bloated story just for the sake of having more seasons. I'd much rather prefer some time to sit with it, and enjoy it before they make maybe another anime. I think that's really likely.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Spoiler:
So Rodan on the site has been updated to being an adult with godzilla dorsal plates. Bet we're gonna get a stupid Godzilla related name for it too.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:09 pm
Spoiler:
So Rodan on the site has been updated to being an adult with godzilla dorsal plates. Bet we're gonna get a stupid Godzilla related name for it too.
...except they’ve already been called Rodan in the series, and have had variations with and without the Godzilla spines. Have you watched the episodes, or are just popping in to complain?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Not that anyone ever doubted it, but from this set of postcards we can clearly tell something will be happening with the skeleton.
Hi!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I wonder if Shiva is harvesting Archetype from Gabara. I have a feeling he's going to be a major threat.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

Honestly, I could see them setting up a story for another season, but it largely depends on what exactly is the nature of many of the mysteries in this universe. They could theoretically end the season on the start of some sort of monster apocalypse, or setting up an interdimensional rival for Godzilla in whatever interpretation of Ghidorah they might come up with. While a second season bloating the show is a possibility, it isn't a guarantee.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Honestly despite my excitement for this anime to have almost any kaiju to show up, I really don't want ghidorah too. I mean I wouldn't be opposed to it if he does show up, but I'm kind of exhausted with him. That being said, this really wouldn't be that much of a nitpick considering how many other kaiju seem to be appearing in the show.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Ultramorph
Ronin

Post by Ultramorph »

I have to agree about Ghidorah. I really don't want him to appear in Singular Point. Godzilla seems to be the ultimate big bad for the show, so having Ghidorah show up would sort of ruin it.
imposterzilla wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:30 am I wonder if Shiva is harvesting Archetype from Gabara. I have a feeling he's going to be a major threat.
I had the same thought. I think Gabara is basically being used a genie by Shiva to generate "impossible" materials for weapons.
Gotschiller wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:07 am Not that anyone ever doubted it, but from this set of postcards we can clearly tell something will be happening with the skeleton.
That last shot is really cool and has me super curious about what's happening. My theory given the toy reveals is that Godzilla A, B, and C will be three separate monsters that Voltron together to form Ultima. I think the three throats on the Ultima design is hinting at this. I sort of hope we get a Godzilla skeleton figure.
Last edited by Ultramorph on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:24 pm
LamangoKaijura wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:09 pm
Spoiler:
...except they’ve already been called Rodan in the series, and have had variations with and without the Godzilla spines. Have you watched the episodes, or are just popping in to complain?
Well, the thing that looks like Titanosaurus turned out to be, well you know. So clearly, the Rodans are going to be Godzilla related too.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Watched episode 4. So is it implied that Rodan was an aquatic creature that spontaneously evolved into a pterosaur and evolved further into the adults? That's kind of what it was hinting at. Also I'm glad Anguirus finally showed up, albeit at the very end.
Gotschiller wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:07 am Not that anyone ever doubted it, but from this set of postcards we can clearly tell something will be happening with the skeleton.
I wonder what that purple webbing/goo on that warehouse is?
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Breakdown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:57 pm Watched episode 4. So is it implied that Rodan was an aquatic creature that spontaneously evolved into a pterosaur and evolved further into the adults? That's kind of what it was hinting at. Also I'm glad Anguirus finally showed up, albeit at the very end.
I wonder what that purple webbing/goo on that warehouse is?
In regards to the Rodan, yeah, that's the implication. Yun says they can change their bodies as they need to. They're related to Godzilla as well. I think it's sort of like Shin where they can adapt and evolve, but it's not as drastic as Shin, (This is also why it's not worth responding to others here who clearly haven't watched the episode). Goo I think is probably from the Kumonga/Megalon creatures.

Since Godzilla Aquatalis is reddish: We can assume that it produced the Rodan, and possibly the Rodan are dying because they are leaving it's vicinity, or possibly their metabolisms are dying (imagine Shin third form overheating).

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:32 am Honestly despite my excitement for this anime to have almost any kaiju to show up, I really don't want ghidorah too. I mean I wouldn't be opposed to it if he does show up, but I'm kind of exhausted with him. That being said, this really wouldn't be that much of a nitpick considering how many other kaiju seem to be appearing in the show.
I agree but I doubt the writers are dumb enough to include Ghidorah. Inserting Ghidorah into a plot line is basically saying, "yeah we have no idea where or what our story should do".

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:52 pm
I'd honestly be pissed off if this wasn't a one and done deal. While I'd like more Godzilla content, I'd rather they don't make an overly bloated story just for the sake of having more seasons. I'd much rather prefer some time to sit with it, and enjoy it before they make maybe another anime. I think that's really likely.
I think it would be best to wait and see at the season finale first. Or at least that’s what I would do. Wait for episode 13, and then decide if they should really continue the series or should they just leave it as one season.
I have to agree about Ghidorah. I really don't want him to appear in Singular Point. Godzilla seems to be the ultimate big bad for the show, so having Ghidorah show up would sort of ruin it.
I do think Kong Ghidorah can work, but they would probably make him a hero actually. Like what they did with the first King Ghidorah in the IDW Trilogy and GMK. Would be interesting if we get our third hero King Ghidorah.
Last edited by Denis on Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Denis wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:57 amKong Ghidorah
that's an interesting visual.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:10 am Was rewatching Singular Point's trailers while discussing Godzilla C, and noticed that Godzilla's proportions seem to change in different shots. In some shots, he has the traditional almost "bulldog-like" snout reminiscent of Shodai, Mosu and Shin Goji, as well as others. Meanwhile, the second image presents what looks like a Godzilla with more rounded proportions, as well as a longer snout. Obviously, we know about there being at least 4 Godzilla variants, but I'm very curious if this adds any credence to the fusion or evolution theories people have had over Godzilla Aquatilis, B, and C.

Feel free to challenge me if you think I'm overthinking things (had an interesting day, so I'm probably just not thinking straight). For all I know, some of the footage we've seen may have been constantly changing since the first trailer of Singular Point

......you know, this has actually given me the thought of an even more insane twist: the reason there's Godzilla Aqualitis, Godzilla B, C, and Ultima is there are MULTIPLE Godzilla mutations running around and they're all conflicting as they try to reach the skeleton and become the TRUE Godzilla (Ultima). So Manda looks the way they do/attacks Godzilla because it's Godzilla C clashing with Aqualitis over the bones.

This isn't what I think will happen, just a thought that occurred to me.

RIP Evan.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

What day do these episodes drop again?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think Wednesday.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzillakuj94 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:59 pm What day do these episodes drop again?
Japan Wednesday/Thursday: 24:00AM/12:00AM
In precisely 8 hours.

Gahh, can't come soon enough!