How Could Past Monsters Be Revisited in the Reiwa Era?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Reiwa Mechagodzilla: How do you want him?

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's an idea : What if Mechagodzilla's first appearance in the Reiwa era has him built by alien invaders like in the Showa era, only to be destroyed by Godzilla and eventually salvaged by humans and rebuilt to protect? It would be the best of both worlds in my book. It happened with King Joe in Ultraman Z, so why can't the same be done with Mechagodzilla?

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

I'm thinking he can be a blend of both alien and Earth origins. He could be an ancient war machine that's made by the Black Hole race to wipe out existing life forms made in the image of the most dangerous kaiju which is Godzilla at the time but was lost and buried. Centuries later he was repurposed by the Earth's military to use as a weapon against Godzilla and the other kaiju. Later on Mecha-Godzilla's memories and back up system comes back and quickly turns on Earth to destroy both humans and kaiju to finish his original objective. May not be the most original but hey it works all the same.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:14 pm built by alien invaders, only to be destroyed by Godzilla and eventually salvaged by humans and rebuilt to protect?
furthermore, due to reverse-engineering, there would be an in-universe explanation as to how humanity has mazer tech. I can get behind this idea.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

As long as it isn't false advertising like the anime Mechagodzilla then I don't care. I would prefer a MG built by futuristic humans or aliens though. It just seems to fit with the advanced tech and all. One thing we really haven't seen is MG akin to MKG. Cyborg rather than full mechanical.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Re: Reiwa Ghidorah: How do you want him?

Post by Gotschiller »

long necks
Hi!

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Devilsadvocat631 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:09 pm I say the worshipped by aliens who have secretly been on our planet for awhile. He really is the epitome kaiju outside of Godzilla.

Destroyah is a one time thing, space Godzilla is just more Godzilla, but Ghidorah is a destroyer of planets and there is just so much you can do with that. We can like have him destroy a whole continent and just sit on the ramifications of that to build up the dread.
A Death Star like scene showing him destroy a planet in the past would be cool.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

We already do have a Reiwa Ghidorah (so far) :

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/chara ... 1213191312
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:55 pm We already do have a Reiwa Ghidorah (so far) :

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/chara ... 1213191312
Correction.
Last edited by tbeasley on Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

I might have an idea for a Reiwa Ghidorah. You know how Ghidorah has been controlled by multiple alien races over the worlds? Well, try the other way around. Ghidorah has already been in forms of power
Spoiler:
(a god in the anime trilogy and an alpha in Monsterverse)
so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to give him control of a force taking over Earth similar to Zigra and Viras from the old Gamera movies.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

TyrantGojira wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:12 am Something like Grand King or Legendary Ghidorah design wise with some Lovecraftian elements.
I believe we did get a Lovecraftian Ghidorah : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla: ... anet_Eater

I used a link because no matter what I do, these forums won't let me post images.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Frankenstein in the Reiwa era

Post by LegendZilla »

The fact that Kong is due for the public domain in 2029, allowing everyone to use him (including Toho) has got me thinking something. In the meantime, what would prevent Toho from utilizing another certain public domain monster in future films? I am of course talking about Frankenstein's monster. How would you handle him? Do you think it's a good idea to re-incorporate him into Godzilla-lore? If they do, it would be a great way to bring back the Gargantuas.

Using him would be like Thor with Marvel. Both characters originate from stories originating long before any of us, or even our grandparents were born. Therefore, they are free of copyright and have a vast potential for what any artist can do with them.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Re: Frankenstein in the Reiwa era

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

There is nothing stopping Toho from using their version of Frankenstein, or doing a new version.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Only if he comes with the best boi, Baragon.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Legend, i already made this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28960

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:42 am Legend, i already made this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28960
Forgive me, but I was unaware of your thread.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

If Toho did, it would be interesting to see an updated version. Given what they did with Shin Godzilla, it could be more a patchwork looking kaiju than one that looked primitive.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Wasn't the unmade Heisei film Godzilla vs the Bio-Monster a modern spin on Toho's Frankenstein. As far as Frankenstein is concerned I would love to see a King Kong vs Frankenstein actually come alive pun intended.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I see no reason why Frankenstein's monster couldn't be brought back. I think a lot of parallels could be made with how both he and Godzilla were affected by atomic bombs and how they've changed as a result. If Frank does return, though, Baragon should definitely be a co-star.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

I would like to see a Toho incarnation of Ghidorah with arms as wings (like the Monsterverse) as oppose to the fin-like wings he has always had with Toho. I think there is a lot of room for creativity with him.

I’d also incorporate gravity with his beams again, similar to the shin Ghidorah’s beams that would actually distort gravity. Perhaps with attributes like the world engine from Man of Steel - where Ghidorah can increase or decrease gravity in a particular radius
Last edited by Monke on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

Here a really fantastical idea - Mechagodzilla being an ancient weapon built by humans from long ago, deep within the earth. Similar to Gigan in FW