Locations in The World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Re: Locations in The World of Godzilla

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:18 pm
Gigantis wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:03 am
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:19 pm Imagine Godzilla on a terraformed Venus or Mars.
Honestly seeing the red deserts of Mars mixed in with ocean blue and some futuristic looking cities would actually be pretty cool. I guess this would mean this series would have to take place sometime in the far future though for that to work.. or aliens.
Yeah, I was thinking of Godzilla as a Martian monster that was awakened by the terraforming of his home planet. He is pissed by how different Mars is and goes on a rampage because of that. I know, the idea of Godzilla being an alien creature does sound weird, but then again, so was having him being a evolving mutant with a giant human skull at the end of his tail (Shin Godzilla).
Wouldn't be the first time Godzilla was an alien, unless we're all forgetting that 1979 A Space Godzilla short story.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:53 am
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:18 pm
Gigantis wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:03 am

Honestly seeing the red deserts of Mars mixed in with ocean blue and some futuristic looking cities would actually be pretty cool. I guess this would mean this series would have to take place sometime in the far future though for that to work.. or aliens.
Yeah, I was thinking of Godzilla as a Martian monster that was awakened by the terraforming of his home planet. He is pissed by how different Mars is and goes on a rampage because of that. I know, the idea of Godzilla being an alien creature does sound weird, but then again, so was having him being a evolving mutant with a giant human skull at the end of his tail (Shin Godzilla).
Wouldn't be the first time Godzilla was an alien, unless we're all forgetting that 1979 A Space Godzilla short story.
When it comes to movies, it would be the first time.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly since we're inevitably gonna get some alien action, anyone else thinks it's high time we see an more exotic homeworld than just using Jupiter's moon?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:27 pm Honestly since we're inevitably gonna get some alien action, anyone else thinks it's high time we see an more exotic homeworld than just using Jupiter's moon?
I think it's very high time we get a world like that.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Going back to more Earthly locations here: Transylvania. I mean sure the towns small but considering the fact it could be a nice place for monsters based in horror like Kumonga, why not?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:25 am Going back to more Earthly locations here: Transylvania. I mean sure the towns small but considering the fact it could be a nice place for monsters based in horror like Kumonga, why not?
That's a neat thought. I would also choose Kamacuras and the Meganulon as monsters for that location.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

An Aquapolis like in resident Evil. It just makes so much sense to have Godzilla, a sea monster, invade a city built on the ocean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KO0d9Tyf5E

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Going on the concept of the above post, a monster fight on a terrafied planet/moon would be a pretty neat change of pace compared to just Earth cities.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Y'know what? Why not have a giant power source be in the middle of a fight? Like this massive statue or crystal that towers over the monsters, illuminates the entire battleground and they have to fight on top of it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maybe they can have a kaiju attack in Shikoku for once. In the 60+ years of the genre's existence, that particular Island of Japan has strangely been sparred from destruction.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Atlantis has a lot of possibilities, either the ruined city under the sea, super advance alien colony city or a magic kingdom. Hell, setting it in the past or the present would work equally as well.