Shinkalion Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
SoggyNoodles2016

Shinkalion Godzilla

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

According to Atomic Crusader on Tumblr, the upcoming film in the Shinkalion franchise (mecha series about trains that combine into robots which featured Evangelion and Vocaloid cameos. Because Japan.) Will have a Godzilla cameo factor in.

Looks to be a mix between the Legendary and the Shin design, really excited to see it on screen.

RIP Evan.

Cookson
Futurian

Re: Shinkalion Godzilla

Post by Cookson »

Awesome. Definitely will check this out
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Well, color me interested. Having seen the Evangelion crossover episode from the show, this should be fun.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cool, I’ll definitely look into it when I get back. A hybrid design between legendary and shin would be awesome.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

According to Atomic Crusader on Tumblr, the upcoming film in the Shinkalion franchise (mecha series about trains that combine into robots which featured Evangelion and Vocaloid cameos. Because Japan.) Will have a Godzilla cameo factor in.

Looks to be a mix between the Legendary and the Shin design, really excited to see it on screen.
It could just be the tiny picture on my phone, but to me it looks less like a hybrid of those two and more like a stylized profile of Hesei Goji.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Vakanai wrote:

It could just be the tiny picture on my phone, but to me it looks less like a hybrid of those two and more like a stylized profile of Hesei Goji.
I definitely see Heisei, maybe some Shin, but I'm not seeing the Legendary.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

eabaker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:

Yeah, the closest thing to Shin I see is the length of the tail, but otherwise mostly getting a lot of Hesei. Not sure where people are seeing the Legendary influence.

I don't know, I think the arms might be longer than Hesei's too.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Vakanai wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Vakanai wrote: It could just be the tiny picture on my phone, but to me it looks less like a hybrid of those two and more like a stylized profile of Hesei Goji.
Yeah, the closest thing to Shin I see is the length of the tail, but otherwise mostly getting a lot of Hesei. Not sure where people are seeing the Legendary influence.

I don't know, I think the arms might be longer than Hesei's too.
I said Legendary because the face, arms, and chest reminded me of the PS4 game/Sh Monsterarts version of 2014. I still see it but there's definitely more Heisei then I acknowledged.

Either way, looks very nice. Wonder if this is going to be another Shin Ghidorah thing where the non-canon incarnation ends up being one of the best new takes on the character :lol:
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Interesting, is it really snow or just white? If it is purely white it may indicate that the Gemstone project did factor into Toho's plans.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Still waiting for Madhouse.
imposterzilla wrote:Interesting, is it really snow or just white? If it is purely white it may indicate that the Gemstone project did factor into Toho's plans.
Let's just pretend I understand what you are talking about.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

So is that official? Is that what Goji looks like in this cameo? Or is it just like fan art or speculation?

Either way, looks like a neat design. A Snow Godzilla is not something I'd ever think of.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Living Corpse wrote: Let's just pretend I understand what you are talking about.
He's talking about the Gemstone Godzilla fan project contest held a while back where Japanese fans sent in different short films for the chance to have one turned into a YouTube series (this is where that puppet show Gojiban comes from).

This was one of the entires and the Godzilla design featured is almost 1:1 the same as the one in this Shinkalion cameo:

imposterzilla wrote:Interesting, is it really snow or just white? If it is purely white it may indicate that the Gemstone project did factor into Toho's plans.
It looks like it's just snow from the area Godzilla's in.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote:
So is that official? Is that what Goji looks like in this cameo? Or is it just like fan art or speculation?

Either way, looks like a neat design. A Snow Godzilla is not something I'd ever think of.
It's official. There was one more image on Instagram kaiju news outlet.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote:
Vakanai wrote:

It's official. There was one more image on Instagram kaiju news outlet.
Cool, guess the "very different Goji takes" in Japanese media continues!

Added in 1 minute 42 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Living Corpse wrote: Let's just pretend I understand what you are talking about.
He's talking about the Gemstone Godzilla fan project contest held a while back where Japanese fans sent in different short films for the chance to have one turned into a YouTube series (this is where that puppet show Gojiban comes from).

This was one of the entires and the Godzilla design featured is almost 1:1 the same as the one in this Shinkalion cameo:

I was wondering how that little puppet show got started. So does that mean Gojiban was the winner? How many entries were there in total, and can they all be watched?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

You know, it's actually pretty interesting that we now have this extra little category of movies that aren't actually Godzilla movies but have major Godzilla cameos like Always 2 and Ready Player One...

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

So from what I'm gathering here. That this isn't Godzilla, but some sort of energy creature that takes on the apprence of Godzilla.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:So from what I'm gathering here. That this isn't Godzilla, but some sort of energy creature that takes on the apprence of Godzilla.
What makes you think/say that?

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Vakanai wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:So from what I'm gathering here. That this isn't Godzilla, but some sort of energy creature that takes on the apprence of Godzilla.
Its what I think the villains do in this, the wiki isn't any real help in explaining anything about this show.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
Its what I think the villains do in this, the wiki isn't any real help in explaining anything about this show.
Ah. I know nothing about this show, so heck if I know. But even so, I wouldn't say this isn't Godzilla, just the Godzilla of that world is different maybe. I mean, the last anime Godzilla was a plant...