GO!! GO!! GOJIRA-KUN

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

GO!! GO!! GOJIRA-KUN

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I can’t tell right now if this is official, but I’ll get back to you guys in an hour and probably give you a loose translation about what this skit is about.

Edit: title should be Goji-ban.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: GO!! GO!! GOJIRA-KUN

Post by JAGzilla »

So, even only understanding about ten words out of that, it was objectively the best Godzilla production in years. This is my new headcanon for what day-to-day life on Monster Island is like.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Okay, first off, what did I just watch? No seriously, is this some one off short, the pilot for some new children's tv or web series, just what exactly is this supposed to be?

And secondly, I can't speak Japanese so I could be getting one of the identities of the kid monsters wrong, but is this basically Godzilla being father to both Minilla and Goji Jr? That is freaking adorable. And I love that they seem to be friends with a baby Mothra. Glad to see that even with the more adult fare of Shin and the anime trilogy Toho is also still presenting some Godzilla fun for younger audiences. I'm guessing this is aimed for like the more pre-k crowd, which is pretty great. Hopefully that's a new generation of fans there.

Seems to take more inspiration from the Showa era despite the inclusion of who I'm assuming to be the Hesei era's Goji Jr. Almost a little surprising Godzilla doesn't take more after the Shin version, but maybe that version isn't viewed as being appropriate for younger viewers so they wanted a Goji that was more kid friendly, hence the pseudo-Showa aesthetic. Also love that these are all obviously puppets as opposed to CGI or even guys in the old suits. Obviously not that there'd be anything wrong with doing guys in suits for a kid's show like this, but as a huge fan of puppet shows like Eureka's Castle when I was that age it's just nice to see there's still a place for puppetry in children's entertainment. Plus puppets are probably cheaper than either CGI or suitamation, and also just cuter really in my opinion.

So yeah, whatever this bit of cuteness is, I approve.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think somebody is gonna start releasing these online subtitled.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

Cute ! I lost braincells in the process but who cares !

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Yep they now have English speech bubbles when they talk for certain lines but not all for some reason.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So Godzilla has another son now that cool. I think this is something really cool for kids and I would have loved a show like this when I was little.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I saw the episode where Minya is being bullied by Gabara, and then Shin Godzilla shows up and scares the hells out of him with his tail-head. It was such an odd combination of cute and bizarre. Plus Queen Seesar in a Leia bikini...

Last edited by H-Man on Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

H-Man wrote:I saw the episode where Minya is being bullied by Gabara, and then Shin Godzilla shows up and scares the hells out of him with his tail-head. It was such an odd combination of cute and bizarre. Plus Queen Seesar in a Leia bikini...

Wow, I never expected to see Shin this way. Even as a puppet on a kid's show he's creepy looking.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Vakanai wrote:
H-Man wrote:I saw the episode where Minya is being bullied by Gabara, and then Shin Godzilla shows up and scares the hells out of him with his tail-head. It was such an odd combination of cute and bizarre. Plus Queen Seesar in a Leia bikini...

Wow, I never expected to see Shin this way. Even as a puppet on a kid's show he's creepy looking.
Y'know, in the TK interview with Marc Cerasini, he mentioned rumors that Shin Godzilla would have a second head. When I saw the movie, I didn't notice anything completely blatant: if he's firing lasers from his spines, than his tail isn't so far removed from that. Stupid me never considered the possibility that a small head might've developed at the tip of his tail, especially considering that final shot of the film.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

H-Man wrote:Y'know, in the TK interview with Marc Cerasini, he mentioned rumors that Shin Godzilla would have a second head. When I saw the movie, I didn't notice anything completely blatant: if he's firing lasers from his spines, than his tail isn't so far removed from that. Stupid me never considered the possibility that a small head might've developed at the tip of his tail, especially considering that final shot of the film.
Here on the Toho Kingdom main site, you can find several photographs of the model that Takayuki Takeya made to depict Godzilla's fifth form in the film's closing shot. They offer a very clear look at the vestigial twin face in the tip of Godzilla's tail.

The tail face has two sets of jaws: an outer set that vaguely resembles Godzilla's mouth and an inner set with a much more humanoid mandible and teeth.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote:
H-Man wrote:Y'know, in the TK interview with Marc Cerasini, he mentioned rumors that Shin Godzilla would have a second head. When I saw the movie, I didn't notice anything completely blatant: if he's firing lasers from his spines, than his tail isn't so far removed from that. Stupid me never considered the possibility that a small head might've developed at the tip of his tail, especially considering that final shot of the film.
Here on the Toho Kingdom main site, you can find several photographs of the model that Takayuki Takeya made to depict Godzilla's fifth form in the film's closing shot. They offer a very clear look at the vestigial twin face in the tip of Godzilla's tail.

The tail face has two sets of jaws: an outer set that vaguely resembles Godzilla's mouth and an inner set with a much more humanoid mandible and teeth.
Yeah, I feel *really* stupid for not having noticed it before--or paid enough attention to media at the TK to see that. I should turn in my G fan card.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Godziban is being re-uploaded with English subs! Must turn on the close caption icon to work.