Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Shin Ultraman Officially announced

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tyrantgoji wrote:Just curious,since Shinji Higuchi is making this movie,how does he do his films? almost the same as Anno's work (wouldn't be suprised since they ARE best friends) or a little different?
Can’t find it, but the live action Titan stuff is actually similar to evangelion, in that there’s excessive blood spraying with connecting punches.

However, it’s acrually more akin to all of the stuff in War Of The Gargantuas. Considering both like the exact same thing before I don’t think there’s an issue.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Shin Ultraman : Appearance Speculation

Post by LegendZilla »

Continuing the tradition of how we have speculated over the years as to how Godzilla would look when each film involving the character was still in development, starting with the 2014 film, why not do the same for the upcoming Shin Ultraman film?

How do you think our beloved red and silver monster-fighting alien superhero should look? What should change and what should stay the same?

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Shin Ultraman : Appearance Speculation

Post by Gigantis »

An actual being of light. even just as a transformation. If they don't go that route,i honestly don't know what else they can really change about him. i doubt he's gonna be the grotesque monstrosity like Shin Godzilla though.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Higuchi directing isn't assuring but Anno is writing so it'll be better than the entire Monsterverse through the script alone. Dougherty and Borenstein's scripts serve as nothing more than sleep aid.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I'm just hoping for some beautiful Shin Godzilla-level cinematography, that alone will make this film a win in my book.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Heh. Looks like this chart predicted the future after all.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

It wasn't like it was a hard prediction to make.

Kink Kong
Ronin

Post by Kink Kong »

Dracosaurian wrote:Heh. Looks like this chart predicted the future after all.

You forgot casuals in comments sections hilariously predicting parallels with some of Evangelion’s disturbing or divisive aspects.

E.g. “Shin Hayata jerks it to Fuji’s comatose body”, “Ultraman gets mindraped with a series of flashes of black screen with white Japanese text”, “The movie ends with the Science Patrol clapping and saying congratulations!”

Absolutely original comedic genius!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dracosaurian wrote:Heh. Looks like this chart predicted the future after all.

“People who think Shin means weird” was a big oof to me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

If he bleeds, I want it to be weird, like liquid-light.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Living Corpse wrote:If he bleeds, I want it to be weird, like liquid-light.
I was gonna say glowing blue blood like Shin Ghidorah in the Godzilla vs. Evangelion 4D ride.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

What if "Shin Ultraman" will be a reworked 2016 Ultraman that was scrapped?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Eel221 wrote:What if "Shin Ultraman" will be a reworked 2016 Ultraman that was scrapped?
I think that was just a sort of mini-trailer/short film to acknowledge the anniversary. A similar thing happened with Gamera 2015.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Eel221 wrote:What if "Shin Ultraman" will be a reworked 2016 Ultraman that was scrapped?
I think that was just a sort of mini-trailer/short film to acknowledge the anniversary. A similar thing happened with Gamera 2015.
Was the date seen in that "trailer" the same as the anniversary then?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vakanai wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Was the date seen in that "trailer" the same as the anniversary then?
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/11997 ... cal-movie/
Yep

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

If Mahiro Maeda (Heisei Gamera, Evangelion, Giant God Warrior, Shin Godzilla, etc.) is involved designs could possibly reflect his work on Ultraman Powered, perhaps with better execution this time...

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Cool piece of art.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tbeasley wrote:If Mahiro Maeda (Heisei Gamera, Evangelion, Giant God Warrior, Shin Godzilla, etc.) is involved designs could possibly reflect his work on Ultraman Powered, perhaps with better execution this time...

That series had fantastic monster designs. Ultraman also looked fairly standard.
Yeah, this is about what I expect, new, updated designs for monsters, but Ultraman himself being pretty normal.

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

I'll wait for a trailer.
Haven't been catching up to Ultraman since Mebius but I hope this Movie would look better than that 2019 Ultraman.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

tbeasley wrote:If Mahiro Maeda (Heisei Gamera, Evangelion, Giant God Warrior, Shin Godzilla, etc.) is involved designs could possibly reflect his work on Ultraman Powered, perhaps with better execution this time...

I actually liked Ultraman Powered a lot, the only thing that really held the show back was that it didn't have a big enough budget to cover repairing it's expensive suits. Because of that the fight scenes were far less dynamic then other series. That said all the beam attacks look great.