The Future of Toho and the Godzilla Series

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

The Future of Toho and the Godzilla Series

Post by Stump Feet »

Not sure if anyone here follows Dman but apparently he and Toho had a meeting at SDCC and relayed exclusive information pertaining to their future as a company, I seriously suggest checking out his latest video as it adds a lot of insight on what's to come even though he's refusing to reveal exactly what was told to him.

Discuss what you think about the future of Toho, their upcoming movies, and them coming out of their shells infront of a new world eager for some Godzilla goodness.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

UltramanGoji

Re: The Future of Toho and the Godzilla Series

Post by UltramanGoji »

Stump Feet wrote:Not sure if anyone here follows Dman but apparently he and Toho had a meeting at SDCC and relayed exclusive information pertaining to their future as a company,
Yeah-huh. Sure.

No offense Stump (seriously, I like you man) but that's very hard to believe.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Not sure if anyone here follows Dman but apparently he and Toho had a meeting at SDCC and relayed exclusive information pertaining to their future as a company,
Yeah-huh. Sure.

No offense Stump (seriously, I like you man) but that's very hard to believe.
I won't say you're wrong and that he's not totally full of shit. I stumbled across his channel today and thought his video was interesting, it honestly didn't occur to me that he may have been lying :lol: :oops:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Toho would totally meet with some random fan on YouTube with 61k subscribers and tell him about their future plans.

The guy's a joke.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

UltramanGoji wrote:Toho would totally meet with some random fan on YouTube with 61k subscribers and tell him about their future plans.

The guy's a joke.
The way he puts it, all the folks apart of the podcast panel (I think that was the panel he was apart of at SDCC) got a chance to chat with Toho for a bit and they talked about the future of their company, I don't know much about him but I'd hate to hear he's lying.
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hey Dman wasn’t supposed to tell anyone anything! Toho told me yesterday when I was in tokyo! Totally legit!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dude was banned from TK years ago. He hasn't matured at all.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Living Corpse wrote:Dude was banned from TK years ago. He hasn't matured at all.
Can you still find his posts? Why exactly was he banned?
Long Live The Sting

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Stump Feet wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Dude was banned from TK years ago. He hasn't matured at all.
Can you still find his posts? Why exactly was he banned?
That was old TK so they are lost. Just general troll account.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Dman meeting TJ Storm is legit.

This I highly doubt is legit. Never really liked this guy's channel, I remember getting Shin's abilities spoiled by a thumbnail of his back in 2016 before the film was released.

No way Toho would talk to some kid.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

wow,never knew Dman was so disliked here.
sure Toho has something cooking in there pot,waiting for an opening to reveal it to us fans.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I could be wrong, but I've always gotten the sense that Toho plans to be pretty tight lipped about their future films until after GvK.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vakanai wrote:I could be wrong, but I've always gotten the sense that Toho plans to be pretty tight lipped about their future films until after GvK.
Toho most likely has plans that are continually shifting. Just look at all the unmade projects and other things.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:This I highly doubt is legit. Never really liked this guy's channel, I remember getting Shin's abilities spoiled by a thumbnail of his back in 2016 before the film was released.
Same thing happened to me. It's why I keep telling people, if you see a video that that spoils shit in the title or thumbnail report it as spam.
tyrantgoji wrote:wow,never knew Dman was so disliked here.
sure Toho has something cooking in there pot,waiting for an opening to reveal it to us fans.
When you see the kind of people he hangs with you start to understand.