THAT Jet Jaguar trailer might had been legit...

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

THAT Jet Jaguar trailer might had been legit...

Post by Rodan95 »

After Comic Con, I realized something.

- The WORLD OF GODZILLA is going to expand the lure and will happen the same time has the "Monsterverse".

- Japanese and American movies WILL happen.

- The "Monsterverse" has it's own story. Japanese movies arent tied down and are expand Godzilla series.

- Akito Takahashi says that "Mechagodzilla" is hinted and "Jet Jaguar" was hinted too.. [SOURCE: TOHO: (finishing) " --- Personally, I love Jaguar(Jet Jaguar), so I personally hope we can see him in the movies. It’s a minority character, not many people know him." (Part 10) #GODZILLA https://t.co/0ZEUrfDQke]

Now remember that Jet Jaguar trailer on April 1st? Maybe that teaser was the first of the "World of Godzilla" film?

Just a theory, but what do you all think? Could it be something?

EDIT: PLUS - with the Superhero movie trend, this is the time for Jet Jaguar to gave a comeback! He is literally a superhero-type character in the Godzilla universe. It would definitely work.
Last edited by Rodan95 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Re: THAT Jet Jaguar trailer might had been legit...

Post by UltramanGoji »

Abso-fucking-lutely not and you're silly to think it was anything other than a fan-made gag trailer.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Abso-fucking-lutely not and you're silly to think it was anything other than a fan-made gag trailer.
That "fan-made" was from Toho's official YouTube channel though.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wait, I think I know the problem.

I'm thinking of this:

when you were talking about this:

My mistake.

With that cleared up, I'm still skeptical but it's not like Toho's AFD gags haven't eventually become reality. I'd be up for it.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

It’s a fun idea you have to admit
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jet Jaguar deserves to return, actually reinventing Jet Jaguar is the type of world we live in now.
Maybe a Jet Jaguar tv show.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I unironically want Jet Jaguar to come back so bad and I was bummed as hell when I realized that trailer was an April Fools joke.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Maybe a Jet Jaguar tv show.
Jet Jaguar saves the day from giant monsters, but we also get to see him trying to live out his day to day life as a citizen in [Japanese Metropolitan Area].
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dr. Professor wrote:I unironically want Jet Jaguar to come back so bad and I was bummed as hell when I realized that trailer was an April Fools joke.
While I wouldn't look too much into it, remember that Godzilla vs. Evangelion started out as an April Fools joke, then a merch line, and eventually a long term collab that wound up generating a Shin Ghidorah, a ride at USJ and a ton of merch. Even if Jet Jaguar doesn`t wind up in a movie in the future, it`s cool he hasn`t been completely ignored. At the very least expect possible reissues of Jet Jaguar figures.
Smuggers wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Maybe a Jet Jaguar tv show.
Jet Jaguar saves the day from giant monsters, but we also get to see him trying to live out his day to day life as a citizen in [Japanese Metropolitan Area].
"Hito ga tsukutta robotto da kedo,

Jetto Jagaa, Jetto Jagaa,

Yatta, Jetto Jagaa

Yuke, yuke, heiwa o mamoru tame,

Minna mo odoroku yuuki wo miseru

Gojira to Jagaa de panchi, panchi, panchi

Nakuna, bokura mo ganbarou"

Hey, we got an anime theme song!

I would unironically love the idea of a show about Jet Jaguar living in Tokyo and awkwardly interacting with humans, and like going out to Izakayas with people, and have everyone treat him normally, only for him to have that dumb expression all the time.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I think this thread should be renamed the "Shin Jet Jaguar" thread because between the interview conducted at Comic Con, the GvE ride cameo, and all this promotion going on at the Godzilla Store, I honestly think Toho's got something up their sleeves in the near future for Jet Jaguar.

Whether they're planning to give him a solo outting, or use him for another Godzilla movie, I'd bet money on him returning in some format.

Fingers crossed because JJ's always been a personal favorite of mine and would be well welcomed.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Stump Feet wrote:I think this thread should be changed to the "Shin Jet Jaguar" thread because with the interview conducted at Comic Con, the GvE ride cameo, and all this promotion going on at the Godzilla Store, I honestly think Toho's got something up their sleeves in the near future.

They could finally be planning to give him a solo outting, or maybe they'll use him for another Godzilla movie, I'm not sure yet but something's gotta be going on.
Yeah, gonna repost this here.

Top left, Jet Jaguar makes a cameo on an explicitly Shin oriented product.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Jet Jaguar deserves to return, actually reinventing Jet Jaguar is the type of world we live in now.
Do they make it badass?

And make him a grounded hero like My Hero Academia?
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Jet Jaguar deserves to return, actually reinventing Jet Jaguar is the type of world we live in now.
Do they make it badass?

And make him a grounded hero like My Hero Academia?
No they don’t, they play up the camp and awkward humor, and the episodes end with a fun fight.

My idea was more along the lines that Jet Jaguar works as a salaryman in Tokyo, and wears a suit, and no one awknowledges that he’s the hero that continually saves Tokyo. Maybe Jet Jaguar has a girlfriend, and he’s never acknowledged that he’s a robot. Cut to shots of Jet Jaguar in a suit, sitting down and drinking after work with a bunch of other disgruntled office workers.

It could be a more direct parody of ultraman and other super hero tropes, similar to one punch man, but with the Toho lexicon at its disposal.
The seatopians, and some obscure Godzilla villains/characters, like Kenchiro from Godzilla Revenge, would appear. Include corn cob hippie, the thief from 1984, etc... Have an ongoing gag where Jet Jaguar lives in a Leo palace, and the apartment next to him is rented out by Seatopians, and jet Jaguar’s neighbor is a seatopian agent. Have some of the episodes be direct parodies of some of the lesser Godzilla films. Have some original monsters, but include creatures like Gabara, Baragon, Hedorah, and of course Gigan and Megalon.

Keep it a nice 12 episode long series, so that there’s time to do fun things but it doesn’t overstay it’s welcome.

Hey Toho execs, I live two hours away from Tokyo! I’ll write the show for ya ;)
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Making Jet Jaguar some badass robot would absolutely ruin the appeal of Jet Jaguar in the first place :roll:

I kinda like the thought of a show where Jet Jaguar's atrempting to fit in with society, but definitely not to the lengths LSD mentioned above :lol:

I'd like a show about Jet Jaguar being left by his inventor when he dies to watch over his son (whether he be young or a teenager) while at the same time, trying to hide the fact he's a robot by dressing him up when they're in public (example being that M11 vs. Jet Jaguar trailer UltramanGoji posted)

Eventually a giant creature/alien race/evil robot would appear in every episode leading to a big brawl while trying to protect the inventor's son from harm.
Long Live The Sting

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Interesting to think about how JJ could fit in the same universe as Shin, assuming that is the case.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Hell just go for it Toho.... !
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

An intelligent robot trying to live among humans and the difficulties faced in doing so would be a good update for the character.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

edgaguirus wrote:An intelligent robot trying to live among humans and the difficulties faced in doing so would be a good update for the character.
Thank you, I agree. Would love to see a movie or television series based around that premise.
Long Live The Sting

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Am I the only one who doesn't want Jet Jaguar to be some social robot trying to blend into human culture? And as some businessman to boot? I mean, that's not what he was in Godzilla vs Megalon, so where is this idea coming from? Why is there a desire to reimagine him that way?

I still like the idea of what was in his original appearance, just updated for our times. Robot invented by some genius inventor who protects said inventor and his family and fights bad monsters. I mean, the premise still works, why fix what ain't broke?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Vakanai wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't want Jet Jaguar to be some social robot trying to blend into human culture? And as some businessman to boot? I mean, that's not what he was in Godzilla vs Megalon, so where is this idea coming from? Why is there a desire to reimagine him that way?
Because its interesting and builds upon an aspect of his character that was glossed over in Godzilla vs. Megalon: his spontaneous artificial intelligence.