Shin Godzilla's Future Forms (5th Form and Beyond!)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Shin Godzilla's Future Forms (5th Form and Beyond!)

Post by AllosaurHell »

Shin Godzilla's evolution still fascinates me to this very day, the 5th form is obviously the humanoid creatures coming out of the tail and allegedly, his final form was supposed to be a giant woman and I even heard the 7th form was supposed to have a universe inside it's body, which if true, it would have made Godzilla one of the most OP characters of all time more than he already is.

Anyone who has the Art of Godzilla book and can understand it, feel free to discuss what you discovered on there.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: Shin Godzilla's Future Forms (5th Form and Beyond!)

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

AllosaurHell wrote:Shin Godzilla's evolution still fascinates me to this very day, the 5th form is obviously the humanoid creatures coming out of the tail and allegedly, his final form was supposed to be a giant woman and I even heard the 7th form was supposed to have a universe inside it's body, which if true, it would have made Godzilla one of the most OP characters of all time more than he already is.

Anyone who has the Art of Godzilla book and can understand it, feel free to discuss what you discovered on there.

Where did you hear about the "giant woman" bit? I remember reading some stuff about other grotesque forms he might take if he continued to evolve (splitting into little Shinlets and then coalescing again to take even grosser forms iirc) . But nothing about a giant woman. That would be hilarious. I'm going to need a link.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:Shin Godzilla's evolution still fascinates me to this very day, the 5th form is obviously the humanoid creatures coming out of the tail and allegedly, his final form was supposed to be a giant woman and I even heard the 7th form was supposed to have a universe inside it's body, which if true, it would have made Godzilla one of the most OP characters of all time more than he already is.

Where did you hear about the "giant woman" bit? I remember reading some stuff about other grotesque forms he might take if he continued to evolve (splitting into little Shinlets and then coalescing again to take even grosser forms iirc) . But nothing about a giant woman. That would be hilarious. I'm going to need a link.
The giant woman stuff was revealed through images of the Art of Godzilla book, in which I also posted on reddit. According to some people who could read this book, this was indeed his final form though I wonder what's with the large bone-like material protruding out of her chest, because it doesn't look practical. https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comme ... t_of_shin/

Added in 1 minute 1 second:
I also drew my own personal take on Shin's future evolution: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/baOrgr
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I shared this a while back in the monster discussion thread for Godzilla 2016, although now it seems the 'future evolutions' section of the Gojipedia page I quoted has been removed...
tbeasley wrote:I know you should always take certain Wikis with a grain of salt but I was poking around in one and this caught my attention...
http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla ... evolutions
According to The Art of Shin Godzilla and several other official publications, the fourth form was merely a beginning ("baby") and Godzilla would continue to evolve. Future forms and consequences of this have been noted, and it was pointed that extinction on the subcellular scale is necessary to defeat Godzilla.

These include the below aspects:
◾Fifth Form
◾Acquire flight ability.
◾Self-division without limits to eventually cover the whole of Earth.
◾Divided forms may shrink in size and form a legion.
◾Become immune to the Yashiori Plan.
◾Lose algesia (sensitivity to pain) and emotions.
◾Self-generation of a completed form from a tiniest fragment of the body.

◾Sixth Form
◾Overcoming requirements of air and water to survive.
◾Will achieve self energy productions.
◾Achieving limitless nuclear fusions and overcome energy problems.
◾Degeneration of the mouth and teeth. Will eventually lose these organs.
◾Will eventually invade outer space and reach other planets.

◾Seventh Form
◾Contains a small universe within its body.
◾Synthesizing any materials and elements at will and make them its own.
◾Adapt to harsh environments of any planets.

◾Eighth Form
◾Transcending physical law and reaching the "level of GOD" (and Immortality).
Especially this...
Interestingly, it was revealed in 2012 that a memo named Shin Godzilla was left by Ishiro Honda; he was planning to create a Godzilla to self-divide, and coalesce enemies and grow larger, enabling aerification and solidification, and become inanimate.
The sources link to Japanese sites and Twitter so is there any merit to this... ?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Shin would have taken the form of Shinzo Abe himself
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

At that point it wouldn't even be Godzilla lmao, it'd just be Stanley Kubrick and Kroenenberg presents "GOD"
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'm pretty sure those pics of that feminine creature are just concept art of the humanoids from Godzilla's tail.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

AllosaurHell wrote: The giant woman stuff was revealed through images of the Art of Godzilla book, in which I also posted on reddit. According to some people who could read this book, this was indeed his final form though I wonder what's with the large bone-like material protruding out of her chest, because it doesn't look practical. https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comme ... t_of_shin/

I also drew my own personal take on Shin's future evolution: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/baOrgr

I always took that image to be one of the many concepts for the Shinlets. There's a lot of 5th form art. They just settled on the more gruesome ones in the end.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

tbeasley wrote:I shared this a while back in the monster discussion thread for Godzilla 2016, although now it seems the 'future evolutions' section of the Gojipedia page I quoted has been removed...
tbeasley wrote:I know you should always take certain Wikis with a grain of salt but I was poking around in one and this caught my attention...
http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla ... evolutions
According to The Art of Shin Godzilla and several other official publications, the fourth form was merely a beginning ("baby") and Godzilla would continue to evolve. Future forms and consequences of this have been noted, and it was pointed that extinction on the subcellular scale is necessary to defeat Godzilla.

These include the below aspects:
◾Fifth Form
◾Acquire flight ability.
◾Self-division without limits to eventually cover the whole of Earth.
◾Divided forms may shrink in size and form a legion.
◾Become immune to the Yashiori Plan.
◾Lose algesia (sensitivity to pain) and emotions.
◾Self-generation of a completed form from a tiniest fragment of the body.

◾Sixth Form
◾Overcoming requirements of air and water to survive.
◾Will achieve self energy productions.
◾Achieving limitless nuclear fusions and overcome energy problems.
◾Degeneration of the mouth and teeth. Will eventually lose these organs.
◾Will eventually invade outer space and reach other planets.

◾Seventh Form
◾Contains a small universe within its body.
◾Synthesizing any materials and elements at will and make them its own.
◾Adapt to harsh environments of any planets.

◾Eighth Form
◾Transcending physical law and reaching the "level of GOD" (and Immortality).
Especially this...
Interestingly, it was revealed in 2012 that a memo named Shin Godzilla was left by Ishiro Honda; he was planning to create a Godzilla to self-divide, and coalesce enemies and grow larger, enabling aerification and solidification, and become inanimate.
The sources link to Japanese sites and Twitter so is there any merit to this... ?
I actually saw that the other day and it really got me thinking because I would love to see if there was anything else in the Art of Shin Godzilla that matched those descriptions. I'm so interested in seeing how the seventh form would look.

Added in 1 minute 48 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:At that point it wouldn't even be Godzilla lmao, it'd just be Stanley Kubrick and Kroenenberg presents "GOD"
That's the perfect way of putting it, because who knows how strange things could have gotten post 5th form.

Added in 2 minutes 21 seconds:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I'm pretty sure those pics of that feminine creature are just concept art of the humanoids from Godzilla's tail.
It most likely is, but I remember seeing in the comments of one of Vrahno's animations claiming that it was supposed to be Shin's final form in the film but it was cut for being too strange and it really got me thinking, then I remembered this is Hideaki Anno we're talking about and that seems like a very Anno thing to do.

Added in 1 minute 55 seconds:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote: The giant woman stuff was revealed through images of the Art of Godzilla book, in which I also posted on reddit. According to some people who could read this book, this was indeed his final form though I wonder what's with the large bone-like material protruding out of her chest, because it doesn't look practical. https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comme ... t_of_shin/

I always took that image to be one of the many concepts for the Shinlets. There's a lot of 5th form art. They just settled on the more gruesome ones in the end.
Most likely, I legit wonder if the awakening of the Shinlets was gonna lead to some End of Evangelion-esque event.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Even if i’m not the biggest fan of Shin, those prospects of further evolution intrigue me. Further transformations of Super Saiyan could follow that set up too.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

_JNavs_ wrote:At that point it wouldn't even be Godzilla lmao, it'd just be Stanley Kubrick and Kroenenberg presents "GOD"
Now I'm imaging David Cronenberg in this outfit.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

tbeasley wrote:
Now I'm imaging David Cronenberg in this outfit.
Now that would make for an epic teaser, Cronenberg in that outfit announcing his Godzilla movie and then a small trailer with footage from the actual film plays.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

That "future evolutions" crap on Gojipedia was a complete hoax, and was on their Godzilla 2016 page for well over a year because no one on that site does any fact checking until someone finally calls them out for misinformation or plagiarism. A Japanese user there who actually has all of the sources they supposedly cited for the "future evolution" broke down how none of the sources said anything remotely close to what their page claimed, aside from acknowledging Godzilla may evolve into a 6th form. You can see their breakdown in the comments of this page.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

King of the Monsters wrote:That "future evolutions" crap on Gojipedia was a complete hoax, and was on their Godzilla 2016 page for well over a year because no one on that site does any fact checking until someone finally calls them out for misinformation or plagiarism. A Japanese user there who actually has all of the sources they supposedly cited for the "future evolution" broke down how none of the sources said anything remotely close to what their page claimed, aside from acknowledging Godzilla may evolve into a 6th form. You can see their breakdown in the comments of this page.
Damn I'm kinda sad it's fake, because they are still interesting ideas regardless of their authenticity and certainly suit Hideaki Anno's style of story telling.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

King of the Monsters wrote:That "future evolutions" crap on Gojipedia was a complete hoax, and was on their Godzilla 2016 page for well over a year because no one on that site does any fact checking until someone finally calls them out for misinformation or plagiarism. A Japanese user there who actually has all of the sources they supposedly cited for the "future evolution" broke down how none of the sources said anything remotely close to what their page claimed, aside from acknowledging Godzilla may evolve into a 6th form. You can see their breakdown in the comments of this page.
That’s a bit unfortunate, but to be honest really doesn’t change much.

Based on some of the concept art, and art that was turned into actual models and prop design, we know that shin’s final form in the film might not have been the actual end. Most likely, if Shin continues growing and changing the way it was doing, it would get crazy. Similar to my feelings on 54, and the “Kaiju unknown factor”, I think part of the appeal of Shin as a specific incarnation is not just what he is, but what he could turn into next. It gives Shin a continuing mystery.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
That’s a bit unfortunate, but to be honest really doesn’t change much.

Based on some of the concept art, and art that was turned into actual models and prop design, we know that shin’s final form in the film might not have been the actual end. Most likely, if Shin continues growing and changing the way it was doing, it would get crazy. Similar to my feelings on 54, and the “Kaiju unknown factor”, I think part of the appeal of Shin as a specific incarnation is not just what he is, but what he could turn into next. It gives Shin a continuing mystery.
I agree, that's why I love Shin Godzilla and we still don't really know what he originally looked like prior to his second form.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I envisioned he would evolve into a flying form that would use his tail like a propeller to stay airborne.

Seriously though, that is one of the fun aspects of this take on Godzilla. Theoretically, he would always be evolving and changing (interesting metaphor for Godzilla's character and film career as a whole if you think about it).
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

This is my favorite take on Shin flying

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

tbeasley wrote:This is my favorite take on Shin flying
I love that illustration, kinda wish we got to see that in the film.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Set to the same theme from Godzilla vs. Hedorah, of course.